To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

A place for general chat (non-writing related). Please keep political discussions to the relevant neighborhood forum.

Moderators: cori67, RedBaron, Shann

Rebecky
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Re: Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

Postby Rebecky » Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:03 pm

JesusPuppy wrote:
Re-Kiddo-Becky wrote:crazy, mad, screaming and yelling, down right nasty

Hummmmmm... maybe we ARE related.

Dum Spiro Spero

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:15 am

Yeah. I wouldn't wish that on me worstest enemy. :roll:

Though I always did want a little sister to pick on when I was growing up. :mrgreen:

It was Shann's B-day and I missed it. Man, now I feel bad. I was just worried as she hadn't been on to pick on me for a few days. Now I see why. :sorry
....JesusPuppy (or just call me Pup) Image

And just for the record, I am a Male.

"I am a writer, I do NOT lie... I fictionalise." JP

"The Lord Bless thee, and keep thee.." Num. 6:24

JesusPuppy Profile

Cypress Times, online Christian news paper.

Rebecky

Postby Rebecky » Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:44 am

You know, I texted Shann Happy Birthday on her bday and I never got a reply.

:|
Dum Spiro Spero

Rebecky

Postby Rebecky » Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:45 am

JesusPuppy wrote:Though I always did want a little sister to pick on when I was growing up. :mrgreen:

Does this mean i'm now your adopted little sister? and does that make me a puppy too? :tongue
Dum Spiro Spero

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:59 am

Why am I thinking of Pomeranian's? :roll:

Rebecky wrote:You know, I texted Shann Happy Birthday on her bday and I never got a reply.

:shock: Oh mo.. the aliens got her. I pray she is okay.
....JesusPuppy (or just call me Pup) Image

And just for the record, I am a Male.

"I am a writer, I do NOT lie... I fictionalise." JP

"The Lord Bless thee, and keep thee.." Num. 6:24

JesusPuppy Profile

Cypress Times, online Christian news paper.

Rebecky

Postby Rebecky » Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:03 pm

JesusPuppy wrote:Why am I thinking of Pomeranian's? :roll:

I dunno but I have a yorkie :D
Dum Spiro Spero

RiversidePeace
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)

Postby RiversidePeace » Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:27 am

My Tammy is a pomeranian. She's 17 and due for her needles and check up.

What's 17 doggie years in human years?

Chrissy

Rebecky

Postby Rebecky » Fri Sep 20, 2013 4:18 pm

RiversidePeace wrote:

Chrissy

if I did my math right... 119 years.
Dum Spiro Spero

RiversidePeace
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)

Postby RiversidePeace » Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:16 pm

Rebecky wrote:
RiversidePeace wrote:

Chrissy

if I did my math right... 119 years.

After her daily walk with Dad (86) it's hard to tell who's the older. They both drag themselves up the ramp and collapse into chairs for an afternoon nap. LOL. Otherwise, Tammy can be quite active. A bit of a kid when she has energy but these days her energy doesn't last long.

Chrissy

RiversidePeace
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)

Postby RiversidePeace » Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:19 pm

Why am I thinking of Pomeranian's?

Maybe that's why, Pup. Are you part Pom? Is it your age? Or, just your energy levels?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Shann

Postby Shann » Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:50 pm

Hey guys I'm so sorry I haven't been on. I miss you and have thought of you a lot but really struggling lately. I'm having tons of panic attacks and not sleeping so my pain is bad. In fact my head hurts so bad right now I want to cry, but that will make it worse. My vision is really bad. I have to magnify the screen so much that I can't see the whole page without scrolling. I just got new glasses too, but things have gotten worse and it seems dark too. I need to go back, but my panic attacks are making it hard to leave the house.

Thank you for the text Becky, I did get it and thought I responded but my phone keeps shutting off so if I think I sent a text it didn't go through. I appreciate it though. Thank you all for the Happy Birthdays.

I have a Pom too Chrissy. He can be a bit yappy and is definitely my dog rarely more than a few feet from me.

My sister came and surprised me. We were suppose to meet for lunch but I had a panic attack so cancelled but she drove down and I managed to get in the car and we had a picnic in the park and walked our dogs. If I can take Phin (the Pom) with me, then I can leave the house without too much panic. I think it helps to concentrate on him. I've wondered if I could get him certified as a real therapy dog so I could take him places.

Amy is looking at cars and busy with editing so I know she has been stressed too. I've been doing a lot of editing for the testimony book. I have two left to do. Amy sent some of hers over to me because she was afraid she wouldn't finish on time. Hopefully things will get back to somewhat normal and I won't be MIa for so long again. You guys really mean a lot to me and I don't know what I'd do without you all! :love2
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

RiversidePeace
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)

Postby RiversidePeace » Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:24 pm

Shann wrote:I have a Pom too Chrissy. He can be a bit yappy and is definitely my dog rarely more than a few feet from me.

Yappy Tammy isn't. When we bought her from the dog pound she was 5 years old, beated and bruised from endless kicks every time she barked. She was partly shaved so the vet could treat infections from cigarette burns.

I had to teach Tammy to bark to go out and bark to come in. I even got down on my hands and knees to demonstrate. To this day, she rarely barks to go out unless she's desperate. She barks to come in and when we come home from being out but never when we go out or while we're out unless she hears kids or dogs nearby. Neighbours have always said they knew we had been out because she was barking happily. She'll bark if I'm home alone and someone is at the door. Her bark is not high pitched either which is one good thing.

The other thing she has always done is sleep in cupoards and under things like beds and chairs. We learned to close cupboard doors after opening them so we didn't shut her in. She sleeps under the foot of our bed or under a chair in the room, under a coffee table or recliner. The latter can be a bit dangerous if she is sound asleep when the recliner is lowered.

IWhat can I say? I love my Pom. :D :D She sticks closer than any pet I have ever had.

Chrissy

Shann

Postby Shann » Sat Sep 21, 2013 12:53 am

Oh what a horrible story. I don't understand people. When I was buying Phin the breeder said she won't whine tonight because I took him away from his mom and siblings when he was two weeks old. She said it with pride too!

Phone has a stuffed animal that is his security blanket. He wraps his paws around it and holds it tight then sucks on it. He looks like a baby sucking on a bottle. When I told the trainer she said he was taken away from mother too soon. I told her what breeder said and she told me I must have worked with him to overcome that. He showed some aggressive tendencies when I first got him. It could have turned into a huge disaster according to the trainer. He's really good now. Sometimes if Chris leans over me Chris thinks he growls. I'm not sure, but it's possible because I'm definitely his.

Though it could be worse. I had a Persian cat who I belonged to and sometimes I'd wake up covered in pee, especially after Chris and I expressed our love. One morning, I caught him in the act, and he went flying, white fur everywhere. I asked the kids if they heard me say any bad words and M told me I said every bad word she had ever heard. :oops: but he never peed on me again! TMI?
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

Rebecky

Postby Rebecky » Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:33 am

That's crazy about the cat.

But you know my mom's sheltie will bark and go around in circles when my mom and dad kiss or hug and sometimes he jumps in between them. I think he's even gone so far as to nip at my dad's hand if he reaches over and touches mom.
Dum Spiro Spero

RiversidePeace
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)

Postby RiversidePeace » Sat Sep 21, 2013 5:11 pm

Rebecky wrote:That's crazy about the cat.

But you know my mom's sheltie will bark and go around in circles when my mom and dad kiss or hug and sometimes he jumps in between them. I think he's even gone so far as to nip at my dad's hand if he reaches over and touches mom.

Tammy loves everyone. We''re all family but she sticks closest to me.

I do love my Pom.

Chrissy

PreviousNext

Return to The Water Cooler