To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Starting a Blog

General, open discussion regarding writing, getting published, markets, pointers, and other related topics. All are welcome! No advertising, please!

Moderators: mikeedwards, Sparrow, RedBaron, cori67, itsjoanne, beaedwards

GraceWords48
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Starting a Blog

Postby GraceWords48 » Sat Sep 14, 2013 2:00 pm

Hello Writers. I am looking for advice on starting a blog to generate interest in my topic. I need to start free or low cost, so my question is what is a good venue for creating my blog? Also I am looking for advice on content, structure, organization, and in general how to generate interest and interactions.

My topic is relationships within the Body of Christ. And the focus is on older singles and relationships between men and women in the Body of Christ as singles.

I have no credentials as far as a Counseling, Psychology, Ministry or Bible butI have been a Christian and in church all of my life and I know the bible well. I will be writing from my experience and the wide range of reading I have done on my own.

Thanks and God bless.

deejay
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Re: Starting a Blog

Postby deejay » Sat Sep 14, 2013 2:20 pm

Avoid MySpace; I had a blog on there for 3-4 years and they recently held everyone's stuff captive as they reorganized as a music/entertainment site. Still waiting for them to notify me that my blog is available for me to download onto a flash drive or elsewhere. There's Blogger, but I think there might be a blog site on here; check it out.

RoadkillsRUs
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Re: Starting a Blog

Postby RoadkillsRUs » Sun Dec 15, 2013 7:11 pm

Did you ever start your blog?

Return to Open Forum