To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

In need of some feedback for idea

FaithWriters want your input to help make FaithWriters even better. What do writers really want? If you know the answer, post here.

Moderators: mikeedwards, beaedwards

GodslostLamb
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

In need of some feedback for idea

Postby GodslostLamb » Sun Sep 01, 2013 2:56 pm

I have a story in mind, but I feel I really need some feedback if its 'right' or what not. Because God knows my brain can think something is good and holy when its not-so please take a moment to read my idea and give me your honest opinion. :thankssign

:book2

So the idea goes something like this:

You know all the 'fake' Gods (not to offend please don't take it as such)
like Thor, Loki, Zeus, ect....

Well they are all dragons in heaven that 'serve' Jesus. And the story will mostly revolve around Loki (because personally I think his story in mothology is really interesting and he is most misunderstood and most compare him to demons) but anyways, he is the main character and the reader will see a new side of his story of how he goes from lack of a better short example, 'bad' to 'good' and how Jesus has him grow for the better. As well as (in hopes) to explain how humans end up making up other God's that are not real and are blind-ect....

But as much as I like the idea and think it is good-idk, maybe I'm jumping the gun, seeing all good in it when in fact it could be wrong- (there will be a warning as to not offend other peoples beliefs) but still...

Feedback???
I'm God's lost Lamb-I'm always wondering away from the heard. But God has patience with me, because he's always leading me back knowing full well I'll just get lost again.
http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?id=61839

RedBaron

Re: In need of some feedback for idea

Postby RedBaron » Sun Sep 01, 2013 4:50 pm

First, just a note, this section is for Feedback FOR the FaithWriters' site. The Open Forum is better for asking questions like these. I'm not a Mod here, so I can't move it.

I think it's an interesting idea, but I think some may get offended at picturing dragons in heaven. However, if done right, it could be a powerful story.

Drawbacks: Some have already done stories where the gods are actually demons posing as gods to trick mankind, others that the gods are the children mentioned in Genesis 6:1-4, sometimes called Nephilim.

6 1 And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born unto them,
2 That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose.
3 And the Lord said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years.
4 There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.

Pro: We've seen Satan described as a dragon, and he's a fallen angel, and that he took some with him. It could be that they all have the ability to have that form. So it is a possible idea.

Con: We know that the angels cannot have salvation, or become "good", as that is a gift only given to mankind. They either stayed with God or left with Satan.

I would tread very lightly, as this has the potential to be a very controversial story. My own personal reading history, I used to read a lot of the mythologies. They have some very interesting stories, some very twisted and very non-Christian (obviously). I think blending them in a way that would not be offensive, and not go against scripture, will be a tough job.
<><
Shari
FW 500 Member

"...hunt like a spider..." Cori - FW Con '07

GodslostLamb
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Postby GodslostLamb » Sun Sep 01, 2013 5:18 pm

:sorry Oops. Guess its still painfully obvious I'm still new here. ^^;

Thank you so much for your feedback! <3 I will take your words to heart and tread lighty as I write and see what comes out of it and compare it to these words to get the answer I seek.

:thankssign
I'm God's lost Lamb-I'm always wondering away from the heard. But God has patience with me, because he's always leading me back knowing full well I'll just get lost again.
http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?id=61839

RedBaron

Postby RedBaron » Sun Sep 01, 2013 7:37 pm

GodslostLamb wrote::sorry Oops. Guess its still painfully obvious I'm still new here. ^^;

Thank you so much for your feedback! <3 I will take your words to heart and tread lighty as I write and see what comes out of it and compare it to these words to get the answer I seek.

:thankssign

It's ok :) That's why we're here :D

Also, another thought I had, instead of having him "become good", maybe the torn loyalties and making that choice.

As a SciFi/Fantasy fan, I have to say I'm intrigued by your idea, but as mentioned, it would have to be very carefully written.
<><
Shari
FW 500 Member

"...hunt like a spider..." Cori - FW Con '07

jaybird
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Postby jaybird » Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:48 pm

Maybe choose a different creature than a dragon. Are dragons over done?
I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. Philippians 4:13

"Why sweat the small stuff when it's really not a big stink" - my quote

http://www.journalhome.com/ThingsToShare/

Shann

Postby Shann » Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:41 am

I know I'm late to the picture, but I like the idea. I can't remember my mythology as well as my elementary school teachers would have liked, but I think it's creative. For me personally, having dragons in heaven wouldn't bother me. (Though I do tend to be an oddball) :thumbs The only thing I could see is that God is omniscient so he would know that they were fake serving him, so you would have to work around that.

Here is an idea and it would be hard to do, but would give you some good feedback. Have you thought of doing a short story about your MC for the challenge? This quarter the theme seems to be old adages like His bark is worse than his bite. There might be a fitting one for your MC and you could try it out.

I have a MC for a kids' book named Wrigley and I get a lot of ideas for chapters from the challenge prompts.

Another thought would be the Critique Circle. I hope you do keep exploring it. It sounds interesting and if done correctly could be a great book, :thumbs
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

Return to Feedback for FaithWriters