To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

A place for general chat (non-writing related). Please keep political discussions to the relevant neighborhood forum.

Moderators: RedBaron, cori67, Shann

Allison
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Re: Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

Postby Allison » Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:38 pm

Yay! I'm so happy for you! That's exciting.
Isaiah 40:30-31 (NIV)

jaybird
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Postby jaybird » Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:19 pm

Amazing, no posts! :shock:

You who, where are you guys? Pup, are you under the couch? Alison behind the drapes? Anyone in the attic? Shann hiding in the garden with Amy? Anyone?

Shann maybe my cousin could draw those pics for your children's book (not sure if you want to pay or what she would charge).
I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. Philippians 4:13

"Why sweat the small stuff when it's really not a big stink" - my quote

http://www.journalhome.com/ThingsToShare/

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:49 am

How did you find me, I was hid so well. :sofa

jaybird wrote:Yeah, tell me about your alien, Pup.

I like the catdog idea..or dogcat.

He wouldn't let me have his space hopper so I kicked him out. :wink:

As for the dog-cat, cat-dog thing. Keep it simple. Why mix breeds? Geneticly speaking it can't happen anyway. You can have dogs that have wings,l but that don't make it a bird-dog. Or a dog that spits out flame, but it don't make it a........ Hotdog.

:heehee

Actually any animal you can think of could be used as a person.. not just an animal. Even a rock can be made to be human, just look at the Fantastic Four. Aliens can be just as alien as you want them to be.(Like one foot tall green guys with wobbly head that fly around on hover cars while playing a game like, but not quite like, basketball..) BUT... if you want a good idea, watch Madagascar, those Lemars are way cool.

:rolling
....JesusPuppy (or just call me Pup) Image

And just for the record, I am a Male.

"I am a writer, I do NOT lie... I fictionalise." JP

"The Lord Bless thee, and keep thee.." Num. 6:24

JesusPuppy Profile

Cypress Times, online Christian news paper.

Shann

Postby Shann » Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:15 pm

Was I supposed to understand Pup? I've missed ya all. It's been crazy busy and just plain crazy around here but thought I'd pop in and say howdy!
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

RiversidePeace
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)

Postby RiversidePeace » Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:36 am

It's rather quiet around here.

Shann, how are you feeling?

Pup, I feel I have never left when I read you posts. :lol: I feel right at home.

Chrissy

Allison

Postby Allison » Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:51 pm

Shann and Amy, congrats on your testimonies making it into the book! :clap :superhappy :clap :clap :superhappy :superhappy :clap :superhappy :clap

Not that I'm surprised. Did anyone else from the Rest-Stop enter the contest?

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:51 am

Shann wrote:Was I supposed to understand Pup?

A better question would be... Have you ever understood me? :tongue

Now... Tell me what exactly was it you didn't understand, and I will do my best to explain it in detail. :wink:

Allison wrote:Shann and Amy, congrats on your testimonies making it into the book! :clap :superhappy :clap :clap :superhappy :superhappy :clap :superhappy :clap

Not that I'm surprised. Did anyone else from the Rest-Stop enter the contest?

Shann asked me several times but I did not feel up to writing it all out again. Some of the memories hurts too much, and one always leads to others that I just can't live through again, even in a memory. :(

And I am not surprised one bit that Shann-can and Little Bird were chosen, their testimonies shine out the blessing of God's hand at work in their lives. Both are an encouragement to me in ways I could never put in words.

:thumbs Congrats you two, you deserve it. :clap

Chrissy wrote:Pup, I feel I have never left when I read you posts. I feel right at home.

Well you haven't been gone THAT long, besides you get tid-bit giggles through E-mail now and then. But you should feel at home. This is family...... :roll:

:tongue

JesusPuppy Profile

Rebecky

Postby Rebecky » Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:37 am

Well, I figured I better take some time to update. I've already texted Shann about all this pretty much.

My Aunt came out from the Pacific coast for about 2 weeks, she went home this time last week. My grandmother has been home for about a week and a half. I am now going over to their house Mon-Fri for 2 or 3 hours unless I'm working at the daycare.

My other Aunt went down to visit my great-aunt (my grandpa's sister) and to try to put her into a nursing home. Neighbors have said that her Alzheimer's is so bad she can't live alone anymore. One of the last things her doctor said was to get a brain scan done so my Aunt took her to do that. Brain scans showed that her brain is completely normal. They did blood tests and it showed that she has a B12 deficiency which can mimic dementia/alzheimer's. So it appears that she does not have Alzheimer's disease but a deficiency that can be fix with B12 shots and maybe correcting her diet. (she eats no meat)

Then my OTHER Aunt's (I have lots) brother-in-law was in a plane crash. It was just a private 4 seat plane that he owns and he's the pilot of. He broke his back and had to have surgery on that and brain surgery and reconstructive surgery (he was unrecognizable). He had a female passenger who also had to have reconstructive surgery. Not sure about the third passenger.

Anyway, I think that's all...
Dum Spiro Spero

RiversidePeace
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)

Postby RiversidePeace » Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:45 pm

Thank you Pup. Good reminder.

:)

jaybird
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Postby jaybird » Sat Sep 07, 2013 1:46 pm

Congrats Amy & Shann about your testimony. I forgot to enter (or maybe I wasn't qualified).

Becky, nice to see you back in the forum. I'm glad your aunt doesn't have alzheimer's.

Pup, I knew you always liked to hide under the couch.

I worked on my sci-fi novel and we discussed buying (processing fee) my book rights back from the publisher for my 2nd sci-fi novel, which hasn't sold any for 1 year (well several years). The company seemed to promise to do this and that - and I thought they said they would edit it, which they didn't. Maybe I'll rewrite it and the first one and find a publisher.
I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. Philippians 4:13

"Why sweat the small stuff when it's really not a big stink" - my quote

http://www.journalhome.com/ThingsToShare/

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:43 am

You know.. Kiddo.. there could be something to that diet thing. I know a few vegetarians, and they all act that way. Demented. :lol:

I guess there is something good about being a carnivore after all. :mrgreen:

JesusPuppy Profile

Shann

Postby Shann » Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:59 pm

Thanks for the congrats Allison and right back at ya! I'm super excited about this project. I'm also doing some of the editing (as is Amy) It's been a bit overwhelming for me because the publishing company I do freelance work for had asked me to do a few other major project. I did end up turning them down and have finished a couple of the editing for the testimony book, but I've been a tad crazy lately with the kids accidents, Lyd traveling abroad, house sitting, editing, and my health. Then this am woke up with wicked back pain and can hardly move.

Becky, I'm glad you popped back in. I knew a lot was going on with you, but not if you wanted me to share, though I don't know if I'd have had the time anyhoo...

Pup who knows how you confused me, I'm onto a whole new state of confusion now :mrgreen:
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

Allison

Postby Allison » Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:28 pm

Shann wrote:Thanks for the congrats Allison and right back at ya! I'm super excited about this project. I'm also doing some of the editing (as is Amy) It's been a bit overwhelming for me because the publishing company I do freelance work for had asked me to do a few other major project. I did end up turning them down and have finished a couple of the editing for the testimony book, but I've been a tad crazy lately with the kids accidents, Lyd traveling abroad, house sitting, editing, and my health. Then this am woke up with wicked back pain and can hardly move.

Becky, I'm glad you popped back in. I knew a lot was going on with you, but not if you wanted me to share, though I don't know if I'd have had the time anyhoo...

Pup who knows how you confused me, I'm onto a whole new state of confusion now :mrgreen:

:) Thanks! I told Amy that with you and her editing, I feel like they are making me choose between friends!

Shann

Postby Shann » Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:52 pm

You can always pick the third editor! She is great and seems really sweet too. I've had some people tell me they went with her because she is familiar with my editing advice (and I learned quite a bit from Amy) Plus, I know Amy and I have about ten pieces each so far and with our health problems (and I can almost guarantee I speak for Amy too) I don't think either one of us will have hurt feelings. I had helped proof some copies for friends before they entered and encouraged them to go with another person just to double check the work. My brain sometimes sees it quite differently than it is written so it's good to have a new set of eyes on it. :D
Shann

Shann's Profile

RiversidePeace
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)

Postby RiversidePeace » Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:49 am

Seema! Hi there. Wow it's good to know you're still here too.

PreviousNext

Return to The Water Cooler