To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Southern Porch Extension

A place for general chat (non-writing related). Please keep political discussions to the relevant neighborhood forum.

Moderators: RedBaron, cori67, Shann

Green Leaves
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Re: Southern Porch Extension

Postby Green Leaves » Thu Aug 29, 2013 5:23 pm

Wouldn't you know, I write something for the Challenge this week and then forget to enter it!
http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?id=45576

"God has not called me to be successful, God has called me to be faithful." Mother Teresa

"...not to advance in the spiritual life is to go back. But those who have the gale of the Holy Spirit go forward even in sleep.". Brother Lawrence

BeachGrandma

Postby BeachGrandma » Thu Aug 29, 2013 5:24 pm

Well, praise the Lord, praise the Lord, praise the Lord !!!

My doctor's nurse called to say that the echocardiogram I had yesterday showed everything was normal except for a small bit of calcification on one of the valves. She said it requires no further testing at this time but will just keep an eye on it. She said she'd see me at my next appointment in November!

God is so good. Thank you, Lord Jesus, for answering prayer. I love you so much, Father. Amen.
"Then sings my soul, my Savior God, to Thee,
'How great Thou art, how great Thou art..."

Mariane Holbrook

BeachGrandma

Postby BeachGrandma » Thu Aug 29, 2013 5:25 pm

We must have been posting at the same time, Carol. haha.

Mariane Holbrook

RiversidePeace
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)

Postby RiversidePeace » Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:34 pm

I'm ecstatic!

I have managed to finalise publishing Mum's book & I have (somehow after almost going coo coo) published Out of the Shadows - Jenna's Secret as an ebook. :superhappy :superhappy

Ohh... so sorry I haven't responded to the latest posts but I have read and caught up.

Love you all.

Chrissy

Allison

Postby Allison » Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:35 pm

Yay!! That's so exciting!
Isaiah 40:30-31 (NIV)

BeachGrandma

Postby BeachGrandma » Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:47 pm

That's wonderful, Chrissy. I know you're excited. Tell us about your mom's book.

Mariane Holbrook

RiversidePeace
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)

Postby RiversidePeace » Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:24 am

My mum wrote just over 100 while we kids were growing up. Unfortunately, once Dementia (sp) took hold she was unable to continue. Before she past away in 2011, I managed to have 6 of her poems/devotions edited by FW Ann (UK) and published these 6 in my Glimpses of his Glory book. (Mum wrote in old English like the KJV that's why I had Ann edit them)

My Dad was been wanting the rest of her poems to be published so my siblings and I got together and made a plan. My eldest brother typed her poems from her handwriting books and emailed them to me as he completed them. Six poems were unreadable because of fading/aging but we managed to rewrite most in the original form of her books. My other brother, between me and the eldest brother, went through family photos and found a few that we could use throughout the book. Both my brothers, my sister and myself wrote a poem, article or letter that discribed our mum, or what our mum's poems meant to each of us. We also included a beautiful poem written by Mum's long time pastor that he wrote for her funeral.

I designed a cover (very simple like Mum would have wanted) and put the book together. Dad, now 2 years after Mum's death has been thrilled to be my proofreader and gave the nod for the book title: Poem's from the Heart of Our Mum.

As soon as I have the link, I will post it here on the porch.

Chrissy

BeachGrandma

Postby BeachGrandma » Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:08 am

I think that's great that you and your siblings put the book of poems together for her, for your dad and all your family. I'd like to think your mom is looking down from heaven, pleased with the final draft and probably sharing her book with her family and friends in heaven. What a comfort that must be to her!

Thanks, Chrissy.

Mariane Holbrook

Edy

Postby Edy » Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:59 pm

Oh, Chrissy, that's wonderful! You inspire me, as I have over 30 years worth of my grandfather's diaries, his scrapbooks (full of God, family, and country clippings) and most if not all of my grandparents' photo albums that I'd love to tackle. But, I think I'd have to run away from home for six months to a year to get away from distractions.
"Jesus Never Fails!" Love, Edy
The Gospel is such Good News even Christians don't believe it!
The Power of Story
We are the third temple! Acts 7:48, 1 Peter 2:4-5
Essentially Lutheran
My StoriesMy Blog:The Prairie Nightingale

BeachGrandma

Postby BeachGrandma » Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:28 pm

But what a legacy you'd be able to pass down, Edy. I have hundreds of photos that I need to write the names on the back but I keep putting it off. In year to come and no one is around to identify them, they'll likely all be discarded. :-(

Mariane Holbrook

RiversidePeace
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)

Postby RiversidePeace » Sun Sep 01, 2013 2:10 am

BeachGrandma wrote:But what a legacy you'd be able to pass down, Edy. I have hundreds of photos that I need to write the names on the back but I keep putting it off. In year to come and no one is around to identify them, they'll likely all be discarded. :-(

My brother, the next sibling up from me, is working through identifying both parents photos, their parents and their parents parents as far back as history and identificaation will let him. Some photos we are at a total loss but one thing intrigues me, why does a family of my mother's ancestors come up in my daughter's husband's ancestors photos? I know Coleman is a common name but photos are begining to match.

It's an interesting past time if one has the time.

Chrissy

Edy

Postby Edy » Sun Sep 01, 2013 5:52 pm

Oooh, Chrissy! :shocked That sounds like the beginning to a mystery story! Discovery of those families' mutual photos would sure grip me as a reader!

My cousin Lynn is on a similar search, trying to unearth the story about her grandfather's (my dad's older brother) first wife, Honor, who died when pregnant with their first child. Since both Lynn and I have been OB nurses, the pregnancy angle made the story more compelling. She has searched old records, and found Honor's unmarked grave. Lynn said it touched her to think that if Honor had lived, Lynn wouldn't exist (since she is daughter of the eldest son of my uncle's second wife), so she proceeded to order a long overdue headstone for the grave. We're working on my suggestion, that Lynn's search in the present would make an intriguing story, while we could write every other chapter from the past, as fiction based on the facts we collect.

An introduction to someone with a hauntingly familiar name (in the first chapter of the fiction side) becomes the launching pad for the search (in Lynn's narrative). I think I need to run away from home for about six months to catch up on all the writing projects I want to do, without any other distractions!
"Jesus Never Fails!" Love, Edy
The Gospel is such Good News even Christians don't believe it!
The Power of Story
We are the third temple! Acts 7:48, 1 Peter 2:4-5
Essentially Lutheran
My StoriesMy Blog:The Prairie Nightingale

RiversidePeace
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)

Postby RiversidePeace » Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:28 am

Mysteries is what I want to start publishing. I've had this book started for a while and proceeding okay but it could be moving along faster. It was suggested to me that I take a trip to Afghanistan to get a feel of the landscape. Ha! I doubt my interest goes that far. However, I was able to interview an army officer that has been there twice and helped me out with some details to complete two to three chapters based in the sand.

Verna,
Your 'Don't Frighten the Pansies' book arrived to day and it's sitting on my bedside table to begin after a Karen Kingsbury book I'm almost finished.

Well, it's late here and I'm ready to fall asleep.

God bless you all and have a good day.

Chrissy

ready2go

Postby ready2go » Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:49 pm

I know now why the porch conversation is almost non-existant. Everyone is waiting for their forum page to load so they can post something. The loading is slower than molasses in January. Something is bogging down the system.

I'm sure many just give up and move on as I do. I've been trying to get on here for two days.

My guess is that the main FW computer system is in serious need of some major up-grades.

While I have my foot in the door...
Is anyone in the market for a nice boat? Sadly, I'm going to sell mine in the spring. The fall is the worst time to sell a boat in Minnesota.

Don
John 14:6
Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me."

"My Journey To Jesus"
http://faithwriters.com/article-details.php?id=41225

http://faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?id=18654

"The Israel Connection"
http://theisraelconnection.blogspot.com/

"I have a story to tell...the saving gospel to share...and the fire of the Holy Spirit burning deep within my soul."

RiversidePeace
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)

Postby RiversidePeace » Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:06 pm

Oh... I was in in an instant.

Maybe there's a gremlin.

PreviousNext

Return to The Water Cooler