To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

A place for general chat (non-writing related). Please keep political discussions to the relevant neighborhood forum.

Moderators: cori67, RedBaron, Shann

jaybird
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Re: Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

Postby jaybird » Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:56 pm

Hi Shann, Becky, Pup and Alison - and I not acquainted with Rachel. How long has it been? It's been forever. My thyroid surgery (in June) went smoothly and a report that the cancer hadn't spread. I don't require any thyroid replacement. Then I was without my computer for a month.

Cubs fan :lol: But would love to see Wrigley.

I started my 3rd sci-fi novel (I started it years ago) and I'm making a map for it, using AutoRealm software.
I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. Philippians 4:13

"Why sweat the small stuff when it's really not a big stink" - my quote

http://www.journalhome.com/ThingsToShare/

Shann

Postby Shann » Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:18 pm

Seriously Jay??? I bug you to pop in and you pick on the fact that I'm a Cubs fan??? I take it you want to see Wrigley Fields, not my character Wrigley. I had the pleasure to take Q and his friend to two games when he was 9 or so. The first one was a rain out. The coolest thing was when a fan jumped on the field and used the ground covering as a slip and slide. It is an awesome ballpark though!

Oh and I am home from the hospital! Happy Dance!! (My head still hurts so the happy dance was just in my mind)

Sending you hugs and prayers dear Pup. It does seem unfair at times this life we live. I hope your shoulder is better and your temper has cooled down some. :mrgreen:

Keeping your grandma and you in my prayers too Becky. I know you'll be able to handle it, and bet it will be a blessing at least to your grandfather and probably to you too. Hugs

So last night I was so excited to see meteor shower, but it was cloudy. I'm hoping tonight I just might be able to catch a falling star and put it in my pocket--save it for a rainy day (anyone else know that song?)
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

Allison
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Postby Allison » Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:21 pm

Glad you're home, Shann!! And I hope your headache goes away.

And I'm glad you're back, Jay!

Sorry about the situation at work, Pup. :(

Sorry about the headaches, Becky. Hope they get better!

Well, today marks six months since my hip replacement surgery.... Certainly not something I was expecting to have to do before I turned 30. I've been doing really well. Pretty much NO pain except for the occasional twinge, and I'm walking better than I have in over 2 years. I know there were a lot of thoughts and prayers on my behalf from all of you, and I felt them, for sure! Even the therapists, nurses, doctor, and doctors assistants were amazed at my recovery.

It’s hard for me to believe that it’s been six months. Oddly enough it seems both a short and long time ago. Short because I find it hard to believe I’m doing so well in just six months, and long because when I look at all I’ve done since then (recovery, turning 30, my writing conference, the children’s musical, etc.) I can’t believe I’ve done all of that in only six months…. Seems like longer.

One last thing, on a related note. I'd love for you to "pass on" your prayers for my friend Beth and her recovery from her hip surgery. I mentioned her in my last post as her kids were the ones who sang at the Cardinals game. This is her second hip replacement in 10 years. She still can't even put weight on the leg, she'll have to do it all again for the other hip in a few months. :(
Isaiah 40:30-31 (NIV)

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:57 am

Copied from bottom of forum page... "Users browsing this forum: Google Adsense [Bot] and 3 guests"

So.. Google bots get to have an account with FW, and Dub looses his. Interesting.. very interesting. :roll:

Anger has cooled, and the pain is.. managable. I have found if I don't use my arm it doesn't hurt as bad, we will see how that goes tomorrow... after throwing freight. :roll: I already know it is harder to type this way.

Jay.. glad to see you back amoung the zany. I mean back with us great and loveable folks here.
....JesusPuppy (or just call me Pup) Image

And just for the record, I am a Male.

"I am a writer, I do NOT lie... I fictionalise." JP

"The Lord Bless thee, and keep thee.." Num. 6:24

JesusPuppy Profile

Cypress Times, online Christian news paper.

RachelM

Postby RachelM » Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:42 pm

Hi all!

Rebecky, how is it going with your grandfather? Are your headaches getting any better? I'm sorry to hear about your grandmother's aunt passing.

Shann, I'm so glad you're home and praising God that your daughter walked away from that accident. Has the shingles outbreak totally cleared up? I loved your entry. The title is perfect and the message is simple but profound.

Jay, nice to meet you. I joined FW a few months ago and was invited over to the PC rest stop. I've really enjoyed getting to know people that have the same faith and a similar vision. I'm a homeschooling mom of six kids and I'm working on my first book, a children's novel.

Pup, sorry about that infuriating situation. I'm praying for quick recovery. My husband delivers for Loomis and it's crazy how heavy some of the stuff is. It's a real problem when he has back or shoulder problems too, since it's such a physical job.

Allison, I'm glad to hear that you're recovering well from that hip replacement. It's funny how time can seem like it's dragging in some respects and whizzing past in others.
My FaithWriters profile: RachelM FW member profile

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:35 am

Ow.. Pain.

And no, Kiddo I am not saying that I am A pain, but that I am IN pain. It is bad, I have two days off and can't go anywhere because I am hurting too much. Oh well at least it is cloudy and looks like it could rain anyway, that takes some of the sting out of the whole thing. :roll:

JesusPuppy Profile

Shann

Postby Shann » Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:54 pm

Is it even worth the effort to tell you to go see a doctor???? No I know it's not. How about ice it, take Motrin or Aleve, rest it, and then you can also put heat on it or soak in the tub if that sounds better than the ice. I can't remember how many days it has been but unless it's swollen heat should be okay. I worry that it might be a torn rotator cuff.

Oh and you can be a pain--like when you refuse to go to the doctor!! :tongue
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

Shann

Postby Shann » Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:01 pm

Oh and Rachel thank you for the kind comments about my story. I was nervous about submitting it since it's based on real life, though it is fictionalized. It's likely that the person will never read it, but I will say this is the first time I've won an EC and have been glad the books are so far behind schedule. It'll be years until it is published. And the truth of the matter is the antagonist never recognize themselves in stories anyhow.

And yes the outbreaks have cleared up and the severe headache and my worry about it being herpetic encephalitis again has subsided. Thanks for the prayers!

I spoke to one of the nurses in the hospital whose daughter is a L&D nurse in Long Island and mentioned that I wish I could go back to be a doula and she had never heard of the word. Though when I described it, she said it might be a cool thing to have while in labor and through a pregnancy, but would health insurance cover it? In this area, it would never work if people had to pay on their own. We live in the poorest section of NYS and a small rural town to boot, but I can still dream.
Shann

Shann's Profile

RachelM

Postby RachelM » Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:45 pm

Yay, Shann!!! I'm so glad your entry won an EC award. I really wanted it to. I think that the reason it rings so true is because it is based on reality and you could feel the MC's pain. Let me know when it goes to print. I want to buy a copy. I'm so glad you're feeling better! Were you in the hospital for two weeks?

I'm not very familiar with the American medical system, but I don't think that doulas are normally covered by insurance, it sounds like they are occasionally though. The woman who trained me as a doula said that doulas are going to be covered by medical here in B.C. and that it is just a matter of time. They (DONA- Doulas of North America) are providing a strong case that providing doulas for every woman who wants one will save millions, because doulas have been proven to drastically reduce interventions such as C-sections and the use of pain medication and even shorten labour by hours. (You would know this of course, but women labour more quickly and effectively when they feel safe.) We'll see, but I hope that is in our future.

Shann

Postby Shann » Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:06 am

Yeah I'm almost positive that they aren't covered by insurance and just because it makes sense and would save money that tells me that it probably won't be covered by insurance anytime soon. This whole Obama care nonsense has made things worse in my humble opinion. Even though I needed the IV medication enough that they were willing to go fishing in my feet for access shows that I needed to be in the hospital. The complications of having a blood clot are much greater for IVs in feet. They also went in my armpits, fingers, inside of wrist and even in the palm of my hand before. I was in for 11 days this time. It's getting better though. I used to be admitted as often as every 6 weeks to 3 months and now I've gone 14 months and 7 months in between. I'm also back on my feet faster too. Normally it would take me a week or two to do much of anything once I get home, but I've been washing dishes, vacuuming, making dinner, editing and going for walks already!
Shann

Shann's Profile

RiversidePeace
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)

Postby RiversidePeace » Fri Aug 16, 2013 3:18 am

Sorry to read a few of you in need but good to know Shann is home.

Can I bother you all for some prayer as well?

We have had high winds going on for days and my sinuses have packed it in. My head hurts, nose runs but the sinusws are really bad this time. I llook like I've had a few rounds in a boxing ring.

Writing is on the backburner for a few days while I try to get some relief.

Thanks for praying.

RachelM

Postby RachelM » Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:57 am

That sounds so miserable! I'm praying for quick relief and rest for you.

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:11 pm

Shann wrote:Is it even worth the effort to tell you to go see a doctor????

As you already answered that, I will just quote you instead of answering.

Shann wrote:No

:mrgreen:

Glad you're home by the way. :tongue

Praying for you, Chrissy. Isn't it suppose to be winter time down there? You know if you were living up here instead of upside down in Australia.... :wink:

JesusPuppy Profile

RiversidePeace
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)

Postby RiversidePeace » Sat Aug 17, 2013 2:04 am

JesusPuppy wrote:
Praying for you, Chrissy. Isn't it suppose to be winter time down there? You know if you were living up here instead of upside down in Australia.... :wink:

It is winter down here. Actually, it'a approaching Spring but we only had a mild winter with the exception of a few bitter cold days/nights. August is our windy month but this year it's just is horrible.

I'm feeling no better and now using my ventalin spray.

RiversidePeace...

violin4jesus

Postby violin4jesus » Sat Aug 17, 2013 3:31 am

I know I've been AWOL for awhile. Just busy. I'm too tired to even recap. :(

Love you all and sorry I've missed so much conversation. I just caught up on all the posts.

Working the weekend and then going to Seattle for a week. Maybe someday I'll not be too tired to write. :roll:

Hope y'all are well.

PreviousNext

Return to The Water Cooler