To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

A place for general chat (non-writing related). Please keep political discussions to the relevant neighborhood forum.

Moderators: cori67, RedBaron, Shann

Rebecky
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Re: Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

Postby Rebecky » Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:45 am

Shann, what's funny is that bridge was recently dubbed the scariest bridge in the US.

http://www.insideedition.com/headlines/6448-the-scariest-bridge-in-america

Anyway, no you wouldn't have to go over that bridge, to come where I live from the north you'd come through Pennsylvania, maybe even Delaware then to the Eastern Shore of MD. But chances are you would have to go over a bridge somewhere since the Eastern Shore is a Peninsula.
Dum Spiro Spero

Shann

Postby Shann » Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:53 am

You tell me a bridge near you is dubbed the scariest bridge?? I think I'll stay in the middle of nowhere where the bridges are only kind of scary.(⊙o⊙)
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

Rebecky

Postby Rebecky » Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:06 am

Yes, the bridge is about 30 to 35 miles away from me.

Just recently an accident occurred on the bridge where a tractor trailer hit two cars and one car hit the wall then was hit a second time by the tractor trailer and went over board into the water and fell over 20 feet. The driver of the car managed to swim to safety and lived. She didn't even have a single broken bone.

A few years ago a tractor trailer went over the bridge and the driver died.

Several years before that an accident happened where something came lose and hit the car behind it, killing the driver and his son. The driver and the son lived here where I live and was also volunteer fire fighters here. I went to elementary school with the son- he was my age. The story hit the major news channels in Maryland and everyone heard about it. Here's a tribute video for them on youtube- this was when they had their funeral. (fyi- in the aerial footage you can actually see my house/yard)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysT5Q8enhA4
Dum Spiro Spero

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:33 am

Congratulations for Allison oil n placing in the top 26

Does that mean she slid passed..? :heehee

Took me a day to go shopping, got some new jeans for work, and a new head light. Yes, a light that attaches to my head. I gave my other one away to a friend's kid and I really need it incase power goes out while at work. Strange thing with our company, they expect us to get our job done, even if the is now lights. :roll:
....JesusPuppy (or just call me Pup) Image

And just for the record, I am a Male.

"I am a writer, I do NOT lie... I fictionalise." JP

"The Lord Bless thee, and keep thee.." Num. 6:24

JesusPuppy Profile

Cypress Times, online Christian news paper.

Rebecky

Postby Rebecky » Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:40 am

JesusPuppy wrote:they expect us to get our job done, even if the is now lights. :roll:

You deserve this for pointing out Shann's typo...

:tongue
Dum Spiro Spero

Allison

Postby Allison » Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:07 pm

I'm glad you're getting better, Shann! And thanks! I totally was NOT expecting that.

Wednesday night, I went to the St. Louis Cardinals game, and while the game itself was horrible (we lost 13-4 and the Dodgers got 6 runs in one inning...) I had the amazing opportunity to hear my friends sing the National Anthem before the game. They were AMAZING, and I promise I am NOT just saying that because I know them. I have a link to the video... I just put the audio to pictures I've taken of flags on "Art Hill" in St. Louis to commemorate the 10th anniversary of 9/11 and the Veterans Memorial in St. Peters, MO (my home town) because the video is me not aiming well nor holding it still ,so it's random crowd shots, concrete, and a few seconds of part of the video board... Didn't think anyone really wanted to see that, plus it's liable to make you sea sick. :) Oh, and I feel I should warn you that pretty much the only thing you can hear at the beginning and end is me (and the rest of my section... but mostly me :) ) cheering/screaming. :D

The group singing is a group of five siblings, all of who have grown up in my church, and I've gotten to know them and their family very well. Their mom had hip replacement about a month ago. It was going to be "double" but they couldn't do what they thought they were going to be able to do, and instead of just removing the "liner" of the cups (because there WASN'T any liner like they thought) they had to remove the whole cup and the bone around the cup. SO now she can't even put any weight on that leg. I feel so bad for her, because now she'll have to go through all of the AGAIN in a few months. *sigh*

Anyway, here is the link to the video, if you'd like to watch it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SuRgHUaE ... e=youtu.be
Isaiah 40:30-31 (NIV)

RachelM

Postby RachelM » Sat Aug 10, 2013 11:03 am

Thanks Shann! Level 3, here I come. 8) I half finished my entry for expire, but I chickened out because everything I do seems to be so personal. I wish I hadn't though. This weekly challenge is just so much fun. Thursdays will never be the same. :D

Shann, how did everything work out with the health insurance? Keeping you in prayer and I hope you will be fully recovered soon.

Allison, what your friend is going through with her hips sounds sooo painful! My step dad is in a similar position. He was going to have both hips replaced, but they decided on just one (done in June) and now they are waiting for a date to do the other one. My mom and step dad aren't able to come up this year because of his hip condition. :(
My FaithWriters profile: RachelM FW member profile

Rebecky

Postby Rebecky » Sat Aug 10, 2013 1:36 pm

My grandmother's aunt died. I think she was about 102. My grandmother is leaving Monday to go back home to Canada for a memorial service but my grandfather is in no condition for a trip so I have to stay with him during the day for the next week or so while my grandmother is gone.
Dum Spiro Spero

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:43 pm

Rebecky wrote:
JesusPuppy wrote:they expect us to get our job done, even if the is now lights. :roll:

You deserve this for pointing out Shann's typo...

:tongue
Well.. it passed spell check. :P

JesusPuppy Profile

Shann

Postby Shann » Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:43 pm

It passed spell check cuz I was on my tablet and it auto corrects and can be so frustrating. Once I was leaving a comment on a story and it changed a word to Piggy so it looked like I was calling the person names. I save that for only closest friends. :mrgreen:

I'm still in hospital Hopefully will go home tomorrow. The insurance was allowed cleared up.

Lyd was side swiped by a semi yesterday. Thank God she walked away without a scratch. It very easily good be much worse.

Today is Q's. 23 bday. Where does the time go?

Sorry about your aunt Becky but glad you can stay with your grandfather. Thanks for putting Pup in his place!

Allison the game sounds cool. I'm a Cubs fan so I know what it's like to see your team lose. How cool for your friends to sing at a MLB game!

Rachel don't not enter just because the story is personal. Sometimes they may only touch a few but sometime they touch a lot more than you could imagine! I even entered this week. It room forever to write it because the laptop Chris brought down is old and slow. The story has a few typos but even though it is fiction, it's based on true yet sad story of my life called the Least I can Do.

Hopefully will sleep tonight, not puke like last night and headache will go away and can go home tomorrow
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

Allison

Postby Allison » Sat Aug 10, 2013 11:15 pm

Shann wrote:Allison the game sounds cool. I'm a Cubs fan so I know what it's like to see your team lose. How cool for your friends to sing at a MLB game!

Well, I'll try not to let that change my opinion of you... :D You should be loving the last two games, then... *grumble grumble grumble* I want the REAL St. Louis Cardinals back. Not this team who looses four games in a row and only one of the last 10!
Isaiah 40:30-31 (NIV)

Shann

Postby Shann » Sun Aug 11, 2013 12:10 am

To be honest I haven't watched baseball in a while but if you like baseball, then my MCs names might sound familiar Wrigley Grace Fieldings. (From longtime Cubs first baseman. Mark Grace her brother, Camden (from 7th Heaven. And Baltimore's Camden Yard) and her best fried Shay (who is a tribute to the NY Mets old park Shae Stadium )
Shann

Shann's Profile

Rebecky

Postby Rebecky » Sun Aug 11, 2013 9:41 am

Thanks Shann.

I don't know why but i'm really nervous for this coming week. Even when my grandmother told me she was leaving for a week to ten days and she needed me to help with Grandpa (She originally wanted me to just go over a couple times of day to make sure he was eating and make him dinner but I offered to stay with him all day and we're sure he'll be okay at night alone, plus he has an emergency bracelet/necklace that calls 9-1-1 in case of emergency and we only live a block away).

I don't know but anyway, when she told me all this I started to shake and cry. I guess from nerves I don't know, maybe partly cause I felt so bad for my grandmother seeing as she was close to her Aunt. Oh and I was wrong her Aunt died 2 weeks short of her 104th birthday.

I've been to Camden Yards at least three times. Once when I was younger it was a field trip for summer school and we got to go on the field and in the dugouts. Two other times were games and the first time I was around 4 or 5 and I remember my dad had me on his shoulders. It started to pour down rain and we were trying to get through the doorway thingy to get back to our seats but some guy started pushing and I think my dad ended up yelling at the guy and it turned into a fight. I don't remember if it was a physical fight or not.

Then I went again when I was 18 and I was walking with my sister-in-law who was 5 mos. pregnant at the time. Well some guy had taken to big balloons and put them up to himself and asked me if I wanted to... well you know, something not worth repeating and is pretty much borderline sexual harassment. Needless to say my brother got up in the guys face and "roughed" him up, he didn't put his hands on him other than to knock the cigarette out of the guys mouth. The guy was actually very apologetic and of course used the cliche "I didn't know she was your sister". His girlfriend was the one that was very nasty and got physical. Eventually a security guard came over and everyone just walked away like "oh yeah nothings going on here..."

My mom said the men in my family don't do good at baseball games. :P
Dum Spiro Spero

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:05 am

On quick, wante to ask for prayer. I couldn't come on yesterday to ask as Angry as I was. The guy I work with.. :roll: is taking his second vacation time this next week, and as a last minute change to the schedual they gave him yesterday as well, which was a normal frieght night. I had to do the load alone, which normally wouldn't have bothered me, but as it was the ending of an ad week, there was all the sale product plus the regular load. Pain in my shoulder are already flairing bad, not to mention my back, and then have that dropped on me. By the end of the day I was so angry I couldn't feel the pain, now... I feel it double.

Headed for a hot shower and then bed. :(

JesusPuppy Profile

Rebecky

Postby Rebecky » Mon Aug 12, 2013 6:34 pm

My grandmother left today. I didn't think she'd get her passport renewed and get on the plane fast enough, I was almost convinced something would go wrong. But I haven't heard a thing so I'm assuming all went well and she's on the plane as we speak.

I'm still getting the nasty headaches but my mom got me headache medicine so hopefully that helps.

I'm exhausted.
Dum Spiro Spero

PreviousNext

Return to The Water Cooler