To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

A place for general chat (non-writing related). Please keep political discussions to the relevant neighborhood forum.

Moderators: cori67, RedBaron, Shann

Rebecky
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Re: Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

Postby Rebecky » Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:15 am

Apparently I'm the only one that doesn't know RiversidePeace... Boohoo. I feel so left out. :P

Hi puppy. I know you care about me Oooo so much. Right back atchya.

I got Shann's text about her being in the hospital too.

I hope you get to feel better too Amy. I hope you didn't get that nasty stomach bug that people are getting from the tainted bagged lettuces. Of course I don't know if anyone in Maryland has gotten it yet. But there is a bug going around with the kids too. Its like vomiting first then a couple days later diarrhea and they get a fever.

I guess that's all. Does anyone have Holly's cell number she gave us a while back? Someone needs to drag her back in.

Lately, I've been getting a bad headache around 1pm or so and then it just get progressively worse through the afternoon and evening hours but by the time I wake up in the morning it's gone. Then it starts over again.
Dum Spiro Spero

RiversidePeace
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)

Postby RiversidePeace » Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:42 am

Rebecky wrote:Apparently I'm the only one that doesn't know RiversidePeace... Boohoo. I feel so left out. :P

Hi Rebecky, I was here for a long time as 'Chrissy'. Well, I'm still Chrissy but life changes and I needed a complete break from many things. Not from my friends but from, well, a lot of 'things'. FW was one of the hardest things to let go of but I felt suffocated by too many things going on in my life, my family, moving house again and again, church life and study.

If it wasn't for my Lord Jesus, and many dear friends here, I don't know how I would have got through a major back problem then surgery back then. I met many FW in person when I took 5 weeks to visit America as part of my recovery.

Don't feel left out. If you're part of FW now, then I will include you in my FW family as well. :)

RiversidePeace

Rebecky

Postby Rebecky » Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:17 am

RiversidePeace wrote:
Rebecky wrote:Apparently I'm the only one that doesn't know RiversidePeace... Boohoo. I feel so left out. :P

Hi Rebecky, I was here for a long time as 'Chrissy'. Well, I'm still Chrissy but life changes and I needed a complete break from many things. Not from my friends but from, well, a lot of 'things'. FW was one of the hardest things to let go of but I felt suffocated by too many things going on in my life, my family, moving house again and again, church life and study.

If it wasn't for my Lord Jesus, and many dear friends here, I don't know how I would have got through a major back problem then surgery back then. I met many FW in person when I took 5 weeks to visit America as part of my recovery.

Don't feel left out. If you're part of FW now, then I will include you in my FW family as well. :)

RiversidePeace

Woohoo! :)

Well, I joined Faithwriters back in 2006 or even earlier, I was probably about 18 or younger. I'm not sure who long I was around but I became good friends with Amy and Pup and a few others. Then I disappeared for a while and just came back last year. I actually don't remember what my first name on the boards was but I do know one of them was Monotony and then one of them was probably also BoredBecky or something.
Dum Spiro Spero

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:33 am

Didn't you start as BeckyDepp, then Boredbecky, Monotony, and then Kiddo. You had disappeared for a while when Amy took her trip to Australia to help Chrissy out for a while. you were both on and off back then, one of those.. "You're here when she was gone" thingys.

Anywho, it is a sunny day so I am off for a bike ride.

Praying for all the sickos... I mean sicklys. Well, the sickos too, we need lots of prayer. :wink:
....JesusPuppy (or just call me Pup) Image

And just for the record, I am a Male.

"I am a writer, I do NOT lie... I fictionalise." JP

"The Lord Bless thee, and keep thee.." Num. 6:24

JesusPuppy Profile

Cypress Times, online Christian news paper.

Rebecky

Postby Rebecky » Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:32 pm

I don't remember being "BeckyDepp" but I do remember the last three or four.
Dum Spiro Spero

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:15 pm

:rolling
....JesusPuppy (or just call me Pup) Image

And just for the record, I am a Male.

"I am a writer, I do NOT lie... I fictionalise." JP

"The Lord Bless thee, and keep thee.." Num. 6:24

JesusPuppy Profile

Cypress Times, online Christian news paper.

RiversidePeace
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)

Postby RiversidePeace » Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:16 pm

JesusPuppy wrote:Didn't you start as BeckyDepp, then Boredbecky, Monotony, and then Kiddo. You had disappeared for a while when Amy took her trip to Australia to help Chrissy out for a while. you were both on and off back then, one of those.. "You're here when she was gone" thingys.

Ah...I remember Kiddo but not the others.

:)

RachelM

Postby RachelM » Sat Aug 03, 2013 12:45 am

RiversidePeace wrote:You sound a little disappointed in yourself, or rather your health. I think it's meraculous how you get through and what you achieve. Keep going. Keep believing. Keep trusting for better things.

Amy, you really are an amazing gal! I look forward to meeting you one day. What a great picture!
I'm praying for you and Shann and for Rebecky too as she deals with those headaches.

I went to the beach today with a few friends. We over heard a woman say that it must be a daycare group. "Nope, we're not a daycare!" My friend shot out. "She has six," pointing at me, "and I have seven!" You can't blame the lady for raising her eyebrows. :D
My FaithWriters profile: RachelM FW member profile

violin4jesus

Postby violin4jesus » Sat Aug 03, 2013 1:23 am

Things....In A Hotel Lobby
You said you were going to visit that next summer and I didn't know if it'd be during the conference time, so I threw you in there. :wink:

RiversidePeace
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)

Postby RiversidePeace » Sat Aug 03, 2013 3:33 am

violin4jesus wrote:Things....In A Hotel Lobby
You said you were going to visit that next summer and I didn't know if it'd be during the conference time, so I threw you in there. :wink:

:roll: Yeah, sorry about that. Things happened. We did get over there but not until June 2010. We went to Minnisssotta and Texas.

RiversidePeace

Rebecky

Postby Rebecky » Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:28 am

Shann texted me from the hospital last night, she finally has an IV in. She also said that Amy had to go into the ER last night to get fluids because she'd been sick since she got here to MD.

As for me, I still have the same horrible headache I've been had. I was in bed mostly all last night which is why I didn't get shann's text until last minute and I didn't have anyway to update on here.
Dum Spiro Spero

Rebecky

Postby Rebecky » Sat Aug 03, 2013 3:42 pm

RiversidePeace wrote:
JesusPuppy wrote:Didn't you start as BeckyDepp, then Boredbecky, Monotony, and then Kiddo. You had disappeared for a while when Amy took her trip to Australia to help Chrissy out for a while. you were both on and off back then, one of those.. "You're here when she was gone" thingys.

Ah...I remember Kiddo but not the others.

:)

Oh yeah, I think it was actually Jez that gave me that nickname and it stuck.
Dum Spiro Spero

deejay

Postby deejay » Sat Aug 03, 2013 5:17 pm

I had a really busy week (understatement of the year). Wednesday, I attended the first birthday party for my supervisor Narrah's son Owen; afterwards I vacuumed the fireside room --at church--where the party was held. That helped me for the next day.
Thursday, I re-arranged my cleaning schedule at church because a friend of mine at church was getting married Friday. So instead of cleaning the offices, sanctuary, Life Center, west patio area and 3 indoor bathrooms, I finished the fireside room, then cleaned the kitchen, put away the toys and picked up trash on the east patio area, cleaned the sanctuary, indoor bathrooms, nursery and hall/foyer. Then I led Bible study.
Friday, instead of doing east patio, 2 outside bathrooms, 3 classrooms, fireside room, kitchen, nursery and hall/foyer, I did both patio areas, the classrooms, offices, and Life Center. I finished at 12:50 p.m., which was great because the wedding was at two!
Chris, the groom, had been in the ER with severe stomach pains a few days before; they ran tests but found nothing. Likely just pre-wedding jitters. The wedding was a simple one, colors were pink and white. I helped set up before, and tear down after. No bouquet toss or garter snap. Instead of throwing rice or birdseed, we blew bubbles. The only glitch came during the dancing, when the music from the sound booth suddenly went out; luckily one of the guys went onto the platform to the piano and quite ably played appropriate music. I got a plate of food--croissant sandwiches--to take home. Just made the bus, too. Bride Doah--short for Shenandoah--and Chris are at a hotel in Fullerton for their honeymoon for a few days.
I had a hard time sleeping Thursday/Friday night because my nose was stuffy; when you have high blood pressure you don't have many options for treating a stuffy nose. I used saline nasal spray, but it didn't help. I'm amazed I stayed wide awake all day Friday. And you'd better believe after hauling chairs and folding tables in and out, plus running around stacking chairs, and helping in other ways, I have one sore lower back! A menthol stick helped, though. And yes, I had no trouble sleeping well last night! The only thing I have left to do is a bit of grocery shopping, pay my rent and get a one year airtime card for my cell phone.

Sparrow

Postby Sparrow » Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:31 pm

Chrissy! I missed that you were back when I popped in before. Welcome back. I was gonna pretend I didn't remember you, but since Pup already said I lived with you for a month, I figured no one would buy that joke anyway. ;)

Shann has been having trouble keeping her IV in for the meds, so that hasn't been fun, but right now it's in her foot and hopefully will stay in this time. :? Praying it'll help soon. She's still very miserable.

Speaking of IVs, as Becky said, I ended up in the ER on Friday night. I came all the way across the U.S. so I could spend my time in bathrooms and the ER. :mrgreen: But they gave me IV fluids and said it was a virus that would have to run its course. Somehow with all my health stuff that's the first time I've ever had an IV. It seemed to help and I'm doing much, much better now.

Good thing, too, cuz now the septic system is all backed up and we can't use the toilets or run water down any drains here at the main house. This trip hasn't lacked for excitement. At least Andy's cabin next door is on a different system, but still is a pain to have to go over there for everything.

Thanks for the prayers and encouraging comments. Since I'm doing better, Andy and I were able to spend more time together today. We played a computer game for a bit this afternoon and then went outside to play a little basketball. For dinner we dressed all up and had salmon, and after a rest we're going to go out on the pier to see the lights on the creek. I'll download a picture or two later. :)

Becky, headaches are one of the hardest kinds of pain for me to tolerate. I hope yours goes away soon. Hugs.

Shann and Becky and I had been hoping to connect up while I'm on the East Coast but since we've all been so sick, not sure it'll be able to happen. :(

DeeJay, that is busy, wow!

Rachel, the beach trip sounds so fun. I would have loved to have a bunch of kids. But when I was growing up, for a while my five cousins lived with us, so there were eight of us kids and we'd get surprised looks. :)
Amy Michelle Wiley
Check out my booklet, Bring Your Writing to Life: a writer's guide to "show; don't tell". Buy it here.
My Website, Sparrow's Flight

Shann

Postby Shann » Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:31 pm

Just a quick hey. Hopefully things will start looking up. Have IV in foot. Down side is I have to have heparin shots in my belly. But the sores are drying up. Miss ya all.
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

PreviousNext

Return to The Water Cooler