To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

A place for general chat (non-writing related). Please keep political discussions to the relevant neighborhood forum.

Moderators: cori67, RedBaron, Shann

Rebecky
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Re: Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

Postby Rebecky » Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:20 pm

not really my nose but more my head.
Dum Spiro Spero

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:22 pm

Sinus, sniffer, nose, same thing. Mostly. Anyway... are you doing better? I guess chopping your head off would be a bit drastic, so I will be nice... for a change.. and ask how you are doing. :mrgreen:
....JesusPuppy (or just call me Pup) Image

And just for the record, I am a Male.

"I am a writer, I do NOT lie... I fictionalise." JP

"The Lord Bless thee, and keep thee.." Num. 6:24

JesusPuppy Profile

Cypress Times, online Christian news paper.

Shann

Postby Shann » Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:33 pm

Amy is leaving tonight. I thought she said her flight was 5:30 but I just received a text from her so maybe it's 8:30 and I reversed the time thinking it would be 5:30 my time, but I'm not sure because when I looked at the clock I knew if it left 5:30 her time she would be in the air at 9 mine time so who knows, maybe the rusty nail is leeching into my brain which I found out in my "garden where I was pulling weeds and I had a piece of wood holding down the tarp so that the weeds wouldn't grow in that spot and suddenly I felt the pain and it took me forever to get the nail out of my sandal. Though it would be much worse had I not been wearing the footwear. My husband couldn't help lecturing me about how important it is to wear shoes outside To which I replied I only go out barefoot in the winter or if I can't find my sandals. He just rolled his eyes. Oh and Amy just texted me and she is leaving 10:30 her time.

Sorry about your head Becky! Sounds bad but I don't mean it as bad. It does remind me of a family joke when someone says my face hurts someone else says it's killing me. I have no idea where my family gets their sarcastic nature from :mrgreen:

Ha, Pup was writing the same time as I was but since I tend to be wordier he got his in first, but chopping off her head may be a tad drastic. It really throws me off my game when you're nice Pup-a-roo (is that a combo of a dog and a kangaroo and have you ever been to Australia?) I know time for me to go to bed.
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

violin4jesus

Postby violin4jesus » Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:25 am

In the middle of two nights off - I'm planning to chill for the most part tonight, because tomorrow I am visiting my writer friend Lesley. Twas a busy last two nights at work...was happy to find out that my twins lady from last week delivered naturally but the nurse that had her deserves a medal because it was a very long night! Well, of course the mommy deserves the medal too, since she did it, but let me tell you, pushing is hard work for us nurses and sometimes we don't get to sit down, or pee, or drink anything for sometimes 6-8 hours. Sometimes I have to beg to have someone relieve me for 5 minutes just so I can get a sip of water. I also had a card left for me from a patient I barely had last week for 2 hours (I did her admission), but I think they did that for all of us who individually cared for them. :roll: They must have been taking down names.

Shann, I threw in a testimony at the last minute. It probably won't get picked, so you can read it after they announce the winners. :mrgreen: I also have an idea this week for Expand, and it's not so obviously me, and will be a fun read, so I'd better get to writing!

I finished my application for Aspen, too, and sent it in when I got home from work. Hopefully will hear from them soon so I can start prepping to do college starting in September. I'm thinking we might need to buy a new computer so we both can have one that works well. My little Acer is just not fast enough like the Mac. Macs cost a lot of money, though, and that will stretch the budget some to get it. It'd be worth it, though, not to be fighting over the good computer. :lol:

Hope Amy makes it safely to Andy's house. I'm sure she'll post an update when she gets there.

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:55 am

Yeah.. if she's not having too much fun. :heehee

JesusPuppy Profile

RachelM

Postby RachelM » Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:27 pm

Yes, nurses deserve medals! And moms too. :)

I literally dusted off the case that held my flash drives, plugged in the one that contained my book and started rewriting my first chapter. I was seriously procrastinating getting started, so it feels good to be working on it again. :D
My FaithWriters profile: RachelM FW member profile

Shann

Postby Shann » Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:53 pm

Last I hear Amy got there at 7:30 this morning. She was in a wee bit of a panic when her connecting flight from NYC to Baltimore was cancelled. She thought she'd be stuck in the airport, but they rerouted her to Detroit and got in like a half hour later than usual. I know she didn't sleep much and planned on sleeping today. I hear my phone beeping so that probably means she sent me a text.

My glands are swollen and sore and I feel gunky so I just am popping in for a quick hey. Glad to hear you entered the contest Leah. Though that'll make it harder for me to win. Every time I encouraged someone a little voice said, yeah but they could knock you out! It makes me think of the Jehovah's Witness who believe that only a certain number of people get into Heaven. I think I'd struggle with going out and telling others cuz what if I was the last one to get in and then I converted someone and they knocked me out? Does that make me a horrible person? Thankfully Jesus died for everyone! :D
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

Lady Belle
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Postby Lady Belle » Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:07 am

Hi all,

Summer sure is busy. Just started a writing class for credit -- it has kept me busy and stretching too.

Great job on getting started on your book Rachel!! Boy, that must feel wonderful! :)

Sounds like you are catching a summer cold, Shann. Feel better soon... lots of fluids.

Visit later,
Belle

Shann

Postby Shann » Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:37 am

Hi Belle welcome to the Rest Stop where the wackiest people from Feel hang out. I'm an East Coast oddball because I live in the middle of nowhere way out in the rural part of Western By, south of Rochester and Buffalo. Last week it was pushing 100 and now it's in the 50s. No wonder I feel cruddy. Though I can't blame it on a cold. I have chronic shingles outbreaks. I've never gone more than 3 months between outbreaks in almost 25 years. I have lots of sores now so my lymph nodes are working double time. Though 2012 was the first year in 25 years that I didn't have to go in hospital. I was diagnosed with severe sleep apnea two years ago and actually almost died from it. I still shiver when I think how close it was. They called a full code my O2 sats were in low 30s when the nurse found me cold blue and unresponsive. But now I have CPAP things are better.

Where are you taking your writing class? It's hard because formal college or essay writing is so different from writing fiction. I've worked with people who were taught to never use contractions, and things like that.

Was it you who was trying to find a Christian college? My memory is horrible especially when I should be sleeping! So I'm scampering off for sure now!
Shann

Shann's Profile

Allison

Postby Allison » Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:58 am

The children's musical at my church is Friday and Saturday! We had an extra rehearsal with the main drama tonight (Wednesday), Thursday evening is dress rehearsal. Friday we have a performance in the morning for "Summer Fun Days (My church's version of VBS where we do it a different day of the week each week for five weeks) and then another one in the evening at 7PM for everyone, and on Saturday we have another performance at 4PM.

Pray that everything would come together. (It always does, but then are those freakout moments when it looks like it's going to be a disaster. :) ) I rewrote/added to the last scene to actually include the gospel, because in the original, they only say something like "God gave us the opportunity to really become His children." then another character asks what that means, and they said "Let's talk about this." But then they go off during a song, and.... don't actually talk about it! . :lol: So I'd love prayers that those in the audience who aren't Christians would listen to and understand the gospel message we've added in. And pray for us as leaders too! It always gets a bit crazy at the end. It's going to be a fun yet exhausting rest of the week for me and everyone involved!
Isaiah 40:30-31 (NIV)

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:15 am

It will be great, Shortstuff. It might not go as planned, but it will be great. :mrgreen:

Shann-can-from-banana-land wrote:the Rest Stop where the wackiest people from Feel hang out.

Feel? FEEL??? Where in the world is Feel? :tongue

Welcome Belle. And don't let them fool you, we aren't as normal as we seem. :wink:

Well Rachel, if you had it on a flash drive.. even a dusty one.. then you aren't as bad as me. I started mine back before "Star War" first came out. It is mostly finished... mostly. I got quite a bit done with it after I finally typed it on to a computer. It might be ready.. I say might be ready.. by the time I die. :roll:

JesusPuppy Profile

Shann

Postby Shann » Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:42 am

First I hate the auto correct on my tablet! It always turns FW into something else. But at the same time, I like it when it fixes my fat finger errors.

Allison, the VBS at your church sounds so awesome. What a blessing to have such wonderful opportunities for the community. I'm sure it helps the kids develop a wonderful relationship with God and in turn the kids bless and touch the hearts of the community.
Not to be a tattle-tale, but I'm a tantalum on Amy. She had me sobbing in my pillow. She called me boring! I'm ready to admit to a lot of things but boring??? SERIOUSLY! TAH!!. Then when I threatened to tell on her she said you guys would never believe me. Actually she shouted it at me by using all caps. So again I said TAH! And she said ta meant thank you in New Zealand and then said you're welcome! Tah! Boring me? Chatty? maybe...but boring? Sniff, sniff! :mrgreen: :tongue :tongue

For the newer members, I will admit that I didn't cry and Amy is super sweet even when she says my texts are not interesting. :tongue

I need to pop in and see how the judging went for the challenge and see the new topic. Hopefully I'll get a glimmer of an idea. Have a delightful day.
Shann

Shann's Profile

Shann

Postby Shann » Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:02 pm

CONGRATULATIONS LEAH ON YOUR EC!!! HAPPY DANCE!! :superhappy :party :party :party :shiney2 :star2

check it out: http://www.faithwriters.com/wc-article- ... p?id=46152
Shann

Shann's Profile

RachelM

Postby RachelM » Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:11 pm

JesusPuppy wrote:Well Rachel, if you had it on a flash drive.. even a dusty one.. then you aren't as bad as me. I started mine back before "Star War" first came out. It is mostly finished... mostly. I got quite a bit done with it after I finally typed it on to a computer. It might be ready.. I say might be ready.. by the time I die.

You can do it, Pup! I want to submit my first chapter to the Page Turner contest, so that gave me a bit of motivation. I also found a kind, helpful editor to hire (Shann! :D ) and set myself a deadline. I'm really too close to it to know if it's any good or not, but at any rate I'm learning to write better.

Congratulations, Leah!!! :superhappy

Shann, that's terrible that you have to deal with chronic shingle outbreaks! I got shingles when I was 11 due to extreme stress, but it never came back again. I remember it as a 3" band from my mid chest around to my back at my spine. It itched and burned horrendously! I actually gave a friend chickenpox when I had it and she never knew where she got it from. :?

Allison, I'm praying that the musical turns out amazing!

Belle, that's great that you're taking a writing course! I've considered taking an online creative writing course. Does anyone know of a good one?
My FaithWriters profile: RachelM FW member profile

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:32 pm

Shann wrote:First I hate the auto correct on my tablet! It always turns FW into something else.

I knew it had to be something simple. Feel just did not sit well as a place name. Now Sane is an all together different matter. Ya ya... I have been in Sane. :roll:

She had me sobbing in my pillow. She called me boring! I'm ready to admit to a lot of things but boring??? SERIOUSLY! TAH!!. Then when I threatened to tell on her she said you guys would never believe me.

I believe it. She can be pretty spunky in her own right. True, some of the things you write on here when you're asleep have been... well... interesting, but... :tongue

JesusPuppy Profile

PreviousNext

Return to The Water Cooler