To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Can you give me any advice for publishing a children's book?

Share writing tips and tricks, as well as your favorite books and software for writers.

Moderator: RedBaron

successisyours93
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Can you give me any advice for publishing a children's book?

Postby successisyours93 » Sat Jul 13, 2013 1:14 am

I mainly write books consisting short children's stories and want to convert them into a book but I am confused about how to choose a good book publishing company who can help me in transforming my concept into a book. Please suggest me about some good book publishing companies that give me the freedom to go side by side in publishing procedure.

Regards
Swati

pheeweed
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Re: Can you give me any advice for publishing a children's b

Postby pheeweed » Mon Jul 15, 2013 7:45 am

I'm no expert, but I did attend a conference for writers of children's books and learned a few things. Since you asked for advice about publishers that would work alongside you, I suggest you look into small publishing houses, rather than the big ones. But before you start contacting publishers, you might want to work with an editor to prepare the book for publishing. You'll get a better response from any publisher if the book is already polished. There are lots of reading levels and you didn't say what age your book is for. You should know who your readers are so you can submit the book to the right publisher. And finally, if it's a picture book, the small publishers may ask you to provide illustrations, but the large ones will probably have their own illustrator. I hope this helps.

To find publishers I would look for books like yours, see who published them and then look for their writer's guidelines (either on-line or in Writer's Market to see if they are accepting submissions.
Phee
A friend of the Bridegroom

http://www.delightedmeditations.blogspot.com

"And now, dear brothers and sisters, one final thing. Fix your thoughts on what is true, and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise." Philippians 4:8 NLT

Return to Best Books, Tips and Software for Writers