To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

A place for general chat (non-writing related). Please keep political discussions to the relevant neighborhood forum.

Moderators: cori67, RedBaron, Shann

Shann

Re: Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

Postby Shann » Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:17 am

Hey all, sorry I've been a tad wackier than normal (I know that is excruciating to even think of such a thing!) I've been trying to make it through the heat and humidity and have a migraine. I'm just popping in to say a quick hi and to nag those who haven't to enter your testimony. No matter what you may think God has dome something spectacular (even if it feels horrific) so that you might be the one to answer Here I am Lord. Is it I Lord? I have heard you calling in the night. I will go Lord if you lead me I will hold your people in my heart.

I will help anyone here and do an edit and a proofread and give suggestions. If you say you have nothing worthy of sharing with others them you are truly hurting my feelings and making me doubt myself because every single one of you have touched me in a way I never would have anticipated.

I have first rough draft down, then am trying to figure out which second piece I want. Though you will only be used once, if you're a platinum member then you can enter twice, but only one will be selected.

Rachel, I will either be your challenge buddy for a few weeks or set you up with another person who is looking for people to partner with. I also have a couple of small groups that might have some openings. Send me a PM with your email and what you're looking for and I'll try to help!

Okay I have to lie down now because we have to leave in about one hour. 29 years ago today I was 2 days past my due date and my father kept teasing me telling me she was going to be a Christmas baby! Then I was starting to believe, but she was born 2 weeks later!

Hugs my dear PUp, know God has placed you and Seema on my hearts a lot lately and I have been praying for you both often. Hugs and love
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

deejay
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Postby deejay » Sat Jul 06, 2013 2:04 pm

For sunburn, soak in a bathtub of lukewarm water to which you have dissolved a handful of baking soda, or have made a tubful of tea with about a dozen teabags. If all you have is a shower--like me--well, there's always aloe vera gel....

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:43 pm

Rebecky wrote:I am completly miserable from this stupid sunburn. :cry:

I would pat you on the back... gently, but I might still get beat up for it. Hummmm.. might just be worth it. :tongue
....JesusPuppy (or just call me Pup) Image

And just for the record, I am a Male.

"I am a writer, I do NOT lie... I fictionalise." JP

"The Lord Bless thee, and keep thee.." Num. 6:24

JesusPuppy Profile

Cypress Times, online Christian news paper.

Rebecky

Postby Rebecky » Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:02 pm

JesusPuppy wrote:
Rebecky wrote:I am completly miserable from this stupid sunburn. :cry:

I would pat you on the back... gently, but I might still get beat up for it. Hummmm.. might just be worth it. :tongue

Nice to know you like to see me in pain.
Dum Spiro Spero

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:59 pm

I mowed grass today. In the wind. with a mower that didn't have a bagger attachment. Clippings and dirt flying into my eyes. Sun beeting down.. and yes I do mean beet, as in red. I figured it would be a good day to get a tan. :roll:

It is not that I enjoy seeing you in pain, but as the saying goes, misery loves company, and I feel miserable at the moment. I am hoping the BarBQ pizza I am having for dinner will make me feel better. If not, the coffee will. :mrgreen:

JesusPuppy Profile

Rebecky

Postby Rebecky » Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:07 pm

Awwww puppy wanted to have sympathy pain but doesn't know sympathy so he had to actually enforce pain. :tongue
Dum Spiro Spero

Rebecky

Postby Rebecky » Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:08 am

Sorry pup :(

I hope you're less miserable and even feeling great.
Dum Spiro Spero

RachelM

Postby RachelM » Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:31 am

Shann wrote:Rachel, I will either be your challenge buddy for a few weeks or set you up with another person who is looking for people to partner with. I also have a couple of small groups that might have some openings. Send me a PM with your email and what you're looking for and I'll try to help!

Thank you Shann! I'll try to figure out how to PM and send you a message sometime today.

I hope you all have a beautiful day! I love Sundays. We always have about 20-30 people (including my own family) here for a potluck lunch. Good food, good friends, good fellowship. :)
My FaithWriters profile: RachelM FW member profile

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:59 pm

Rebecky wrote:I hope you're less miserable and even feeling great.

Not really, until I read that last one. That gave me a chuckle. :lol:

JesusPuppy Profile

Rebecky

Postby Rebecky » Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:08 pm

JesusPuppy wrote:
Rebecky wrote:I hope you're less miserable and even feeling great.

Not really, until I read that last one. That gave me a chuckle. :lol:

:wink: :mrgreen:
Dum Spiro Spero

violin4jesus

Postby violin4jesus » Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:19 am

Hey all. I know you probably haven't missed me, but I'm still lurking although I was too wiped out to post yesterday. :wink: All the lack of sleep (because I can't sleep at night) during my vacation finally caught up with me and although I made it through two nights of work just as soon as we got back, I woke up with a head cold last night and had to call in for the third. I'm glad I did, too, because I could hardly sit up, let alone do anything. All I did was sit/lay on the couch and drink tea. I slept a bunch today and feel better, although far from 100%.

The conference was fun and inspiring, and we enjoyed our stay with my family afterward. Kylie is very very active, and just started taking her first steps last weekend. It took a while to warm up to us, but she did let me hold her and walk with her around the house.

On our way back home, the engine light turned on just after we crossed the OR/CA border, which held us up about an hour trying to figure out what it was. Turned out it was just an indication that the oil pressure was low, but we checked the oil level and it was fine, so we kept going and made it home (mostly) on schedule. Making it through that first night at work was a challenge, but I made it, and only started to feel under the weather halfway through the second night.

Last night I just watched a bunch of Netflix, and tonight I'm catching up a little more on the budget and emails. Another day of rest should get me back up to normal, and I'll be glad when I don't have to suck on cough drops 24/7 anymore. :roll:

It was great seeing Pup and Seema and Allison and others, and though I don't have very many pictures, I did post some videos on the Faithwriters Facebook page if y'all want to check them out there.

Here's some bragging photos of my niece:

deejay

Postby deejay » Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:38 pm

She's beautiful!

RachelM

Postby RachelM » Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:29 pm

Oh my goodness! What a cutie. :)

I just love that age. My youngest is 16 months and he's just started toddling around. It's so cute how they stick out their bellies and stagger with their legs spread wide for balance. :)

I hope you recover quickly, Leah.
My FaithWriters profile: RachelM FW member profile

Shann

Postby Shann » Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:19 pm

Your picture of your niece reminded me how much I want a grandbaby. Though time flies by and I feel too young to have one, I'm ready. I would love to even have another baby of my own, but since the doctor removed an essential organ to housing babies (I was trying to be delicate for poor Pup's delicate ears, but it would have been easier to just say uterus.) Anyhoo no more babies for me.

Sorry aBOUT YOUR SUNBURNS bECKY AND pUP BUT bECKY'S COMMENT WAS SUPER FUNNY! Grrr that stupid cap lock button!

Rachel I did get your PM and PMed you back so if you didn't get a notice check your PMs.

Just popping in to say a quick howdy. Things have been hectic today and yesterday I was totally wiped out from going to M's. I fell asleep on her hammock and am trying to talk Chris into installing one above my bed so I could fill it with a feather mattress and save money on the Select Comfort bed, but he seems to think my sleepwalking and night terrors might be a tad dangerous in a hammock but I think he's just too lazy to drill holes in the wall and anchor it down.
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

Rebecky

Postby Rebecky » Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:56 pm

Shann wrote:BUT bECKY'S COMMENT WAS SUPER FUNNY!

isn't everything I say funny? :P :tongue
Dum Spiro Spero

PreviousNext

Return to The Water Cooler