To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

A place for general chat (non-writing related). Please keep political discussions to the relevant neighborhood forum.

Moderators: cori67, RedBaron, Shann

JesusPuppy
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Re: Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

Postby JesusPuppy » Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:13 pm

Yeah.. I wanted to get out to the gardens before it got tooooo hot. Lot of good that did, even by the time I got there it was hot. but I did find a good gooy chili-dog for lunch. :mrgreen:

I did notice you flying a wee bit low towards the end, and started to worry. But you seemed to hold up, even stuck it out to play games. I was just too tired and sore by the end of the night to stick around longer, so you did better than me, Bird. :wink:
....JesusPuppy (or just call me Pup) Image

And just for the record, I am a Male.

"I am a writer, I do NOT lie... I fictionalise." JP

"The Lord Bless thee, and keep thee.." Num. 6:24

JesusPuppy Profile

Cypress Times, online Christian news paper.

Shann

Postby Shann » Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:55 pm

Hey all sorry I haven't popped in lately. After going to the eye doctor and my mammogram (out 4xs last week! I had a wicked migraine and haven't done much, Glad the conference went well Wish I could have been there. I tried to do the chat thing, but the computer hates me. I monkeyed around for like 40 minutes. I should have texted Becky, I thought of it once, but kind of embarrassed that I can't figure something so simple out.

Glad Becky got a chance to talk for a bit though. Pup I heard you were quite a character, but then I already knew that. You could have sent me Shari's PB fudge!

Allison you should enter both stories because Platinum members can enter 2. Only one will get selected, but if you're trying to decide. You're ahead of me. I have mine about half written but haven't been in the right mood to finish. I have a feeling there will be tons of entries.

Rachel, I think you fit in well here because if hanging out with 12 kids is fun, you're a tad wacky too! :tongue
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

srashmi

Postby srashmi » Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:31 pm

JesusPuppy wrote:Then there was Seema, she is such a beautiful lady (inside and out).

:oops: Someone needs glasses.

Had a wonderful time at the conference. :D Posting more in the conf. forum.

Allison

Postby Allison » Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:41 pm

Shann wrote:Hey all sorry I haven't popped in lately. After going to the eye doctor and my mammogram (out 4xs last week! I had a wicked migraine and haven't done much, Glad the conference went well Wish I could have been there. I tried to do the chat thing, but the computer hates me. I monkeyed around for like 40 minutes. I should have texted Becky, I thought of it once, but kind of embarrassed that I can't figure something so simple out.

Glad Becky got a chance to talk for a bit though. Pup I heard you were quite a character, but then I already knew that. You could have sent me Shari's PB fudge!

Allison you should enter both stories because Platinum members can enter 2. Only one will get selected, but if you're trying to decide. You're ahead of me. I have mine about half written but haven't been in the right mood to finish. I have a feeling there will be tons of entries.

Rachel, I think you fit in well here because if hanging out with 12 kids is fun, you're a tad wacky too! :tongue

Well, they are essentially the same. So it's no use entering both. It's not a total re-write, just a combination of edits for the same thing that I had, basically. I must not be making much sense... :sorry
Isaiah 40:30-31 (NIV)

RachelM

Postby RachelM » Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:30 am

Shann wrote:Rachel, I think you fit in well here because if hanging out with 12 kids is fun, you're a tad wacky too!

Glad I'm in good company. :D

You are both ahead of me in the testimony progress. I haven't even started! I've been thinking about it a lot though and feeling a bit nervous on the direction I plan on taking with it. It's a part of my testimony that I have never really shared, so it feels private, but I think that that is just the way I write: intense and emotional.
My FaithWriters profile: RachelM FW member profile

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:32 am

Sometines that's what is needed. It is often the intense, emotional testimonies that really get to a person in need. I say go for it.

And yaaa for Shortstuff. I saw in another thread that you got your mountain picture. Way cool.

JesusPuppy Profile

DJGray
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)

Postby DJGray » Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:23 am

Celebrate freedom my friends. Happy Independence Day!!

Rebecky

Postby Rebecky » Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:58 am

JesusPuppy wrote:One second Kiddo.

Hey Shortstuff.. do the re-write and find someone to do the proof read.. second set of eyes and all that. Sounds like you almost have it ready.

Now, back to the wild one. Hi Re-Kiddo-Becky, How's it going. I been out riding most of the day, but I got my pictures uploaded. Some were harder to mess with as they were on my Cellphone and the computer was not recognising the phone as being real.. Go figure. :roll:

Been a nice day for riding though, the bank clock said it was 78 out, clear and sunny. A bit windy but it was good.

The porch work I had lined up for my second week didn't go through, so I have a whole week to do nothing. :shock: Maybe a bike ride in the country.

Rachel thats too many kids to play with. That would be more like... ummm... work. :mrgreen:

:redface2

Well yesterday my nieces went swimming in our pool and splashed me so much I ended up in there in my clothes. :tongue

And they're coming back for more today. :P :shock:
Dum Spiro Spero

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Thu Jul 04, 2013 12:52 pm

And you were bored?

I am going for another bike ride day. They are suppose to have something going in the park all day, starting with the parade in a few minutes. Silly stuff on the waterfront, BarBQ downtown and at the park. Should be jamming. Soooooo.. off to breakfast, then the park.

JesusPuppy Profile

Rebecky

Postby Rebecky » Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:53 pm

I was bored after they left. :P

I had fun today, was outside most of the day. Yes, I sunburned. badly. :|
Dum Spiro Spero

DJGray
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)

Postby DJGray » Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:56 pm

So, my wife and I went to an Independence Day parade in Blaine, WA, and the first thing down the street was the Colour Guard detachment. If I remember correctly, they were from the local Coast Guard station. That was very nice, but what tore at my gut was what followed. There were individuals and couples carrying five foot tall banners with full color photographs of Washington State men and women (kids really) who have been killed in recent wars. Each photo banner was being carried by a family member or close friend of the man or woman who had given their life in service to this country. It was a very nice tribute. What tore at me was that they just kept coming and coming and coming. I lost count! My wife and I were both in tears. She leaned over and commented to me, "They're just babies." It was a very moving way to begin the parade.

RachelM

Postby RachelM » Fri Jul 05, 2013 2:20 am

Happy Independence Day to those of you who are south of the border!

Damon, what a vivid reminder of loss. Most have been very touching indeed.

RachelM

Postby RachelM » Fri Jul 05, 2013 2:22 am

Anyone have any room in their challenge buddy group? I'm a level 2.

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:31 am

I am such a bad writer.. grammar and punctuation are terribible.. I wouldn't even be good as a proof reader, but I can encourage you to keep trying.

I had a good day yesterday, riding around til me legs were sore. They had the parade, small town stuff mostly, kids with pets, horses, old cars and the fire dept. But it was cool. Then out at the city park they have the BarBQ, a local band played for three hours (off and on), and they had the kids jumping cages (like the old moonwalk thingys but one was like an obsticle course).

Today I am having lunch with a friend, and then more riding. I was thinking of maybe a day ride south, maybe two days, I still have a week off to play sooooooo. :superhappy

JesusPuppy Profile

Rebecky

Postby Rebecky » Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:33 am

I am completly miserable from this stupid sunburn. :cry:
Dum Spiro Spero

PreviousNext

Return to The Water Cooler