To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

A place for general chat (non-writing related). Please keep political discussions to the relevant neighborhood forum.

Moderators: cori67, RedBaron, Shann

JesusPuppy
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Re: Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

Postby JesusPuppy » Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:28 pm

A day later...

Still hot and muggy. but, I went to the downtown market and then the RoseGarden and Zoo. Got me a funny cartoon picture made of meself, and had a supper good gooychili-cheese-hot dog for lunch. OOoooh talk about gut bombs, boy did it hit the spot. :mrgreen:

Now for a shower, and hang out in the lobby. Saw Shortstuff down there as I came in, and I know Seema is still here, she was headed out for a wander when I was this morning, but I got distracted by a Starbucks.... :lol:
....JesusPuppy (or just call me Pup) Image

And just for the record, I am a Male.

"I am a writer, I do NOT lie... I fictionalise." JP

"The Lord Bless thee, and keep thee.." Num. 6:24

JesusPuppy Profile

Cypress Times, online Christian news paper.

Rebecky

Postby Rebecky » Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:10 pm

Ooo did I ever tell you about my "recent" starbucks story? lol
Dum Spiro Spero

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:45 pm

You never tell me anything. You just make fun of me for being funny looking. Oh wait that's Spunky that makes fun of me for being funny looking, you just make fun of me. :D

But, according to Shann, that is your job, and you do it well.

Oh and by the way, it was nice seeing you while lurking in that G+ chat thingy the other night. Though I couldn't hear if you said anything, and well.. as the sun was glaring in my eyes I couldn't really see you but I could see your image get embarrassed and turn away.

:tongue

JesusPuppy Profile

Rebecky

Postby Rebecky » Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:12 pm

JesusPuppy wrote:You never tell me anything. You just make fun of me for being funny looking. Oh wait that's Spunky that makes fun of me for being funny looking, you just make fun of me. :D

But, according to Shann, that is your job, and you do it well.

Oh and by the way, it was nice seeing you while lurking in that G+ chat thingy the other night. Though I couldn't hear if you said anything, and well.. as the sun was glaring in my eyes I couldn't really see you but I could see your image get embarrassed and turn away.

:tongue

... but it's fun to make fun of you. I do it cause I care. lol
But i'd never make fun of how you look. :tongue

Oh and yes, that is me. The "get embarrassed and look away" type. I couldn't talk though because I didn't have my earphones plugged in at first and I didn't want the feedback issue and then when I tried plugging them in the port/plug wouldn't work. So I had to not use audio.

So the starbucks... My friend and I and her boyfriend had gone to a big mall back near my bday. This mall is an hour away. Well we'd gone into the book store and inside the bookstore is a starbucks. So I had an idea of getting starbucks before we leave. Once we got it and left the store this woman was with a group of people and she stops and says to her friends "Hold on. Hold on one minute!" while putting her hands out as if to say "stop". She walks over to me and says "Excuse me, where is the starbucks?" Like it's the most important question of the day and I possess the most important answer of the day.

:heehee
Dum Spiro Spero

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:39 am

Hey.. it was important. It was a Starbucks. :mrgreen:

Did Shann ever make it on to that chat thingy. We were waiting for her and then had to go for the last leg of the conference, so I never did get to say Hi to her. Then too thats probably why she stayed away so long, just so I wouldn't get to see her. That mean ole Shann. :fingerwag

Still in the upper 80s and hardly any wind at all. I guess I have gotten spoiled in my foggy little town on the coast.

JesusPuppy Profile

Rebecky

Postby Rebecky » Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:15 am

I think I saw on facebook that she tried but it wasn't working and she never got an invite or something. I don't know. I guess her computer was conspiring against her.
Dum Spiro Spero

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:40 pm

I'M HOME.

Funny thing happened as I got off the bus. I stopped for a second to take in the coolness of the air, and some one actually said.. "Yeah, it sure is hot here huh?"

I started laughing and almost choked. 75 out and a good breeze blowing off the water, and they were talking heat..? Walking in the RoseGarden up in Portland Sunday the temp was 101 and hardly any wind. Now I just love roses, but the smell, add in oppressive heat, and the smell almost did me in.

But I did have a good time, learned a lot even, well enough to know what I want to do, though I still don't think me own writing good enough to actually publish it. The info on EBook publishing (what I scheduled most of my workshops for) was very helpful.

But as everyone already knows I just went to meet up with peoples. Seeing the LittleBird is always a blessing, as well as seeing Sis and Mom again. (though sad as well because Sis couldn't stay longer) And before a little bird comes around to say I am just being selfish.. I know she wasn't doing so good, and the fact she showed at all up was a major blessing. Then there was Seema, she is such a beautiful lady (inside and out). As for ShortStuff, the name says it all.. short, smart, and cute, what's not to love. :mrgreen:

I would have like to also have seen some of you others.. Shann, Re-Kiddo-Becky, and that Spunky one that never comes by anymore. :( I remember seeing Barb at one of the conferences before, (at least I think I did) it would have been nice if she could have come as well. And what ever happened to Fred, I haven't seen a thing on her in a year now.

Well I am off to figure out how to post me pictures. It has been a while since I did that, and with my brain the way it is... were are talking hours worth of figuring. :mrgreen:

JesusPuppy Profile

Rebecky

Postby Rebecky » Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:33 am

lol. Yeah that happens.

It's funny when we get cooler weather and we hit 75 or 78 or so and I feel hot but then we get really hot weather like 90s and humid and as soon as we cool down to 75 its nice and cool.

Lately, it's been hot and humid and rainy. Our June and so far July has been nothing but rain it seems. It's really a wonder the rain hasn't flooded our vegetable garden out.
Dum Spiro Spero

RachelM

Postby RachelM » Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:18 pm

Hi! Sounds lie it was a great conference. I had an incredibly busy week. A good friend just had her seventh baby last Thursday and I got to look after her kids. So with her 6 and my 6 I had 12 kids! It was a blast. I spent the day playing and reading out loud and I even got told that I was a good soccer player (made my day!)

My 2 daughters went to see a friend for a couple days. The place seems absolutely empty with only 4 munchkins running around. :)

Here's a pic of the 12 kids. The blonde kids are my friends and the dark haired ones are mine.
Attachments
IMG_0504[1].jpg
IMG_0504[1].jpg (208.04 KiB) Viewed 695 times
My FaithWriters profile: RachelM FW member profile

RachelM

Postby RachelM » Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:19 pm

Hi Belle!
My FaithWriters profile: RachelM FW member profile

Allison

Postby Allison » Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:45 pm

Well, I have something for the testimony contest. Now it's just an issue of how much more I want to have it edited. The ones (yes... plural) I started out with have been edited by two people, and I've now done a rewrite, taking into account both persons' edits. So the question is do I want to have the re-write edited too (I'm SO close to the max word count) or do I just want the re-write proofread and then turn it in?
Isaiah 40:30-31 (NIV)

Rebecky

Postby Rebecky » Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:03 pm

ugh.

i'm bored. :|

someone come talk to me. :tongue
Dum Spiro Spero

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:33 pm

One second Kiddo.

Hey Shortstuff.. do the re-write and find someone to do the proof read.. second set of eyes and all that. Sounds like you almost have it ready.

Now, back to the wild one. Hi Re-Kiddo-Becky, How's it going. I been out riding most of the day, but I got my pictures uploaded. Some were harder to mess with as they were on my Cellphone and the computer was not recognising the phone as being real.. Go figure. :roll:

Been a nice day for riding though, the bank clock said it was 78 out, clear and sunny. A bit windy but it was good.

The porch work I had lined up for my second week didn't go through, so I have a whole week to do nothing. :shock: Maybe a bike ride in the country.

Rachel thats too many kids to play with. That would be more like... ummm... work. :mrgreen:
Last edited by JesusPuppy on Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JesusPuppy Profile

Sparrow

Postby Sparrow » Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:36 pm

Wow, Rachel, the pic is cute and that sounds tiring but fun! For a while my five cousins lived with us, so there were 8 of us. But everyone was dark-haired except for me--I had white-blonde hair until I was about seven, and now it's medium brown. But as a kid everyone though I was the odd one out. :P

Allison, I think I'm going to just do a small rewrite on my testimony and go ahead and get it sent in now, and then work on more rewrites later. I guess the question is whether you'll have time to do the major rewrite before the deadline, and if you think it'll make a huge difference as to whether yours gets accepted or not.

Pup, sorry I missed saying goodbye to you at the conference. I thought I'd see you around on Sunday, but missed you. Hugs. Was good to see you and Leah and Allison. Wish everyone else here could make it.

Thanks for all the prayers, too. I held up physically a lot better than I expected. I was really short of breath a lot on Saturday, and I tend to get that way when I speak too, so I was a bit worried about that. But my workshop went great and I was able to pace it better than usual, even, so I wasn't talking as fast and was breathing more. ;)

I was pretty miserable part of Sunday, but slept all day Mon and Tue and so far haven't crashed too badly otherwise.
Amy Michelle Wiley
Check out my booklet, Bring Your Writing to Life: a writer's guide to "show; don't tell". Buy it here.
My Website, Sparrow's Flight

Allison

Postby Allison » Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:42 pm

Well, the re-write is done. It's a matter of doing a full edit and re-writing the re-write or just getting the re-write proofed. I hope that made some sort of sense.
Isaiah 40:30-31 (NIV)

PreviousNext

Return to The Water Cooler