To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

A place for general chat (non-writing related). Please keep political discussions to the relevant neighborhood forum.

Moderators: cori67, RedBaron, Shann

srashmi
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Re: Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

Postby srashmi » Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:39 pm

JesusPuppy wrote:
Seema, great to hear you will make it. Oh wait.. you aren't another of those chocolate loving people are you? :mrgreen:

Chocolate?! :mrgreen: Dark with nuts. Yum! :D :wink:

Page 1200!

Rebecky

Postby Rebecky » Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:12 pm

Shann wrote:3,00 miles away! :mrgreen:

Really? that's .. not that far. :tongue

So I went to my grandparents house today to do their medicine and visit my Aunt and Uncle who are visiting. They invited me to stay for lunch and the Pastor had come for lunch too which I didn't know about.

Well... anyway, I had a good time visiting with them. But then I went to do my grandfather's medicine and nanny's dog got spooked when I walked near her and she jumped up right when I went to take a step up and I kicked her in the head, right on my some-what healed broken toes. It hurt so bad I went in Grandpa's room and cried. Even now they still hurt but its kind of a burning hurt.
Dum Spiro Spero

Shann

Postby Shann » Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:49 pm

Well Becky we are about 300 miles apart, can you feel the LOOK! :tongue Sorry about your toes. Ice them and keep them elevated. But what about the poor dog's head? :? Poor puppy!

Seema milk chocolate is bad enough but dark chocolate??? Give me vanilla any day or white chocolate which usually taste like vanilla, does it even have any cocoa in it?

I got so much done today. It feels so good when I accomplish so much. Now I'm going into bed in my line fresh sheets, nightie gown and matching underwear. Life is good...today...well every day.
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:30 pm

If you watch shows on BBC, you are a geek. Better programing there.
If you know the difference between Star Wars and Star Trek, you are a geek.Star Trek is older.
If you play fantasy games, you are a geek.Nope, I don't play games. :P
If Com -Con is on your bucket list or if you have gone, you are a geek.No, but I wanted to
If the Sci -Fi. Channel is your one of your favorites,Then you are a geek. Don't have TV.
If you are older than five and still ride a trike you are an anomaly: an active geek. You're just jealous. :tongue
If you like Monty Python's Flying Circus you are a geek. Not sure on that one, but I do like, "Search for the Holy Grail" and "The Life of Brian" if that counts.

As for me short, They do match, sort of. My clothes are dirty, and well... :tongue

There was once a girl here that would argue the fact, there is no such thing as white chocolate. There is Vanilla... that happens to be white in color. :roll:

Kiddo.. sorry about the toe.
....JesusPuppy (or just call me Pup) Image

And just for the record, I am a Male.

"I am a writer, I do NOT lie... I fictionalise." JP

"The Lord Bless thee, and keep thee.." Num. 6:24

JesusPuppy Profile

Cypress Times, online Christian news paper.

Rebecky

Postby Rebecky » Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:47 pm

So last night both my Aunt and my Niece ended up in the same ER at the same time. My brother even thought he saw our Aunt but then thought "No that can't be possible" (they're visiting from out of state and he probably didn't know they were here already).

The neighbors dog attacked my Aunt and Uncles dog last night and had their dog pinned and his mouth on his neck. My Aunt pulled the dog off of their dog and if she hadn't their dog would be dead. The neighbors dog then turned on my Aunt, she has scratches and is put on antibiotics and has to keep her leg elevated and she is bruised up.

My Nieces were rough housing last night and my youngest niece had gotten the air knocked out of her and she was clumsily walking down the hallway trying to catch her breath when she tripped and dived into the corner of the wall and got a very deep gash on her cheek. They cleaned her cheek and glued it at the hospital.
Dum Spiro Spero

Shann

Postby Shann » Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:52 pm

Hey Pup, you are great and so funny! Now I know why we keep you around! :D

Wow Becky, the dog thing is scary which is why I only like really little dogs and even they have teeth so I'm still a tad skittish. When the dog attacked me when I was four he had gone in for the kill because I had scratch marks on my neck where his teeth scraped my skin as he was being pulled off. Even now I can still smell the smell of blood when I stop and think about it. it's one of my earliest memories.

Congratulations to Damon and Rachel. You two did a fantastic job of placing with your very first entries! Congrats also to you Allison. :clap :clap
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

Allison

Postby Allison » Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:25 pm

Thanks! I wasn't expecting that.
Isaiah 40:30-31 (NIV)

BusBoss

Postby BusBoss » Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:27 pm

I was told I needed to check in ...

Hi ... Just checking in :wink:

As long as I've been gone and the rest stop still hasn't reached 20,000 posts yet ... c'mon guys :lol:
My blog Da Bus Stop

I don't care whether the glass is half full or half empty. I want to know what's in the glass!

One of these days I will stop biting the bullet ... I will put it back in my gun and shoot

Shann

Postby Shann » Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:48 pm

Hey Tim! Look a man listened to me! Wow! So how are things going?
Shann

Shann's Profile

BusBoss

Postby BusBoss » Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:16 am

I cannot begin to explain everything that is going on ... good stuff, mostly ... but far too much to explain.
My blog Da Bus Stop

I don't care whether the glass is half full or half empty. I want to know what's in the glass!

One of these days I will stop biting the bullet ... I will put it back in my gun and shoot

BusBoss

Postby BusBoss » Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:30 am

:D
Attachments
Gangsta kitties 3.jpg
Gangsta kitties 3.jpg (82.88 KiB) Viewed 460 times
My blog Da Bus Stop

Shann

Postby Shann » Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:36 am

Well I'm glad it is mostly good.
Shann

Shann's Profile

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:15 am

Wow, Tim made an appearence. It must be true then... it is summer time. :Heehee

Glad to hear things are going good for you buddy. I know there for a while it was looking grim.

Oh and Shann..? It is not that you all keep me around, but that you can't seem to get rid of me. :tongue
....JesusPuppy (or just call me Pup) Image

And just for the record, I am a Male.

"I am a writer, I do NOT lie... I fictionalise." JP

"The Lord Bless thee, and keep thee.." Num. 6:24

JesusPuppy Profile

Cypress Times, online Christian news paper.

Sparrow

Postby Sparrow » Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:10 am

Hey Tim, if you popped in at least every couple weeks like I do, then you could keep us updated a bit easier instead of just dropping teasers. Just saying. :mrgreen:

It's the 1200th page!

Leah, I liked the second season of Once Upon a Time. It looks like they'll be doing both a 3rd season and a sort of spin off with Alice in Wonderland next year? I love Psych, too. I'm watching Fringe right now. I hate watching this much TV either, but am too sick to do much else, so am also grateful for Netflix and Amazon Prime.

Becky, your family and the dogs have really been getting a beating. :?

Pup, I didn't know you got fevers too. No fun. Mine is mostly around 100 every night. It goes down to 99.5 or so but never goes away anymore. Before that it was always about 97.0. Odd. And very tiring and painful and night-sweaty. All my latest test results came back and they still have no idea what's causing it.
Amy Michelle Wiley
Check out my booklet, Bring Your Writing to Life: a writer's guide to "show; don't tell". Buy it here.
My Website, Sparrow's Flight

RachelM

Postby RachelM » Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:59 am

Rebecky wrote:So last night both my Aunt and my Niece ended up in the same ER at the same time. My brother even thought he saw our Aunt but then thought "No that can't be possible" (they're visiting from out of state and he probably didn't know they were here already).

Yikes! Sounds awful. I hope that everyone is recovering well.
I was one of those accident prone kids that ended up in the hospital frequently, (broken arms, burns, head gashes etc.) I was even separated from my parents and questioned once, but I wasn`t abused, just wild! I`m thankful that none of my children are as thrill seeking as I was. :D

Shann wrote:Congratulations to Damon and Rachel. You two did a fantastic job of placing with your very first entries! Congrats also to you Allison.

Thanks Shann! I`m hooked on the challenge. :D Just curious, you said earlier that you thought you knew which article was mine before it was made public. Were you right?

Congratulations Damon and Allison!

And another thanks to you Shann for your kind comments on my article, and for the time you took to comment on all the level 1 and 2 pieces. I know that that encouragement can go so far. Blessings!
My FaithWriters profile: RachelM FW member profile

PreviousNext

Return to The Water Cooler