To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

A place for general chat (non-writing related). Please keep political discussions to the relevant neighborhood forum.

Moderators: cori67, RedBaron, Shann

Shann

Re: Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

Postby Shann » Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:26 pm

DJGray wrote:
violin4jesus wrote:We finally finished Doctor Who, and we're caught up to where everyone else is.

OH!! Your secret is out now. You're such a GEEK!! Image

Okay... I admit it. I am too. :wink:

They are all nerds around here or geeks I forget which is which (the smart one is the nerd and the sci-fi and fantasy ones are the geeks so I guess you had it right :tongue ) They are even turning Amy into a geek, though I guess it's more her bf influence than theirs, but you'll never get me! Never I say! (Insert evil laugh Tiara or Becky I need you to do the evil laugh for me!)
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

Shann

Postby Shann » Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:56 pm

If anyone wants to support our two newbies, here is a link to their stories. I won't say whose is who, but check them out guys and give some encouragement!

http://www.faithwriters.com/wc-article- ... 46052:/url

http://www.faithwriters.com/wc-article- ... p?id=46028

Here is another great piece to read:

http://www.faithwriters.com/wc-article- ... p?id=46027

Oh and Allison, you can pop in anytime. Becky and I are both oddballs too, well at least in the respect that we don't live on the Pacific Coast. :mrgreen: I've thought of starting a thread about living in the middle of nowhere, but don't you live in a city? If so then you would still be an oddball!

Also along with these articles, level one stories have only one comment--mine ( a few have two) Many of these people are newbies and it is essential to try and encourage them so our beloved FW will grow and have more gold and platinum members! So if you have a chance to skim through some stories on levels one and two, please do (and leave a comment!)
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

Rebecky
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Postby Rebecky » Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:35 pm

Shann wrote: (Insert evil laugh Tiara or Becky I need you to do the evil laugh for me!)

MUAH-MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dum Spiro Spero

Rebecky

Postby Rebecky » Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:37 pm

If you were asking me, Shann, I live in the middle of no where.

You blink, you miss it.
Dum Spiro Spero

Shann

Postby Shann » Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:05 pm

Rebecky wrote:If you were asking me, Shann, I live in the middle of no where.

You blink, you miss it.

Nah, I was talking to Allison, you and I are already oddballs by living on East Coast. How far away is the nearest town or city? You live in a small town with streets and sidewalks Or in the country where there are more cows than people?

Oh and Thanks for evil laugh it was perfect :mrgreen:
Shann

Shann's Profile

Rebecky

Postby Rebecky » Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:10 pm

Shann wrote:
Rebecky wrote:If you were asking me, Shann, I live in the middle of no where.

You blink, you miss it.

Nah, I was talking to Allison, you and I are already oddballs by living on East Coast. How far away is the nearest town or city? You live in a small town with streets and sidewalks Or in the country where there are more cows than people?

Oh and Thanks for evil laugh it was perfect :mrgreen:

Small town, the main road has sidewalks but only so far. The street I live on has a church and fire house and the main road has a post office. Where I live corn/wheat/soybean fields are more than people and cows/horses are a close second.

The nearest "town" is probably about 10 miles or so away and it's really not that big so I don't know if it counts.
Dum Spiro Spero

Sparrow

Postby Sparrow » Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:43 pm

Hi guys, sorry I've been gone so long. I've been missing you but have been still so sick it's hard to keep up on anything. I'm trying to make myself work on my workshop for the conference. Otherwise my dream last night of showing up without it prepared will actually be true. :shock: At least I've taught it before and written a book on the topic, so that helps.

I still have this fever... has been three months now. Doctors are still ruling things out but haven't decided what it is for sure yet. It's taking all the little bit of energy I had left before that, though. But I'm starting to learn my newly shrunk limitations and so am having less really bad days, which I'll take.

I managed to write my testimony for the Faith through Fire book on FW last week. That's the first thing I've been up to writing in quite some time.

Things are still going really well with my boyfriend Andy and I. :) I'm going to buy tickets this week to go spend a whole month in his area in August. :superhappy Staying next door in his parents' basement works really well. I'm sure I'll have to spend a lot of days just sleeping after the flight, so that's part of why I'll go for so long.

Leah, I've turned into a strong nerd in the last year, too. :mrgreen: I was already a tiny bit of a nerd and I am the one who started Andy and I into Doctor Who, but he's completed the process and turned me into a full nerd. Do you and your hubby play role playing games? Andy and I are playing Baldur's Gate online. You and Ryan could join us and play sometime.

It's fun to see several newbies here. Glad you guys have joined us! :)
Amy Michelle Wiley
Check out my booklet, Bring Your Writing to Life: a writer's guide to "show; don't tell". Buy it here.
My Website, Sparrow's Flight

Allison

Postby Allison » Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:22 pm

Shann wrote:
Oh and Allison, you can pop in anytime. Becky and I are both oddballs too, well at least in the respect that we don't live on the Pacific Coast. :mrgreen: I've thought of starting a thread about living in the middle of nowhere, but don't you live in a city? If so then you would still be an oddball!

I'm in the suburbs of St. Louis. I absolutely love it here, and have joked that the only thing that will tear me away from the St. Louis metro area would be a mountain view outside my front or back door every single day. St. Louis tends to get a bad rap in the national news, but I love it.
Isaiah 40:30-31 (NIV)

Shann

Postby Shann » Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:20 pm

Any city gets a bad rap! I'm terrified of going into Rochester, NY. Well actually even going into tiny Dansville sends me into a right tizzy! That only has 5,000 people more or less. There are more people in some of the colleges my kids have gone to.

I know I mentioned this before but you all may not have seen it. Amy was thinking of staying in a hotel room one night even if she is close by. Leah you should see if she is interested in staying with you. That way if she needed to rest in between she could. I wish I could go! I probably could if I set my mind to it, but then again not having matching underwear sends me into a panic so probably going through TSA would send out all kinds of fight or flight reflects and I tends to fight (ask my family, I think I've punched them all when they startled me. In the hospital, the nurses learned to stand at the foot of the bed, as far away as possible, and grab my toe to wake me. I've come up swinging with them too or I'll throw things at people. I've chased Chris across the house before then gotten mad when I tripped in my sleep and blamed him for scaring me. So anyone want to room with me? :mrgreen:
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sparrow

Postby Sparrow » Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:17 am

Shann wrote:Amy was thinking of staying in a hotel room one night even if she is close by. Leah you should see if she is interested in staying with you. That way if she needed to rest in between she could

Oh I forgot to tell you that I decided to go ahead and get a room for both Fri and Sat nights. I would love to room with Leah but I decided I really need to have it to myself. Since the point of it is to get more sleep, I need to not have the temptation of talking all night ( :P ). I may need to sleep in on Saturday and skip part of the conference, and in that case would need to not have someone else coming and going in the room, waking me up before I get up. Annoying, though, because I love rooming with others and Leah would be fun.
Amy Michelle Wiley
Check out my booklet, Bring Your Writing to Life: a writer's guide to "show; don't tell". Buy it here.
My Website, Sparrow's Flight

violin4jesus

Postby violin4jesus » Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:30 am

I'm actually super excited because my writer friend I met here in SoCal last year with Karlene at the OC Christian Writers Conference is going to come!!! :superhappy She lives less than an hour away from Portland now and the ironic thing was we kept trying to hang out while she was still living down here (less than an hour away) but it never worked out, and now that we're hundreds of miles apart we can actually see each other! :lol: She's going to stay with me Friday night. And I think Ryan might actually come up Saturday so he'll probably stay with me then. I get you, Amy - we would probably talk all night! :roll:

Shann you could probably stay with me, too. I'd just borrow some restraints from the hospital before I leave. :lol: Nothing wrong with sleeping in a straight jacket. :mrgreen:

I guess because I'm smart that makes me a nerd-geek. And yes, I did just spend the last hour on YouTube watching David Tennant being hilarious. And Matt Smith (with Amy & Rory) at Comic Con...and other DW related videos...why do they have to be so addicting??? We finished Once Upon A Time tonight - second season is a bit "meh" but still pretty good in my opinion. I think we're going to do Psych next. Ryan has friends who are begging us to get caught up, but I think there's like 9 seasons, and it's an American show, so lots of episodes per season. It'll probably take us several months. 24 did. I never did want to be a big TV addict, so at least Netflix is a reasonable way to watch. We've never had cable, and we can watch things at our leisure and take our time through each different series. I'd like to be more of a people person, though, and host people at our new place. Just got to get stuff organized.

My chiropractor says my back is holding steady and is in much better shape. We actually went three weeks between appointments. I have learned to take it easy when I'm sore, and have been working out more often, so I'm sure that's helped. It certainly is nice to not be in much pain. I've also scheduled a longer massage the day before I leave for Portland, so hopefully it will be a comfortable trip. Thankfully it's a nonstop flight and only two hours. It'll be the driving back the week after from Seattle to LA that will require a little more sitting exercises that they taught me in PT.

Well, I'm going to head off to the gym and work out. Back later to finish my book.

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:52 am

Rebecky wrote:You blink, you miss it.

Hey wow.. I think I went through there once. :heehee

LittleBird, it is a good thing -in that sense- that Sheri isn't going to make it. Could you see getting much sleep with those two for roommates. :lol: (luv ya Red. :mrgreen: )

I know how that fever can get to bug you, mine flashes between 99-101 on a regular base. Summers can feel a real drag if it gets hot out. I am lucky here it never gets too hot, or cold for that matter. :roll:

Shann? You should mark this day on your calander. I am NOT going to pick on you. I am NOT going to say one word about this....

Shann-can from Banana Land wrote:Becky and I are both oddballs too,

Hey you hinted that you wanted a nick name. :mrgreen:

I will say this once for all to hear. There in NOTHING wrong with watching Doctor Who. It does not make you a geek, nerd, or dweeb for watching. Although... if you started building a TARDIS in your spare room I might have to come visit. Just to make sure it works right. :wink:
....JesusPuppy (or just call me Pup) Image

And just for the record, I am a Male.

"I am a writer, I do NOT lie... I fictionalise." JP

"The Lord Bless thee, and keep thee.." Num. 6:24

JesusPuppy Profile

Cypress Times, online Christian news paper.

Shann

Postby Shann » Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:08 am

If you watch shows on BBC, you are a geek.
If you know the difference between Star Wars and Star Trek, you are a geek.
If you play fantasy games, you are a geek.
If Com -Con is on your bucket list or if you have gone, you are a geek.
If the Sci -Fi. Channel is your one of your favorites,Then you are a geek.
If you are older than five and still ride a trike you are an anomaly: an active geek.
If you like Monty Python's Flying Circus you are a geek.
If you don't care if your underwear matches your clothes you haven't been hanging around me enough! :tongue :loveyou :loveyou
Shann

Shann's Profile

Rebecky

Postby Rebecky » Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:20 am

OK... so Shann, have you seen the new Progressive commercial? The one with Flo the Progressive girl and the minions from Despicable Me?

Well, anyway... in the commercial Flo the Progressive Girl does an evil laugh (MUAHAHAHA) and the Minions try to do it to but can't. That's you. You're the minions!!

:tongue :heehee
Dum Spiro Spero

Shann

Postby Shann » Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:34 pm

TAH! I've been called a lot of things, but never a minion! I just can't laugh evilly, though I have a killer look that can be felt from as far as 3,00 miles away! :mrgreen:
Shann

Shann's Profile

PreviousNext

Return to The Water Cooler