To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

A place for general chat (non-writing related). Please keep political discussions to the relevant neighborhood forum.

Moderators: cori67, RedBaron, Shann

Rebecky
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Re: Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

Postby Rebecky » Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:01 pm

I got me a new toy :)

A tablet on sale too! :mrgreen:
Dum Spiro Spero

Shann

Postby Shann » Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:11 pm

I'm not afraid, bring it on! I know you could mess up my diet and send me pounds of vanilla or peanut butter fudge. :mrgreen:
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:27 pm

Re-becky wrote:I got me a new toy :)

A tablet on sale too! :mrgreen:

Was it the full sized tablet or the android? I have a droid and it is way cool. I just use it mainly as a reader but I have surfed a little with it just checking it out. Way cool.

Shann wrote:I'm not afraid, bring it on! I know you could mess up my diet and send me pounds of vanilla or peanut butter fudge.

Oh I have something much better in mind. :wink:
....JesusPuppy (or just call me Pup) Image

And just for the record, I am a Male.

"I am a writer, I do NOT lie... I fictionalise." JP

"The Lord Bless thee, and keep thee.." Num. 6:24

JesusPuppy Profile

Cypress Times, online Christian news paper.

violin4jesus

Postby violin4jesus » Sat Jun 15, 2013 5:06 am

Oh, man, I am so tired after three in a row at work. I slept 10 hours today almost straight, and only woke up because Ryan woke me up. Now I'm sitting on the couch and getting drowsy again. I should get up and go to the gym, or go to the store or something. We need a few things at Walmart anyways, and there should be a 24 hour one around. I know, I know...they're the devil, but they're not as much the devil as other stores and/or companies. :lol:

Only two weeks left until the conference! Hard to believe it's coming up so quickly. Got to get planning on what I'm going to bring with me. Ryan is driving up, so I can have him bring things I don't need for the first few days. Hopefully he'll decide to come up Saturday night and stay with me. Since Shari's not coming, I have a room all to myself, although I'm trying to convince a friend who lives about an hour outside of Portland to come to the conference and stay with me Friday night. I met her when I went to the OC Christian Writers Conference last year.

Then it's off to Seattle to see my niece (and various other family members as well but mostly Kylie). :lol: She just turned 1 and had a busy birthday party. My mom said she made quite the haul.

Well, off to do something productive, or sleep, whichever comes first. :mrgreen:

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Sat Jun 15, 2013 6:21 am

I bet she fell asleep. :mrgreen:

JesusPuppy Profile

violin4jesus

Postby violin4jesus » Sat Jun 15, 2013 9:02 am

JesusPuppy wrote:I bet she fell asleep. :mrgreen:

HA! I didn't. I went to Walmart and got a new hummingbird feeder and a regular bird feeder and seeds. Then I came home and took our old hummingbird feeder and washed it and the new one and filled them with sugar water and hung them up with the bird feeder as well. Except one of them fell because I thought it was on the hook but it wasn't and it lost a lot of the sugar water. And OT is already out there guarding HIS feeder and I'm not sure if he's noticed the new one yet. Probably, and it's confusing him. The advice that Ryan read, though, was that we should put up two feeders if we have a territorial hummingbird. And if he manages to guard both, then we should put up three. :lol: But now I'm definitely tired and don't have the energy to do any more busy work so I took my vitamins and I'm winding down. I bought other stuff at Walmart but I haven't even unpacked it yet. Tomorrow, er, later today I can be productive. :roll:

Rebecky

Postby Rebecky » Sat Jun 15, 2013 1:02 pm

Pup, it's an 8 inch tablet with android Jelly bean :)

Leah, what do you put in your hummingbird feeder? Is it just sugar water or do you dye it or anything else? Mom tries so hard with ours but we never seem to get any hummingbirds. :(
Dum Spiro Spero

RachelM

Postby RachelM » Sun Jun 16, 2013 2:21 am

Hi guys! Leah invited me over for a visit, so I decided to drop in. As much as I would like to read the last 1200 pages of this thread :wink: I decided that I had to consider the time factor and I went back and read the last 5. You all seem to know each other so well. Jumping in like this feels a little awkward, but I'll get over it. :D
My FaithWriters profile: RachelM FW member profile

Rebecky

Postby Rebecky » Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:18 am

Welcome! Just jump right in and tell us about yourself and you won't feel awkward before you know it! :-)
Dum Spiro Spero

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:22 am

Hello again Rachel, and welcome to our little group. You should never be afraid to be yourself around here, just ask Shann she'll tell you all about it. Besides I am the weirdest one here, and I am Okay.. No, really, I am. (Becky quit laughing)

One of these days when you are really bored and want a good laugh, you really should go to the beginning of this, or any of the really old threads. You would have loved being around, waaaaay back when.. just a few years ago. Now there was some goofy fun.

Oh, by the way, you wouldn't happen to have a family pic to share, would you? I had six kids in my family as well, but I am sure your kids are a whole lot better than we were. :mrgreen:

Rebecky wrote:Pup, it's an 8 inch tablet with android Jelly bean :)

Sounds cool. Mine is a little 5 inch job. But it has it's own case with Keyboad, I like it. :D I just use it for the book reader.

Little Bird, how are you holding up?

Hum... and where is Bubbles?

JesusPuppy Profile

Shann

Postby Shann » Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:03 pm

I'm not afraid,Pup, bring it on! I know--you could mess up my diet and send me pounds of vanilla or peanut butter fudge. :mrgreen:

(This was on computer but apparently never got submitted, so I'm doing it now.) You guys have been quite chatty of late which is super cool cuz I miss the chattiness me being so shy and all. :mrgreen: Then as I scanned back I see it was on there so now I'll use it as a hint!

Hi Rachael! I'm so delighted Leah told you to pop in. (We won't mention how we torture her so she went looking for some back-up.) We used to play a question game where we would take turns being in the hot seat for a few days and different people would ask all kinds of questions (which explains why everyone here knows that I'm a tad compulsive about my undergarments matching my outer garments) I won't force you into the hot seat as I don't want to scare you off just yet.

Pup, Jay and sometimes Tim are our resident males and take a beating from time to time. Pretty much everyone (BUT ME and no I'm not bitter at all anymore) has a goofy nickname so it may be confusing who is who. I think even some of them forget their own nicknames.

We do have fun and we do tend to tease each other, but we are also fiercely loyal and protective. We love to welcome newcomers Our group has died down in steady regulars lately since many people actually have a life and go out and do things.

Leah, I'm glad you were able to work three nights in a row, even though you're tired now. At least you'll have lots of money and didn't get put on standby. I used to really enjoy the 12 hour nights, but of course if it was quiet it was awful. It's a small hospital too so I could have had four or five labor patients all to myself and run myself ragged or it would be so slow. For the most part being slow is harder than being busy for me.

Cool that you got a tablet Becky. I really love mine. I use it quite a bit. There are so many cool free apps. I play Word with Amy, Becky, Jay, and Tim on it a lot. I also watch a lot of TV on it. The last time I was in the hospital, I saved myself like $60 because the TV is like $5 a day. It worked well and because they have free wi-fi I was able to do a lot. I thought I would do more reading on it, but my favorite place to read is in the tub and that's not the best place for electronics, or so my hubby tells me.
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

Shann

Postby Shann » Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:04 pm

Oh and just for you PUP (i wanted to give you a post all for yourself so that you won't say I'm just picking on you!)HI :tongue
Shann

Shann's Profile

RachelM

Postby RachelM » Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:18 am

JesusPuppy wrote:Oh, by the way, you wouldn't happen to have a family pic to share, would you? I had six kids in my family as well, but I am sure your kids are a whole lot better than we were.

Here is a recent picture of my kiddos. My oldest daughter is 13, then I have an 11 yo daughter, 9 yo twin boys and then my youngest boys are 4 and 1. They're pretty great kids, but they have their moments. :)

Shann wrote:Hi Rachael! I'm so delighted Leah told you to pop in. (We won't mention how we torture her so she went looking for some back-up.) We used to play a question game where we would take turns being in the hot seat for a few days and different people would ask all kinds of questions (which explains why everyone here knows that I'm a tad compulsive about my undergarments matching my outer garments) I won't force you into the hot seat as I don't want to scare you off just yet.

Hi Shann! Feel free to ask questions. Sounds like fun. :D I think that it's very cool that you guys have so much fun together!
Attachments
IMG_0370[1]small.jpg
IMG_0370[1]small.jpg (207.53 KiB) Viewed 595 times
My FaithWriters profile: RachelM FW member profile

Shann

Postby Shann » Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:51 am

Oh what a beautiful family. I'd show mine, but all that computer stuff is over my head which Is one of the reasons I fell in love with a computer geek. Otherwise I'd have had to marry a glass repairman to fixed all The windows when I throw The computer through them. Computers and I have a tenuous relationship.

I know the challenge authors are supposed to be anonymous until judging is over, but I'm pretty sure I read your story today. If it's the one I'm thinking of it's quite beautiful. There haven't been many comments left at all This week so don't let that discourage you. Do you know about the brick tossing thread? Once the judges are done, Deb gives an all clear and you can leave a link to your story and get more feedback.

I have three kids, M(Emily ) is 28and just got married in October. Then Q (Quinten ) is 22 and is at Duke studying for his Masters in Divinity. He is now a candidate for ordination into the United Methodist Church. (Did I tell you all he messed up his knee?)
Lydia or Lyd is the baby at 19. She finished first year of college to become a teacher. She is working at school this summer, and then in Fall, is going to study in Ireland for a semester.
:superhappy
Shann

Shann's Profile

DJGray
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)

Postby DJGray » Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:00 am

Greetings all. Shann said I had to become a part of the Pacific Coasters, or she would have my membership revoked. Since I've been here only a week, that seemed premature, so I decided I'd better comply.

Shann wrote:Pup, Jay and sometimes Tim are our resident males and take a beating from time to time.

I guess my presence can help raise the testosterone level a bit too. I do work more than full-time too, so my presence will be pretty hit-n-miss as we go.

In keeping with the Pacific Coast theme, I'm about as far North and West as you can be and still be in the Continental US. I'm on Bellingham Bay, and could throw a rock into Canada from my back deck. It's a beautiful place to live, especially having been born and raised in Kansas. I still love Kansas and understand more than most that it has a beauty all its own, but man, I'd be hard pressed to find a spot on Earth more beautiful than Whatcom County in Washington State.

PreviousNext

Return to The Water Cooler