To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

A place for general chat (non-writing related). Please keep political discussions to the relevant neighborhood forum.

Moderators: cori67, RedBaron, Shann

violin4jesus
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Re: Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

Postby violin4jesus » Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:03 am

I have Skype and ON MY PHONE even, so we can pass you around, Becky. And we can have Shann up at the same time on someone else's device, so we can have a grand ol' Rest-Stop party. :D

Well, it's payday...hallelujah! We didn't drown ourselves in too much debt by putting everything on the credit card for two weeks. :? Now I've got to calculate all the bills, but it shouldn't be too bad. Now that I'm getting used to making bread, I'm going to keep that habit going. And still try to cook more at home to save money. Definitely need to book my room for the conference, though.

I hung out with my writer friend the other day and we talked all night again. She really encouraged me to write my original novel idea which I abandoned when I met Ryan and we started dating in November of '08. She said it sounds interesting and I should pull it out again to really look at it. I still want to write the one I started last year, too, because I think it's interesting. Anyways, it was a good kick in the rear to jumpstart my writing again. Also I think the conference will inspire me. Usually does. :wink:

Ack! Benadryl kicking in, and can hardly keep my eyes open. Hope y'all are having a good start to the weekend.

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:06 am

I think someone tried that once, can't for the life of me remember how it went though. :roll:
....JesusPuppy (or just call me Pup) Image

And just for the record, I am a Male.

"I am a writer, I do NOT lie... I fictionalise." JP

"The Lord Bless thee, and keep thee.." Num. 6:24

JesusPuppy Profile

Cypress Times, online Christian news paper.

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:44 am

Well... not quite 24 hours, but still. :?

JesusPuppy Profile

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:22 am

:(

JesusPuppy Profile

deejay

Postby deejay » Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:04 pm

Things are getting crazy in my neighborhood. Saturday morning we heard a couple cars racing down the street that crosses ours, then we heard a pop. Two of my roomies, Becky and Cookie, have the front bedroom and a big window, and saw the cars blow through the stop sign; the first car was followed by a van, and they saw the side door of the van open. A guy leaned out and fired a gun--the pop we heard--at the car. I don't think anyone was hurt. We expected to hear sirens but didn't. Bad enough our internet connection was hacked into so Becky has to deal with a slower than normal connection, but the Wi-Fi had to be turned off, so I no longer can connect at home. Back to the library. There have been so many sirens roaring down the streets lately, it wouldn't surprise me if city living were part of the reason I have high blood pressure--I know heredity is part of it too. But the piece of land I was watching in the Antelope Valley is no longer listed; it was on for three years, and every year the price was dropped by 10%. So I guess the owners had it taken off the market. I have to wait until late July to check the county assessor's site to see if it sold or not. That's when they make their changes/updates.

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:23 am

Looking for a home, or just wishful dreaming?

Ok I better start praying for everyone, Amy is out and now Shann is without comments. Leah is working too much (I know she needs it) just to get by on, and probably is taking the rest of her time for sleep. Becky is hiding out ( Iknow you are watching) and not speaking to me. Terror hasn't made an appearence in some time, maybe she will drop by....

Oh and Leah... Sheri was talking about the Skpy-thingy as well, now that she knows she wont be able to go. Check the Conference thread.

JesusPuppy Profile

violin4jesus

Postby violin4jesus » Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:58 am

I saw, and I was bummed, because she was going to be my roomie, and now I won't have one. :?

Yes, working a lot, but also flitting about doing stuff as well. I made cupcakes this morning because we have a traveler that is doing her last night tonight, and I wanted to try the recipe. I made chocolate cake, but both chocolate and vanilla frosting. The vanilla frosting was not stiff enough and melted over the top of the cupcakes, but it tastes good, so what can you do? Just move on with melted frosting. :lol: They aren't the best tasting cupcakes, but no worse than store-bought, and both gluten-free and vegan. Score!

I'm also laughing at our resident hummingbird, O.T. We call him OT because he is obsessively territorial. He perches on a branch on the maple tree near the feeder ALL DAY LONG and chases away any other bird that comes to feed. :roll: Ryan said he was perched there from at least 10am to 4pm yesterday, and I saw him at 5:30am today.

And I need to put chicken in the crock and go to bed. Night, all.

Rebecky

Postby Rebecky » Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:25 am

JesusPuppy wrote:Becky is hiding out ( Iknow you are watching) and not speaking to me.

what? Me? Not talk to the puppy dawg? :o

:tongue

btw- pray for a sensitive issue... long story short we're having a bday party/family reunion in June and a couple of my cousins who have bullied me my whole life will be there. the one cousin is the one who didn't invite us to her wedding knowing it would hurt us/me if she didn't. She even lied about why we weren't invited that we were but it was an oversight but then told my dad we weren't invited cause she doesn't really know us, but yet she invited my dad's brother and his family and they live further away. Anyway, it's going to be hard and I'll probably avoid them.

luckily my best friend and her boyfriend are coming for a bit so i'll have someone on my side.
Dum Spiro Spero

jaybird
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Postby jaybird » Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:22 pm

Pup forgot jaybird! :( I'm gonna peck you! :lol: It's ok dawg, I will just eat worms (this jay eats meat). You're still a good pup, nonetheless.

Doing well after my surgery except at the end of the sutures, which is acting up.
I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. Philippians 4:13

"Why sweat the small stuff when it's really not a big stink" - my quote

http://www.journalhome.com/ThingsToShare/

Shann

Postby Shann » Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:24 pm

srashmi wrote:Haven't fallen of the planet (not that any of you might be wondering or anything). Been super busy. Sent the monkeys home last week, so that frees up a little bit of time. :roll:

I just bought a plane ticket to someplace called "Oregon." Heard about a gathering of a group
of strange writer-type folks. Thought I'd lurk around there and maybe meet some of them. :lol:

YAY!!! HAPPY DANCE!!! I've missed you so much and have been worried about you. Usually even when you don't talk but lurk in the background, I can still feel your presence but lately I haven't so I started worrying that maybe you left us forever. :D :superhappy

So glad you're going to that strange world called Oregon, but be careful I hear there are all kinds of nuts there~ :tongue I so wish I could go, but the panic attacks in Florida were too much for me. I did manage to go to Bible Study though which I think is only the second time I've left the house since returning from vacation. :?

This week has been really tough both physically and emotionally. The pain has been off the charts and I haven't done much but lay around all day. Then (plug your ears or cover your eyes, guys) I was doing my monthly breast exam and noticed a dark brown almost black discharge. Of course it was over the weekend, but it totally freaked me out. I haven't had a mammogram ever, so it lit a fire under me about the importance of it. But because I was so freaked, Chris did a google search and discovered that is rarely a symptom of cancer (it could be but without pain and a lump it's unlikely) then he discovered one of the top reasons is a side effect of Flexeril, which I've been taking pretty much around the clock the past couple of weeks. Still first thing Monday I called and made an appointment. So on Thursday I have to see the neurologist again and it will be at least a two hour appointment and the mammogram is on Friday and tomorrow I might have lunch in the city with Q>

Then Q called and while doing a bonding exercise with the staff at camp ( a mud walk) he jumped into a puddle and wrecked his knee. He can't put any weight on it and is trying to get in to see an ortho, but he has his meeting with the Church conference tomorrow so he is flying in late tonight and his interview is tomorrow morning in the city so he is staying there with a friend, but I'm hoping if I can to catch a ride to Rochester with in-laws to have lunch with him. I'm already stressed about my 2 appointments and can't sleep so not sure if I'll be able to handle the long drive especially knowing on Thursday I'll have another long drive to neuro. But keep Q in prayers please, if all goes well tomorrow he will be an official candidate for ordination in the United Methodist Church.

Barb it's also so nice to have you pop in. I miss you too when you're not around. I think you should go to the conference! I know you want to be there for your mom but when will the results come in? If something does go wrong, you can always fly back and probably be there in just a few hours. You so need to do something just for you because I know how stressful work is and it's not always easy dealing with family. Go for it! I bet Leah would be delighted to have you share a room. I didn't know that Shari wasn't going.

Also Leah, Amy was thinking about getting a room for one night just to make it easier on her body. You should contact her and see if she would be interested.

I hope you have fun at the wedding Becky and the family drama won't even be an issue.

Oh Barb, I think we should try to meet up in NC some time. If Q ripped out his ACL, he'll need surgery so somehow I'll have to muster up the courage to go down there and be with him for at least a few days. He is in Durham where is your niece at?

Jay it's also nice to see you back on the boards. I'm glad things went okay with the surgery. I can't remember if I even knew you were having surgery my brain has been so muddled lately. When you say the sutures are acting up, do you mean they're red or that gunk is oozing out or they are coming unloose? Has a medical professional checked them out? Okay no more hounding you, I'll leave that to Pup--get it HOUNDing=Pup? :lol:
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

Shann

Postby Shann » Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:26 pm

BTW I can't believe it was 9 whole days since I commented. I guess I've been more out of it than I thought. I'm really sorry guys. I love you all so much and don't know what I would do without you all in my life!
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

deejay

Postby deejay » Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:59 pm

JesusPuppy wrote:Looking for a home, or just wishful dreaming?

Ok I better start praying for everyone, Amy is out and now Shann is without comments. Leah is working too much (I know she needs it) just to get by on, and probably is taking the rest of her time for sleep. Becky is hiding out ( Iknow you are watching) and not speaking to me. Terror hasn't made an appearence in some time, maybe she will drop by....

Oh and Leah... Sheri was talking about the Skpy-thingy as well, now that she knows she wont be able to go. Check the Conference thread.

Pretty much wishful dreaming, though I do have a photocopy of the houseplan I want.

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:52 am

Yeah.. I have actual blue-prints for a castle I want to build in Panama, but I really don't think it will happen. :wink:

Jay I didn't purposely leave you out. Last I heard you were doing good, but my brain is "Kind of" going. I knew to pray for the latest surgery, but didn't know there were complication. Are the sutures coming undone or is it an abnormal infection building around it?

Shann wrote:Okay no more hounding you, I'll leave that to Pup--get it HOUNDing=Pup?

Notice how.. after such an absence.. Shann's only comment toward me is a joke about me name...? Bad Shann.. Bad. :fingerwag

And Kiddo, you should show up late and give them a really good excuse for not showing up for the reunion... like you had to stay home to paint your toe nails. Oh and be sure to wear combat boots, so they can't see what color your nails are. :mrgreen:

JesusPuppy Profile

Shann

Postby Shann » Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:57 pm

JesusPuppy wrote:Yeah.. I have actual blue-prints for a castle I want to build in Panama, but I really don't think it will happen. :wink:

Jay I didn't purposely leave you out. Last I heard you were doing good, but my brain is "Kind of" going. I knew to pray for the latest surgery, but didn't know there were complication. Are the sutures coming undone or is it an abnormal infection building around it?

Shann wrote:Okay no more hounding you, I'll leave that to Pup--get it HOUNDing=Pup?

Notice how.. after such an absence.. Shann's only comment toward me is a joke about me name...? Bad Shann.. Bad. :fingerwag

And Kiddo, you should show up late and give them a really good excuse for not showing up for the reunion... like you had to stay home to paint your toe nails. Oh and be sure to wear combat boots, so they can't see what color your nails are. :mrgreen:

Well I mentioned you in my comment to Seema too about there being nuts in Oregon! :tongue
Shann

Shann's Profile

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:41 am

I saw that. I figured, "Who else does she know in Oregon, must be calling me a nut." But I didn't complain, I am use to it now. Maybe I am getting old. :roll:

..or thinking up a really good way to get back at you. :wink:

JesusPuppy Profile

PreviousNext

Return to The Water Cooler