To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

The Neverending Story

If Fiction is your forte, this is the forum for you. This is the place to share information and get help on the road to writing the next great novel.

Moderators: Sparrow, RedBaron, itsjoanne

deejay
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Re: The Neverending Story

Postby deejay » Wed Jun 05, 2013 5:40 pm

"Forgive me. I was really foolish and shouldn't have done that." Zander thought for a moment, then remembered something. "Someone once told me that fairy tales were a kind of code--older women used them to teach younger women about the realities of life in a male-dominated society." Sophia looked interested. "Really?" she asked. "If you promise not to indulge in silliness again, I'd like to hear the most popular one of your fairy tales." Zander held up his right hand. " I promise. The most popular one--which I understand has hundreds of versions among nearly every people group on Earth--is the story of Cinderella."

tomoral

Postby tomoral » Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:10 pm

Zander thought for a moment and then said, "Well, Cinderella was a beautiful girl who lived with her wicked step mother and two step sisters who were jealous of Cinderella's beauty. Cinderella was forced to scrub the floors and sweep cinders from all the fireplaces in the big house they all lived in, hence then name Cinderella.

She was forced to live in the basement and wear rags. One day, a charming prince came to the door looking for a wife. He didn't like the two ugly step sisters at all, but when Cinderella offered him tea, he looked into her eyes and knew she was the one. He asked her to the ball that night."

To be continued by the next writer because that's all I can remember!......... :lol:
God Bless the beasts and the children
Give them shelter from the storms.
Children are our tomorrow
Keep them daily from the sorrow
Of the beasts in life

http://www.faithwriters.com/websites/my ... p?id=57394

deejay

Postby deejay » Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:17 pm

Zander interrupted himself. "Sorry, I just realized that last part was a mistake. One day Cinderella's stepmother and stepsisters were invited to a royal ball. Cinderella was also invited, but her stepsisters deliberately kept her so busy making them clothes and doing their hair for the ball she had no time to prepare herself. So she was forced to stay home. But her fairy godmother heard her crying in the garden, and appeared to her, asking what was the matter. Then the fairy godmother worked her magic to give Cinderella a beautiful gown, shoes of glass, and she even turned a pumpkin into a fine coach, mice into horses, lizards into footmen, and a rat into a coachman. So she went to the ball, caught the eye of the prince, and danced with him for hours. But her fairy godmother had warned her to return before midnight, or all would be as it was before. The clock began to strike, and Cinderella, remembering the warning, ran away, the prince in hot pursuit. But she dropped one of her glass slippers; the prince picked it up and kept it. By the time she reached the coach, it, the horses, footmen and coachman had reverted to a pumpkin, mice, lizards and a rat, and her gown was rags. So she ran home with the other glass slipper in her pocket. (continued next post)

deejay

Postby deejay » Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:27 pm

(continued from last post) "Shortly after Cinderella got home, her stepmother and stepsisters came home, telling her what a gorgeous young woman had attended and danced with the prince. Nobody knew who she was, and when the clock began to strike midnight, she ran away and wasn't seen again. The next day, the king announced that whoever could fit into the glass slipper would marry the prince, provided they could prove they owned the other slipper. The king's servants went throughout the city and kingdom, but they failed to find the slipper's owner. Then they came to Cinderella's home, and of course her stepsisters' feet were too big to fit into the slipper. Since theirs was the last house, the stepmother was asked if she had any other daughters. After much hemming and hawing, she finally admitted that their scullery maid was present, but hadn't been to the ball. The servant then said they had to try the slipper on every maiden, no matter who she might be. Cinderella was summoned, and she had the other slipper in her apron pocket. The slipper fitted perfectly, and when she brought out the other slipper and put it on, the fairy godmother appeared. With a wave of her wand, Cinderella's rags became the ball gown she'd worn the night before, and her stepmother and stepsisters were in shock. Cinderella went to marry the prince, and lived happily ever after, but her stepsisters married mean men, and were miserable the rest of their lives. The End."

iRoswell
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)

Postby iRoswell » Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:39 pm

Sophia stands up smiling and says, "what an amazing story! I've never heard of such a thing. You are a great storyteller and I can't wait to hear another one."

Zander also stands. "Thank you for your kind words."

At that very moment, a small field mouse scurries in. "I have important information for Lady Sophia," he says.

"Speak rodent," she replies. The little mouse clears his throat and says...
"Reality doesn't care if you believe in it."
Boba Fett

deejay

Postby deejay » Mon Jun 24, 2013 4:57 pm

"Barkivania has been completely defeated. The king is returning in triumph with his son who disappeared when he touched the feather. All are safe. King Antonio wanted you to be the first to know that the kingdom is safe."

Queen Sophia let out a shout of joy. "We are safe! Barkivania has been defeated--my husband and son are coming home! Go forth, rodent, and spread the glad tidings of victory!"

As the sub-palace erupted into cheering and singing songs of joy and gladness, Zander wondered if he would be able to go home soon.

(btw--the Cinderella story site is http://www.surlalunefairytales.com --enjoy!)

Previous

Return to Fiction Forum