To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

A place for general chat (non-writing related). Please keep political discussions to the relevant neighborhood forum.

Moderators: cori67, RedBaron, Shann

Ms. Barbie
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Re: Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

Postby Ms. Barbie » Sun Jun 02, 2013 4:43 am

Did not anyone read the monthly newsletter that Faithwriter's puts out on the first of every month??? Let me see if I can do a link from here.

I cannot do a link, but here is the excerpt:
Portland Oregon Conference

The winner of our drawing for a refunded registration fee goes to Jesus Puppy.
Last edited by Ms. Barbie on Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Barb Culler

violin4jesus

Postby violin4jesus » Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:28 am

Yay for Pup! That must be a nice blessing.

Deejay, I've been watching Call the Midwife on watch-tvseries.net (which is also where we're watching Doctor Who). It's 8 episodes, which is 2 more than the first season. BBC shows have fewer episodes than American shows and they have fewer channels in general as well. I think it leads to better shows, because they put more thought into the writing and editing.

Obviously I am here but it's because they put me on standby again. And it's now 5:20am, so I'm probably not going in. Thankfully I will work the next two nights. Can't afford to keep losing hours like this. :? It's because of the travelers again. If I'm scheduled the same night there's two or more of them, their contract limits their cut hours, so I get the cut rather than them. Unfortunately I also can't see when they'll be working so as to arrange my schedule on days they'll be off. It's frustrating. I realize we need them when we're busy but when we're not it hurts us regular staff. So I have to arrange my vacations to limit my time off so I can save up PTO, just for days I get cut without requesting.

I did some cooking and baking tonight, and last night too. Trying to keep the eating out budget at a minimum at least until I get paid next week. It's good to try new recipes, though. Some are great, others meh, but at least the more I experiment, the better I get.

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:06 pm

Hey now, I paid fair and square. :? I didn't know anything about that drawing. :roll: What, are they trying to make me feel bad? :oops: It must have been rigged, someone should complain. :shock:

OOOOhhh Becky. How would you like to do me a favor? :wink:
Last edited by JesusPuppy on Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
....JesusPuppy (or just call me Pup) Image

And just for the record, I am a Male.

"I am a writer, I do NOT lie... I fictionalise." JP

"The Lord Bless thee, and keep thee.." Num. 6:24

JesusPuppy Profile

Cypress Times, online Christian news paper.

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:33 pm

deejay wrote:Man, are TV seasons shorter in the UK! It seemed as if the season had just started and now all of a sudden it's over. :x

Ya... way to short. Their are a few shows that only have 3-6 shows a season, most are about 10, then make you wait the whole year before they show new ones. At least Doctor Who has 13 + specials, and they break it up a little time-wise through the year.

Then too.... I can remember when.. :lol: you could sometimes get a show every week through the whole year, not just their dumb season stuff they have now. Every Saturday night at 7:30 I could turn on the TV and watch Doctor Who. (and contrary to what Leah would tell you.. :tongue It was GREAT!)

And Shann..?

Shann wrote:Well maybe you should so we can congratulate you. Ever think of that, huh? :tongue Don't even think of saying what I know you're thinking of saying, but you'd better not be thinking about saying it since I warned you not to even think of saying it, let alone of actually saying it. :fingerwag :pirate2

Just so you know, that I know... you know.. I didn't say a word. :?

But I sure thought of a couple. :tongue

JesusPuppy Profile

Rebecky

Postby Rebecky » Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:54 pm

JesusPuppy wrote:OOOOhhh Becky. How would you like to do me a favor? :wink:

favor? What favor? :P
Dum Spiro Spero

Shann

Postby Shann » Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:48 pm

Ms. Barbie wrote:Did not anyone read the monthly newsletter that Faithwriter's puts out on the first of every month??? Let me see if I can do a link from here.

I cannot do a link, but here is the excerpt:
Portland Oregon Conference

The winner of our drawing for a refunded registration fee goes to Jesus Puppy.

Oh cool! I didn't get mine this month. I didn't think about it until just now though. So he gets a free conference? I'm doing my happy dance!!! Now you have extra money to make fudge for people who wish they could go to the conference but are afraid they might have a panic attack in the airport causing the TSA agents to taze them and tackle them to the ground, even though they would go with their FIl who may just happen to have a thick accent and gets targeted every time he travels so the agents would also tackle him and taze him while this other hypothetical person is rocking back and forth and screaming "I want my mommy!" But I won't even go into how crazy it might make that person look if the TSA people knew that potentially their Mommy passed away almost 2 decades ago.

Oh and Pup I warned you about thinking!
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

Shann

Postby Shann » Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:49 pm

Rebecky wrote:

I don't know if I would trust him Becky he can be a slippery one!
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

deejay

Postby deejay » Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:52 pm

I'm beginning to wonder just how efficient the TSA is in stopping terrorism. I'm starting to remember an old anti-war protest song from the 60s--"Hey, hey, LBJ, how many kids did you kill today?"--referring to the average age of 19 of Vietnam War soldiers. Only I'd revise it to "Hey, hey, TSA, how many crooks did you catch today?" (Terrorist wouldn't fit, and that's all I could think of.)
Seriously, making handicapped and elderly people in dignity panties (aka adult diapers) take them off for inspection, feeling up little kids--there has to be a better way.

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:28 pm

Shann wrote:Pup I warned you about thinking!

I don't even like thinking, most time, it waste too many brain cells. :wink:

JesusPuppy Profile

Shann

Postby Shann » Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:29 pm

Yeah that must be my problem, I think too much!
Shann

Shann's Profile

srashmi

Postby srashmi » Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:03 am

Haven't fallen of the planet (not that any of you might be wondering or anything). Been super busy. Sent the monkeys home last week, so that frees up a little bit of time. :roll:

I just bought a plane ticket to someplace called "Oregon." Heard about a gathering of a group
of strange writer-type folks. Thought I'd lurk around there and maybe meet some of them. :lol:

Ms. Barbie

Postby Ms. Barbie » Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:58 am

Yay for you, Seema!

I wished now that I was going. However, I don't want to be far away from my mom as she has no one else to call on should something come up. She is supposed to get results this afternoon from breast biopsy she had last week.( The same goes for visiting my family in North Carolina.)
Barb Culler

Rebecky

Postby Rebecky » Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:28 am

Rebecky wrote:

OK well since i'm being ignored. Never mind.
Dum Spiro Spero

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:55 pm

You weren't being ignored, Shann told you not to pay any attention to me. And I haven't been doing well this week, pulled something in my back, so sitting has not been much fun. Doing better now but still bothering me.

As to the favor.... :mrgreen: I thought that was obvious in the statement. I wanted you to write in and tell them I was complaining. :wink:

Seema, great to hear you will make it. Oh wait.. you aren't another of those chocolate loving people are you? :mrgreen:

JesusPuppy Profile

Rebecky

Postby Rebecky » Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:28 am

Well I'd take your free conference and go in your place, Puppy but my friend is getting married that day and I'm in the wedding.

So while you guys are having fun, I'll be in shoes with heels designed to torment and a dress that will probably make me sweaty cause it's summer time and hot out... blah blah. :tongue

BUT, I have a cool idea.

I don't know if any of you have skype maybe we could work in a way to have a video chat while you guys are all there. I don't know if Amy has it or not, and if it would work out. But it'd be kinda cool. Anyway, Just an idea. :mrgreen:
Dum Spiro Spero

PreviousNext

Return to The Water Cooler