To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

A place for general chat (non-writing related). Please keep political discussions to the relevant neighborhood forum.

Moderators: cori67, RedBaron, Shann

JesusPuppy
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Re: Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

Postby JesusPuppy » Fri May 31, 2013 12:24 am

Yeah... but then you would have to come to the conference to get it, which would mean leaving your comfort zone, which would cause you having major panic attacks, which you would then blame me for, which would make me public enemy number one....

See, terrible. :roll:
....JesusPuppy (or just call me Pup) Image

And just for the record, I am a Male.

"I am a writer, I do NOT lie... I fictionalise." JP

"The Lord Bless thee, and keep thee.." Num. 6:24

JesusPuppy Profile

Cypress Times, online Christian news paper.

Shann

Postby Shann » Fri May 31, 2013 3:26 am

Yeah that's probably true.. plus I don't like chocolate and I'm trying to lose weight I gained back but fudge sounds so good
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

violin4jesus

Postby violin4jesus » Fri May 31, 2013 6:11 am

Thanks, Pup! I'm excited to try your experiment. :D I'm always pinning recipes to try, and then I modify them as needed depending on what's in my kitchen.

Sorry I've been off. Working and all that jazz. I went to Weight Watchers last night and made a resolution to give it another solid shot. I'm apprehensive, fearing that it won't work, but how will I know unless I try? I'm trying to hit the gym at least twice a week, and take a walk or something one remaining day a week. And I'm going to track everything even if I go over my allotted points.

Finished Season 6 of the Doctor. There's a site that Laury pointed me to which lets you watch current episodes of TV shows, so we're going to see if that gets us through Season 7. :roll: Great. Now we're addicted. :lol: We're also out of a Netflix show so have to find another good series after we finish the last season. Any suggestions? Seems the British shows are way better, but they have so few episodes.

Not much else to say. I'm pretty tired; last two nights were very busy and steady. Had nice deliveries, though.

Hope y'all are doing well.

Shann

Postby Shann » Fri May 31, 2013 6:37 am

So I entered the challenge this week for the first time in a while. Anyone else enter? I need to work on my testimony story too. When they first announced that the deadline was in July, it seemed so far away, but now it's just around the corner. Since I'll probably never get everyone to enter the challenge at the same time, maybe I can get ya all to enter the testimony contest. Seriously how cool would it be if we were all in the same book.

I know a lot of you have awesome faith stories. I'll even help by proofing it for you. Come on, how about making me happy. After all I'm already being deprived of fudge. Please... who's in?

Me
Amy
Anyone else?
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

Allison

Postby Allison » Fri May 31, 2013 11:06 pm

:) Thanks, Shann!

To anyone who has heard about storms/tornadoes in the St. Louis/St. Charles area, I am fine. The power flickered a bit, and there are a few small limbs down in the yard, but no damage. My family and I are all fine.
Isaiah 40:30-31 (NIV)

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Sat Jun 01, 2013 2:29 am

Praise the Lord, Shortstuff. I saw that on the news at the coffee shop downtown, and was wondering about you. Growing up in the mid-west I remember those storm. Then too I was the nut going out to find the silly things. :mrgreen:

violin4jesus wrote:Finished Season 6 of the Doctor. There's a site that Laury pointed me to which lets you watch current episodes of TV shows, so we're going to see if that gets us through Season 7. :roll: Great. Now we're addicted. :lol:

:sorry

But just think, it will give you something more to do. You will soon be looking for all the old ones. :lol:

JesusPuppy Profile

violin4jesus

Postby violin4jesus » Sat Jun 01, 2013 2:54 am

JesusPuppy wrote: :sorry

But just think, it will give you something more to do. You will soon be looking for all the old ones. :lol:

Not a chance! :roll: Remember, I used to half watch them with my mom. Talk about :sleep
That's what keeps the new ones interesting...it doesn't take 10 minutes to get through one scene of dialogue. :lol:

We went to the beach for a nice walk tonight and then out to dinner. I haven't decided if I'm going to hit the gym tonight, although it would be good for me. :roll: It was surprisingly crowded when I went last night - at MIDNIGHT!

Going to have to pay for my room next week when I get paid. Still no word of any roommates, since Shari's still up in the air about coming. I know it will be an amazing conference, but I will surely miss all the familiar faces we used to see in Michigan. This is the only time most of us see each other - the once a year conference. But it will be good to meet some people I haven't yet met in person.

Hope y'all are having a good start to the weekend. I work the next three, so no pouting, Pup. I won't have time to get on here even if I wanted to. :tongue

Ms. Barbie

Postby Ms. Barbie » Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:21 am

CONGRATS TO PUP! Could not have happened to a more deserving person. :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :superhappy :superhappy :superhappy :superhappy :superhappy :superhappy :superhappy :superhappy :superhappy :superhappy :superhappy :superhappy :superhappy :superhappy :superhappy :superhappy :superhappy :superhappy :superhappy

Glad you are safe, Allison!
Barb Culler

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Sat Jun 01, 2013 5:48 pm

Huh? What? What did I do this time? :shock:

JesusPuppy Profile

Shann

Postby Shann » Sat Jun 01, 2013 5:52 pm

I think she saw my congratulations to Allison and thought it was for you because I started the post off with chastising you and then went on to congratulate Allison. :mrgreen:
Shann

Shann's Profile

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Sat Jun 01, 2013 6:09 pm

Well, now I am going to be confused all day trying to figure it out. I havent entered anything in a while.

BARB! Explain yourself young lady.

JesusPuppy Profile

Shann

Postby Shann » Sat Jun 01, 2013 6:26 pm

Well maybe you should so we can congratulate you. Ever think of that, huh? :tongue Don't even think of saying what I know you're thinking of saying, but you'd better not be thinking about saying it since I warned you not to even think of saying it, let alone of actually saying it. :fingerwag :pirate2
Shann

Shann's Profile

deejay

Postby deejay » Sat Jun 01, 2013 6:45 pm

What bugs me is a couple weeks ago was the season finale of Call the Midwife, and I didn't see any announcement that the season was over. Man, are TV seasons shorter in the UK! It seemed as if the season had just started and now all of a sudden it's over. :x

Shann

Postby Shann » Sat Jun 01, 2013 6:53 pm

I watched the first few episodes of that show but stopped because it was on at the same time as another show we liked.
Shann

Shann's Profile

Rebecky

Postby Rebecky » Sat Jun 01, 2013 6:55 pm

It's probably like Sherlock, they only have 3 episodes a "series"/season and they're an hour and a half long.

Oh and you can watch that show's season 2 on the PBS website. http://www.pbs.org/call-the-midwife/home/
Dum Spiro Spero

PreviousNext

Return to The Water Cooler