To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

I'm Looking for Critique Partners

If Fiction is your forte, this is the forum for you. This is the place to share information and get help on the road to writing the next great novel.

Moderators: Sparrow, RedBaron, itsjoanne

Bluecloud
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

I'm Looking for Critique Partners

Postby Bluecloud » Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:23 am

For anyone who is truly willing and interested I am looking for critique partners for my story. My WIP has 15 chapters so far that deals with a battle against good and evil. Genres included are suspense, horror, mystery, and romance with Christian elements blended.

My reading and writing interest is romance, suspense, fantasy, action, drama, adventure, soft sci-fi, horror, and comedy. I am a fiction writer only so I'm not familiar with the art of memoirs or nonfiction, so I will not be able to critique worthy quality in that department. I write everything in third pov since that's my comfort area. Like many Christian writers, I do not cuss in my writing or write erotica.

I am serious about getting published and I'm experienced with critiquing but I am not an expert ...I'll be honest. When I critique, I like to look at plot, characterization, descriptions, possible pov issues, grammar issues, or anything else that I think could use some improvement. As a critique writer, I do try to the best in my ability to help because in exchange I expect the same. I love to help other writers move forward with their work, and in return I appreciate that same encouragement and support. I would prefer work exchange through email, regular feedback if possible and I can do the same.

If anyone believes we would truly make a good partnership than please message me. Also, if there are any questions or concerns then please don’t hesitate to ask.

God Bless

abbycraig
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Re: I'm Looking for Critique Partners

Postby abbycraig » Thu May 23, 2013 11:40 am

Just wondering if you had any takers or interest for critique partners? I too am looking for a critique partner for my manuscripts and haven't been able to find someone so far. :|
I write mostly Contemporary Christian Romance though my reading interests are broad. Your post piqued my interest because we seem to have similar tastes in what we read and write.
I currently have two finished manuscripts under my belt and am an Epilogue away from a third. I've recently started taking myself seriously and would like to actually publish my work, but I could use a good critical eye first.
I've never had the opportunity to critique for someone else before but I've been writing for over 20 years, so I think I'd do a decent job in helping someone else. I'd like to think that after all this time, I've learned a good deal about the English language and constructing a good story. :wink:
If you're interested, please let me know.
Two of my stories are available on WattPad in case you are interested in checking them out first:
http://www.wattpad.com/user/AbbyCraig

Shann

Postby Shann » Thu May 23, 2013 11:46 am

When you are reading to get to the editing part, I'd be happy to give you a good deal or would look at a few pages for free and give you some feedback. If you're interested PM me and I'll send you my email.
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

Bluecloud
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Postby Bluecloud » Tue May 28, 2013 3:42 pm

Thank you both for the response. No, I haven't had any hits on here.

Abby, I sent you a pm.

Shann

Postby Shann » Tue May 28, 2013 4:50 pm

If you want to send me a PM with your email address and what type of critique you are looking for--a one on one buddy or a small critique group, I'll do my best to help.
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

Bluecloud
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Postby Bluecloud » Tue May 28, 2013 5:11 pm

Shann, thank you for the offer. While I didn’t find anyone here I just found someone new elsewhere so I’m good to go. :superhappy

Return to Fiction Forum