To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

A place for general chat (non-writing related). Please keep political discussions to the relevant neighborhood forum.

Moderators: cori67, RedBaron, Shann

violin4jesus
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Re: Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

Postby violin4jesus » Tue May 21, 2013 5:04 am

Great pics, Shann! So glad you're home safe. Wish you could come out in June, but I understand you wanting to stay close to home. My brother and parents and I made a (16-hour each way) trip out to my cousin's wedding the year before my brother got married. It was really fun to experience a family vacation when we were all grown up. I had to let the guys drive my car, but I got to ride shotgun the whole time and play DJ, since all four of us have very specific tastes in music. I like pretty much everything they all like, but each of them don't like certain things that the others don't. My dad would pout every time I played my brother's or my mom's music, lol. Hope you guys had a fun time.

Amy, I agree with Becky - it sounds like there's some underlying something you've got. Weakness and fatigue is normal for your condition, but fever just doesn't sound right. Sorry you're not doing so well. :cry: I'm so used to abusing my body (not as bad as Pup but pretty bad) so I keep praying it'll hold together at least until I'm done with night shift. If I can get that Master's finished, I can hopefully get off my brutal schedule. I can't imagine not being able to get out of bed.

Pup, we're finishing Season Five the next night I have off...the Doctor just got locked into the box, and Ryan had to go and fall asleep before we could finish. :roll: He also left me Saturday night in the middle of the two-part weeping angels episode. Our friend Caroline from church says she shudders when she thinks of them, so Ryan posted a pic of one on her FB wall just before bed with the comment "Sweet dreams ;)" and she replied, "You just made me say a bad word!" which made us both laugh. I used to half watch the old series with my mom, and thought it incredibly boring, so it's nice to actually enjoy the show. :wink:

Oh, and I enjoy real roller coasters, but Ryan can't tolerate them. He can't even tolerate inner tube rides at water parks. :? He takes a couple Dramamine before we go to water parks, which helps him for about half the time, then he has to stop riding the rides and just do straight slides without inner tubes. It kinda stinks because that was part of the fun of going to fairs, but we've learned to just enjoy the side shows and art and stuff.

I miss writing. So tired of not having a lot of time. Inspiration would help too. Anyone writing anything?

Shann

Postby Shann » Tue May 21, 2013 11:34 am

I entered the God Speaks contest, but have been in love with these topics for the challenge. I need to write my testimony for the faith under fire book too, but not sure which one I want to use. Right now I'm just so tired all the time. I'm trying to do some knitting to help with the panic attacks. I'm not sure why they are getting so much worse. I've never had a noticeable one out in public before and when I did in Fl I didn't want to leave the hotel. But I forced myself because the thought of being left in a psych hospital 24 hours away from family was more scary than having another panic attack. :wink:

I hate roller coasters but I liked the ride through Hogwarts that simulates a broom ride and I like the spiderman ride which is a 3-d ride where it feels like you are crashing to the ground but roller coasters physically hurt me. So I stayed away from them.
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

Allison

Postby Allison » Tue May 21, 2013 7:55 pm

Shann wrote:HAPPY. BIRTHDAY ALLISON!!! :birthday :birthday :party :party :birthday

Thank you! I'm no longer in my 20s. :) I had a great 30th birthday, except for the national news. :( I went to the historic area of my city and browsed the shops on Main street with a friend, and we got ice cream, then went to Red Lobster as a family.
Isaiah 40:30-31 (NIV)

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Tue May 21, 2013 10:19 pm

I don't abuse myself! Ok so I dont exercise, I do walk a lot.. and I dont eat a healthy diet, unless you count all the Vit. C I take; coffee, chocolate. coffee, chicken, coffee.. okay so I don't go to doctoers, but other than that I take very good care of my self. :roll:
....JesusPuppy (or just call me Pup) Image

And just for the record, I am a Male.

"I am a writer, I do NOT lie... I fictionalise." JP

"The Lord Bless thee, and keep thee.." Num. 6:24

JesusPuppy Profile

Cypress Times, online Christian news paper.

Shann

Postby Shann » Wed May 22, 2013 12:10 am

If that is taking good care of yourself then I'm good too except the coffee and chocolate part.

I think my hardest birthday was my 25th because I realized I was a quarter of a century old and that seemed so old but in a few years, hopefully I'll be a half a century old and that's really old. I don't think I remember my 30th birthday, but then I had a kid at 18 so even when I was in my 20's I felt like I was in my 30's and now in my 40's I feel like I should still be in my teens weird huh?
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Wed May 22, 2013 9:02 am

Or younger. :heehee

JesusPuppy Profile

Shann

Postby Shann » Wed May 22, 2013 10:39 am

:tongue JUST REMEMBER YOU'RE A YEAR OLDER THAN I AM SO IF I'M YOUNGER THAN MY TEENS THEN THAT MAKES YOU AN INFANT! I know it may not make sense but it's early still! And you call Becky the brat! or is it Tiara? or both? Either way :tongue
Shann

Shann's Profile

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Thu May 23, 2013 9:52 am

Ummm... Re-Becky-Kiddo is "The Brat". Spunky is well... Spunky. :mrgreen:

I love them both though. (Off the record of course, I would hate for them to find out...)

JesusPuppy Profile

Shann

Postby Shann » Thu May 23, 2013 12:07 pm

I promise I won't ever tell! :mrgreen:
Shann

Shann's Profile

Rebecky

Postby Rebecky » Thu May 23, 2013 12:19 pm

JesusPuppy wrote:Ummm... Re-Becky-Kiddo is "The Brat"

... of course I am :tongue
Dum Spiro Spero

Shann

Postby Shann » Thu May 23, 2013 12:53 pm

How come Pup can call you that and I can't? Oh wait I have! But in love of course. :loveyou
Shann

Shann's Profile

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Thu May 23, 2013 2:38 pm

It's because I am a special... Ed. And she has a soft spot for weirdos. :rolling

JesusPuppy Profile

Rebecky

Postby Rebecky » Thu May 23, 2013 4:18 pm

Well no one is allowed to call me a brat but you guys do what you want anyway.
Dum Spiro Spero

Shann

Postby Shann » Thu May 23, 2013 6:49 pm

Oh you would think we didn't love you anymore if we didn't pick on you sometimes!! Come on admit it! You know it's true. I only tease those whom I love dearly which is why I am always so nice to Pup and Tim :tongue
Shann

Shann's Profile

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Fri May 24, 2013 11:03 am

Does that mean she doesn't like us or that she does... now I am confused. Which is nothing new really. :mrgreen:

Well me vacation is booked. One of the managers here said it was mean of me taking off two weeks in the busiest part of the summer but hey.. I wont care, I wont be there. :lol:

JesusPuppy Profile

PreviousNext

Return to The Water Cooler