To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Afghanistan

Tell us your experience with God while serving your country.

Moderators: mikeedwards, JimmyMack

JimmyMack
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Afghanistan

Postby JimmyMack » Sun May 12, 2013 11:38 am

Even though we still have a large number of troops in Afghanistan, we don't hear much about it these days. Almost every day we do find, usually near the back of the paper, a small story indicating that our soldiers are still dying, sometimes at the hands of those we are there to defend. So I would ask each of you to join with me in this prayer, or create your own, for our brave soldiers, sailors, airmen and Marines still involved in this bloody conflict. As an ex-combat officer, I know how difficult it is to keep your morale up when you don't know what is known back home.

Dear Lord: Be with each of our brave service members currently serving in Afghanistan. Keep them safe and secure knowing that Thy Divine Presence is ever by their side. Love them, protect them, and also keep them strong in their faith in God and their knowledge that their loved ones eagerly await their return.

Also, Father, care for the souls of those departed in battle and be with their families as they struggle to overcome their grief.

And finally, Lord, help those who are suffering with injuries and pain to fully recover and return to as normal a lifestyle as is possible, for sometimes these are the most forgotten souls of all. Let us never forget them. In Jesus' name we pray, Amen

God bless them each and every one. America loves you, and so does God.

tomoral
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Re: Afghanistan

Postby tomoral » Sun May 12, 2013 1:30 pm

Afghanistan war
Because we are
Citizens who lost
Dear friends at cost
Every sad day
Fighting away
Gone are our sons
Heroes not won
I grieve for all
Justified they fall
Kill the enemy
Leave the country
Making theirs strong
Never took so long
Oh how we grieve
Parents receive
Quiet death norms
Regrets to informs
Sent out anywhere
Tears cried everywhere
Uncontrollable anger
Vets become strangers
Without homes
X-rated clones
Young men shattered
Zero they mattered
God Bless the beasts and the children
Give them shelter from the storms.
Children are our tomorrow
Keep them daily from the sorrow
Of the beasts in life

http://www.faithwriters.com/websites/my ... p?id=57394

wandasewell
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Re: Afghanistan

Postby wandasewell » Tue May 14, 2013 12:20 am

Dear LORD,

Please be with our service men and women in Afghanistan. Place Your loving Arms of protection around them. Have mercy and allow Your Presence to be strong in each life. Though a time of war is going on, You can bring forth a time of peace and we ask for that dear LORD! Allow those who are trying to reach and stay connected to their families have clear means of communication. Thank You Dear LORD. You do all things well.

In Jesus' Name,
Amen

Return to Military Service Members - The Positive Impact of God in Service