To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

A place for general chat (non-writing related). Please keep political discussions to the relevant neighborhood forum.

Moderators: cori67, RedBaron, Shann

JesusPuppy
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Re: Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

Postby JesusPuppy » Tue May 07, 2013 1:38 pm

The security guards like those too much, they would never get rid of them. :roll:

Hiya Bubbles. ( for the Doctor Who info... type the name in your search bar and press enter, then.. read about 400 of the pages it shows there. :mrgreen: ) You can always go to BBC America they have video there I think.
....JesusPuppy (or just call me Pup) Image

And just for the record, I am a Male.

"I am a writer, I do NOT lie... I fictionalise." JP

"The Lord Bless thee, and keep thee.." Num. 6:24

JesusPuppy Profile

Cypress Times, online Christian news paper.

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Wed May 08, 2013 6:12 am

Ok now.. you all are starting to give me a complex. I comment, and a whole day goes by with everyone staying away. I said I was sorry. :roll:

JesusPuppy Profile

Allison

Postby Allison » Wed May 08, 2013 9:47 am

I have news! :) viewtopic.php?f=4&t=36982 (I figured everyone would want to see this, so I just made a new thread, rather than posting in multiple places.)
Isaiah 40:30-31 (NIV)

AnneRene'

Postby AnneRene' » Wed May 08, 2013 11:15 am

Hi...AGAIN :) Peeps!

Allison, although I posted on your other post, again....mes SO happy for you! It just plain 'ole bites to have any part of our bodies out of commission.

Shannikins....if I could go to the conferrence...I sooooo would but not gonna happen this year. BUT, if I did go, I'd even share a room with you and your panic attacks and wouldn't even be freaked out!!! I'd be too busy slapping ya around telling you to get your act together. :) Juuuuus kidding....sort of.
And Pup...WHEN I have the time, I do plan to check out the Who thingy, but I have more important shows to watch like General Hospital. :superhappy

K....outta here.....hugs, hugs and hugs guys!

Adios,
me

deejay

Postby deejay » Wed May 08, 2013 3:55 pm

It was pouring yesterday morning; the couple I've been helping gave me the day off. Since the wife is a hoarder, a lady from her work has a ministry helping hoarders, and somehow she was going to help them with their stuff. I say somehow because the wife works all week, then does worship in our church on Sundays. And this lady works M-F 4 a.m. to 4 p.m.. The husband is retired but has health issues. But after the rain ended, I went to the post office and mailed Mother's Day cards to my stepmom and my sisters, then went to the store for a couple things. It felt good to kick back and relax.

Shann

Postby Shann » Fri May 10, 2013 12:44 am

Panic building up. Freaking out. Car so tine, me so big oh dear why did I think this would be fun to be crammed in a tiny car with my familY? i AM LOOKING FORWARD TO RELAXING IF SOMEONE DOESN'T GET KICKED OUT AT A REST STOP. mOST IMPORTANT THING DON'T FORGET MEDS!!!!!! Lots and lots of them. See ya all in warm sunny weather, sunscreen need that too lots of it but not as much as meds. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

AnneRene'

Postby AnneRene' » Fri May 10, 2013 10:03 am

Shann wrote:Panic building up. Freaking out. Car so tine, me so big oh dear why did I think this would be fun to be crammed in a tiny car with my familY? i AM LOOKING FORWARD TO RELAXING IF SOMEONE DOESN'T GET KICKED OUT AT A REST STOP. mOST IMPORTANT THING DON'T FORGET MEDS!!!!!! Lots and lots of them. See ya all in warm sunny weather, sunscreen need that too lots of it but not as much as meds. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Shannikins...ewe maka me lol...too funy for those of us who know about the MEDS! :lol: Have fun ya little numbnut!

Shann

Postby Shann » Fri May 10, 2013 11:00 pm

Duke is the most beautiful campus! The cathedral like chapel is like one might see in Europe. The bells gave me goose Bumps. The art work mesmerized me and I'm not an artsy person. And oh the pipe organ! That was in the smaller one because we couldn't go in main one because they were having graduation but in two more years we will be back for Q's. I never dreamed on of my kids would never have the opportunity to go a grad school here! M was first to get her Masters in my family and both she and Q had "borderline " learning disabilities and struggle in H's and now look at them! Lyd finished first year and is studying in Ireland next year!

Tomorrow we finish 10-12 hour drive to Orlando. That will be tight with all 4 of us in tiny car, but once there it'll be worth it. I did fall while touring Duke. Knee messed up. Pray for us!
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

AnneRene'

Postby AnneRene' » Sat May 11, 2013 1:27 pm

Shann wrote:Duke is the most beautiful campus! The cathedral like chapel is like one might see in Europe. The bells gave me goose Bumps. The art work mesmerized me and I'm not an artsy person. And oh the pipe organ! That was in the smaller one because we couldn't go in main one because they were having graduation but in two more years we will be back for Q's. I never dreamed on of my kids would never have the opportunity to go a grad school here! M was first to get her Masters in my family and both she and Q had "borderline " learning disabilities and struggle in H's and now look at them! Lyd finished first year and is studying in Ireland next year!

Tomorrow we finish 10-12 hour drive to Orlando. That will be tight with all 4 of us in tiny car, but once there it'll be worth it. I did fall while touring Duke. Knee messed up. Pray for us!

Praying for a safe journey and back home again and knowing that you'll have a wonderful, wonderful time. Just suck in your gut while in the car. :mrgreen:

AnneRene'

Postby AnneRene' » Sat May 11, 2013 1:28 pm

Oh yeah....and just take an extra antianxiety pill from your arsenal. :mrgreen:

JoyAnn

Postby JoyAnn » Sun May 12, 2013 3:04 am

Hi Y'all!!!
~Jazzy~Tazzy~
~Tazzarina~Terror~
~Terrorizer~Princess~
~Spunky~PopTart~JoyBells~

"Oh, I KNOW I'm not confused."

"Yeah, I am a Moron."

In His Love and Mercy, Tiara Joy

Terrorizer41192@hotmail.com
(I can't even get into this one, so if you sent anything to it I won't get it....)
TiaraJoy's Profile

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Tue May 14, 2013 10:20 am

Hi Spunky!!!

Wait... isn't that a different thread. :roll:

:heehee

JesusPuppy Profile

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Wed May 15, 2013 6:16 am

And they do it again. That's it, I am just going to go talk to myself then. :(

Wait.. that didn't sound right. :roll:

JesusPuppy Profile

violin4jesus

Postby violin4jesus » Thu May 16, 2013 7:40 am

Hey, don't feel too bad, Pup. I'm gone for over a week and there's only like 5 new posts. I used to miss 2-3 days and get lost in like 10 pages of posts, thanks to you and Tiara. :lol:

I guess not much happened except work and work and work and the Renaissance Faire and work. :roll: Oh, and I hung with my writer friend in the valley overnight. We had a good time catching up, and she shared with me her fantasy world setting for her book. I get it, but it's pretty complicated. I prefer fantasy worlds pretty close to home, or futuristic sci-fi settings. Speaking of, is anyone going to see the new Star Trek? So far one of my FB friends has already seen it and says it's great.

Anyways, we went shopping on Friday night and bought stuff we put together for the Faire. I spent most of the night catching up on Netflix shows and sewing by hand a kilt for Ryan to wear. I really should get a sewing machine - it would have been much faster! It turned out pretty cool, though: Image[/URL]

My dress and blouse I found at Ross, and then I just bought a flower thingie for my hair at the Fair. It was a fun time, but I was pretty tired, since I'd worked the night before and hadn't slept. We'll probably go again next year and I'll perfect my costume. Last minute planning is okay, but I'm all about being prepared. :wink:

Not much other than that. I've been so busy I haven't even unpacked all the way. Even tonight I was going to do stuff and crashed on the couch for almost four hours. Probably will get more done tomorrow.

Night, all. Don't be strangers!

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Thu May 16, 2013 9:44 am

Yeah.. I miss Spunky. It was a lot of fun when she was hanging around more. Now all we get is a fly-by Hi, or the odd Boo now and then. :(

OOoo a Faire. I aint been to one of those in years. I would fit in perfect with me off work clothes. :mrgreen: Did you remember to take more pics than just that one? You two look good, by the way. I have a shirt just like Ryans except mine is black. I was thinking of getting me one of those tricorn hats, but I figured it prolly wouldn't stay on while riding my bike. :lol:

Ok serious info needed here.. ( Little Bird, if you are lurking..) or has any one heard from her..? Last I saw she wasn't doing so well and I have been wondering if she was doing better. :roll:

Not that I am worrying mind you.. oh well I am a friend I can worry.. right? Ok, so I am worried. :(

JesusPuppy Profile

PreviousNext

Return to The Water Cooler