To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

A place for general chat (non-writing related). Please keep political discussions to the relevant neighborhood forum.

Moderators: cori67, RedBaron, Shann

JesusPuppy
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Re: Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

Postby JesusPuppy » Fri May 03, 2013 5:49 am

I took a shower. :roll:
....JesusPuppy (or just call me Pup) Image

And just for the record, I am a Male.

"I am a writer, I do NOT lie... I fictionalise." JP

"The Lord Bless thee, and keep thee.." Num. 6:24

JesusPuppy Profile

Cypress Times, online Christian news paper.

Rebecky

Postby Rebecky » Fri May 03, 2013 6:43 pm

JesusPuppy wrote:I took a shower. :roll:

:heehee
Dum Spiro Spero

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Fri May 03, 2013 8:40 pm

Here I go for a bike ride and Re-Becky sneaks in. Now that I am back she will hide for a while. :roll:
Last edited by JesusPuppy on Sat May 04, 2013 6:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

JesusPuppy Profile

Shann

Postby Shann » Sat May 04, 2013 1:07 am

JesusPuppy wrote:Was it something I said???? :shock:

:sorry

Yes no one congratulated me on my very first place challenge win. :( it was first in Masters and 2 overall!!! I'm still dumbfounded and so humbled. And it was a Wrigley story!! :mrgreen:. So technically It was something you didn't say :tongue
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

violin4jesus

Postby violin4jesus » Sat May 04, 2013 5:49 am

Oh, Shann, I'm sorry! I haven't been keeping up with the Challenge amongst all my working and moving and stuff. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! You're a star! 2nd is the highest I've ever gotten, too. I bet you're over the moon! Now you have to come to the conference. Because...yeah. :wink:

I would like to personally thank the person who invented the front-loading washing machine. :mrgreen: And the designer of our condo complex who put the laundry room in the courtyard far away from the apartments so I can do laundry at 2am. I had a lot of loads. Used a lot of quarters. But the last one is in the washer now - yay! That counts for my workout tonight, between walking up and down the stairs several times and carrying multiple bags and laundry baskets. I had hoped to do it the other night but got distracted unpacking all kinds of boxes and bags.

It's been in the high 80's and low 90's the last couple of days, but I've slept well despite that due to my dark secluded new master bedroom. Once the air purifier is blasting, I'm not wakened by anything other than naturally finishing a sleep cycle. And I love our little courtyard. The maple tree outside our patio is going to provide some great shade in the summertime. Ryan said there's been a few hummers who have found our feeder. If I hadn't slept all day, I might have seen them. :roll: But it was a busy night at work so I must have been tired.

Well, off to do some more unpacking and organizing. Thankfully Ryan is done with finals so he can start helping a little. :wink:

Oh, and we're going to see Tim Hawkins on Sunday night! :D If you haven't seen his stuff, it's hysterical. I leave you with my favorite: My Favorite Bible Verse

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Sat May 04, 2013 6:12 am

Tim is good, I really liked his Wedding Songs better though. :lol:

And...

Ummm...

CONGRATULATIONS SHANN!!! :superhappy

I know, pretty lame when you were the one to tell us about it. But I am glad to hear it, you work hard at it and it shows. Me.. I work hard at it and it only shows I NEED to work harder at it. :roll:

JesusPuppy Profile

Rebecky

Postby Rebecky » Sat May 04, 2013 11:00 am

Yeah, Tim Hawkins is cool!!
Dum Spiro Spero

Allison

Postby Allison » Sat May 04, 2013 11:46 am

Shann wrote:
JesusPuppy wrote:Was it something I said???? :shock:

:sorry

Yes no one congratulated me on my very first place challenge win. :( it was first in Masters and 2 overall!!! I'm still dumbfounded and so humbled. And it was a Wrigley story!! :mrgreen:. So technically It was something you didn't say :tongue

Shann, I saw it when I checked at work, and thought "Oh! YAY SHANN!" and thought I"d have to congratulate you, and then I totally forgot, once I got home. :sorry But I was supper happy to see your name up there in first place. And I loved the story too. :)
Isaiah 40:30-31 (NIV)

Shann

Postby Shann » Sat May 04, 2013 8:46 pm

I was joking and trying a way to humbly let everyone know what a difference it made in a really bad week. Thank you everyone. I knew those who saw it would be doing their happy dances. :thankssign
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

Ms. Barbie

Postby Ms. Barbie » Sun May 05, 2013 9:46 am

AWESOME FOR YOU, SHANN! :superhappy :superhappy :superhappy :superhappy :superhappy :superhappy :superhappy :superhappy :superhappy :superhappy :superhappy :superhappy :superhappy :superhappy :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :party :party :party :party :party :party :party :party :party :party :party :party :party :shiney2 :shiney2 :shiney2 :shiney2 :shiney2 :shiney2 :shiney2 :shiney2 :shiney2 :shiney2 :shiney2 :star2 :star2 :star2 :star2 :star2 :star2 :star2 :star2 :star2 :star2 :star2 :star2 :star2 :star2

I've not been here in awhile, but did read and comment on your story! :)
Barb Culler

Shann

Postby Shann » Sun May 05, 2013 10:30 am

Thanks Bar, I saw your comment and it made me smile. The best thing about this story winning is that it is my first Wrigley story. Another one won but I had to use her middle name, but this time I went with her real name. It was based on my 8thGrade English class where the teacher wrote the word on the board and I work so hard to learn how to spell it but never once thought how to define it and it was on the spelling test and I got it right but the question was actually not only how to spell it but to give a definition and I had no clue what it meant. Lynn was a girl in school who could always get one point higher.
Shann

Shann's Profile

deejay

Postby deejay » Mon May 06, 2013 5:17 pm

Shann wrote:Wanna come to WNY Dee Jay and do mine for me? It is so nasty because I have been sick for so long and only have x amount of energy and by the time I'm done just picking up I don't have the energy to do the real cleaning.

I used to joke that after Lyd left we would just blow up the house and start over. After last night I won't say that anymore. We had a space heater and the other night I smelled something that made me think of the hospital. It was a chemical smell. We looked all over and couldn't find anything. it was warm and I had a window open and the neighbor was grilling so we thought it was that. Well this morning my husband showed me what he said was the surge protector that the space heater was plugged into. It was a melted blob of gunk and when he woke up in the middle of the night he knew something was wrong. (Thank God he fell asleep on the couch and thank God he woke up) the rug was starting to burn and the plug thingie burst into flames. he was able to put it out without any problem but I shudder to think how bad it could have been. Moral Don't buy cheap surge protectors or space heaters and know God is so awesome! :coolsign :bow

Then M called and almost hit a bear doing 75 on the highway! Again thank you God! :bow

Ummmm, how far are you from an Amtrak station, Shann? :mrgreen: Though I have flown and enjoyed it, the way they hassle you now, plus all these charges the airline companies hit you with would prevent me from flying ever again. I mean, they just found out that one of the buddies of the Boston Marathon bombing suspects was allowed back into the country despite the fact that his student visa had expired and he was no longer a student. If they can't track that in a timely manner, how can the TSA be trusted? Plus going clear across the country by train is time-consuming and pretty expensive--but imagine the view!
It would be easier to go to L.A., not to mention cheaper--Metrolink is less expensive than Amtrak.

Shann

Postby Shann » Mon May 06, 2013 9:58 pm

Gee Whiz Dee Jay are you saying you wouldn't travel 6,000 miles just to clean my house! :mrgreen: We are pretty far from an Amtrack, plane and bus as I live about an hour South of Rochester and 3 hours south of Buffalo. When I say rural, I mean there are more cows in the county than people. But then cows don't complain about my gross house :D
Shann

Shann's Profile

AnneRene'

Postby AnneRene' » Tue May 07, 2013 11:16 am

Hi Guys!

Outside of a few spring showers/thunder storms....most of us on the west coast are getting an early summer and although my sun worshiping days are over...I do enjoy most of what comes with the season. Barbecues, swimming pools and, and, and, that's about it for me. I just can't take the heat anymore. BUT...I absolutely love autumn which can't come without summer, sooooo...that's another good thing about summer....it leads into fall. :)

Beakers....soooo sorry about your beloved doggie....me's been going through a lot of pet losses this year and last. Glad you didn' wait though and saved him/her from more discomfort.

Leahkins...I can almost picture your serene garden setting and so happy for you and your move.

Jaybird...I haven't finished your bio yet but I did start it and am looking forward to finishing it (when I get more ink an print it) and sit under the cooling shade of shade trees with some homemade lemonade.

Shannikins...hope you are up and out of feeling off kilter and Amykins....how did your visit go with the cardiologist? I'm hoping and praying for answers that are not serious and can be easily rectified.

As for you Mr. Pupperoni....who is dr who? or what s who or where is who? :tongue Juuuust kidding so you needn't go into a page and a half of explanations. :) I just don't get the show on my basic cable so just feeling left out. :(

Okay....gotta git on outta here....mes having car issues, credit issues...you name it....BUT, reall and truly feel and know God is most definitely in total control.

Adios Kiddos!

Shann

Postby Shann » Tue May 07, 2013 12:08 pm

At first I was going to ask what the hideous creature was that you posted, then I thought about making a PUp reference but am toning my sarcastic side down, so I will just say oh I was talking about the Mickey Mouse picture even though I was talking about the creature that looks like a chiwawa and mouse's love child.

I'm glad to see you pop in. Someone, I think it was Becky asked me if I had heard from you. Sorry about the problems. Man it's been tough everywhere lately. I wish somehow you could scrape enough to make it to the conference. Maybe you could hitch a ride with Leah, though I think she is flying and then spending time with family. Maybe we could talk Barb, Dee Jay, and Seema to carpool and pick you up on the way. If I can drive the 23 hours one way to FL, you all should be able to make it to Oregon, no? I think today is the last day for the early-bird registration. Part of me wants to go so bad. My FIL offered to go with me, but I'm terrified that I'll have a major panic attack. Plus I'll need some extra time to rest before and after, but he kind of would enjoy the conference. I thought I'd wait until the FL trip and see how I do with that.

I wish I could just book the flight and room then not worry about it because I would never waste all of that money. I also think the panic attack might end me up bound and tasered by TSA, though with the budget isn't that one of the things they cut? :mrgreen:
Shann

Shann's Profile

PreviousNext

Return to The Water Cooler