To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Southern Porch Extension

A place for general chat (non-writing related). Please keep political discussions to the relevant neighborhood forum.

Moderators: cori67, RedBaron, Shann

Joanney
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Re: Southern Porch Extension

Postby Joanney » Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:06 am

Caption "Missing Teeth? Oh, that is because they all enter the same way; up the stairs and towards the door. Chewy outside, hard on the inside. Just the way I like them"

Type of character: pedophile (notice all of the bikes?)
ImageImage

"We are not sinners because we sin, we sin because we are sinners."

You have wearied the LORD with your words.
“How have we wearied him?” you ask.
By saying, “All who do evil are good in the eyes of the LORD, and he is pleased with them” or “Where is the God of justice?”

Malachi 2:17

dub

Postby dub » Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:39 am

Cool gentle rain falling in the swamp, sorta cleaning all the pollen away and generally cleansing the earth - thank You Lord.
"Here I am Lord, send me."

ready2go

Postby ready2go » Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:51 am

On Saturday I dragged the framework supporting my wood duck house out into the lake. With that done, and with the vacancy sign hung in place, the house was ready for the season's feathery occupants.

An hour later I spotted a nice pair of wood ducks soaring in for a water landing. They splashed down a short distance away, and began to swim in the direction of the house. With a smile of satisfaction I thought, "Ah ha! My new tenants have already arrived!"

I could almost hear the drake saying to his mate, "Oh look, dear. There's a nice house. It has a good waterfront view, too. What a great place to raise the kids. Let's go in and take a closer look."

Well, the hen completely ignored his suggestion. Mama didn't look sideways as she paddled past the house. In fact, she was obviously thumbing her beak at both her hubby and his choice for their summer home. She seemed to say, "You're crazy if you think I'm going to live there. I don't like it."

What was she thinking anyway? The finest wood duck cottage on the lake was rejected by her. The rent was within their means, too. What did she want...a big knot hole in some rotted tree stump?

With a disgusted look in his eyes, he reluctantly submitted to her wishes and followed behind her along the shoreline. He was probably muttering under his breath, "Women! I'll never understand 'em!"

Don
John 14:6
Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me."

"My Journey To Jesus"
http://faithwriters.com/article-details.php?id=41225

http://faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?id=18654

"The Israel Connection"
http://theisraelconnection.blogspot.com/

"I have a story to tell...the saving gospel to share...and the fire of the Holy Spirit burning deep within my soul."

Edy

Postby Edy » Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:23 pm

ready2go wrote:Caption: "Oh, the shark has pretty teeth, dear
And he shows 'em, pearly white."

Type of person living here: Of course, it's "Mack the Knife."

:shock:

Don

:lol: Don, I think you took the prize. Too bad you aren't on facebook so you could enter the contest, or whatever it is.
"Jesus Never Fails!" Love, Edy
The Gospel is such Good News even Christians don't believe it!
The Power of Story
We are the third temple! Acts 7:48, 1 Peter 2:4-5
Essentially Lutheran
My StoriesMy Blog:The Prairie Nightingale

Verna

Postby Verna » Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:26 am

Love your descriptions, Don.
Good luck with the weight loss, Joanney.
Glad for your happy day, Edy.
Carole, your granddaughter is beautiful--and your son is handsome.
In the house is a young mother whose baby is potty trained, and she says--no more diapers to wash.
Hugs to everyone with extras for my buddy, Mariane!
Verna

A merry heart doeth good like a medicine...
Proverb 17:22

Facebook author page: Verna Cole Mitchell
http://www.magnificomanuscripts.com/

BeachGrandma

Postby BeachGrandma » Wed May 01, 2013 2:21 am

Thank you, my dear friend, Verna. I could use them! :thankssign
--------
I did it again! I fell asleep :sleep on my bed around 6 pm, woke up at 7 pm and thought it was morning. :superhappy

John walked in and asked, "Are you ready to eat?" I answered "Yes," and tried to wake up.

I snoozed a little more, then John walked in carrying a tray.

He set it down on my bedside table and I squinted at the plate.

"Spaghetti? For breakfast?" I was geared up for my oatmeal with dried cranberries and pecans.
"Honey, I don't believe I can eat this. Could you maybe save it for lunch?"

"Mariane, this isn't breakfast; it's supper," John said. "It's 7 pm at night, not 7 am in the morning."

I groaned. I've done this before. The time warp is scarey so I turned on my bedroom TV, hoping to see those goofy people on Fox who do the morning news. But no! It was a rerun of "Bonanza."

I wiped the sleep out of my eyes and settled back for my breakfast.

A pox on Chef BoyAreDee. :pirate2
"I long, O I long to be holy, conformed to His will and His Word.
I long to be gentle and Christ-like; I long to be just like my Lord."

Mariane Holbrook

dub

Postby dub » Wed May 01, 2013 11:35 am

Misty warm morning, even short sleeves for Wednesday morning prayer breakfast. A great day to be alive in Carolina. :D

Edy

Postby Edy » Wed May 01, 2013 2:53 pm

Well, the weather in Minnesota is rather dismal, today. I'm so glad we took advantage of a beautiful Monday for an outing in the sunshine. It is now raining and around freezing, with snow - SNOW - in the forecast! Hey, it's MAY, already! We look for flower petals, not snowflakes!

I guess this means we can stay indoors. Yard work will wait, that's for sure! 8)
The Power of Story
Essentially Lutheran

ready2go

Postby ready2go » Wed May 01, 2013 2:57 pm

Aarrrggghhh!!! I've had it!! I can't take this anymore!

This is May 1st, isn't it? No, wait! It's January...no, maybe it's February. No, wait! The ice age is coming back! It's here already! Head for the hills!

It is cold, wet and windy in my MN back yard today. Some serious snow is falling this afternoon. A winter storm warning has been posted for tonight and all day tomorrow with 4"-6" of heavy snow expected - maybe more. We are doomed for sure!

:brrr

Me thinks the weather and the calendar are out of whack, and needs to undergo some major re-booting.

But hey! With weather like this all year there won't be as many mosquitos to swat.

I bought three large pots of pansies yesterday to pretty-up my deck, but had to bring the poor things inside so they wouldn't get trampled flat by the heavy snow. Maybe I should just plant some pots of winter wheat or snow peas, and forget about pansies.

Don
Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me."

"My Journey To Jesus"

"The Israel Connection"

"I have a story to tell...the saving gospel to share...and the fire of the Holy Spirit burning deep within my soul."

dub

Postby dub » Thu May 02, 2013 6:09 am

A beautiful Carolina morning, partly cloudy as the remnants of old storms blow out to sea. A great day to do some work outdoors.

Green Leaves

Postby Green Leaves » Thu May 02, 2013 10:57 am

Guess I'm the "crazy" here, but I'd rather have the snow for my birthday than humid 80 degree weather. I just don't handle the heat well. But, I have to say, we've had some beautiful days and my tulips are in full bloom and the azaleas are gorgeous.
http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?id=45576

"God has not called me to be successful, God has called me to be faithful." Mother Teresa

"...not to advance in the spiritual life is to go back. But those who have the gale of the Holy Spirit go forward even in sleep.". Brother Lawrence

ready2go

Postby ready2go » Thu May 02, 2013 11:58 am

Well, some locations farther south got our predicted snow - we did not.

The local meteorologists have advanced degrees in whatever. They have pricy radar, weather maps, satelites with cameras, computers, and past weather history. Even with all of that at their disposal, the weather forecasts simply boil down to crystal ball gazing and arm waving in front of a tv camera. They would do much better if they took a lesson from wooly bears in the fall and squirrels collecting nuts.

The only life forms showing up in my back yard are a few brave nubbins of rhubarb and some barely visible day-lily sprouts. Other than that, everything is a nice shade of brown. This year the lilacs won't be in full bloom until June - a month later than usual.

I haven't put my snow shovel away yet. I might need to use it. :cry:

Don

"My Journey To Jesus"

"The Israel Connection"

Edy

Postby Edy » Thu May 02, 2013 3:03 pm

Green Leaves wrote:Guess I'm the "crazy" here, but I'd rather have the snow for my birthday than humid 80 degree weather. I just don't handle the heat well. But, I have to say, we've had some beautiful days and my tulips are in full bloom and the azaleas are gorgeous.

I'm with you, GreenLeaves! We've had a couple hot summers, and I just cannot function. Which is so frustrating with all I need to do. So, I'm hoping we'll have more moderate to cool days this summer, in Minnesota.
The Power of Story
Essentially Lutheran

ready2go

Postby ready2go » Thu May 02, 2013 8:05 pm

Sadly, church services could very well be heading in this direction. Another possibility to consider is that one day (soon) public, Bible believing church services might be illegal. The only exception might be those services controlled by the government for approved PC content, and/or are ecumenical.

Don

CHURCH SERVICES of THE FUTURE???

PASTOR: "Praise the Lord!"

CONGREGATION: "Hallelujah!"

PASTOR: "Will everyone please turn on their tablet, PC, iPad, smart phone, and Kindle Bibles to 1 Cor 13:13."

"And please switch on your Bluetooth to download the sermon."

P-a-u-s-e......

"Now, Let us pray committing this week into God's hands.
Open your Apps, BBM, Twitter and Facebook, and chat with God."

S-i-l-e-n-c-e

"As we take our Sunday tithes and offerings, please have your credit and debit cards ready."

"You can log on to the church wi-fi using the password 'Lord909887.'"

"The ushers will circulate mobile card swipe machines among the worshipers:
• Those who prefer to make electronic fund transfers are directed to computers and laptops at the rear of the church.
• Those who prefer to use iPads can open them.
• Those who prefer telephone banking, take out your cellphones to transfer your contributions to the church account."

The holy atmosphere of the Church becomes truly electrified as ALL the smart phones, iPads, PCs and laptops beep and flicker!

"Final Blessing and Closing Announcements...
• This week's ministry cell meetings will be held on the various Facebook group pages where the usual group chatting takes place. Please log in and don't miss out.
• Thursday's Bible study will be held live on Skype at 1900hrs GMT. Please don't miss out.
• You can follow your Pastor on Twitter this weekend for counseling and prayers."

"God bless you and have nice day."

"My Journey To Jesus"

"The Israel Connection"

Joanney

Postby Joanney » Thu May 02, 2013 10:29 pm

Twenty to fifty years from now, the kids in southern Minnesota will quiet their kids' and grandkids' complaints about April snow by telling of the day in 2013 when they had a snow day from school in MAY, with a foot of snow on the ground! Faribault is only about 1/2 hour to 45 minutes south of us and they had a snow day, as did most points south of them and into Wisconsin. But as Don said, most of it missed us. We did have snow and sleet falling at times during the day yesterday, but it didn't stick to the ground.

I have spent the last two days sorting clothes at the church garage sale and answering questions for shoppers. I figured I can do that much without lifting more than 10 lbs. Before the sale opened, I would have someone put a bag of clothes on a chair and I would sort it that way, putting each item on the correct table, or the correct part of the table. During the sale, I mainly stood at one table and folded clothes and put them in the correct spot based on size. They were messed up by the time I got to the other end of the table, but it was still more shoppable than if it had never been done.

Good night, all.

Now I am tired and really want my bed. I will go back again for at least part of the day tomorrow; I need to volunteer at least 2 hours and 45 minutes more to get my 25% discount. Doesn't seem like much, but there is a loft bed that I want to get for Simon's room that is priced at $125, so it is worth it.
ImageImage

"We are not sinners because we sin, we sin because we are sinners."

You have wearied the LORD with your words.
“How have we wearied him?” you ask.
By saying, “All who do evil are good in the eyes of the LORD, and he is pleased with them” or “Where is the God of justice?”

Malachi 2:17

PreviousNext

Return to The Water Cooler