To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

A place for general chat (non-writing related). Please keep political discussions to the relevant neighborhood forum.

Moderators: cori67, RedBaron, Shann

JesusPuppy
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Re: Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

Postby JesusPuppy » Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:31 am

Monday. :(

Enough said on that subject. :roll:
....JesusPuppy (or just call me Pup) Image

And just for the record, I am a Male.

"I am a writer, I do NOT lie... I fictionalise." JP

"The Lord Bless thee, and keep thee.." Num. 6:24

JesusPuppy Profile

Cypress Times, online Christian news paper.

deejay

Postby deejay » Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:13 pm

My pastor had to put his Treeing Walker Coonhound to sleep last week because he had cancer of the sinuses and maxillary area. He was starting to sneeze, and they knew next he would be sneezing blood, so they put him down before that happened. They got a new puppy so their Bloodhound wouldn't be alone. Her name is Jill, and she's a 10 week old Basset Hound puppy--they brought her to church yesterday, and though very shy she's adorable. However, the bloodhound isn't taking to the puppy too well because she's nipping at her ears. Hopefully the bloodhound will soon accept her new little sister.

deejay

Postby deejay » Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:14 pm

Say, Pup, a couple of questions on Doctor Who--if a woman becomes a Timelord, does that make her a Timelady?

Does the Doctor get to choose where he goes in time, or is it completely random?

I once saw a TV ad for Doctor Who--the Doctor was warning his crew to not touch a type of water that was surrounding the Tardis, because it apparently made them into zombies. Then a drop falls from the ceiling, and the view outside is that of rushing water, and bug-eyed, gape-mouthed people started to try to get into the Tardis. What the heck was that?

Sparrow

Postby Sparrow » Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:38 am

Becky, so sorry about your dog. My childhood dog died from heart problems at 9 years old. We almost had to put him down, but he went on his own before we had to. So tough. I've lost some cats I was really, really close to, also. Hugs.

Leah, glad you figured out the meeting hopefully won't be a biggy. Praying it went well. Was it today?

It was suggested that she use dialog and use quotation marks instead of writing: I told my husband to go downstairs. Well she listened and this is how she fixed it: I "told" my husband...

Hahaha, that's awesome!

deejay wrote:Does the Doctor get to choose where he goes in time, or is it completely random?

the Doctor chooses but once in a while the TARDIS will sense something wrong somewhere and bring them there instead.

Shann, Idris is only in one episode, so it's forgivable that Chris doesn't know who she is.

Pup, thanks for the offer, but I don't think it's legal to copy the new shows like that... :) I have seen a couple of the old ones with her in them.
Amy Michelle Wiley
Check out my booklet, Bring Your Writing to Life: a writer's guide to "show; don't tell". Buy it here.
My Website, Sparrow's Flight

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:09 am

Sparrow wrote:I don't think it's legal to copy the new shows like that.

Torrent files are legal file systems as you cant copy them off for sales, and can only be viewed on your computer. Most are copies put out by BBC for public viewing, as most of the shows won't be seen again.

It may be questionable on some of the movies, but most TV networks do the same thing on some of their shows. I know NBC does so with a lot of the shows that air, as well as most of the Public Broadcasting groups. A whole lot of documentaries are done that way. Many are done up from the movie companys them selves.

But anyway, Torrent files are legal. Mainly for the fact that you can't just burn them to a DVD, you cant play it on anything other than a computer.

DJ.. The show you are talking about was called "The Waters of Mars" but they weren't in the Tardi, it was a Mars colony base. The water had a living organism in it that could take over the human body, just one drop of the water on you would do it. The monsters it showed were actually the poeple from the Mars Base that had become infected.

As to guiding the TARDIS.. well..

When the show first began he couldn't, the controls settings were locked off, so he could take off and land, but didn't know where he was going to. It just wound up taking him to anywhere he needed to be. After he got the controls working right, he could stear it to a point. He can add in the destination, even to the house, and room of the place he wants to go, BUT.. The TARDIS isnt just a machine, it is a living entity with a will of its own. (The show 'The Doctors Wife' was so cool at show how that works.)

Sometimes the TARDIS would land him up in middle of trouble, just because he needed to be there to save the day.

As to the TimeLady.. yes. Most cases they are just refered to as a female Timelord, but yes they are called a timelady.

...and so ends the Doctor Who lesson for the day. :lol:

JesusPuppy Profile

Shann

Postby Shann » Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:58 pm

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BECKY!!! :birthday :party :party :birthday :birthday :star2 :star2 :party :party
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Wed May 01, 2013 6:08 am

Didn't she just have one of those last year. Oh well, her being the Kiddo and all, I guess it is ok.

Have a happy one, but not TOO happy, it might be illegal. :wink:

JesusPuppy Profile

violin4jesus

Postby violin4jesus » Wed May 01, 2013 6:19 am

Fascinating Doctor Who facts, JP. We just started Season 4, and it's pretty much just as cheesy as the last one. Hoping it gets better soon. :wink:

I had my meeting yesterday (Tuesday) afternoon, and it was just with my night shift supervisor. If I had known that, I would not have been freaked out for FOUR DAYS! She had given me a great review like 2 weeks ago, and this was just the "need you to work on" stuff that hadn't been included in the review. WHEW! I was so relieved. I'd been fighting worry all weekend and even right up to getting there. The irony is she hadn't even let on that the meeting was with her when I worked with her on Sunday night; just kept reassuring me that "it probably isn't that bad" and such. The punk. :lol: I'm glad she shared with me the things she did - I guess I need to work on changing some people's perceptions about me. I have walls up I didn't know I had. It's easier knowing that, though, because then I can work on it. Afterward, she told me to go home, have a drink, and relax. :roll: Believe me, it was time to do that...I had three very busy nights of work interspersed with trying not to worry about the meeting. Ryan just shook his head and said I told you so.

We hired a kid to clean the old apartment, but Ryan paid him and left before it was done because he'd been doing so well - then when I went over to drop off the keys and saw how dirty it still looked, I called Ryan and told him, so then he had to come back over and we took about an hour and a half to do the floors and the kitchen. The inside of the oven didn't get cleaned at all other than a brief wipe down of the door, since I had no oven cleaner. The kid had at least done the nasty jobs like cleaning the **** off the ceiling fan and scrubbing the shower and the mold in the bathroom window. So not completely wasted money. An hour and a half of cleaning is way worth it to me than having to do the whole place. Since he'd advertised on Craigslist, I posted a warning about his work (honest about both the good and bad), and put the same review on Yelp for his business. I'm sorry, but lack of integrity is going to affect you if you don't do a good job. BUT the best part is we turned in the keys and got all of the stuff out long before midnight, so now we can focus solely on the new place. :D And maybe do some laundry, since we haven't done any since moving in last week...

So it's life as usual but somewhat new here. No hummingbirds checking our feeder yet, but there's a bunch in the complex, so maybe they just haven't found it yet. I absolutely LOVE how short my commute is...I can actually do more than come straight home, sleep, and go straight to work in between shifts now.

I have two nights off so tonight's a recovery night and tomorrow will be the "getting stuff done" night. Hope y'all are having a good week.

And Happy Birthday, Becky. :mrgreen:

Rebecky

Postby Rebecky » Wed May 01, 2013 8:59 am

JesusPuppy wrote:Didn't she just have one of those last year. Oh well, her being the Kiddo and all, I guess it is ok.

Have a happy one, but not TOO happy, it might be illegal. :wink:

Puppy... :tongue

and you don't have to worry about having an illegal happy-time cause I had a horrible day for my birthday.

But I had a fairly decent evening on my Birthday so I guess it balances out.
Dum Spiro Spero

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Wed May 01, 2013 11:12 am

Leah wrote:Ryan just shook his head and said I told you so.

Way to go Ryan.. I was thinking the very same thing as I read through that. :lol:

And as I told you before... if you want cheesy you should watch the old ones. But then too they do it that way on purpose for the real-feel-visual look. Or something like that anyway. Some of them I can relate to, others well.. the aliens are a little off on their color, but... :roll:

Re-Becky-Kiddo wrote:I had a horrible day for my birthday.

Good, at least I am not alone in that.

JesusPuppy Profile

deejay

Postby deejay » Wed May 01, 2013 2:13 pm

Gee, it's too bad I don't have time to come down your way and clean your house for you--I would've done a much better job. :mrgreen: I'm helping a couple in my church clean their place, and just to get ahead on the laundry alone they brought in another girl last Saturday. I work with them on Tuesdays and Saturdays, at church on Thursdays and Fridays, and church worship on Sunday, which just leaves Mondays and Wednesdays for library computer time. It doesn't help that the wife is terribly disorganized and the husband is struggling to keep things in order. But that's all I'm going to say.They pay me $10/hour, which really comes in handy.

Shann

Postby Shann » Wed May 01, 2013 7:48 pm

Wanna come to WNY Dee Jay and do mine for me? It is so nasty because I have been sick for so long and only have x amount of energy and by the time I'm done just picking up I don't have the energy to do the real cleaning.

I used to joke that after Lyd left we would just blow up the house and start over. After last night I won't say that anymore. We had a space heater and the other night I smelled something that made me think of the hospital. It was a chemical smell. We looked all over and couldn't find anything. it was warm and I had a window open and the neighbor was grilling so we thought it was that. Well this morning my husband showed me what he said was the surge protector that the space heater was plugged into. It was a melted blob of gunk and when he woke up in the middle of the night he knew something was wrong. (Thank God he fell asleep on the couch and thank God he woke up) the rug was starting to burn and the plug thingie burst into flames. he was able to put it out without any problem but I shudder to think how bad it could have been. Moral Don't buy cheap surge protectors or space heaters and know God is so awesome! :coolsign :bow

Then M called and almost hit a bear doing 75 on the highway! Again thank you God! :bow
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

violin4jesus

Postby violin4jesus » Thu May 02, 2013 3:11 am

Whoa, Shann! Talk about God protecting you guys more than once!!!! Seriously!

Deejay, I totally would have paid you $20/hr to clean our place, which is practically what we gave the kid. Wish L.A. weren't so big. It'd be nice having someone I can trust. I used to hire a girl from church to clean when we were both working in Spokane. Now that Ryan's not working, there really is no excuse if our place is a mess. Although I have to make a list for him, or he won't see the things he needs to do. Apparently this is a common disorder among men. :lol:

I did chill very well last night, and tonight presents an opportunity to really get the stuff unpacked. So as soon as I finish this note, I really should get to work. I think we're out of towels because I saw a guest towel in the second bathroom on the rack (the one Ryan's using), so it's probably time to do laundry too. Thankfully our complex has a central laundry room in the middle of the courtyard, so I think I can do my laundry at night. Bonus!

Carry on, carry on. I wasted so much time last night browsing Doctor Who Lore on Wikipedia. It's quite extensive. Maybe you should write for them, JP. Who am I kidding? You probably did! :mrgreen:

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Thu May 02, 2013 10:08 am

I would never tell. :wink: (Actually you can tell I didn't do it... there isn't enough said. :lol: )

I have seen a few good sites with Doctor Who stuff. GallifreyOne use to be a good one, haven't checked in a while.

JesusPuppy Profile

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Fri May 03, 2013 1:47 am

Was it something I said???? :shock:

:sorry

JesusPuppy Profile

PreviousNext

Return to The Water Cooler