To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Battle Cry

Weight loss support group for FaithWriters members. All welcome.

Moderator: itsjoanne

dub
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Re: Battle Cry

Postby dub » Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:43 am

The diet suggested by your doctor is basically a low sugar diet. Did he/she give you metformin or other diabetic drug?

It is a lifestyle change that will save your life - ya just gotta do it. If you are a cook you get to be inventive and creative - I make a sugarless fudge that is wonderful - you can do things with cinnamon you never thought possible. I'm praying for you. Start slowly and keep moving. Don't try to lose 20 pounds per week, some weeks you will lose 2-5, the next week none. Have fun with the cooking and over a year or two you will lose the 100lbs plus some and will feel great. Just think - new clothes.

God Bless you my friend.
"Here I am Lord, send me."

violin4jesus

Postby violin4jesus » Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:36 am

There are literally TONS of amazing recipes on various blogs, Pinterest, and FoodGawker if you are trying to cut out specific foods. I never thought I could give up dairy, but I've found it surprisingly easy when I venture to be creative (it also helps that I can afford stuff at Whole Foods when I don't have time). You will be amazed at how good you feel to give up the white stuff. I encourage you to Google "Paleo" for tips & tricks. Eliminating the white foods falls right in line with that particular diet, and I have many friends who swear by it - they've switched to Paleo and never gone back.

I'm still working on losing some stubborn weight and I have a lot of factors against me, and I second Dub in saying it's good to keep going and not get discouraged when you don't see results for weeks at a time. It took me a year and a half this time to drop 30 lbs., and it sometimes gets me down when the scale refuses to budge until I remember that I've lost 30 lbs. and KEPT IT OFF which is the key. Lifestyle change means just that - I'm changing my life for the future, not just for the here and now.

PM me if you want to add me on Facebook or Pinterest, and I can keep encouraging you in your fight. I'm a bit infrequent here, but I'd love to see you succeed. :superhappy

A Nonny Mouse
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)

Postby A Nonny Mouse » Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:52 am

dub wrote:The diet suggested by your doctor is basically a low sugar diet. Did he/she give you metformin or other diabetic drug?

No, no drugs. The doctor suggested this after we talked about my situation at length. I told my doctor that when I eat bread, I crave sugar, and it's a downhill slide from there. Once I start eating bread and sugar, of any form, I can't walk away from it. When I stay away from bread of any form, I don't crave sugar, and feel a whole lot better.

You're right, Dub, there will be weeks where the weight won't budge and that can be discouraging. I was talking to another friend of mine who suggested not getting on the scales at all. She said to ignore them, and that's what I'm trying to do so I won't get discouraged. I have to admit, that's hard! I have been in the habit of weighing first thing every morning for a long time.

I did walk yesterday for 30 minutes. It felt good to be outside even though it was a little cold. Our weather is good today, so I'm going to get out again.

Thanks for the prayers and the encouraging words. Blessings to you.
"I will give thanks to You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Wonderful are Your works, And my soul knows it very well" -- Psalms 139:14

A Nonny Mouse
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)

Postby A Nonny Mouse » Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:37 pm

violin4jesus wrote:I encourage you to Google "Paleo" for tips & tricks. Eliminating the white foods falls right in line with that particular diet, and I have many friends who swear by it - they've switched to Paleo and never gone back.

Paleo, eh? I'll check that out. Thanks, Leah!

violin4jesus wrote:I'm still working on losing some stubborn weight and I have a lot of factors against me, and I second Dub in saying it's good to keep going and not get discouraged when you don't see results for weeks at a time. It took me a year and a half this time to drop 30 lbs., and it sometimes gets me down when the scale refuses to budge until I remember that I've lost 30 lbs. and KEPT IT OFF which is the key. Lifestyle change means just that - I'm changing my life for the future, not just for the here and now.

PM me if you want to add me on Facebook or Pinterest, and I can keep encouraging you in your fight. I'm a bit infrequent here, but I'd love to see you succeed. :superhappy

Congrats on losing 30 pounds and keeping it off! That's awesome!

I'll look for you on Facebook. Thanks for the friend invite.
"I will give thanks to You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Wonderful are Your works, And my soul knows it very well" -- Psalms 139:14

cgalmond
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Postby cgalmond » Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:18 am

I am with you on this one. I love the battle cry. I live on a cliff top overlooking the sea. My walk is down the steps or the footpath that leads down there. There I look at the greatness of God when I see the beauty down there. I also look across the bay and remember all those young men that went out from there. This was in world war one, we have so much to be thankful for. :?

Previous

Return to FaithWriters are Losing It