To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

A place for general chat (non-writing related). Please keep political discussions to the relevant neighborhood forum.

Moderators: cori67, RedBaron, Shann

Allison
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Re: Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

Postby Allison » Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:55 pm

Shann wrote:Oh Allison, I'm sorry I left you out! When I mentioned the hip thing, I should have thought of you. I have been so frazzled lately but it feels so good to be busy! I'm glad you popped in and seem to be doing okay considering everything! Did you enter a challenge too? I'm still hoping that one day we will all be able to submit on one topic and then all leave comments on the other's. It's a dream I'm not giving up sop you all should just do it so I'll quit nagging. :D :D

Oh Shann... I did NOT mean the "in case you're wondering" as code for "Since you seem to have forgotten about me." At all. Sorry if it came across that way.
Isaiah 40:30-31 (NIV)

violin4jesus

Postby violin4jesus » Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:16 am

Wow, you all got wordy all of a sudden! I was sent home on standby at 10:30pm, so I actually have 6 hours to write something for the Challenge if I can come up with something really fast here. :roll:

I finally got my replacement phone from the insurance today, so I'm syncing it with iTunes right now. So nice that all my messages and notes and apps transfer seamlessly. It doesn't even look different! My old phone had a problem where it would switch back and forth between silent and ring if I tried to put it on silent. It was getting annoying because it would vibrate randomly at various times of the day and night. And I could never be sure if it was on silent. Thankfully our insurance plan through Verizon covers a replacement phone for free. I was thinking about upgrading, but after what Becky said (and I'm SOOOO glad she warned me) I would rather keep what I have and continue my unlimited data plan. We use our phones for almost everything except writing. We don't even need to take our computers on vacation anymore, since the phone does it all. Even 20 years ago I think we all believed that was only possible in the distant future.

Thank you for your condolences regarding my coworker. It's still hard to believe she's gone. Whenever something random or weird happens now, the girls are blaming it on her, saying she's messing with us and trying to make things interesting. I seriously don't believe that, but I laugh and tease them about it. I think I probably won't cry again until her memorial. We conversed, but she wasn't really open, so I wasn't particularly close. Thankfully the craziness is waning, and we aren't as swamped as we were last week.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TIARA!!!

Okay, back to your regularly scheduled ramblings (and barkings). :mrgreen:

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:23 am

(and barkings).

Arf.

Rebecky wrote:I don't think that was me that talked about the newspaper thing.

Anyway... things are crazy for lack of a better term. I'm tired. Been working a lot more and we've got a heat wave going ... OK maybe not a heat wave but 80 degree weather in April is just ridiculous and today we hit 90+!

But thankfully tomorrow we start the cool down process again. Phew!

Didn't you just have snow last week? Or have I missed a few weeks somewhere. :roll:

As for our little miss Spunky.. Jazzy Tazzy the Princess of Terror..

Happy Birthday... Brat. :tongue
:birthday

I had saved a picture of a cake.. but can't get on my Photobucket page now.. and it even had the right number of candles, all eleven of them. :wink:
....JesusPuppy (or just call me Pup) Image

And just for the record, I am a Male.

"I am a writer, I do NOT lie... I fictionalise." JP

"The Lord Bless thee, and keep thee.." Num. 6:24

JesusPuppy Profile

Cypress Times, online Christian news paper.

Rebecky

Postby Rebecky » Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:20 pm

We got snow 18 days ago. :P
Dum Spiro Spero

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:53 am

Well what do you know. It seems like just last week. Must be fractural displacements in the time continum... I'll have to have some one look into that. :roll:

:mrgreen:

JesusPuppy Profile

JoyAnn

Postby JoyAnn » Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:05 am

Well, even though my thing said 750 words I must have gone over, because it isn't up among the entries :(
~Jazzy~Tazzy~
~Tazzarina~Terror~
~Terrorizer~Princess~
~Spunky~PopTart~JoyBells~

"Oh, I KNOW I'm not confused."

"Yeah, I am a Moron."

In His Love and Mercy, Tiara Joy

Terrorizer41192@hotmail.com
(I can't even get into this one, so if you sent anything to it I won't get it....)
TiaraJoy's Profile

JoyAnn

Postby JoyAnn » Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:10 am

JesusPuppy wrote:
As for our little miss Spunky.. Jazzy Tazzy the Princess of Terror..

Happy Birthday... Brat. :tongue
:birthday

I had saved a picture of a cake.. but can't get on my Photobucket page now.. and it even had the right number of candles, all eleven of them. :wink:

Har Har
~Jazzy~Tazzy~
~Tazzarina~Terror~
~Terrorizer~Princess~
~Spunky~PopTart~JoyBells~

"Oh, I KNOW I'm not confused."

"Yeah, I am a Moron."

In His Love and Mercy, Tiara Joy

Terrorizer41192@hotmail.com
(I can't even get into this one, so if you sent anything to it I won't get it....)
TiaraJoy's Profile

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:26 am

I saw chocolate cake with candles and copied it, just didn't think to look at the time as to how many there were. Really. I was not try to say anything like.. well.. you know. :wink:

JesusPuppy Profile

cori67
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby cori67 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:21 pm

Deejay - thanks for checking on me. I JUST got the LinkedIn request - but I did respond. I am here!

:superhappy :superhappy :superhappy :superhappy :superhappy

jaybird
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Postby jaybird » Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:51 pm

Shann and Amy know that I have thyroid cancer. It's very treatable, which is removing it. My surgery will be in June. I'm a complex specimen with a trache and vent.

I'm making a slideshow of my life - I know boring. I have a Rest stop slide. I have Amy, Shann, Pup, others. Becky and others, can you donate a pic (jpeg if possible)?

I'm about to complete a new praise song, titled "I have a song in my heart" - it's based on a friend's poem.
I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. Philippians 4:13

"Why sweat the small stuff when it's really not a big stink" - my quote

http://www.journalhome.com/ThingsToShare/

Shann

Postby Shann » Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:24 pm

Allison wrote:
Shann wrote:Oh Allison, I'm sorry I left you out! When I mentioned the hip thing, I should have thought of you. I have been so frazzled lately but it feels so good to be busy! I'm glad you popped in and seem to be doing okay considering everything! Did you enter a challenge too? I'm still hoping that one day we will all be able to submit on one topic and then all leave comments on the other's. It's a dream I'm not giving up sop you all should just do it so I'll quit nagging. :D :D

Oh Shann... I did NOT mean the "in case you're wondering" as code for "Since you seem to have forgotten about me." At all. Sorry if it came across that way.

Oh I knew you would never mean it that way at all. I had this itching on my brain because I'm always afraid I'll leave someone out and when I saw your post, I slapped myself in the head, then after waking up, and crawling off the floor, up to the computer chair, propping myself on the desk, then putting my hands in the right spot even though three of my fingers on my left hand don't always go where they are supposed to which normally I can adjust to somewhat unless my middle finger decides to go strolling off without the other accompanying fingers on that hand then I can get into trouble and then...oh even I can't think of anything to follow that! I knew you knew that I love you, but I didn't know if Pup knew that I knew that you knew that I love you and we all know how Pup can get when he doesn't know that I knew that you knew that I love you even though everyone should know that I know that they know that I knew that I forgot to mention you even though I knew that you knew it. (How was that?)Image
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

Shann

Postby Shann » Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:37 pm

JoyAnn wrote:Well, even though my thing said 750 words I must have gone over, because it isn't up among the entries :(

Aww that's a bummer, usually they do their very best to notify the person to give them a chance. Did the thank you your entry was submitted page pop up? Sometimes I take too long pasting and copying so I get logged out and don't know it. Though if you entered at the last minute it might have been too late, though I know they will give a small leeway because different counters count differently.

Did you submit it under the general submissions? You should then go to the brick throwing thread and tell people it didn't get submitted and ask for feedback. I still want to read it!

I sent you a bday card via email but never got the note saying you received it. Are you still at dramaqueen or something like that? (Don't give me your email on here if it is wrong cuz I don't want the spammers to get it.) I was thinking of you though! :)

Jay again, I am so sorry about the cancer thin. I know pray is the most one can do for another, but sometimes it feels like it just isn't enough. Do you know when the surgery will be and how long you will be in the hospital.? I hate it when people seem like they are pitying me because that makes me pitiful (No comments from the peanut gallery!) but I will say it doesn't seem fair that you have been hit so hard in life, but then God has a wonderful way of turning horrible things into ways to glorify His name and you are an outstanding example of just that. You inspire me Jay and I really mean it. Sometimes I get wrapped up on the little things in my life, but God is so great in his omnipotent and omniscient way of making sure we have the right tools to battle against the hardships of life. Know I am thinking of you and praying. I wish there was a way you could get to the conference, but I reckon it wouldn't be advisable so soon after surgery. Hugs, my friend. :grouphug :loveyou
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

jaybird
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Postby jaybird » Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:28 pm

Thanks, Shann! Hugs to you! I don't know how long the surgery will be. I can't imagine it'll be more than 2 hours. I do know, I'll spend a couple days in the hospital.
I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. Philippians 4:13

"Why sweat the small stuff when it's really not a big stink" - my quote

http://www.journalhome.com/ThingsToShare/

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:22 am

Shann wrote: I knew you knew that I love you, but I didn't know if Pup knew that I knew that you knew that I love you and we all know how Pup can get when he doesn't know that I knew that you knew that I love you even though everyone should know that I know that they know that I knew that I forgot to mention you even though I knew that you knew it. (How was that?)

Say that again , but slower... and in English. :roll:

:tongue

JesusPuppy Profile

Shann

Postby Shann » Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:30 am

seriously? It took me forever to come up with it the first time and you think I can do it again? You must have great faith in me. :mrgreen:
Shann

Shann's Profile

PreviousNext

Return to The Water Cooler