To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

A place for general chat (non-writing related). Please keep political discussions to the relevant neighborhood forum.

Moderators: cori67, RedBaron, Shann

violin4jesus
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Re: Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

Postby violin4jesus » Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:07 am

I missed you guys. :cry:

A lot has happened in the last week. I'm trying to slow down & breathe. One of my coworkers was found dead in her apartment last week, and we were already shorthanded before that, so now that she's gone, we're trying to cover for her schedule as well as just the regular busy-ness that goes on as we move toward summer (baby season). They said they'd put together a memorial for her sometime next week, and it's been so busy every night I've worked that we haven't had time to even slow down and grieve. My other coworker said she was a believer, and though we don't know if the death was accidental or intentional, it gives me some hope for her soul. I was out of town the night they found out; I don't know how I could have worked that night with no warning.

Last night I ended up staying an hour late to chart after my shift, and one doctor was freaking out about how I didn't call her in the middle of the night about her patient, so now I'm just irritated with her. She always finds some way to say we aren't doing things right. So from now on if I have one of her patients, I am going to call her about every single little thing even if I don't think it's significant. She totally brushed off the concern I brought up both the night before and in the morning, but narrowed in on the thing that I wasn't as concerned about and acted like I'd committed a mortal sin by not calling her earlier. I had two patients and was running back and forth between them all night adjusting both of their monitors because they weren't reading correctly. I'm exhausted! :roll:

We had a good trip to San Diego for our anniversary and enjoyed Sea World. We had a very nice dinner at a little Italian place along the beach the night before, and then after Sea World our friends just north of S.D. treated us to barbecue food at a small diner.

Other than that I've just been working, and having doctor visits and therapy for my back. It's been feeling a lot better after I started seeing the chiropractor for the work comp.

We get our keys next week and start moving in to our new place.

Hope you all are doing well.

JoyAnn

Postby JoyAnn » Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:19 am

JesusPuppy wrote:
JoyAnn wrote:Splash as the new topic and the deadline is my birthday..ummm so many thoughts.

Dare we say...

HINT!!

See.. silly comment. :heehee

I am too tired to understand this joke, your are going to have to explain it to me!
~Jazzy~Tazzy~
~Tazzarina~Terror~
~Terrorizer~Princess~
~Spunky~PopTart~JoyBells~

"Oh, I KNOW I'm not confused."

"Yeah, I am a Moron."

In His Love and Mercy, Tiara Joy

Terrorizer41192@hotmail.com
(I can't even get into this one, so if you sent anything to it I won't get it....)
TiaraJoy's Profile

Ms. Barbie

Postby Ms. Barbie » Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:50 am

Oh Leah, how traumatizing about your co-worker. :(

I understand short-staffing- have to deal with it on routine basis. I'm the one in charge of supplying the staffing, and when there is just NO ONE to do the work, I come in to cover shifts or do the task that needs and extra person. It's kind of scary for me to do the physical labor since my left hip is now bone on bone and I walk with a marked limp. I'm not that stable on my feet.

Congrats on new home. What city will you be living in now?
Barb Culler

lauralnm
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Postby lauralnm » Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:35 pm

So what do you think? Let's come up with a day and we can all pester those who haven't been on for a really really long time like Leonie, Kate, Ivy, Lauren, Patty, Shelley, Seema, Tim, Kara, Laura, Cynthia (2 of the newbies who mysteriously disappeared and I have been praying for and worried about)
And those who pop in sometimes, but not enough or just lurk in the background like Amy, Becky, Barb, Holly, Jay,

Hello Shann and all! Been thinking about you all. Had to cancel my membership, but should have continued on the Forums. I miss all the action, but my life has certainly not been void of chaos, but also lots of blessings.

I hope to one day soon try to squeeze out enough money for the premium membership, but as it stands now, I have to hold off. Hope all is going well for everyone. I haven't had a chance to catch up on everyone's activities, but will try within a short period of time. I did notice that Shann and Pup are still at it... makes me laugh every time.

Take care... blessings, Laura

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:06 pm

JoyAnn wrote:I am too tired to understand this joke, your are going to have to explain it to me!

I will tell you in a couple days.
....JesusPuppy (or just call me Pup) Image

And just for the record, I am a Male.

"I am a writer, I do NOT lie... I fictionalise." JP

"The Lord Bless thee, and keep thee.." Num. 6:24

JesusPuppy Profile

Cypress Times, online Christian news paper.

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:51 am

Oh, by the way, Shann...

Shann wrote:And if you're confused what on earth does that make me?

Normal. :(

But that's ok, we will still allow you on here. :mrgreen:
....JesusPuppy (or just call me Pup) Image

And just for the record, I am a Male.

"I am a writer, I do NOT lie... I fictionalise." JP

"The Lord Bless thee, and keep thee.." Num. 6:24

JesusPuppy Profile

Cypress Times, online Christian news paper.

violin4jesus

Postby violin4jesus » Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:02 pm

Laura, I hope you will consider coming to the conference. There are often scholarships available for those who live nearby and want to come but are held up by money. If you stay with Shari & me in a room, it'd only be $30 a night, which is dirt cheap for a nice hotel. And if we get another roomie, it'd be even less. Since you're within driving distance for this conference, it'd really be worth it. I'm always inspired to write when I go, and it's absolutely wonderful to meet everyone.

And there are also scholarships for premium memberships at FW, too. Just sayin'.

I had a much better night at work last night - beautiful delivery and recovery, and then I was free to work on education the rest of the night. I even clocked out early for once and made it home by 8am!

Barb, we'll be living in Lomita - not too far from San Pedro. It's about a 15-minute cut off my commute, and only 3 minutes from the gym. Plus the gate is automatic; no more dragging the heavy iron gate open to get our cars in and out. I'm really looking forward to our new place. It's got hooks on the balcony and we've already seen hummingbirds flying around there; so we're planning to hang a hummingbird feeder and enjoy the fun. I'm sure in a few months my FB friends will be rolling their eyes over how many pictures I post of them. :lol:

I had my review at work last night and I passed with flying colors - phew! Reviews always make me nervous. :roll: I just have to work on reducing my overtime; apparently almost half my shifts include some overtime, and they want me to get down to 35% or lower.

I'd better get to bed - have to be up in 8 hours. Night night, or day day, whatever it is for you. :wink:

deejay

Postby deejay » Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:40 pm

I sent a message to Cori via LinkedIn, saying I hadn't seen her on the boards lately. If she's been on and I haven't seen her, my eyes must be going--my hearing doesn't seem to be holding up too well either. Last Saturday and yesterday I was helping a couple at my church with getting their place organized so they can sell their townhome and move to where the husband doesn't have to deal with stairs. They're paying me $10/hour, which has really come in handy. I've earned $110 so far. It's cutting into my computer time, but if it reduces my financial stress, that's okay.

JoyAnn

Postby JoyAnn » Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:47 pm

JesusPuppy wrote:
JoyAnn wrote:I am too tired to understand this joke, your are going to have to explain it to me!

I will tell you in a couple days.

You're a turd!
~Jazzy~Tazzy~
~Tazzarina~Terror~
~Terrorizer~Princess~

"Yeah, I am a Moron."

(I can't even get into this one, so if you sent anything to it I won't get it....)
TiaraJoy's Profile

JoyAnn

Postby JoyAnn » Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:14 pm

it was rushed and probably a piece of fictitious poo but I submitted an entry...
~Jazzy~Tazzy~
~Tazzarina~Terror~
~Terrorizer~Princess~

"Yeah, I am a Moron."

TiaraJoy's Profile

Shann

Postby Shann » Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:11 pm

JesusPuppy wrote:Oh, by the way, Shann...

Shann wrote:And if you're confused what on earth does that make me?

Normal. :(

But that's ok, we will still allow you on here. :mrgreen:

You don't have to be mean about! Tah normal, Tah, I'll show you, you'd better sleep with one eye open! Tah! :tongue :tongue Image
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

Shann

Postby Shann » Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:38 pm

Tiara Pup was teasing you because it looked like you were hinting or reminding of us of your birthday tomorrow (HAPPY DAY BTW!!It's the same as my MIL) and we had been mentioning that some people leave silly comments don't worry though, Becky has promised to attempt to keep him in line with a rolled up newspaper! I'm excited you submitted a challenge entry! Happy dance!! I did too but it is way, way , way out there. I bet if ya all read every entry in level four pretty much everyone here would be able to spot mine in a minute!

Dee Jay I'm glad to hear you are getting some extra money. That always helps relieve some anxiety I'm sure. I have been so blessed with my editing jobs! At first they were pretty low amounts, but now they are building up and $25 here and there really helps.

We are going to NC next month so Q can show me around Duke, then the four of us (M's married now so she has her own us and isn't coming on the family vaca :( but I'm so happy that she is married to such an awesome guy) Then we are going to cram the four of us into Chris' little Dodge...uhm I can't remind what it is but it's small. The first 13 hours to NC won't be too bad. I'll bring my huge pregnancy pillow and maybe an egg crate and make a bed for me in the back seat, but the ten hours to Orlando are going to be tight. Q is tall about 6 feet and has knee problems and Chris and I are just fat. Good thing Lyd is so skinny. We'll probably all be a tad grumpy by the time we get there but hopefully will have a nice time. Lyd and I went to Disney 3 years ago with M so probably won't spend too much time there. Man it has gotten so expensive. Lyd and Q really want to check out the Harry Potter section at Universal but it's like pretty much all roller coasters and I wouldn't willingly get on one for a million bucks (though Chris has said for a million bucks he'd knock me out and force me on it...think about that if you're not married!) Hmm am I the only one foolish er I mean blessed enough to be married? Oh no Leah and Laura are too.

Speaking of Laura, I am doing a happy dance!!! I've been quite worried about you and have sent emails and such so I'm so glad you popped in. Leah is right, you should consider going to the conference. I personally know someone who has set some money aside to help if someone wants to go. I also know people who are willing to sponsor someone for a gold membership. I really do hope you will consider it.

Leah, that sounds awful about your co-worker. It would be really hard to work after getting blind-sided with news like that. Once I came into work and saw the sheriff walking down the hall then heard the new mom screaming and crying. It turned out after she had her first baby her husband went home and celebrated and the house burned down with him in it. It's amazing how in 12 hours you can go from best day ever to worst day ever. I'm glad that you got a GOOD REVIEW and found a new apartment.

Barb!! I'm happy to see you actually pop in too instead of just lurk around behind the scenes. I'm sorry about your hip, it sounds dreadful. Is there anything they can do or does it look like you might need a hip replacement? I'm praying.

I'm not sure if Seema is still lurking or not. I know she has been really busy. She shared some exciting news a while back and recently she sent me an email with some of the details. I'm so happy for her and even a wee bit jealous. So if you are lurking, Seema, please come on in and tell everyone what you have been up to recently. It's so way cool!! :mrgreen: :coolsign

've been doing some editing, knitting and made roast beef, carrots and cabbage for dinner. It's hard to want to cook for just the two of us, especially when I'm never sure what time Chris will be home. That's a good thing about a pot roast though, as long as there is liquid in the pan it doesn't have to be taken out at a specific time.
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

Allison

Postby Allison » Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:46 pm

In case you are wondering, I've been dong petty well. I posted an update as a separate topic, in case you didn't see it. viewtopic.php?f=4&t=36845
Isaiah 40:30-31 (NIV)

Shann

Postby Shann » Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:06 pm

Oh Allison, I'm sorry I left you out! When I mentioned the hip thing, I should have thought of you. I have been so frazzled lately but it feels so good to be busy! I'm glad you popped in and seem to be doing okay considering everything! Did you enter a challenge too? I'm still hoping that one day we will all be able to submit on one topic and then all leave comments on the other's. It's a dream I'm not giving up sop you all should just do it so I'll quit nagging. :D :D
Shann

Shann's Profile

Rebecky

Postby Rebecky » Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:38 pm

I don't think that was me that talked about the newspaper thing.

Anyway... things are crazy for lack of a better term. I'm tired. Been working a lot more and we've got a heat wave going ... OK maybe not a heat wave but 80 degree weather in April is just ridiculous and today we hit 90+!

But thankfully tomorrow we start the cool down process again. Phew!
Dum Spiro Spero

PreviousNext

Return to The Water Cooler