To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

A place for general chat (non-writing related). Please keep political discussions to the relevant neighborhood forum.

Moderators: cori67, RedBaron, Shann

Shann

Re: Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

Postby Shann » Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:34 am

Thanks Holly, I'll hold you to it. The orders need to be in by the 31. The stuff is kind of expensive but she is about halfway to her goal that she needs for my party.

Tiara I so get the plateauing thing and it's frustrating but don't give up, I did and then I gained back almost half of the 65 pounds I lost. So keep plugging away and gradually increase your exercise you can do it. And I think you should check out the 31 catalog and buy yourself something for your birthday!

And you pup I think you could use a new purse or something!

So my FIL said he would come to conference with me, but I don't know if I can make it through the panic attacks. I was up to their house today and started getting nervous about going to the dinner at the church. He tried to help but it made it worse though when I started shaking my hands really hard my MIL asked if I was cold and M and FIL both said no she's working off her nerves so that is promising that he understood what it was that I was doing but what will TSA do if I start rocking back and forth and flapping my arms like a chicken? Maybe if I don't do any Bawking (which Lyd insists I bawk like a chicken when I sleep talk) they won't tackle me to the ground and taze me. I know someone who has a tazer maybe I should have them practice on me.

Becky I think you should go, but have your layover in Rochester NY and we can do the last leg together with my FIL. Oh and when I mentioned TSA, he said he always gets pulled because of his accent to which I replied Oh good we'll both be tackled to the floor and tazed and he said well at least we'll be together! Oh boy I don't know if I can do it or not!
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

Rebecky
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Postby Rebecky » Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:42 am

I wish I could Shann but I just can't afford it and it's too far, not to mention that it's on the 28th and 29th and my friend is getting married on the 29th and I'm IN the wedding. Already have my Bridesmaid dress and shoes which I just got over the weekend.

Besides i've never flown before and I would probably panic as much as you or worse... don't know if your FIL can handle two of us. :tongue
Dum Spiro Spero

Rebecky

Postby Rebecky » Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:48 am

Actually... when I was going through the 31 catalog i'm pretty sure I saw a "Perfect pet leash" ... which is just PERFECT for puppy!!

C'mon, Pup... don't you want to look a spiffy spazzy in a new little leash :wink: :tongue :mrgreen:
Dum Spiro Spero

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:26 am

I like my old invisible model just fine , thank you very much. :tongue
....JesusPuppy (or just call me Pup) Image

And just for the record, I am a Male.

"I am a writer, I do NOT lie... I fictionalise." JP

"The Lord Bless thee, and keep thee.." Num. 6:24

JesusPuppy Profile

Cypress Times, online Christian news paper.

deejay

Postby deejay » Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:50 pm

We really love you, Pup. And stop calling yourself a lousy writer; that story you sent me several years ago was great, just needed work on the spelling and punctuation.

Things have gotten a bit interesting lately. Recently, I was asked to take over the Thursday night Bible study I've been attending, and this Thursday I was supposed to start with a study on Hebrews 6. Then, because the couple that ran it were not going to be available this Thursday, and with Good Friday coming up, we decided to have the Bible study before the Good Friday service. But yesterday at church, Pastor said he would still be working during it, so it was a no-go. So next Thursday I'll have my chance. I've already got a good head of steam built up for the study, as well as some notes and a video to show. At least this way I have more time to work on it! :mrgreen:

This morning something really weird happened on the bus. A woman with a Down syndrome son got on, and I saw her carrying a bag--a white plastic shopping bag. When they got off, she left the bag behind. I asked her if that wasn't her bag, and she said no. English wasn't her first language. My stop was coming up, so I got the bag, looked inside--a sponge, a bottle of dishwashing liquid, and two prescription bottles of Cymbalta. I gave them to the driver and told him, but he told me to put them in the trash. That is so strange--why would anyone not claim dish soap, a sponge and two bottles of prescription medicine? Both the sponge and dish soap were new. How bizarre is that?

Rain is forecast for our area on Easter Sunday. We are believing for 450 people to come to both services total. We also have been having some technical issues with the sound system and video, as well as our church website. The enemy is trying to keep the Gospel from being preached and revival coming to our area. Please pray for good weather, resolution of technical issues, and for a great turnout.

Rebecky

Postby Rebecky » Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:30 pm

Woke up this morning to snow on the ground, it snowed all morning changed to rain for a bit then mixed for a bit and now it's been all snow again since earlier this afternoon.

Can't believe it's as late as it is and we FINALLY get (accumulating) snow.
Dum Spiro Spero

Shann

Postby Shann » Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:47 pm

if that snow heads north Becky... :pirate2 we have had enough!! but i do like the idea of the leash for Pup. if i had $15 to spend, i'd send it to him! hopefully a couple more people will buy stuff.

i need to rush off to Bible study and have to finish 3 editing jobs next week at tis time so i'm nutzier than normal!

look for info coming soon on another kids contest!

love yas

i
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

jaybird
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Postby jaybird » Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:47 pm

Oh...it's me and the never ending novel revision! :lol:

I'm feeling much better after kidney stints were taken out.

A beautiful sunny day in the Inland Northwest.
I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. Philippians 4:13

"Why sweat the small stuff when it's really not a big stink" - my quote

http://www.journalhome.com/ThingsToShare/

Shann

Postby Shann » Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:13 pm

Glad to hear you're doing better Jay! I know how miserable kidney stones are. I don't know how you managed it for as long as you did. It was comparable to giving birth and labor pains, but you don't get a cute little baby.

I almost have my biggest editing project ready to go out to the next person. Man it was a lot of work and still needs some tweaking and rearranging but I'm so excited because the author is a sweetheart and has done wonders for my self-esteem.

Though I risk being picked on by Pup--I can just hear him--Who's the old goat now!) but because I love my daughter I'm gonna nag (hence the old goat remark) anyone who might at all be interested in buying something from M's 31 party (I still think Pup should get the leash) to please, please help my delightful, thoughtful, beautiful daughter out Orders need to be in by the end of the week. I know some of you have already declined nicely, but if anyone else needs to get a new bag, or a present for someone (there are gift certificates too) it would mean a lot to me.

Thank you Becky for helping her out! You will always be her first! (That didn't sound right, but I do appreciate it!) :D
Shann

Shann's Profile

deejay

Postby deejay » Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:46 pm

Well, it seems the chance of rain on Easter for Southern California is down to 30%, or 50% depending on who you use for information. And it looks like the rain will be coming in the evening/late night hours into early Monday. We're at least 7" below normal rainfall as it is, we need the rain desperately, but it can hold off for another day after Easter, the way I see it.

Regarding California's Defense of Marriage Act, have you noticed that the opposition has come out on this right before Easter? I generally don't believe in coincidences, but we all know the enemy can never pass up an opportunity to stir up a hornet's nest at a time when people are looking forward to the most significant date on the Christian calendar. Pray that all opposition to the Defense of Marriage Act, which states that marriage is between a man and a woman, is put to open shame and defeated.

AnneRene'

Postby AnneRene' » Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:04 am

deejay wrote:Well, it seems the chance of rain on Easter for Southern California is down to 30%, or 50% depending on who you use for information. And it looks like the rain will be coming in the evening/late night hours into early Monday. We're at least 7" below normal rainfall as it is, we need the rain desperately, but it can hold off for another day after Easter, the way I see it.

Regarding California's Defense of Marriage Act, have you noticed that the opposition has come out on this right before Easter? I generally don't believe in coincidences, but we all know the enemy can never pass up an opportunity to stir up a hornet's nest at a time when people are looking forward to the most significant date on the Christian calendar. Pray that all opposition to the Defense of Marriage Act, which states that marriage is between a man and a woman, is put to open shame and defeated.

Amen DeeJay! As for the rain....we's up north need it too, so praying for that too.

To all of y'all...hi....hope all is well and I'm off to take Willis (the man I work for) to the surgery center of a cervical steroid inj. Pray for him, that all goes well because after this procedre....he'll feel 20 years younger! :) He had his low back done last year and it's amazing how well he can get around now.

Byeeee for now.

Shann

Postby Shann » Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:35 am

Hey all, oh I wish I could tell you all that is going on in my life right now--CRAZY!! But not a bad crazy. Just frustrating at times.

We have another kid writing contest so all of you who have grandchildren or kiddies or nieces or nephews or aliens between the ages of 7 to 16 tell them to check it out!!

THANK YOU HOLLY AND BECKY FROM ORDERING FROM M'S THINGIE I LOVE YOU!!!
Shann

Shann's Profile

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:46 pm

Hey I am a child at heart does that count? How about child-ish? Or child-like. Ummm.. hum.

Days off and nothing happening.

I did start a new story, nothing much, but at least I am writing on something.

Question... Have you ever been up to chapter 4 and havea good idea for ch 5 but need to go back and redo ch1 so then add to ch3 so 4 will make it ready for ch 5?

Like I said... nothing happening. :heehee
....JesusPuppy (or just call me Pup) Image

And just for the record, I am a Male.

"I am a writer, I do NOT lie... I fictionalise." JP

"The Lord Bless thee, and keep thee.." Num. 6:24

JesusPuppy Profile

Cypress Times, online Christian news paper.

JoyAnn

Postby JoyAnn » Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:01 am

BOO!
~Jazzy~Tazzy~
~Tazzarina~Terror~
~Terrorizer~Princess~
~Spunky~PopTart~JoyBells~

"Oh, I KNOW I'm not confused."

"Yeah, I am a Moron."

In His Love and Mercy, Tiara Joy

Terrorizer41192@hotmail.com
(I can't even get into this one, so if you sent anything to it I won't get it....)
TiaraJoy's Profile

Rebecky

Postby Rebecky » Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:45 am

So my friend and I went bowling last night and the ball slipped out of my hand and I stabbed myself with my own fingernail. Broke the skin and bled for a while, even once it stopped I bowled and then it started bleeding again so I had to ask for a band-aide. lol

We're gonna go see Oz tonight. My friend and her boyfriend have already saw it and want to see it again and extended the invite to me. I just hope I don't hate the movie.

Sorry I haven't been around much. I've been working more. This week is the first week I worked less than 3 days and most of the weeks I was working at least 4 days and then I've been going out and hanging out with friends from time to time.

Recently I had an issue with my computer and long story short there was no way to fix it except to reinstall windows. Except I only had a CD of Windows 7 and my computer had Windows 8. So I had to reinstall windows and downgrade to Windows 7 again. BUT I don't care cause I didn't even like Windows 8 and one of my friends doesn't like Windows 8 either.

Well see you puppys & Gals on the flip side.

(P.S. Shann I have a funny story to tell you that I think you'll laugh over but it probably isn't FW appropriate :wink: )
Dum Spiro Spero

PreviousNext

Return to The Water Cooler