To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

A place for general chat (non-writing related). Please keep political discussions to the relevant neighborhood forum.

Moderators: RedBaron, cori67, Shann

Shann

Re: Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

Postby Shann » Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:25 pm

Oh and I sent many of you an invitation to my FB online 31 party. My daughter is trying to become a consultant and needs to have 3 successful parties in one month. I know some of you can't afford the stuff in there, but if you do need something and like 31 please check it out or let me know if you aren't on FB and are interested. Becky was M's very first order and she was so excited i thought she might pee herself (M, not Becky) :D

Oh and Pup, they do a pretty good job of keeping you in line! :tongue

Becky, it snowed here again! Should I make a snowball and chuck it your way? :brrr
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

JesusPuppy
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Postby JesusPuppy » Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:13 pm

No they don't. or I would be a lot better person, not this ornery old goat you keep yelling about. :tongue

Oh and whose birthday were you shouting about? Bubbles? Ain't she a bit old for those. :roll:

Luv ya Bubbles. :mrgreen:
....JesusPuppy (or just call me Pup) Image

And just for the record, I am a Male.

"I am a writer, I do NOT lie... I fictionalise." JP

"The Lord Bless thee, and keep thee.." Num. 6:24

JesusPuppy Profile

Cypress Times, online Christian news paper.

Shann

Postby Shann » Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:10 pm

JesusPuppy wrote:No they don't. or I would be a lot better person, not this ornery old goat you keep yelling about. :tongue

Oh and whose birthday were you shouting about? Bubbles? Ain't she a bit old for those. :roll:

Luv ya Bubbles. :mrgreen:
No matter who keeps you in line, you'll still be an ole goat, but the difference is when kept in line, you just do a lot of baaaaing, but left unchecked, you might start charging and ramming people in the butt :tongue

And yes it was Holly's birthday and as long as Grandma used to say when asked how she was, she'd answer, "I'm kicking a little" so as long as she is still kicking then Holly or anybody isn't too old for birthdays.
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

Allison

Postby Allison » Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:19 pm

Shann, I got the invitation for the thirty-one party, and I love their products. If this had been any other time, I probably would have bought something through your party. However, I have a college friend/acquaintance who's a consultant, and she just lost her precious baby boy a few months ago. My next Thirty-One purchase is going to be through her.
Isaiah 40:30-31 (NIV)

Shann

Postby Shann » Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:06 am

I understand. Thanks though. I'm hoping it will work out for her (M). If not, then God has other plans.:-)
Shann

Shann's Profile

violin4jesus

Postby violin4jesus » Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:04 am

I don't really do a lot of shopping online; I checked the catalog, but there's nothing I need right now - unfortunately I had just bought a new purse at Target recently. I could use some summer clothes, but we're currently saving up for the move so that's going to wait a bit. I've still got plenty of T-shirts from last year.

Another busy night at work last night but my patient and her husband ADORED me. We had a great delivery and she did an amazing job. I do hope they put in a good word for me because reviews are coming up and every little bit helps. :wink:

Then tonight Ryan and I went to a free local concert. Both bands that played had a great sound, even though they were totally different styles. There were others to play, but Ryan was tired, so we came home and watched Once Upon A Time before Ryan went to bed. It was nice to get out and do something different. Ryan goes to a lot of concerts and I rarely get a chance to go as well (or I'm not into the bands he likes).

I am liking the TENS unit, so maybe I'll order one for myself. I saw them on Amazon for not that much. I can ask my massage therapist if I can borrow it for longer. It really makes a difference. I need to do my PT homework, too. Or at least get on the Wii. I do better when I work out.

Hope y'all are doing well.

JoyAnn

Postby JoyAnn » Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:53 am

JesusPuppy wrote:
As for little Miss Terror (or Re-Kiddo-Becky) keeping me in check... dream on Shann. :tongue

Yeah, just because I bop the old dog on the nose with a newspaper doesn't mean that that does anything.
~Jazzy~Tazzy~
~Tazzarina~Terror~
~Terrorizer~Princess~
~Spunky~PopTart~JoyBells~

"Oh, I KNOW I'm not confused."

"Yeah, I am a Moron."

In His Love and Mercy, Tiara Joy

Terrorizer41192@hotmail.com
(I can't even get into this one, so if you sent anything to it I won't get it....)
TiaraJoy's Profile

JoyAnn

Postby JoyAnn » Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:00 am

April 4th seems like so far away...I am wanna get on to the next quarter....April 11th I turn 21 yeah baby excited for that! Hope everyone is doing well, everyone in my house including me has been sick the twins getting it the worst, not sleeping while which makes it hard on everyone mainly their mommy and daddy :( I also haven't been doing well weight loss these past few weeks and I am fearing that I am plateauing so not happy another one of the good trainers was fired/quite today my gym is just going more and more down the crapper...
~Jazzy~Tazzy~
~Tazzarina~Terror~
~Terrorizer~Princess~

"Yeah, I am a Moron."

(I can't even get into this one, so if you sent anything to it I won't get it....)
TiaraJoy's Profile

AnneRene'

Postby AnneRene' » Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:50 am

Hi Guys!

Shannikins....when does M's party close? I'll buy something (inexpensive) but mes has to wait until payday next tuesday. :(

Leahkins....I'M SURE you will get rave reviews! As for the TENS unit..glad it's helping. Ask your PT to give you the sticky thingys...my roommates PT does. :)

Jazzy-Tazzy-Terror....Wooo Hooo on turning 21! Mes excited for you....YIPPEE! As for the plateau thingy our bodies do after loosing so much weight....mes thinks it's just our bodies taking a rest. Don't feel defeted...you WILL start loosing weight again if you keep hanging in there. Also helps to add one tiny extra thingy every day that you haven't been doing like an extra walk or something.

And Beakers....where r ewe? :( Mes misses ewes!

And as for you Mr. Pupperoni...

AnneRene'

Postby AnneRene' » Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:00 pm

Allison wrote:Shann, I got the invitation for the thirty-one party, and I love their products. If this had been any other time, I probably would have bought something through your party. However, I have a college friend/acquaintance who's a consultant, and she just lost her precious baby boy a few months ago. My next Thirty-One purchase is going to be through her.

[color=#8000BFAllison...I missed this and am so heavy for your friend loosing her precious baby boy. My heart goes out to her and trusting God along with her to give her the comfort she so desperately needs. Please give her my sincerest mother's heart of empathy.[/color]

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:42 am

Back at ya oh-great-bubbly-one... :tongue

JoyAnn wrote:
JesusPuppy wrote:
As for little Miss Terror (or Re-Kiddo-Becky) keeping me in check... dream on Shann. :tongue

Yeah, just because I bop the old dog on the nose with a newspaper doesn't mean that that does anything.

:tongue

And wait just a second there little girly, You were just 13 a while back, are you scipping years?

(Again I say) :tongue

And don't worry too much on the leveling out thingy Just keep with the exersize and proper diet,if you don't start losing again, it will at least help you maintain what you have lost so far.. right?
....JesusPuppy (or just call me Pup) Image

And just for the record, I am a Male.

"I am a writer, I do NOT lie... I fictionalise." JP

"The Lord Bless thee, and keep thee.." Num. 6:24

JesusPuppy Profile

Cypress Times, online Christian news paper.

JoyAnn

Postby JoyAnn » Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:16 pm

JesusPuppy wrote:Back at ya oh-great-bubbly-one... :tongue

JoyAnn wrote:
JesusPuppy wrote:

:tongue

And wait just a second there little girly, You were just 13 a while back, are you scipping years?

(Again I say) :tongue

And don't worry too much on the leveling out thingy Just keep with the exersize and proper diet,if you don't start losing again, it will at least help you maintain what you have lost so far.. right?
I was 17 almost 18 when I joined you dork! I was never 13 on here.
And I don't want to stay the same I have 38 pounds left to lose! I am now at 62lbs down I have been sick and it sucks because I don't feel well enough to go to the gym or I am so worn out that feel like I was hit my a bus or something after a workout. hoping to get better soon. Tomorrow I have a meeting with my friend's mom, and I am really scared about what is going to happen...because I really made her mad the other day. I was supposed to clean with her and forgot and so my phone was down stairs and I sleeping when she came to get me. My sister had to come wake me up and she told her I had one minute to get ready or she was leaving without me. And I was freaking out and dazed and I wasn't ready in a minute because who would be ready in a minute dead sick sleep to ready in a minute and she left without me. I texted her right away telling her that I forgot and didn't set an alarm and that I was so sorry for my rude and unprofessional actions and if she would forgive me and all she said back was "thanks for the text....have a great day" and she is a total nut case, a control freak and Jesus obsessed and I don't know what is going to happen. And I am not kidding she is really all those things, she was told me and her daughter to pray, because God knew which candy we would like when we were pick from a box of unidentified chocolate. She is continually taking her son's games away for the littlest things, if her ex tries to get the kids early because that is when he is able to she treats to call the cops because court order says it has to be at this time. And the thinks joking and sarcasm is for the unsaved, I mean the most innocent joke could offend her and she thinks you are acting unchristian and words like p i s s, c r a p, heck and freaking are the same as same the S word, F word, B word and GD which aren't. they may be offensive and replacement words but it is not cussing or cursing someone or God out.
~Jazzy~Tazzy~
~Tazzarina~Terror~
~Terrorizer~Princess~

"Yeah, I am a Moron."

TiaraJoy's Profile

Sparrow

Postby Sparrow » Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:49 pm

Hi guys, everyone has been sick here, too. Mom got a cold and has had a bad cough for a couple weeks. I got it but after the first day pretty much my only symptom has been a fever and higher pain levels. Weird. I'm gonna try to go to church tomorrow, though.

Allison, too bad about your friend's little boy. :( My youth pastors who lost their first little girl a year and a half ago just had a healthy little girl last week. :)

Tiara, hope things work out with your co-worker person. And keep working on the weight loss! I'm really struggling with my weight, too, but trying to get it to go the opposite direction.

Holly, I am a little low on iron, but not that much.... I do need to start taking it and find some D again, too.
Amy Michelle Wiley
Check out my booklet, Bring Your Writing to Life: a writer's guide to "show; don't tell". Buy it here.
My Website, Sparrow's Flight

violin4jesus

Postby violin4jesus » Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:41 am

Hey y'all. It's another weekend that I have slept halfway through already. :roll: I did get through a few dozen emails last night, though I still have to do the budget tonight; and I did a Wii workout last night. And talked on the phone to my mom, and also my friend from northwest L.A. who needs Jesus. Ryan and I started watching Doctor Who too. But other than that I slept. :mrgreen:

So this week is winding down the Lizzie Bennet Diaries on YouTube, which is a modern adaptation of Pride & Prejudice. My friend from church got me into them way back in June of last year, and I've been sneaking on to watch the episodes every week. Now I'm going to be totally open and say "If you love good creative writing, you need to watch these videos." Totally brilliant. Great concept, good way to introduce this generation to classic literature, and lovely actors. It's given me a few ideas as far as creative writing is concerned. Since the LBD story is ending, the writers & directors are already starting on their next project. They incorporate modern social media as well, creating Twitter and Tumblr accounts for the characters, and allow fans to interact with them.

Next week I work an extra shift for some more moolah, and then the week after is our anniversary. We're going to head down to San Diego and finally use the SeaWorld tickets we bought back in August - the trip that was interrupted by Ryan's tooth getting infected and the 2am visit to the ER. :roll: We've been down twice since then but never got around to SeaWorld. But since we're saving money for moving, we figured we'd use them now. I had also bought a Groupon for dinner at the restaurant we really like at La Jolla (just north of San Diego). So we have dinner and entertainment already paid for. We're just going to do one night away, and it's in the middle of a four-day stretch off for me.

I hope all of you are having a good weekend. Tiara, hang in there. You can't expect to be perfect and if people expect that of you it's an unreasonable expectation. Sounds like she needs the Gospel, even though she's a Christian. Maybe you're the best person to share it with her. (((hugs)))

Night night.

Allison

Postby Allison » Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:00 pm

We have about 10 inches of snow on the ground.

We had a rather interesting Sunday. It didn't start snowing until about 8:00 or 8:15, so that was right when we were going to church. By the time we got to church, it was REALLY coming down hard. So they decided to cancel the second service. After the first service, there was an accident right by the church, and someone went to help the driver and brought him into the church, which then became a bit of a staging ground for the police, firemen, and EMS. The guy was talking and walking and everything. He just banged up his nose some. He didn't go to the hospital or anything. A couple of the police officers were quite impressed with our saltwater aquarium in the children's area, where everything was happening, though. To quote one of the officers, "That is one heck of an angelfish."

I think it's safe to say there hasn't been a Palm Sunday quite like this.
Isaiah 40:30-31 (NIV)

PreviousNext

Return to The Water Cooler