To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

A place for general chat (non-writing related). Please keep political discussions to the relevant neighborhood forum.

Moderators: cori67, RedBaron, Shann

Shann

Re: Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

Postby Shann » Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:33 pm

Hey just popping in to say a quick hi. I have three paid editing projects and they are all full length manuscripts so I may not be able to pop in as much as i want. I do believe holly's birthday is Saturday and since i missed sweet barb's I want to make sure I remember Holly's.

Also I am praying about whether or not i should even think about going to the conference. Doors have open and made it a possibility where before i knew I could never afford it because we are hurting so bad financially. But things have worked out in a way where it is possible though now I have to decide if my body can handle it. i'd have to get there at least one if not two days early just to veg out so I could function. I can't go alone though. It would be too dangerous with health problems and my severe panic attacks. Becky would you ever consider going? Maybe we could somehow work it out that you could fly with me? Though my panic attacks get bad. I end up scratching myself, and I don't realize it until the blood is dripping all over. I'm sure that will make becky say Yay! Sure I'd love to go with you! I'm afraid what would happen if I lost it in front of TSA too. I haven't flown since 9/11 and it was bad then!
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

JoyAnn
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Postby JoyAnn » Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:51 am

JesusPuppy wrote:OK so maybe I need to wear glasses more often while reading. I could have swore you said...
Moron 5

...and...
I just know how I want to work in Sharp...very inspired by STAB lately.

:roll:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :rolling :lol: :rolling hahahahahahahahahahahaha LMFBO (laughing my freaking butt off) that was was funny!!!

So, didn't get to writing my entry yet, but I will tomorrow and I am thinking about trying to write more praise and worship songs and maybe some skits or plays and see if I could to that to be involved at my church, because I really don't like that I am not involved but I am not at a place where I can commit to being a leader, or a teacher or anything and I don't have music talent when it comes to playing or singing but I love music and so I thought maybe I could write songs and then maybe work with the worship team to find the music, but I idk first I would have to actually write something and then talk to Jen the worship leader and probably Pastor Rollie or one of the elders at the church. Every time I have started to get an idea it is during I forget it and lose it because either because the melodies aren't the same or I am to into worship to retain the idea. So yeah...
~Jazzy~Tazzy~
~Tazzarina~Terror~
~Terrorizer~Princess~
~Spunky~PopTart~JoyBells~

"Oh, I KNOW I'm not confused."

"Yeah, I am a Moron."

In His Love and Mercy, Tiara Joy

Terrorizer41192@hotmail.com
(I can't even get into this one, so if you sent anything to it I won't get it....)
TiaraJoy's Profile

Shann

Postby Shann » Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:33 am

JoyAnn wrote:
JesusPuppy wrote:OK so maybe I need to wear glasses more often while reading. I could have swore you said...
Moron 5

...and...
I just know how I want to work in Sharp...very inspired by STAB lately.

:roll:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :rolling :lol: :rolling hahahahahahahahahahahaha LMFBO (laughing my freaking butt off) that was was funny!!!

So, didn't get to writing my entry yet, but I will tomorrow and I am thinking about trying to write more praise and worship songs and maybe some skits or plays and see if I could to that to be involved at my church, because I really don't like that I am not involved but I am not at a place where I can commit to being a leader, or a teacher or anything and I don't have music talent when it comes to playing or singing but I love music and so I thought maybe I could write songs and then maybe work with the worship team to find the music, but I idk first I would have to actually write something and then talk to Jen the worship leader and probably Pastor Rollie or one of the elders at the church. Every time I have started to get an idea it is during I forget it and lose it because either because the melodies aren't the same or I am to into worship to retain the idea. So yeah...

First, before I insult you unintentionally, of course, I want to cheer and do happy dances because you're back on. You and Becky do an excellent job of keeping Pup in check. Hmm maybe you should start a business together--Need help with an unruly Pup call Pup Busters! Oh I got sidetracked so fast. I am cheering all your ideas about writing songs and stuff. I'll keep poking you to ask the music director. I love to poke people.

Now for the unintended insult. I knew that your LMFBO would be filled with appropriate words (though a reliable little bird told me that some older people might find butt slightly offensive) so I was trying to figure out the F and thought fat butt and loved it and thought of using it myself since my butt is fat and if just plain old laughing can get some of it off then I was all for it. I would laugh at least an hour a day if it would shed some inches from my fat butt, now the unintended insult part is that I'm calling my butt fat not yours since I've never seen your butt. :tongue :sorry :loveyou :hugs2

Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

jaybird
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Postby jaybird » Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:21 pm

Jazzy, I wrote a song or 2.

I'm no longer stoned. :clap
I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. Philippians 4:13

"Why sweat the small stuff when it's really not a big stink" - my quote

http://www.journalhome.com/ThingsToShare/

Shann

Postby Shann » Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:06 pm

I take it all went well jay? Just to let you know, because kidney stones can be painful and the doctors were blowing them up, I wanted to add some joy to your life so I let you win at Words, but since you're no longer stoned, don't expect me to go easy on you again! :mrgreen:
Shann

Shann's Profile

Allison

Postby Allison » Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:27 pm

I just had my LAST home PT session, which means I'm no longer considered "home bound" and can go out in public and DO things!!! YAY!! I don't even have to go to outpatient PT, at least not right now... Just need to keep doing the exercises until I see my doctor in April, at which time he'll make a recommendation, and she thinks it will be that I won't need any more out patient PT. YAY!
Isaiah 40:30-31 (NIV)

Shann

Postby Shann » Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:02 pm

Yay! can you do the happy dance yet? if not I'm doing it for you! :superhappy

I'm bummed because I entered the blog contest and had so many things to do, and shouldn't have taken time to do it, but the cash prize enticed me, plus I thought my story was really good. It wasn't. I am happy that my story might make a difference in the ministry but wonder if my time would have been better spent elsewhere like cleaning my disgusting house. it's always gross, but after being in the hospital for a week then having Lyd home, it is worse than usual. Plus I've been having some downer days and feel discouraged and worthless and a burden. Enough whining Back to my Happy Dance for Allison. :superhappy
Shann

Shann's Profile

JoyAnn

Postby JoyAnn » Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:27 pm

Geeez the week just goes by way to quickly, another week where it had come and gone before I got time to write an entry grrrr... why can't the cut off day be on Sunday or Monday not Thursday morning!!!
~Jazzy~Tazzy~
~Tazzarina~Terror~
~Terrorizer~Princess~
~Spunky~PopTart~JoyBells~

"Oh, I KNOW I'm not confused."

"Yeah, I am a Moron."

In His Love and Mercy, Tiara Joy

Terrorizer41192@hotmail.com
(I can't even get into this one, so if you sent anything to it I won't get it....)
TiaraJoy's Profile

Shann

Postby Shann » Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:57 pm

Well now you have until April to adjust to it since there won't be any new topics until then.

I entered last night at about one. I probably should stop doing that, especially after I have taken my meds. Oh well hopefully God will use it somehow.
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sparrow

Postby Sparrow » Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:57 am

Hi guys, sorry I haven't been around. Not even because I have a life. I've just been sleeping. Been getting pretty discouraged and missing writing but feeling too out of it to be creative. I've been sleeping until like 5 or 6 pm. I'n not depressed, just very worn out. But the last couple of days have been a bit better.

I read and got caught up on your lives while I was gone. Some funny and sad stuff in there. :)

Barb, happy belated birthday! :)
Amy Michelle Wiley
Check out my booklet, Bring Your Writing to Life: a writer's guide to "show; don't tell". Buy it here.
My Website, Sparrow's Flight

violin4jesus

Postby violin4jesus » Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:08 am

I feel like I have been away too long. Or that I live at work nowadays. :|

I agreed to work another extra shift tomorrow (I did three partial extras over the last two weeks), so not much rest for the weary here. Surprisingly I'm not falling over yet, but we'll find out in an hour if my lack of sleep has caught up to me yet. :lol:

My massage therapist lent me her TENS unit to see if it works for me at home. I'm trying it out for the first time, and it's on a pretty low setting and definitely I can feel it strong. My back was all out of whack tonight at the chiropractor after three night shifts in a row. I'm also doing PT now twice a week for my injury. They gave me more practical exercises on Tuesday that I can fit into my daily life rather than having to set aside 20 minutes to do them, so I've been better about my PT "homework". With my schedule all work-focused these days, I've hardly had time for exercising, cooking, cleaning, and writing like I should. I'm sorry I missed most of the Challenge this quarter. I'm really thinking hard about getting that Masters and backing out of hospital nursing since it takes so much out of me. If I could teach online, write, and do violin side jobs and lessons, I could stay at home with my kids when we have them.

We've also been apartment hunting. Not seriously yet, though Ryan's checked out quite a few places already. We still need to get our deposit and moving costs gathered before we're actually serious about a place. BUT we are getting a feel for pricing, amenities, and the exact area we'd like to live. All my extra shifts will help with saving up that money to move.

Anyways, Shann, I loved your story too. Way to pack a punch:!:

AND, I really really really really really really really really really really really want you to come to the conference. REALLY! It would be THE BEST to meet you in person, plus everybody loves you around FW and it would be sad if you weren't there to meet your fan club. :lol:

That said, I really really really hope most of you who are able to come do come because you will get to see the real me that others have hinted at but you just don't know until you see it. I'm notorious for making people play games and laugh with each other. Plus, HUGS! Hugs all around, all the time. Just makes me all happy thinking about it. I remember the first FW conference I went to - we all just basked in having a wonderful time meeting each other - even though we already "knew" each other on the boards. It's 100 times better talking in real time.

Well, that's my shameless plug this year for y'all to think about coming on over. Tiara, maybe you can hitch a ride from someone in the Seattle/Tacoma area. Shari and I are sharing a room and we have room for two more and that would make it only $25/night for each person. TOTALLY worth it.

I'm not sure if Ryan and I will be staying in Portland while our family comes down to meet us, or if we'll drive up to Seattle to see them. Either way it's exciting to think it's only a few months away!

Okay, I'll shut up now and see how much longer I can stay up for the night. Probably not too much longer. :roll:

Night night. :mrgreen:

Shann

Postby Shann » Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:52 am

Which story did you like Leah? The one for the blog contrast that didn't do well or the Tie my Shoe one or was it the one I submitted last night for the Sharp challenge? I didn't expect the shoe one to do well because it's for a picture book. It did blow me away that Amy and others did not realize every section rhymed. The main words were shoe, shoelaces, boot, sneaks and united. Then they all rhymed with something going on in a kindergarten class. The Kids' names all started with a letter and I put them in order so the kids can predict which letter comes next and the repetition and rhymes are meant to help kids predict which word comrs next. I want to find an illustrator so I can get it published for my nieces' kids. There are several family names from Brooklynn, Connor, Parker are the little ones names. Then I have Emily, Lydia, Quinten which are my kids names and John, , Olivia who are my niece and nephew, then the Mom's of kids are Sofie and Martha the last family name is Halldyn which is a take on our last name of Hall.

If I find an illustrator I want a tiny character named Lacy which would be like a little bow who hides in the pictures. When M was 9 months old we had a gold bug book better known as Richard Scarey's Cars and trucks and things that go. A tiny gold big is hidden in the page and when M was only 9 months old she could find that stupid big way before I could.
well its almost 6 and still no sleep so I best try to get some before I start my busy day. Tomorrow is Holly's bday
Shann

Shann's Profile

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:30 am

Allison wrote:I just had my LAST home PT session, which means I'm no longer considered "home bound" and can go out in public and DO things!!! YAY!! I don't even have to go to outpatient PT, at least not right now... Just need to keep doing the exercises until I see my doctor in April, at which time he'll make a recommendation, and she thinks it will be that I won't need any more out patient PT. YAY!

YAAAAY you are a real girl now.

:heehee

I am glad to hear it.

As for little Miss Terror (or Re-Kiddo-Becky) keeping me in check... dream on Shann. :tongue
....JesusPuppy (or just call me Pup) Image

And just for the record, I am a Male.

"I am a writer, I do NOT lie... I fictionalise." JP

"The Lord Bless thee, and keep thee.." Num. 6:24

JesusPuppy Profile

Cypress Times, online Christian news paper.

AnneRene'

Postby AnneRene' » Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:43 am

Hi Guys.

Allison...SO glad that your healing is coming along and you are now free to get out of the house! That TENS unit Leah mentioned does help most people I know who've used it for pain. Your therapist might be able to order you one but my roommate bought one for about $40.00 and swears by it for her up and down pain with both knee replacements and am sure she'll use it when she has her hip replacements. HOW'S 'bout you Leahkins....did you notice a difference?

Jaybird....also glad you are no longer stoned! :mrgreen:

Amykins...:( about being plum tuckered out....could you possibly need iron? Just a thought.

And Dear, Dear Shannikins....if I knew for sure that I would have the money to go to the conferrence...mes would defintely commit to sharing a room with ya. Fly to New York just to fly back with ya...not so much. :roll: As for your panic attacks, no problem. I had a very close friend who had severe ones, got hospitalized a couple of times and would only go out in public with me with her 'cuz I didn't panic but just went into my "mercy" mode....NOT....it was a sarcastic nickname....anyway, we both usually ended up having laughing attacks AFTER she called me a few choice names :shock: for my antics of taking her mind off of her fears. YEP....think we could have all kinds of fun and get into all kinds of mischief. :superhappy And thank you for the early BD wish!!!! Also, as for your story about listening...I have you listed as one of my fav writers so I got an email. Now where do I find your blog story?

Hi to the rest of y'all.

Gonna go finish me coffee for now.

bth_IMG_2090.jpg
bth_IMG_2090.jpg (11.89 KiB) Viewed 901 times

Shann

Postby Shann » Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:21 pm

Man I can't believe I did it again! I had my mind on your birthday and fully intended to celebrate and go all out and I forgot!! I'm editing a full-length MS for the new pub co that i have been working with and there is a tight deadline so I'm trying to get it done, and not doing much else so i am so sorry! (Oh it's Leah who wants roommates, but you were right I need a panic attack tamer if I am even going to consider going!) Oh and the listening one is the blog one and you can find it here: http://www.faithwriters.com/article-det ... ?id=157510 and here with the winners and others who submitted viewtopic.php?f=92&t=36504&start=15 and this is the one i'm going to self-publish if I can ever find someone willing to illustrate it: http://www.faithwriters.com/wc-article- ... p?id=45184
and this is the most recent challenge one that was another one done in the middle of the night at the last minute when i was half asleep
http://www.faithwriters.com/wc-article- ... p?id=45283

Shann

Shann's Profile

PreviousNext

Return to The Water Cooler