To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Southern Porch Extension

A place for general chat (non-writing related). Please keep political discussions to the relevant neighborhood forum.

Moderators: cori67, RedBaron, Shann

Green Leaves
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Re: Southern Porch Extension

Postby Green Leaves » Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:53 pm

Sending my love to all on the porch. And, yes, Mariane, I would love to see the interview, so let us know, okay?
http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?id=45576

"God has not called me to be successful, God has called me to be faithful." Mother Teresa

"...not to advance in the spiritual life is to go back. But those who have the gale of the Holy Spirit go forward even in sleep.". Brother Lawrence

Allison

Postby Allison » Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:30 pm

I just had my LAST home PT session, which means I'm no longer considered "home bound" and can go out in public and DO things!!! YAY!! I don't even have to go to outpatient PT, at least not right now... Just need to keep doing the exercises until I see my doctor in April, at which time he'll make a recommendation, and she thinks it will be that I won't need any more out patient PT. YAY!
Isaiah 40:30-31 (NIV)

BeachGrandma

Postby BeachGrandma » Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:35 pm

:clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap Allison, that's great news! Praise God for another answered prayer!
"I long, O I long to be holy, conformed to His will and His Word.
I long to be gentle and Christ-like; I long to be just like my Lord."

Mariane Holbrook

ready2go

Postby ready2go » Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:50 am

I have added to my recent thoughts postings, and have completed them in the form of a FW article. It is not necessarily done perfectly, but perhaps it will send a message of assurance to those who have lost a loved one that they are not alone.

Please read them when you have a chance. My heart, soul, and tears went into it.

RANDOM THOUGHTS OF MY BRIDE
http://faithwriters.com/article-details.php?id=157678

Don
John 14:6
Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me."

"My Journey To Jesus"
http://faithwriters.com/article-details.php?id=41225

http://faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?id=18654

"The Israel Connection"
http://theisraelconnection.blogspot.com/

"I have a story to tell...the saving gospel to share...and the fire of the Holy Spirit burning deep within my soul."

Edy

Postby Edy » Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:07 pm

Your writing is most eloquent, Don, and heart-touching. Thank you for posting your reflections even while your wound is so fresh. I have no doubt it will be a comfort to many readers. Just to weep with you is therapeutic for the aching heart, since we know that tears cleanse our system like nothing else. Praying and trusting that the Comforter will fill all the emptiness with the consolation of the Lord's presence wherever you turn. :grouphug2
"Jesus Never Fails!" Love, Edy
The Gospel is such Good News even Christians don't believe it!
The Power of Story
We are the third temple! Acts 7:48, 1 Peter 2:4-5
Essentially Lutheran
My StoriesMy Blog:The Prairie Nightingale

BeachGrandma

Postby BeachGrandma » Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:14 pm

I couldn't have said it any better than Edy did, Don. You have an unusual passion for everyone to know Jesus and Carol's Homegoing may be the avenue God uses for you to reach out to people you never dreamed would be interested. I pray the harvest will be great and that God will bless you and give you a peace that you've never before experienced. God be with you and continue to assure you of His leading every step of the way.

Mariane Holbrook

Laurie

Postby Laurie » Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:42 pm

Don, I think people who are grieving will appreciate the honest thoughts you shared.

Allison, I bet it feels great to have come this far. :)

BeachGrandma

Postby BeachGrandma » Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:54 pm

Today around 4 pm EDST, CNN will air an interview they had with our son, John Holbrook, about the White House tours being cancelled. He's in Washington with one of the 150 school groups he directs to D.C. every spring. Some of the teachers and students were also interviewed by CNN. I hope you'll watch it.

Mariane
Last edited by BeachGrandma on Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mariane Holbrook

Carole L

Postby Carole L » Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:19 pm

Mariane, I watched, but they must have cut the interview.
Carole

Proud to be a 500 member.
I don't know the master plan, but I know the Master has a plan.

http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?id=34113

BeachGrandma

Postby BeachGrandma » Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:05 pm

The interview came on at 5:01 but because of the small plane crash in Ft. Lauderdale, they cut out all of Johnny's interview to give live coverage to the plane crash. You'll see him at the very beginning, though. Some of his students and teachers were interviewed briefly. The kids were pleased that their parents could see them on TV. Here is a link to the interview on CNN.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/20 ... -the-cuts/

Mariane Holbrook

Edy

Postby Edy » Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:34 am

Thanks for the link, Mariane! That works better for me to see, since we don't have cable. That little girl was so cute "Obama doesn't want us to see his beautiful house."
"Jesus Never Fails!" Love, Edy
The Gospel is such Good News even Christians don't believe it!
The Power of Story
We are the third temple! Acts 7:48, 1 Peter 2:4-5
Essentially Lutheran
My StoriesMy Blog:The Prairie Nightingale

Laurie

Postby Laurie » Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:29 pm

My stomach couldn't tolerate the muscle relaxants so I'll go into surgery with neck pain and an acidy stomach, which makes it hard to lay down (I already take medication for acid reflux). Fun times.

Joanney, how are you doing? When is your surgery?

Mariane, were you able to put on some weight since your surgery?

Don, thinking of you and praying for you this afternoon.

BeachGrandma

Postby BeachGrandma » Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:06 pm

Yes, Laurie I've managed to put on 6 pounds since my surgery a month ago, which isn't bad. I just can't think of any foods that I like well enough to buy or to cook. In fact, when I go to the grocery store with John, I go up and down each aisle and don't put a thing in my grocery cart. I hope now that spring is almost here that it will change, with all those fresh veggies and fruits starting to appear in the stores. You'll be in our thoughts and in our prayers when you go into surgery, our dear friend,

I hope someone invited Don home for Sunday dinner today.

Mariane Holbrook

ready2go

Postby ready2go » Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:16 pm

BeachGrandma wrote:

I hope someone invited Don home for Sunday dinner today.

Well, not exactly, but close enough. I was invited to a surprise birthday luncheon for Carol's sister's 75th birthday at First Baptist church in downtown Minneapolis today. Of course I went, and didn't even have to drive there. I was picked up at my house and chauffeured the 15-20 miles to the church.

However, I did receive and accept an invitation for Easter dinner.

I was so very busy last week doing the many things that needed to be done that I fell behind on other stuff. Tomorrow I need to do some laundry, plan some meals, give the dog a bath, and wash her blankets. I won't go anywhere tomorrow because we are going to have a snowstorm/blizzard with 40-50 mph winds that will make driving tough with white-out conditions and drifting snow. Where is spring?

I'm finding out that my home-alone survival skills are pretty good. Carol taught me well.

Don
John 14:6
Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me."

"My Journey To Jesus"
http://faithwriters.com/article-details.php?id=41225

http://faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?id=18654

"The Israel Connection"
http://theisraelconnection.blogspot.com/

"I have a story to tell...the saving gospel to share...and the fire of the Holy Spirit burning deep within my soul."

Laurie

Postby Laurie » Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:35 pm

Mariane, 6 lbs sounds like a good start on your weight gain. I wish foods were more appealing to you, though. Many years ago I had to force myself to eat (this was years before the eating disorder) and it's a drag. My mom hasn't had much of an appetite since my dad died. Foods don't taste that good to her, and she usually can't eat a lot at a time. I started talking with her about Ensure (mentioning I could look online for some recipes to make it more appealing), but she doesn't want to drink that. I don't blame her, but I get concerned.

Don, I'm glad you had that outing today. I hope it was enjoyable for you. Nice that you've been invited for dinner in a couple of weeks, too.

We should FINALLY get a closing date for my mom's farm this week. I arranged with her attorney to have her sign the deed in his office, which she did last week, so she won't have to attend the closing (which is in a town about an hour away). And this way, I could be with her, too. She's signing over the farm where my dad was born and raised. When my mom moved last year, it was the first time in over 100 years there hasn't been a Glass to live somewhere on that ridge. I just didn't want her to do it alone.

PreviousNext

Return to The Water Cooler