To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

A place for general chat (non-writing related). Please keep political discussions to the relevant neighborhood forum.

Moderators: cori67, RedBaron, Shann

Allison
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Re: Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

Postby Allison » Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:13 pm

I'm starting to use a cane instead of the walker some of the time! I was advised by my PT not to switch over all at once, and after using the cane a bit, I can already see the wisdom in that advice.

Nights are still long and hard. I've been waking up every 1 to 2 hours, just enough to notice how uncomfortable I am, so I have to actually get out of bed and walk a bit, use the restroom or something, even if I don't actually have to use the bathroom. :lol: It's getting highly annoying. Other than that, I'm doing really well!
Isaiah 40:30-31 (NIV)

Shann

Postby Shann » Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:18 pm

You should be patting yourself on the back Allison, We both went in the hospital on the same day, you for huge major surgery and me just for IV antibiotics and you spent 1/4 of the time in the hospital than I did then you are running circles around me since you have been home. (I've only left the house once since then) Though if patting yourself on the back would look kind of funny can you videotape if first? I just have this mental picture of you in a walker spinning in circles then switching to a cane then...yeah I know I'm a horrible, mean person and am hanging my head in shame.Image

Okay while looking for a smiley that was wiggling eyebrows I got distracting and came across these some am pulling a Holly to brighten your day.Image

Just think with a little knowledge how dangerous I could be.

Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

Shann

Postby Shann » Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:47 pm

As I was perusing the boards I realized no one here remembered that February 28 was Barb's birthday. I am so sorry, my dear sweet Barb> We get wrapped up in life and there is no excuse so please let us celebrate you today. I officially proclaim today as Ms. BARBIE"S DAY!

I LOVE YOU FOR MANY REASONS. ONE IS THAT YOU WERE THE FIRST REAL WELCOME THAT I RECEIVED WHEN JOINING THIS SITE OVER THREE YEARS AGO!

Not only are we connected in Christ, Faithwriters and "special" talents, but also geogorphy. Barb was born in Warsaw NY which is about 40 minutes from my house. Interestingly, Becky sent me a text the other day asking me if I had ever heard of Warsaw NY because she has family that was from that area. isn't it a small world?

And because it was my mom's favorite Disney Ride (and blue her favorite color), and Barb reminds me a lot of Mom--which is the highest compliment I could ever give someone this is for you too:

Now I have that song stuck in my head http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xkypf1aLi_Y

Barb, you are so modest, so I will tell the world of all your specialnesses...well not all of them, this is a public forum after all...but you are kind, giving, work hard, awesome photographer, a great writer, one of the best aunts in the world, and one of the sweetest person I know I do love you.

Because I'm getting too close to crossing the line and now that I'm a moderator...well, you get it this is my last one:

Okay I never had heard this song before and I love it! It's so, so... so uhm, ME! (I'm the duck) So I had to post it. Think of it as my special belated birthday present to you Barb!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=MtN ... ature=fvwp
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

Allison

Postby Allison » Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:07 pm

Actually, I've only left the house once since then too. And that was just for a car ride. I didn't even get out of the car, except to go back in the house, obviously. :lol: BUT I'm hoping to make it to church on Sunday. Where I will prepare to be mobbed. :lol:
Isaiah 40:30-31 (NIV)

jaybird
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Postby jaybird » Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:06 pm

Hey Shann, wanna proof my novel?

I have 2 kidney stones and 1 bladder stone, which need removed..I have surgery Monday, Mar 11 at 9am. They'll be doing- Extracorporeal shock wave lithotripsy (ESWL)
ESWL uses shock waves that pass easily through the body but are strong enough to break up a kidney stone. Go figure I also have a bladder stone, lol. I'm stoned, man.
I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. Philippians 4:13

"Why sweat the small stuff when it's really not a big stink" - my quote

http://www.journalhome.com/ThingsToShare/

Ms. Barbie

Postby Ms. Barbie » Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:47 pm

Aww, thank you Shann! You've really cheered me up tonight. (I feel like garbage at my work and now beginning to believe it.) I did not know Becky had family in Warsaw- that is a small world! And, blue is my favorite color!

Jay, should we now nickname you Stone-man? :) Hope the procedure is not too painful.

Allison, be very careful when going to crowded places with your walker or cane. (Crutches too) I discovered that people seem oblivious to those devises and will run right into them and you'll risk being toppled.
Barb Culler

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:23 am

Also keep in mind there is a fine line between cane and club. :wink:
....JesusPuppy (or just call me Pup) Image

And just for the record, I am a Male.

"I am a writer, I do NOT lie... I fictionalise." JP

"The Lord Bless thee, and keep thee.." Num. 6:24

JesusPuppy Profile

Cypress Times, online Christian news paper.

violin4jesus

Postby violin4jesus » Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:07 am

I was going to write last night and tell y'all how tired I am even after sleeping all day, but then I fell asleep on the couch and slept 'til 6am. :oops: Guess I was pretty tired!

It's just been a pretty busy week at work. And they called me no less than three times yesterday (to which my phone was off and I didn't reply) to work extra last night after going in four nights in a row. I couldn't have possibly done one more. Obviously. It's really nice, too, with two more days off, to be up in the actual morning, so I can do day-people stuff like doing laundry. :mrgreen: As far as fun, I may go to the botanical gardens and take a walk among the spring-blooming flowers. Or head to the beach for some real sun. Ryan's doing stuff for his theatre group all day, and then going to a concert tonight, so I'm free to do whatever I want.

I'll add to the happy birthdays, Barb. I still say you and I need to hang sometime. :D More than 15 minutes this time, lol.

AnneRene'

Postby AnneRene' » Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:08 pm

Hey Guys...ewes all made me laugh! But first things first!
I am also, sooooooo sorry Pup and Barb! I missed both of ewes birthdays.

bth_BelatedBirthday.jpg
bth_BelatedBirthday.jpg (3.6 KiB) Viewed 504 times

I really am ashamed of myself 'cuz every year (EXCEPT THIS YEAR), I put everyone's birthday on my kitchen calendar!

bth_randomlol017.jpg
bth_randomlol017.jpg (4.48 KiB) Viewed 504 times

bth_thf41f4a9097fa650.jpg
bth_thf41f4a9097fa650.jpg (2.58 KiB) Viewed 504 times
Pleeeeease forgive me. :cry:

Okay....as for ewe guys making me laugh...first there was Short-stuff. I couldn't believe it when you said you went to the bathroom when you got up even if you didn't have to go! Too funny!! I even lol'ed. I've done the same! It's miserable when you can't sleep, have pain and have nothing to do or can't do anything until your body tells you it's time to go try and sleep again.

And Leahkins...I could so picture you pushing eweself and having every intention of getting on here last night and then waking up and realizing you didn't quite make it because you fell asleep again. :mrgreen: My heart went out to your exhausted little self but was glad you got more sleep.

And as for you little Mr. Jaybird...(ya little stoner you), I really do feel for you with those bladder and kidney stones. I've never had one, but my roommate has and I've heard they reeeeeeally hurt, but as always..you keep that WONDERFUL sense of humor of yours, wich lightens my heart and you too made me lol!

tty'all later.

JoyAnn

Postby JoyAnn » Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:03 am

Shann wrote:
JesusPuppy wrote:
JoyAnn wrote:Oh no, I heard that! And admitting your child-like is the first step...however I don't see you making the next one lol
:wink:

So... If I don't take that NEXT step, does that mean I get to stay young and ummm.. child-like? :mrgreen:

Tiara this is great. You had me seriously laughing! :lol: You need to come around more often :fingerwag

Young not so much, child-like definitely!!!

And I try Shann I try!
~Jazzy~Tazzy~
~Tazzarina~Terror~
~Terrorizer~Princess~
~Spunky~PopTart~JoyBells~

"Oh, I KNOW I'm not confused."

"Yeah, I am a Moron."

In His Love and Mercy, Tiara Joy

Terrorizer41192@hotmail.com
(I can't even get into this one, so if you sent anything to it I won't get it....)
TiaraJoy's Profile

AnneRene'

Postby AnneRene' » Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:19 am

Mornin' All!

Jazzy-Tazzy-Terror....you are toooo cute! AND adorably honest. Mes just luvs your wit!!!! As for Shannikins....YES...she's a big kid at heart but to me....also still a bi-be :mrgreen: (Can you figure out how to prononce that?)

Anyways...hope everyone has a refreshing, fun, joyful and most importantly, blessed day in the Lord.

Here's to the kid in all of us.

bth_Animals-PlayfulPandas.jpg
bth_Animals-PlayfulPandas.jpg (4.96 KiB) Viewed 488 times

bth_061.jpg
bth_061.jpg (12.33 KiB) Viewed 488 times

Okay...this is just my warped sense of humor, but hey...I live at the dog park and this is pretty darn funny!

bth_funnydogphoto_zps6d9dfa51.jpg
bth_funnydogphoto_zps6d9dfa51.jpg (11.51 KiB) Viewed 488 times

AnneRene'

Postby AnneRene' » Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:55 am

Okay, either y'all think I'm a heathen and don't want to talke to me anymore, or everyone is just super busy? I'll opt or the latter. :mrgreen:

Shannikins...I read your story and as a mother who didn't always read between the lines or assumed my daughter would always make good choices....your story hit me in the gut like a ton of bricks! Great lesson for parents to listen with their radar at full attention and realize that many times our kids are really telling us that they don't always have the strength needed to always make good choices. Especially in a party environment with their peers. WOW & kudos!

Adios for today peeps. Gotta git meself out the door and off to work.

bth_Splash_Color.jpg
bth_Splash_Color.jpg (7.06 KiB) Viewed 474 times

Shann

Postby Shann » Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:18 pm

Thanks holly. At first i thought you were talking about my challenge article and thought oh dear, she's losing it. Well I've already thought that in the past but since you were so nice about commenting I didn't want to point that out.

The worst part about it was inserting all the stupid links. I do see why people are turned off or more accurately feel overwhelmed to enter the blogging contests. I'm curious though, where did you find the story? On the regular articles, in the forum or on FB?

There's still time for others to enter. First place is a hundred bucks.

I'm doing better since getting out of the hospital. By stomach has been bothering me, but I hope to go to Bible study tonight. I'm also being inundated with editing jobs which is so cool because we desperately need the money.
Shann

Shann's Profile

JoyAnn

Postby JoyAnn » Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:07 am

Maroon 5, Neon Trees and Owl City concert AWESOME!!!!

and I have a vague idea for this topic, but like totally clueless as to the actual point of the piece..I just know how I want to work in Sharp...very inspired by SAB lately...so yeah that is all I got, maybe when I sit down to write it tomorrow more will come...
~Jazzy~Tazzy~
~Tazzarina~Terror~
~Terrorizer~Princess~
~Spunky~PopTart~JoyBells~

"Oh, I KNOW I'm not confused."

"Yeah, I am a Moron."

In His Love and Mercy, Tiara Joy

Terrorizer41192@hotmail.com
(I can't even get into this one, so if you sent anything to it I won't get it....)
TiaraJoy's Profile

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:53 am

OK so maybe I need to wear glasses more often while reading. I could have swore you said...
Moron 5

...and...
I just know how I want to work in Sharp...very inspired by STAB lately.

:roll:

And Bubbles.. yes that last pic was ummm... odd.

:tongue
....JesusPuppy (or just call me Pup) Image

And just for the record, I am a Male.

"I am a writer, I do NOT lie... I fictionalise." JP

"The Lord Bless thee, and keep thee.." Num. 6:24

JesusPuppy Profile

Cypress Times, online Christian news paper.

PreviousNext

Return to The Water Cooler