To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Free Reprints

Your place to interact directly with the owners of FaithWriters.

Moderators: mikeedwards, RedBaron, itsjoanne, beaedwards

Paula22466
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Free Reprints

Postby Paula22466 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:57 am

I've been getting those wonderful e-mails that you guys have made possible when someone reprints one of our articles in the "Free Reprint" section, yet they are always left blank. Evidently people aren't filling them out. Is there a way to force them to at least enter where the article is being used? If not, I'm still grateful for getting a notice my article is being used somewhere. Thanks Mike and Bea!
Every thought is a seed. If you plant crab apples don't count on harvesting Golden Delicious. - Author Unknown

tomoral

Re: Free Reprints

Postby tomoral » Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:19 pm

I wondered the same thing, there must be a way around filling out those forms because I haven't been getting notices either.

It sort of makes me wonder what people are doing with the reprints, that they won't tell where they are gonna use it.

Just sayin'
God Bless the beasts and the children
Give them shelter from the storms.
Children are our tomorrow
Keep them daily from the sorrow
Of the beasts in life

http://www.faithwriters.com/websites/my ... p?id=57394

mikeedwards
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby mikeedwards » Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:07 am

I will have the form changed so that the information is required. I am not sure how to do it so I will let the programmer do it. Might be a day or two.

God Bless, Mike
We need God's Grace because of God's Truth.

Paula22466

Postby Paula22466 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:58 am

Thans Mike!
Every thought is a seed. If you plant crab apples don't count on harvesting Golden Delicious. - Author Unknown

Shann

Postby Shann » Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:50 pm

I'm slow because I couldn't even find the form. Generally I'll just copy and paste it when I use something for the church newsletter but I ALWAYS ask permission from author before using. But the last time I looked for this form, I couldn't find it.
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

Laurie

Postby Laurie » Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:39 am

Thanks, Mike, for providing this form. Not once have I been contacted by anyone who used my articles. Of course, I agreed to that when I posted my articles, but I can't help but be curious about where the articles are being used. :)

mikeedwards
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby mikeedwards » Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:28 pm

Hi Shann,

Go to free reprints and pull up one of your articles. Now click on use or print article and you will see a pop up quiz. Answer the questions and you should get an email.

This has not been updated yet. Our programmer just got a new fulltime job building a new site and getting a hardware business online. I emailed himand I know he will catch it soon. It is not a big deal for him especially since he set up the form. For me it could be a debaucle. :lol:

mikeedwards
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby mikeedwards » Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:04 am

The new feature has been implemented. Go to the free reprints and pull up one of your articles. Click to use it or reprint it. The box will pop up. Do not fill in anything and hit submit. It will prompt you to fill in the top two boxes as required.The third is still optional.

This system can still be defeated by typing gibberish into the box. Hope that does not happen too often.

Let me know if you get better feedback.

God Bless, Mike :thankssign

Paula22466

Postby Paula22466 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:28 pm

Thanks, Mike! :thumbs

Return to Mike & Bea's Corner