To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Ask Questions Here About Any Contest in Progress

This forum is reserved for member articles being submitted for specific blogging contests.

Moderator: mikeedwards

mikeedwards
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Ask Questions Here About Any Contest in Progress

Postby mikeedwards » Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:23 pm

Equipped to Defend was set up to run until the end of february at the earliest or or run longer until we receive 25 entries. I cannot give you a date because it looks like we will be open until 25 entries come in. If we close the contest at 25 entries and a member has a entry ready to submit and did not get it submitted, we will let them in up to a couple of days after closing.

hese contests entries are seeds floating around the internet for years. We won't know what they actually did until you get top heaven. Thanks to everyone who has entered to date and to those who will be entering. :thankssign
We need God's Grace because of God's Truth.

iNCite
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Postby iNCite » Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:46 pm

I saw in the rules for the weekly contest that only one entry is allowed per topic, but I didn't see this rule addressed in the current Article writing/Blog contest "Equipped to defend". So my question is, are we allowed only one entry for this contest, or can we have two? The reason I ask is that after I wrote one article specifically for this contest, I wrote another on another site that addresses the same issue in a very different way. I haven't submitted either yet, but I plan on submitting either one or both today, depending on your response.

mikeedwards
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby mikeedwards » Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:20 pm

Hello Incite, Only one entry please. Thanks for doing so. This is an important matter. God Bless, Mike

iNCite
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Postby iNCite » Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:10 pm

Ok, thank you. And, just so ya know, my name is Chris. I used 'iNCite' as my username because that was my 'stage name' when I performed as a Christian rapper in the past. I think I'm gonna go see if I change that now. Didn't know it would show up in here instead of my real name. Thanks again, and God bless!

clcsbhudson
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Postby clcsbhudson » Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:53 pm

Hi Mike. I have completed my entry for the current blog contest, and I have posted it in my 'regular articles', but I failed to add the url for that location, as well as the banner you said should be posted, and my name and member #. For the life of me, I can't figure out how to add these now that my entry was posted. How can I edit the entry so I can add this info...or is there another way to do this that I am missing? I'm a newbie, so please be patient with me!

Thanks!

Lisa Hudson
Member # 61415
Platinum

mikeedwards
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby mikeedwards » Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:19 pm

Hi Lisa,

In the regular articles you can always edit. On the first page after log in look on the right hand side. Under quick links you will see the fourth one down is edit articles. Click on it and you can edit your article. In the forum if you are logged in you can edit your article with the edit button at the top right of your article.

Do not worry about the banner link for the forums. They do not work in the forum in the format I have them. They should add easily to your regular articles as long as you are using the rich text editor.

Thanks for entering.

God Bless, Mike

LindaRogers
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Postby LindaRogers » Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:43 pm

Mike,
I am new to FaithWriters and also to entering contests and using the contextual links. I sent you an earlier message about this, so I apologize if this is a duplicate message! I was trying to enter the God Speaks Bible contest earlier this morning. I was able to put my article on a blog site and also in my profile. I created the links in the blogger program, but was not able to do it in the forum. I think I made some errors in the forum, and I don't know how to fix them. It may have something to do with the fact that I use a MacBook Pro, and the instructions for hyperlinks are not the same as what I watched in the tutorials. Can you help me out?
Linda Rogers

LindaRogers
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Postby LindaRogers » Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:47 pm

Oh, PS... I also have the same problem as an earlier member (iNCITE) where I didn't expect to have my user name show up the way it did... would prefer my actual name in this forum.

mikeedwards
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby mikeedwards » Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:02 pm

Hi Linda,

I checked your regular article submission and it does not have links. Did you watch the videos here http://faithwriters.com/christianwritingcontest.html about link building? The link building is about 1/2 way down the page under - Post your article in these three places or more if desired.

Don't forget that your article also needs a title and this contest has a required paragraph to add to the end of your article.

If you want to change your user name on the forums just email me what you want it to be to writer-support@faithwriters.com. Make sure to remind me when you send it.

If you still have trouble getting the links after you view the videos let me know.

God Bless, Mike

mikeedwards
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby mikeedwards » Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:30 am

Linda, Here are 3 built examples for our regular articles.

1) <a href="http://godspeaksbible.com/"TARGET="_blank">Bible</a>
2) <a href="http://godspeaksbible.com/"TARGET="_blank">God Speaks Bible</a>
3) <a href="http://godspeaksbible.com/"TARGET="_blank">hearing God</a>

LindaRogers
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Postby LindaRogers » Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:26 pm

Mike,
I did watch the tutorial several times. I was able to insert the links in the blogger site only. I see the 3 links you've listed, and I will try again.

Re: the title. I thought the title would be the name I gave the article, but I will add it above the body.

Re: the required paragraph. I did include it at the end, but I added a few words to transition it with my article, so maybe that isn't okay? I can change it back to "verbatim" if necessary.

Thanks,
Linda

mikeedwards
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby mikeedwards » Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:57 pm

Hi Linda, I did not review it closely before with regards to the last paragraph. It should be fine as you posted it. On the three links I posted you can simply change the keyword/keyword phrase out if you are using one of the other keywords. Thanks for entering, I greatly appreciate it. God Bless, Mike

Paula22466
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Postby Paula22466 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:33 pm

If anyone needs help with the link building please let me know. I'm pretty good at it and fast, so it wont be a problem for me and I'd be happy to help.
Please use this email to contact me: paulamtitus@aol.com since I don't check these forums everyday. :)
Every thought is a seed. If you plant crab apples don't count on harvesting Golden Delicious. - Author Unknown

Granny's Pen

Postby Granny's Pen » Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:15 pm

Hello. I am curious about the Testimony Contest. Does it have different guidelines than the other contests? Ususally, submissions are posted in the corresponding thread, and are accessible to anyone who wants to read them. For the Testimony contest, I haven't been able to find a thread at all. Am I missing something?
Granny's Pen

Paula22466

Postby Paula22466 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:17 pm

Hi Granny's Pen - the Testimony Contest isn't a "blog" contest so it doesn't have a thread...here's the link for all the info http://faithwriters.com/testimonycontestpage.html
Every thought is a seed. If you plant crab apples don't count on harvesting Golden Delicious. - Author Unknown

PreviousNext

Return to Writing/Blogging Contests for Paid Writing Opportunities