To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

A place for general chat (non-writing related). Please keep political discussions to the relevant neighborhood forum.

Moderators: RedBaron, cori67, Shann

JesusPuppy
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Re: Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

Postby JesusPuppy » Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:32 am

I was thinking it was midweek blahs, then maybe every one has a cold and can't see to read the screen or type. OR Maybe they all found a .... life. :shock:

Scary though if such is the case and everyone gets a life, then I WOULD be all alone. Maaannnnn.. I need to get a life. :roll:
....JesusPuppy (or just call me Pup) Image

And just for the record, I am a Male.

"I am a writer, I do NOT lie... I fictionalise." JP

"The Lord Bless thee, and keep thee.." Num. 6:24

JesusPuppy Profile

Cypress Times, online Christian news paper.

Shann

Postby Shann » Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:18 am

I know Pup! Why don't you write your story for the contest for the book? Surely you have heard mention. They are looking for stories about how you became a Christian and also stories about how you survived difficult times with your faith intact.

Another thing that would be awesome is if you entered the monthly blogging contest. I know that you might be scared off by the word blog and the adding links, but I bet you could get a little bird to help you or if I figure it out, I'd be happy to help too.
:mrgreen:
Viola~you have a life! :tongue
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:40 pm

I would only be good at the Blog thingy if I could comment on others with dumb one liners. :roll:

As for the testamony in a book, I have that, and it will never see the light of day for a few more years to come. The memories it brings back hurt. Sorry. :(

As for HOW I came to know the Lord, you can thank Santa for that. I do. :mrgreen:

JesusPuppy Profile

Shann

Postby Shann » Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:52 pm

But the book testimony is only 1200 words. You could take a short excerpt from your ebook. I know it hurts, but pain lets us know a lot. That we are alive and even better that we had the most beautiful thing ever--love. I won't nag too much, but I would help you pull out what you have already written, spruce it up and help in any way I can.

I chuckled about your rain comment. I feel the same way about the snow right now and living in Western NY snow storms in March are as common as rain on your coast.
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

violin4jesus

Postby violin4jesus » Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:55 am

Sorry, Shann...was busy with what Pup was worried about - having a life. Worked three nights and then my days off slept & did church-y things. Gonna probably crash early tonight like I did Friday. I feel like I'm fighting another buggie; wouldn't surprise me as all the crud is going around this time of year.

Well, we had our "three" for the week at work; it's a saying in OB that bad stuff comes in threes. Mine was 20-week twins, and we had 14- and 16-weekers the next night. I worked several hours on pictures for my patient, and I do think they came out nice. The 14-week baby was really pretty, too, and they were even able to do footprints & handprints. It's terribly sad, but I feel like it's where our compassion and empathy is needed most. Emotionally it's draining, though, so we keep a rotating list as to who had one, so that we won't be assigned too often and be overwhelmed.

Not much else to report. We're doing preliminary scouting for a new place, but bills have been higher than normal, so it'll be at least another month before we save enough to put down a deposit. There are some nice rentals in the area we're looking, though, so that's encouraging.

Hope y'all had a good weekend.

Shann

Postby Shann » Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:02 pm

It's really weird because I have a horrible time with dead bodies. I won't even look in the coffin at funerals and even when Mom died I couldn't touch her, but I was able to clean up babies. Even those that had died in utero quite a while ago, I was able to wash them and do the footprints and hair and dress them and make them look as nice as possible so parents could hold their babies. It's such an important part of the grieving process.

As for bad things coming in threes that is an old superstition. My worst set of threes was in 1993. On August 13, Grandma died, I was pregnant with Lyd and Grandma died on Friday ( a main reason why Friday the 13 is a bad day for me) I sent in Hosp Sat, calling hours were Sunday, funeral Monday. Then Tuesday was good because we found out Lyd was the girl I so desperately wanted. On Wednesday Mom's aneurysm ruptured and she died on August 24. Then on October 18, Chris' grandma died.
Shann

Shann's Profile

Rebecky

Postby Rebecky » Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:15 pm

Well I'm working all week and mom has to open tomorrow so I'm probably gonna have to be up out of bed by at least 6am if not earlier.

Looks like we might (I put lots of stress on might) get a snow storm starting tomorrow night and all day Wednesday. Almost everyone is saying snow and I'm hearing we could get 6-10 inches.

Anyway, if that's the case I might not have to go to my grandparents house wednesday and work there and if its as bad as their saying we might not have to work thursday either... we'll see how cleared out the roads are... that is IF we get anything.

All winter they'll say "A winter storm is coming!" and then BOOM... nothing. Or rain.
Dum Spiro Spero

Shann

Postby Shann » Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:40 pm

Sorry Becky, I'm praying they are wrong. I know you really like the snow but I'm ready for spring. It's funny how different areas react. Six inches doesn't even make us blink. But in NC where Q is everything shuts down just at the mention of the s word :mrgreen:

I guess I can pray you get a few inches and it misses us :coolsign actually today this is more fitting :brrr
Shann

Shann's Profile

AnneRene'

Postby AnneRene' » Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:55 am

Hi Peeps!

Just checking in to say hello and add that I don't "think" I can make it to the conferrence. :( I live paycheck-to borrow-to-paycheck many times. The cost of the conferrence is not bad at all, just the hotel, flying, and all that jazz. But, because I do believe in miracles...not bowing out just yet.

Shannikins...how are you doing with the numbness thingy? Do you know what is causing it yet? I think about you consantly!!!!

Leah...I admire what you do and the love you put into it. As for mes....nope...couldn' do it which is why I am soooo thankful for people like you and Shannikins who are and have been in the medical field.

Beakers...mes hoping for snow 4 ewe too!

To all the rest of ewes....think 'bout y'all too!!!!! Maybe not constantly, but A LOT!
bth_bearyhug.jpg
bth_bearyhug.jpg (6.24 KiB) Viewed 476 times

Shann

Postby Shann » Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:45 pm

I know there is some financial aid for help for the flights and the hotels are cheaper esp if you can get roomies. I want to go but need to go to NC to see Q and lyd is going to Ireland to study abroad for one semester and I so want to go visit her but right now she is saying no way.

Am trying to work on many things and am a bit overwhelmed. I just want to crawl into a hole and cry. But I am glad you popped in and I hope there is a way you can make it there.
Shann

Shann's Profile

JoyAnn

Postby JoyAnn » Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:00 am

JesusPuppy wrote:
JoyAnn wrote:Happy Birthday Pup!

Hush Brat. That is one day EVERY ONE can forget you heard about. I was never born, I just spontaniously existed. I didn't even have a childhood. Could be why I am so child-LIKE now. :mrgreen:

And I saw you last post, but got side tracked. It was about trainers or training.. or something about trains anyway.. and I didn't have much to say on that. I like listening to the sound of trains late at night as they....

Oh wait that was trainers, see I got side tracked again. :wink:

Oh no, I heard that! And admitting your child-like is the first step...however I don't see you making the next one lol
:wink:
~Jazzy~Tazzy~
~Tazzarina~Terror~
~Terrorizer~Princess~
~Spunky~PopTart~JoyBells~

"Oh, I KNOW I'm not confused."

"Yeah, I am a Moron."

In His Love and Mercy, Tiara Joy

Terrorizer41192@hotmail.com
(I can't even get into this one, so if you sent anything to it I won't get it....)
TiaraJoy's Profile

Rebecky

Postby Rebecky » Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:36 pm

I blame Shann for this storm turning into JUST rain for me!!!!

They were saying we could see snow but now their saying it'll mostly be rain and if we get any snow it'll be a dusting. If that.

Thanks alot shann.

But thats okay, its coming to you next which means you'll get slammed with the snow. You jinxed yourself too.

:orangeyes
Dum Spiro Spero

Shann

Postby Shann » Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:56 pm

No I knocked on wood so it doesn't count!!! You can come up her and play. At one point we had like three or more feet and the poor dogs had to swim through it because it was over their heads. Lyd took Phin and dropped him in a snow bank and he disappeared. (He's kind of white but as he gets older he is more cream colored)
Shann

Shann's Profile

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:35 am

JoyAnn wrote:Oh no, I heard that! And admitting your child-like is the first step...however I don't see you making the next one lol

So... If I don't take that NEXT step, does that mean I get to stay young and ummm.. child-like? :mrgreen:

Had a neighbor, yeeeeears ago, that did the same thing with their dog, a small one, in just a foot of snow... That thing loved it, burrowed around like a gopher. he would even stick his head up through the snow making mole hills out of the snow. :lol:

JesusPuppy Profile

Shann

Postby Shann » Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:55 pm

JesusPuppy wrote:
JoyAnn wrote:Oh no, I heard that! And admitting your child-like is the first step...however I don't see you making the next one lol

So... If I don't take that NEXT step, does that mean I get to stay young and ummm.. child-like? :mrgreen:

Had a neighbor, yeeeeears ago, that did the same thing with their dog, a small one, in just a foot of snow... That thing loved it, burrowed around like a gopher. he would even stick his head up through the snow making mole hills out of the snow. :lol:

Tiara this is great. You had me seriously laughing! :lol: You need to come around more often :fingerwag

Phin is Pomeranian which is in the Spitz family so he does like the snow. Hmmmm I wonder if Becky is in the Spitz family too. :tongue :sorry :mrgreen:
Shann

Shann's Profile

PreviousNext

Return to The Water Cooler