To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

What Does Time out Mean in PM?

Your place to interact directly with the owners of FaithWriters.

Moderators: mikeedwards, RedBaron, itsjoanne, beaedwards

Shann

Re: What Does Time out Mean in PM?

Postby Shann » Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:43 pm

My first vision was a time out like sitting a child in a chair. :D It does mean that for whatever reason you have taken too long to write your answer. I'd copy it, log out then log back in and paste it then hit submit. Sometimes i'll get it repeatedly too and it's a glitch in the programming, perhaps the site is having a high volume of activity. Sometimes just hitting the back page and trying again. but works best for me is to pound my head against the desk (I don't recommend it unless you have a Styrofoam desk) and then loudly threaten to throw the computer out the window. It works every time! :mrgreen:
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

beaedwards
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby beaedwards » Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:29 pm

Oh no...yes praying for your finger too...you're getting short on limbs if you keep this up.

Yes Shann was correct, the time out is a silly and annoying glitch in the system and I think her suggestion that it might be attributed to high traffic is correct.

Throwing the computer out the window is forever lurking in the back of my mind.....

beaedwards
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby beaedwards » Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:55 am

That is interesting....my right hand pinky finger is permanently fused at the knuckle and sticks straight out making it extremely difficult to write and not much better for typing. Plus I jam it a lot :wink: But you'll adapt in a few days I'm sure! I pray that your pain is supernaturally relieved as you read this!

cgalmond
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Re: On answer to my question Plus a Prayer Request

Postby cgalmond » Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:30 pm

jerseygirl wrote:Shann, very funny... I can just picture you doing that! I didn't think of the copy, paste thing although I have done that with other sites. I just got back in several minutes after I posted this and it let me do it. I just hadn't had that happen before and I thought, "Okay simple enough just re-enter the code and press submit." So I was just stumped as to why it didn't work. I guess I will have to accept that is the way it is sometimes with computers. Thanks for taking the time to write. You are always so good like that in forums. Much appreciated.... Blessings girl! Pray for my finger everybody that sees this, I think I broke it jamming it in a window Thurs. night. I find out next week. I am basically typing left handed.I am in pain!!

Not trying your hand at being a burglar I hope!

Shann

Re: On answer to my question Plus a Prayer Request

Postby Shann » Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:40 pm

cgalmond wrote:
jerseygirl wrote:Shann, very funny... I can just picture you doing that! I didn't think of the copy, paste thing although I have done that with other sites. I just got back in several minutes after I posted this and it let me do it. I just hadn't had that happen before and I thought, "Okay simple enough just re-enter the code and press submit." So I was just stumped as to why it didn't work. I guess I will have to accept that is the way it is sometimes with computers. Thanks for taking the time to write. You are always so good like that in forums. Much appreciated.... Blessings girl! Pray for my finger everybody that sees this, I think I broke it jamming it in a window Thurs. night. I find out next week. I am basically typing left handed.I am in pain!!

Not trying your hand at being a burglar I hope!

Ha,ha,ha it took me a minute but I can promise she wasn't breaking in via a window, it was her own window that suddenly turned on her and attacked for no reason, you know how certain breeds of windows are--just like computers--it's hard-wired into their brains!! :rolling :rolling :rolling :rolling
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

Return to Mike & Bea's Corner