To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Southern Porch Extension

A place for general chat (non-writing related). Please keep political discussions to the relevant neighborhood forum.

Moderators: cori67, RedBaron, Shann

BeachGrandma
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Re: Southern Porch Extension

Postby BeachGrandma » Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:40 pm

Laurie was kind enoug to write me on Facebook in case I couldn't get back online.

If any of you need Don's snail mail address to send sympathy cards, please Email me. I don't believe I should post his address here.

Don, if you happen to drop by the porch, please know that our hearts hurt along with yours but at the same time we rejoice in the knowledge as you mentioned, that she's actually with Jesus, the Savior she has loved for so long. It's hard to comprehend, isn't it, that a loved one or friend like Carol has already met with Him, has seen His precious nail-scarred hands, has felt his warm embrace, has seen the glory that surrounds Him, has seen the face of God Himself and the precious Holy Spirit. This leaves me breathless! How can it be? Carol walking with a confident stride, without missing a step, no trace of pain or weakness, no hint of all she suffered and endured, a new body, and surrounded by everyone she ever knew who shared her faith in Christ Jesus. Blessed be the name of the Lord!

We love you, our dear brother in Christ, and remember that after all has settled down, after the last guest has left, after your son and daughter have returned home, and the last casserole and cherry pie that church members and neighbors have brought to your home has been eaten, remember we're still here for you. You are not alone and all your friends on the Porch and other places you visit both online and in person will keep you close to us and help you through the lonely days ahead.

God bless you. Big time.
Last edited by BeachGrandma on Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
(singing):
"Cover me, Lord, with Your presence,
Cover me, Lord, with Your righteousness,
Cover me, Lord, with Your holiness,
Lord Jesus, cover me."

[b]
Mariane Holbrook

Carole L

Postby Carole L » Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:56 pm

Don, there is nothing more I can add to what has already been said.
I am rejoicing and celebrating with you Carol's restoration to perfect health as she has gone ahead of you wait for you to someday join her.

We love you.
Carole

Proud to be a 500 member.
I don't know the master plan, but I know the Master has a plan.

http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?id=34113

Ms. Barbie

Postby Ms. Barbie » Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:54 am

I have tears for your pain, Don. We know she's in a happy place, but you are sad and that's normal. I care, too. ((((((((hugs)))))))
Barb Culler

Verna

Postby Verna » Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:37 pm

Just saw the news---I have been out of town.
Don, I'm sad and glad for you at the same time. There are so many that don't have the perfect confidence you do that Carol is free from pain and suffering and is with the Lord and you have the assurance you will be with her again in heaven.
May God bring comfort to you and your children. I'll keep you in my heart and in my prayers.
Your witness for her life, united with you and with God, is beautiful. God bless!
Verna

A merry heart doeth good like a medicine...
Proverb 17:22

Facebook author page: Verna Cole Mitchell
http://www.magnificomanuscripts.com/

deejay

Postby deejay » Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:11 pm

Don, I've been reading your posts all through this, and next to Jesus, you are the best thing that ever happened to Carol. I was absolutely amazed at your care and tenderness to her despite her difficulties. I thought, Praise God for Don and his willingness to care for his wife! You don't see that many men like that anymore, who really take the part of the wedding vows which say "in sickness and in health, as long as you both shall live".

I know you have a lot of decisions ahead of you; some of them may be overwhelming. But I pray that every decision you have to make will be lead by the Lord, and that you have peace in Him.

Green Leaves

Postby Green Leaves » Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:29 pm

My heart goes out to you, Don, as you mourn and also celebrate Carol's life. We are so comforted as Christians to know their suffering is over and we will be reunited one day. I pray you will experience the peace of God in the coming days.
http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?id=45576

"God has not called me to be successful, God has called me to be faithful." Mother Teresa

"...not to advance in the spiritual life is to go back. But those who have the gale of the Holy Spirit go forward even in sleep.". Brother Lawrence

ready2go

Postby ready2go » Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:31 pm

THIS IS THE OBITUARY I WROTE FOR CAROL. It will be published on Monday. I will post a link to the Chapel's official obituary when it is available.

Don

After a long illness, Carol, at the age of 70, was called Home by her Savior and Lord on Friday, March 1, 2013. There she will suffer no more pain. Heart disease, diabetes, and all the other related ailments will be things of the past and remembered no more. There will be no more hospitals, walkers, or wheel chairs, either. The sick will be healed, the lame will leap for joy, the blind will see, and the trials of this world will be gone forever. Today, she is safe in the arms of Jesus.

Throughout her suffering Carol rarely complained, and always tried to wear a happy face as a tribute to her faith and trust in the Lord. She was ready to meet Him, and waited expectantly to hear Him call her name. Carol will be greatly missed by all who knew her.

She is survived by her husband Don of almost 50 years, her daughter Shelley, her son David (Diana), a sister Pat, and several nieces and nephews. Carol was preceded in death by her parents Arthur and Alma Nelson, and siblings Richard and Betty.

A memorial service celebrating Carol's life will be held at the Washburn-McReavy Eden Prairie Chapel at 7625 Mitchell Road, Eden Prairie, MN on Friday, March 8, 2013 at 11:00am. A time for refreshments will immediately follow the memorial service
John 14:6
Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me."

"My Journey To Jesus"
http://faithwriters.com/article-details.php?id=41225

http://faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?id=18654

"The Israel Connection"
http://theisraelconnection.blogspot.com/

"I have a story to tell...the saving gospel to share...and the fire of the Holy Spirit burning deep within my soul."

Laurie

Postby Laurie » Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:20 pm

Don, thanks for posting Carol's obituary. I've tried googling it today, but didn't find one, so thanks for sharing it with us.

Are your kids with you this weekend? I hope they're helping with anything you need. You mentioned you were married nearly 50 years. When is your anniversary? (My dad died just 2 1/2 weeks before their 58th anniversary.)

I hope you'll post whenever you like and share whatever is on your heart. You can be real with us, and it's okay.

Verna

Postby Verna » Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:22 pm

Don, that was an absolutely wonderful tribute to a beautiful life. May God's comfort uphold you in these difficult days.
Verna

Verna

Postby Verna » Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:22 pm

Don, that was an absolutely wonderful tribute to a beautiful life. May God's comfort uphold you in these difficult days.
Verna

Verna

Postby Verna » Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:34 pm

I have happy news today. Leon and I are great grandparents for the first time! Our son's older daughter had a beautiful baby girl Saturday morning at 4:41. Ella Lynn weighed 7 pounds, 8 ounces and was 21 and 1/4 inches long. She lives about 100 miles away from us, and we were there to greet her. We are so thankful for her safe delivery and that our beautiful granddaughter and great granddaughter are doing well.

While we grieve for the problems in the world she comes into, we praise our wonderful LORD, who is sufficient for every need. What a blessing it is to know that she comes to a family that loves God and will raise her in His knowledge. God is good!

Then again at the end of the month, we are scheduled to be great grandparents again! Ella Lynn will be joined, Lord willing, by her first cousin, Titus Cole, to be welcomed by his Christian parents. The babies' mothers, sisters, live in the same town and work at the same place. Our son and wife are thrilled beyond measure. My cup runs over!~
Verna

BeachGrandma

Postby BeachGrandma » Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:50 pm

What a beautiful tribute to a beautiful lady, Don. You can hold your head high because you treated her like royalty and cetainly the way Scripture tells husbands to love their wives even as Christ loves His church. I like to think Carol has read what you wrote and smiled when she read it. She'd love to thank you in person and someday she will.

You're in my thoughts and prayers all the time.

God bless.
(singing):
Lord Jesus, cover me."

[b]
Mariane Holbrook

Laurie

Postby Laurie » Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:33 pm

Don, praying for you and watching for posts from you if you want to talk to us at any time. I realize you need some time alone, too, but know we're here whenever you want to share.

Mariane, I bet it's hard on the boys that their mother remarried. I'm just so glad they're with you and your husband.

Congrats Great Grandma Verna! What an exciting time for your family. :)

Allison, I hope you're still coming along.

Joanney, when will you find out about your surgery? I don't blame you for being upset with Paul the other night.

I can't tolerate the side effects of this thyroid medication. I tend to be sensitive to medications, so it's no surprise. Will call the clinic tomorrow and see what the doctor recommends. Since my thyroid is just borderline low maybe I could do okay on something herbal. My doctor works with both prescriptions and more natural remedies, so I'll see what he says.

forHIM

Postby forHIM » Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:47 pm

Don, my heart hurts for you and your loss . . . but rejoices that Carol is now in the land of no more pain. My deepest felt prayers will be with you as you journey through the days and years without the love of your life. May God bring your weary soul rest and your heart peace.

With my love and hugs

Debby
When God calls me to account, what will I answer Him? Job 31:14

http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?id=29757

BeachGrandma

Postby BeachGrandma » Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:40 am

]I wish all of you could see the picture of Verna's new great great granddaughter that she posted on Facebook. She's just beautiful, perfect filled out face, trying to smile, and such a picture of health. Congratulations, great great grandmother! I can't wait til I get to be one!

Tim's new girlfriend is a couple of years past the child-bearing age so I guess I'll be waiting awhile before any babies are born into this family, if they do decide to get married sometimes. Right now he's enjoying getting to know her. She has a master's degree from Western Seminary and guess what her job title is: family and child custody counselor. She is very pretty, never been married, and smiles all the time. The boys like her a lot. Tim told them he was in no hurry to be married again andd if he did, he would talk it over with them well in advance and would want them to attend the wedding. Their mother told them she was married after the fact and it upset them terribly. Besides, they don't even like the man, who had been a family friend, so it was doubly hard. But they're slowly adjusting, though it seems to me my youngest grandchild is clinging to me even more. I suspect he feels he's been displaced in his mother's heart and just needs extra loving from his grandparents. We keep telling them it's going to all work out, that their mother loves them and has been going through a hard time. Tim is the best father I've ever seen, bar none. He runs with them on the beach, takes them shopping for Legos, goes to the park with them and when they watch tv in our first floor apartment, he snuggles up with them on the couch to watch tv together. I'm so thankful that Tim is serving the Lord and giving them the spiritual guidance that they so badly need.

Don, I know the nights must be long for you and I hope someone is staying in the house with you. I pray for sound sleep for you and wonderful "peace that passes all understanding."

I guess I'll go back to bed and try to get some more sleep myself. Night all.
(singing):
Lord Jesus, cover me."

[b]
Mariane Holbrook

PreviousNext

Return to The Water Cooler