To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

A place for general chat (non-writing related). Please keep political discussions to the relevant neighborhood forum.

Moderators: cori67, RedBaron, Shann

Allison
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Re: Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

Postby Allison » Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:13 pm

I got my staples removed today, and there was almost NO pain. Woohoo! Now if they'd just let me out of the house, I'd feel like a real girl again. :)
Isaiah 40:30-31 (NIV)

Sparrow

Postby Sparrow » Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:20 pm

Kara! Awesome to see you. I've missed you. Hope you can get here more often but glad your new schedule is working out.

Leah, I haven't decided if I'll be staying at the hotel at all but might stay Friday and Saturday night since we stay up so late playing games. I'll see... But if so then it might be fun to room together. But if someone else comes up first then that's fine too. Since it's the first time in this location, I think a lot of people will be staying extra days to sightsee.

DeeJay, I can see what you mean about the over-crowding of animals, but I agree with Holly that it can be a valuable experience to deal with a litter of kittens. My childhood cat had them and that was one of the highlights of my whole life. I spent so much time with them that they were amazingly good cats and I found good homes for all of them. One could say the same thing with humans--there are a lot of orphans and foster kids who need homes, but that doesn't mean everyone else should stop having some of their own kids. :) (before I got sick I always hoped to have some of my own and adopt some) And most people who have animals have more than one, so that means not everyone in the world needs to have one for all of them to get a home. I think the main problem is the puppy/kitten mills that crank out so many and mistreat them so badly.

Becky, do you still have your cold? How are you feeling? How's it going working with.. I think it is your grandpa?

Shann, I hoped the hospital would help more... sorry you are still feeling so rotten. Cool you are getting freelance jobs though!

Pup, funny about the newspaper article. That's a small town for ya!
Amy Michelle Wiley
Check out my booklet, Bring Your Writing to Life: a writer's guide to "show; don't tell". Buy it here.
My Website, Sparrow's Flight

jaybird
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Postby jaybird » Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:13 pm

I've been summoned by Shann for my presence here for dialogue and my quips. I scared everyone by going in the ambulance for breathing distress 2 weeks ago. Spent a few hours in the ER.It may have been thick secretions and/or extra fluid build up. I'm taking a diaretic more often and breathing treatments.

I don't think I qualify to enter the contest since I'm not a paid member.

I think I'm about done with my novel revision.
I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. Philippians 4:13

"Why sweat the small stuff when it's really not a big stink" - my quote

http://www.journalhome.com/ThingsToShare/

Shann

Postby Shann » Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:27 pm

Oh I'm glad you answered my summons. Hmm...you and Kara and Holly listened to me...visions of power trips...mu-ha-ha (I can't do the evil laugh as well as Tiara and Becky)

You're right you do need to be a platinum member. I know $10 a month can be a lot for some people, but if you could afford it, it would be so worth it. If you can't afford it, I know some people who might be willing to sponsor you.

That's going to be my new nag, I want everyone to enter the book contest. I'll probably never get everyone to enter the challenge at the same time, but maybe we could do the book.

I'd be willing to help the rest stoppers with some proofreading! Please come on guys, help a sick old lady see her dreams come true!!
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:08 pm

Shann wrote:Even those of us who feel like we aren't lovable (and you all know who you are)

Speaking as one of those Un-lovable type, (at least to Bubbles who want to have me fixed :tongue ) I thank you Shann. And yes, there are soooo many times I just can't see the good in me, no matter what people tell me. But I keep trying.

Shortstuff.. you are definitely a girly, even if you are a hostage by medical orders. Mean old doctors anyway.
....JesusPuppy (or just call me Pup) Image

And just for the record, I am a Male.

"I am a writer, I do NOT lie... I fictionalise." JP

"The Lord Bless thee, and keep thee.." Num. 6:24

JesusPuppy Profile

Cypress Times, online Christian news paper.

Sparrow

Postby Sparrow » Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:16 am

Jay, did you see that non-paying members can enter the challenge four times now, whenever they want? Would be cool if you submitted. :) And glad you're doing a bit better now.

Allison, why can't you go out of the house yet? Sorry you're going stir crazy but at least Boa is gone!

Deb finished the last of the conference forms today, so Mike should have the registration forms live soon!
Amy Michelle Wiley
Check out my booklet, Bring Your Writing to Life: a writer's guide to "show; don't tell". Buy it here.

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:06 am

Wooooo Hooooo!!!! :superhappy

I am sooo liking that it is here this year. Well at least on this side of the country so I don't have air fare to worry about. I plan to get there Thursday evening sometime (if I can catch the right bus north) and be there til Monday morning. I may not be much for the writing parts anymore, but I am so looking forward to meeting up with folks again. I might... I say might.. even play one of those silly board game. :mrgreen:

JesusPuppy Profile

Rebecky

Postby Rebecky » Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:53 am

I didn't sleep good last night at all. I feel like I could fall over and sleep now. But I know I'll never be able to.

Hope everyone has fun at the conference. Maybe one of these days i'll be able to go but I never have enough money or its just too far (like this year). Personally I think they need to keep them more centrally located in the US. But oh well.
Dum Spiro Spero

Allison

Postby Allison » Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:41 pm

Amy, I"m still considered "homebound" and they are sending therapists to my house and such. If I can go out as I desire, I'm not considered "homebound" and they can't send the people to my house. That's the gist of it, really. The PT is the one who kind of okays that sort of thing, and she said if I absolutely have to get out, I could have someone take me on a drive and go through a drive-through. lol I'm not that desperate enough yet that that sounds like a "worthy" trip.

I do have a couple of things planned to help pass the time, so hopefully that will help. :) I like to make "bead creatures" (do you remember those bead lizards that were really popular in the 1990s? Like that, except other things besides lizards) and I like to make them for kids who are battling chronic illnesses. On Facebook, I found the story of this little girl who has a rare immune disorder, so I'm going to make stuff for her and her family. Probably send them my "life story" and maybe a couple of my other stories as well. So that will help, I think, feeling that I'm doing something besides just staring at Facebook all day. lol

Shann

Postby Shann » Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:51 pm

Oh Allison those lizards bead thingiees sounds cool. I'm practicing knitting with a loom and weave kit that I got for Christmas. It helps keep my hands busy when I am anxious. I don't know if the blanket I'm working on now would ever be good enough to give someone but my MIL gave me some old yarn and I have a border than 100 stitches across and I alternate purl and knit. It really helps with my dexterity. There are a couple of dropped stitches and some places where I fought with yarn so it looks fuzzy and some stitches that are bigger than others. It's going to be a warm blanket--either for a baby or a lap blanket. I also have a knitting machine that is complicated and cost a hundred bucks so I feel guilty keeping it esp since I have the pegboard loom, but if I can figure it out I could make blankets and sweaters in just a night or two. I've wanted either the loom or machine for years and this year I got both. In also got two sets of sheets. My mil bought me like a 600 thread count set 8 years ago and I love it and am spoiled. My family has tried to buy high thread count sheets since but they are the cheap ones and even though it would say 1000 thread count, they were light weight and wore through after just a double of washings. So this year I got two sets of microfiber. It's nice because it wicks away moisture and I sweat but not the same as the high thread count. They have some sometimes on groupon but they are a hundred bucks.

I'm trying to talk Mike into doing conference in Rochester which would be nice for east coast and I think I could get great deals but he is set on Fl and MI. I might be able to do Fl one. I'd love to go this year but no way to afford flight. Plus Lyd is going to study in Ireland next year and I want to go see her so bad. But probably will never be able to
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

Sparrow

Postby Sparrow » Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:23 pm

There will be some more central conferences. For sure one in Michigan and like Shann said, maybe one in Rochester eventually. I think Mike might be open to it later. We'll see.

Allison, make sure you double-check the cancer family before you send them a bunch of stuff. There are a ton of stories going around FaceBook that are either ten years old or not true at all. But I'm sure there are lots that are true, too. Just good to do some checking. :)
Amy Michelle Wiley

Allison

Postby Allison » Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:32 am

Sparrow wrote:There will be some more central conferences. For sure one in Michigan and like Shann said, maybe one in Rochester eventually. I think Mike might be open to it later. We'll see.

Allison, make sure you double-check the cancer family before you send them a bunch of stuff. There are a ton of stories going around FaceBook that are either ten years old or not true at all. But I'm sure there are lots that are true, too. Just good to do some checking. :)

Oh, this is an active page that her parents update every day. :)

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:34 pm

Saturday night and back to work. Spent most of me days off laying in bed being lazy. I did go for coffee once, it was misty raining so I didn't stay out long. Still getting over the stiffles and sneezing. Strange, it is not like a cold or anything just sneezing and runny nose. It gets worse when the rain gets heavier... hummmmmm... maybe I am becoming illurgic to rain. Bad thing to have living on the coast. :roll:

JesusPuppy Profile

Shann

Postby Shann » Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:47 pm

Man you all are quiet. we need to stir things up. If I were you all I'd be very afraid. I'm going to bed and think on it just know you all have been warned!!Image
Shann

Shann's Profile

Shann

Postby Shann » Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:48 pm

And just fer fun:Image
Shann

Shann's Profile

PreviousNext

Return to The Water Cooler