To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

A place for general chat (non-writing related). Please keep political discussions to the relevant neighborhood forum.

Moderators: cori67, RedBaron, Shann

Allison
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Re: Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

Postby Allison » Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:57 pm

DeeJay, if that chest pain continues, please do not play around with it. Go to the ER or call 911! You don't know that it's a side effect, and it would be best to get it checked out. Please don't endanger your health because you think it's "just a side effect."

Well, I got rid of the pump thing this afternoon! The home health nurse came by today and said I was done. Woohoo! I feel free!!
Isaiah 40:30-31 (NIV)

violin4jesus

Postby violin4jesus » Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:15 am

Allison wrote:DeeJay, if that chest pain continues, please do not play around with it. Go to the ER or call 911! You don't know that it's a side effect, and it would be best to get it checked out. Please don't endanger your health because you think it's "just a side effect."

I'm going to echo that concern as the resident nurse here (well, Shann too, but she hasn't responded yet). At least call the study, so they can evaluate you and you don't get stuck with an ER bill. Chest pain is one symptom you shouldn't mess around with.

My back is feeling better. We went hiking on Tuesday in the mountains and I think the exercise loosened it up. Had a really busy night at work last night with a lot of bending and twisting, but I didn't feel any more irritation and was able to skip the muscle relaxer when I got home. I follow up with the doc on Monday. Today I'm playing violin in church with my buddies from small group. I'll try to do all three services, but as of yet I haven't made it to bed, so we'll see how exhausted I am by the end of the day. I'm trying to wind down as best I can. Made a batch of gluten free dairy free chocolate chip peanut butter cookies off Pinterest, which turned out pretty good. Softer than usual due to not having flour, and I would probably add coconut if I made it again. Ryan and I then finished season eight of Scrubs. There is a season nine, but we're not planning on watching it because it's totally different from the rest of the show (like an afterthought).

Glad Shann and Allison are doing better. Becky, I loved your piece. Please don't be down on yourself. Holly, I am so glad you are popping back in regularly!

Amy, how are plans with the FW conference? I'm still working on getting Ryan to drive up with me. If not, I'll have to fly. It's not terribly expensive to fly, but it would be nice to have my own car around and have the option to visit family.

I would share more, but am feeling pretty sleepy. Hope you all are having a good weekend.

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:30 am

Glad to hear you are doing better now Shortstuff.

Bubbles wrote:I know "luv" is a strong word but you really are dear to me own little heart!

Luv is not a strong word. LOVE is a strong word, luv is just for being silly. :wink:

Luv ya Bubbles. :mrgreen:
....JesusPuppy (or just call me Pup) Image

And just for the record, I am a Male.

"I am a writer, I do NOT lie... I fictionalise." JP

"The Lord Bless thee, and keep thee.." Num. 6:24

JesusPuppy Profile

Cypress Times, online Christian news paper.

Sparrow

Postby Sparrow » Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:07 pm

violin4jesus wrote:Amy, how are plans with the FW conference? I'm still working on getting Ryan to drive up with me. If not, I'll have to fly. It's not terribly expensive to fly, but it would be nice to have my own car around and have the option to visit family.

Everything is all set for it, but there seems to be a delay getting everything set up for registration. It should be open soon. :) Would be good to see you again.

I had a weird week.... After that weakness episode I told you about that I had Monday... I've had another one almost every day this week. Was starting to get a bit worried, but I'm hoping that since I had a sore throat and tummy ache too, that if I had a cold it was exasperating the heart problem and it would calm down again once I got better. I have gone a day and a half without an episode now, so that's good.

I stayed home from church and got an interpreting sub today because if I did get all weak again, I wouldn't be able to drive, much less get down off the stage by myself. :roll: I slept until 4:00 pm.

Then besides me not being able to walk half the week, my sister SisJ had the c-dif infection return and had another couple of urgent care or ER visits, and we found out that my dad does have to decide whether or not to do chemo. He has about a 75% chance of remaining cancer free if he does nothing, and chemo would only increase it another 6% while making him really sick for six months. He has until March 12th to decide if he's doing it or not since they want to wait a bit after the surgery anyway. He is recovering really well, though, and walked three miles yesterday!

Speaking of sleeping so much, I started the stimulent
Amy Michelle Wiley
Check out my booklet, Bring Your Writing to Life: a writer's guide to "show; don't tell". Buy it here.
My Website, Sparrow's Flight

tonguethaid

Postby tonguethaid » Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:05 am

Hello there! I know it has been such a long time since I have been on here. You are all still very dear to me- and I have been keeping up with those of you on facebook, and I have not forgotten any of you! This is a place of comfort and truly a place of rest.

I guess the biggest reason for my absence is I have had to prioritize things differently- and because of that I have way less time to be on the computer. Which I really think has been a good thing for me. I do miss getting on the forums everyday and keeping up with everyone! I don't think this will last forever, hopefully not! I will try to drop by more often, when I can.

ps. Shann and anyone else who had my phone number, the number was dropped so don't contact me there- if you want to catch up then send me a message on facebook :D
♥Kara

“The true harvest of my life is intangible - a little star dust caught, a portion of the rainbow I have clutched” ~ Henry David Thoreau

"If you are a dreamer,come in. If you are a dreamer, a wisher, a liar, a hoper, a prayer, a magic-bean-buyer. If you're a pretender, come sit by my fire, for we have some flax-golden tales to spin. Come in! Come in!" ~ Shel Silverstein

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:45 pm

Whoa... is that really you, Kara! Wow, I thought for sure the alien would have snatch you up. :lol:

Oh and by the way I can't get onto facebook. I forgot my password again. :roll:

Leah.. I hear you on the conference. I been wondering when they would finish the set up. I just didn't want to seem TOO anxious. As it is I probably wont go for the classes or anything, just to meet up with folks, but, I am still looking forward to it.

LittleSparrowBird wrote:Speaking of sleeping so much, I started the stimulent

As long as you don't flip sides and be an insoniac. :roll:

Praying it helps and does you some good.

JesusPuppy Profile

Allison

Postby Allison » Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:36 pm

Amy, I wish you could give me some of YOUR extra sleep, we'd both get the "normal" 6 to 8 hours, and feel fine with that amount of sleep. Sleep has been an issue for me, and I'm sick and tired of being cooped up. Bleh.
Isaiah 40:30-31 (NIV)

violin4jesus

Postby violin4jesus » Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:41 am

Yay, Kara! Nice of you to stop in! Although I totally understand about having a busy life - and yours I'm sure is even busier than mine. I just have to wait until Ryan goes to bed before sneaking on here and writing to everyone. :lol:

JesusPuppy wrote:Leah.. I hear you on the conference. I been wondering when they would finish the set up. I just didn't want to seem TOO anxious. As it is I probably wont go for the classes or anything, just to meet up with folks, but, I am still looking forward to it.

Yeah, JP, I wanted to know more details on times, although it can't be too much different from all the other conferences. Most everyone gets there by Friday night and leaves around Sunday morning. Shoot, I forgot to talk to my mom (about my parents meeting me in Portland then vs. driving another 4+ hours to see them) when I chatted with her tonight. My brother already said he'd totally come down & meet me there, since his wife has a zillion friends there anyway. I have to get my Kylie fix! My mom tells me all the cute things Kylie does each week. This week it's trying "people" food and all the faces she makes when she tastes new things.

I am on standby for my extra shift tonight, which is good for my upcoming shifts the later part of this week. I also worked about 5.5 hours extra last night because they were short and busy with the full moon. Trying to get every extra hour I can to pay for our move. Haven't really looked hard for a new apartment because we need to save the money to move first.

Well, I'm going to go be somewhat productive. Night night. :mrgreen:

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:04 am

Nurses and moving... You know how with newspapers they always have the most dramatic story on the front cover, or at least the BIGGEST news item. Last week's Bandon paper had major headlines. The community hospital... a total of four rooms for emergency hospital stay :roll: .. now has its own full time nurse. Doctors are still on call as needed in a rotation from the area, BUT.. they now have a registered nurse. :mrgreen:

Front page news. A full page on where her and her family come from, and how much the town forked out to get her. The paper that week was the biggest it has been in years. I think it had 20 pages.... with the ad inserts. :roll:

JesusPuppy Profile

AnneRene'

Postby AnneRene' » Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:40 pm

KARAKINS!!!!!! SOOOOOO DAG NAB IT HAPPY TO SEE YOU!
bth_Chicken_Little_animated.gif
bth_Chicken_Little_animated.gif (75.7 KiB) Viewed 754 times

btrw...ewe ain't the only one who went mia....me's was gone like for E V E R! And, everyone still loves mes!

Leahkins...you actually made me chuckle out loud with the full moon bit. It's so true tho! I spent many years working in ER as a clerk and know exactly how weird it can get.

As for you Pup, you always maka me smile!

And Short-stuff...I feel for you being cooped up...it just bites! However, just keep focused on "This too shall pass". And if that doesn't help you through the knot in you tummy moments just think what it would be like to really be cooped up.
bth_chickencoop.jpg
bth_chickencoop.jpg (4.5 KiB) Viewed 754 times

:mrgreen:

okay....off to do SO MANY THINGS...none of which I want to, BUT...I'll feel better gittin 'em done. Like laundry, floors, yada yada yada. I KNOW...mes will go and get a starbucks first. Now I'm all happy!

deejay

Postby deejay » Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:28 pm

I don't know if any of you remember Gidget, the kitten my roomies CJ and Diane rescued off the street last August or not. She was given to one of our neighbors, who took her down to Tijuana to become the pet of her grandmother. We've gotten pictures of her, and she's big and beautiful. Last night I came home from the library to learn that Gidget is going to have kittens. That makes me angry, because there are too many cats and dogs being killed in shelters across the country as it is. Today is National Spay Day, and this morning on the news they were saying that if you gave a cat or dog to every person on the planet--8 billion people, as I recall--there still wouldn't be enough homes for all of them. We should've gotten her spayed before we let her go. But of course nobody listens to me--last night CJ and Diane were saying that they heard that a cat should have at least one litter. I tried to tell them that's not true, but they ignored me. Typical.

AnneRene'

Postby AnneRene' » Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:09 pm

Hello Miss DeeJay,

As for Gidget having kittens...weeeeeelllllll....ewes right of course about being responsible pet owners and spaying/neutering (sorry pup) :lol: , and yes there are so many in shelters being put down, however, maybe the grandma will be responsible and get good permanent homes for the kittens like I did. I allowed one of my cats to have kittens for my daughter when she was nine, for the experience of it all (myself included) and it was pretty cool. A little scary, but cool.

So lighten up for your b/p.. :mrgreen: and pray through your frustration. Being an all around critter lover meself...I sooooo hate to see animals in shelters too, but, on that note...better there than roaming around starving and cold.

bth_interracialkitties.jpg
bth_interracialkitties.jpg (3.28 KiB) Viewed 751 times

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:51 am

Well as long as you don't put me in a shelter... even if I am a stray. I notice you already thinking of having me fixed. :roll:

Mean ole bubbly person, pick on the area's pet puppy. :fingerwag

JesusPuppy Profile

violin4jesus

Postby violin4jesus » Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:02 pm

Ha! That's funny about the front page article on the new nurse. The hospital I worked north of Spokane had only 4 beds in the ER, but then it had like 27 beds in the regular hospital, plus an OR suite (actually two, but the other one was pretty much just storage). It's good to have at least someone on call; you never know what might come in.

Well, my plane ticket is bought. We worked out a compromise - I'll fly up to Portland on Thursday, then Ryan will start driving up Saturday, with an arrival sometime on Sunday. We've put it out to my family whether they want to come down to see us, or if they can't get off work, then we'll drive up there for a few days before booking it back home. My mom is going to start babysitting Kylie in June anyway, so I'll get to see her all day Tuesday if we stay with them.

I'm gonna need roomies in the hotel! I'm a quiet sleeper, and I don't toss & turn much. I'm planning to arrive pretty early in the morning, so I'll do some wandering around town. I do have a great aunt in Portland, so I may try to see her as well. I'm sure y'all will know your schedules more as it gets closer to the date.

Shann

Postby Shann » Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:37 pm

AnneRene' wrote:KARAKINS!!!!!! SOOOOOO DAG NAB IT HAPPY TO SEE YOU!
bth_Chicken_Little_animated.gif

btrw...ewe ain't the only one who went mia....me's was gone like for E V E R! And, everyone still loves mes!

Who says everyone still loves you? I was in the hospital and didn't even get an urgent phone call from you!! :tongue

However, I am delighted to see Kara back!! I thought you were snubbing my texts as I have sent numerous ones lately. I'm not good at talking to people via FB.

Sorry i'm not commenting more, but it's so hard to sit at PC. My left side is weak, my left hand almost useless, and last night i started having holes in my vision and a fierce headache. it did go away so it was probably nothing, but it makes it hard to sit at PC for long and I have so much stuff to do.

Good news is i'm getting so many offers for paid editing jobs. I have been asked to edit three full-length books. I'm not sure how it will work out, but I'm honored to have people ask me.

I love you guys so much and can't even begin to make you all understand how important you are in my life. There have been times where I literally might not have made it through had it not been for your support and prayers. This little bunch of nuts or misfits or whatever we are, are some of the most amazing people God has placed on this earth. I think we aLL NEED TO BE REMINDED SOMETIME THAT WE HAVE A PURPOSE. (grr stupid left finger hits the cap lock and I can't feel it. Man I wish I had thought of that for the key story--it would have been a perfect fit.)

But back to my speech. Even those of us who feel like we aren't lovable (and you all know who you are) I think sometimes we might have bigger impact on others than we can wrap our minds around. I know what it feels like to be a failure or feel that people would be better off without me, but my life has been lifted to a whole new level because of you all. :grouphug :loveyou :grouphug3
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

PreviousNext

Return to The Water Cooler