To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

A place for general chat (non-writing related). Please keep political discussions to the relevant neighborhood forum.

Moderators: RedBaron, cori67, Shann

Sparrow

Re: Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

Postby Sparrow » Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:31 am

Hey, Tiara, glad your training is coming along! Too bad about the other instructor though.

Shann, so hard to lose our furry friends. Glad you're home, though. Hope you're getting some rest.

DJ, I've been in three studies. Only one of them helped me, but I'm always glad to help out research any way I can. Sorry yours started out so slow but hope it goes well now.

So Monday I was supposed to go to two different family events for different sides of the family but halfway through the breakfast I got all dizzy and my legs went weak and I could barely even get out of the restaurant and then had to spend the rest of the day in bed. That's the third episode like that I've had in the last three weeks and then had another more minor one the next day. Weird. It seems to be my pulse dropping so whatever the tachydardia is trying to prevent usually, was happening. Oh well, maybe it'll stop once I get more rested up from the trip and everything.

I started a new med today that we're hoping will keep me more awake... maybe I can even write again!
Amy Michelle Wiley
Check out my booklet, Bring Your Writing to Life: a writer's guide to "show; don't tell". Buy it here.
My Website, Sparrow's Flight

JesusPuppy
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Postby JesusPuppy » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:14 am

Rebecky wrote:So if you weren't born does that mean you don't have a belly button?

No I don't, as a matter of fact. I have a belly lent collector. It also works for cookie crumbs. :mrgreen:
....JesusPuppy (or just call me Pup) Image

And just for the record, I am a Male.

"I am a writer, I do NOT lie... I fictionalise." JP

"The Lord Bless thee, and keep thee.." Num. 6:24

JesusPuppy Profile

Cypress Times, online Christian news paper.

Shann

Postby Shann » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:12 pm

CONGRATULATIONS BECKY FOR RANKING 9TH in the challenge!! Check her out here. It's a great story!!
http://www.faithwriters.com/wc-article- ... p?id=44922 :book2 :coolsign :D
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

Rebecky

Postby Rebecky » Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:11 pm

Thanks Shann, I'm glad you enjoyed it but I don't think anyone else cares to read it or anything. But thanks still.
Dum Spiro Spero

Shann

Postby Shann » Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:39 pm

If you want me to remove the link Becky, I will but I think mNY PEOPLE WHO POP IN HERE WOULD LIKE TO READ IT, THEY MAY NOT COMMENT BUT THAT DOESN'T MEAN THEY DIDN'T READ IT. Man!! Chris got a new keyboard and my fingers get stuck more in this one than the ergowhatever one. I'm going back to bed to rest. Insert red heasd stomping off to bedroom after stopping off in kitchen to get rice cakes and yogurt but before stopping off to bathroom to..I can hear my kids yellimng TMI so I'm just stomping off. Mutter i probably should call the neurologist since my right side is weaker and weaker but I'm too busy stomping
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:28 pm

Re-Kiddo Becky wrote:I don't think anyone else cares to read it or anything.

WHAT? You mean I didn't HAVE to read it? :roll:

:tongue

JesusPuppy Profile

Shann

Postby Shann » Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:07 pm

Oh you lovable ole goat! What would we do without you? :tongue
Shann

Shann's Profile

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:55 pm

Ummm.. lead normal lives? :mrgreen:

JesusPuppy Profile

Rebecky

Postby Rebecky » Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:12 pm

JesusPuppy wrote:
Re-Kiddo Becky wrote:I don't think anyone else cares to read it or anything.

WHAT? You mean I didn't HAVE to read it?

Nope. sorry you wasted your time
Dum Spiro Spero

Shann

Postby Shann » Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:16 pm

JesusPuppy wrote:Ummm.. lead normal lives? :mrgreen:

Is there an app for that? :roll: :tongue
Shann

Shann's Profile

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:01 am

Rebecky wrote:Nope. sorry you wasted your time

Wasn't wasted and you know it.

Brat. :tongue

JesusPuppy Profile

Shann

Postby Shann » Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:49 am

What no comment on my clever little quip? I thought that was quite good and actually even quite funny so TAH :tongue
Shann

Shann's Profile

AnneRene'

Postby AnneRene' » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:04 pm

Shalom all my little munchkin peeps!

My heart sunk a little at all of the trials so many have endured lately. However, glad to hear that you (short-stuff) are recovering well from your hip surgery. I soooo sympathizse with you in your recovery. It definitely takes detemination. My roommate has had both knees replaced, one houlder, and is now waiting for both hips to be replaced. She is like you tho....a trooper!

And Shannikins....so sad about your kitty passing on. (It was a kitty, right?) Either way...I hurt for you not be able to be there for him or her. I had to put one of my 15 year old kittys down a couple of months ago and then an old-timer dog of one of my clients and I was very attached to her. When I took her into my vet, they had a bunch of blankets on the floor with the one I donated from my kitty on top. It made me instantly start blubbering and the office felt so bad, but I told the it actually made me feel good to have Princess (the dog I had just brought in) use it. Bittersweet moment. Anyway, moving on...are you working on seeing a neurologist?

As for you back Miss Leahkins...having back problems myself...can soooo relate. Wise decision to see the WCs Dr. You never know what can creep up on you later from that one incident. I used to work in Workers' Comp for a school district and it's nice to hear that your employer followed the correct protocol to protect them as well as you.

DeeJay...nice to see you around, and although your trial beginning was lengthy, glad you will be able to benefit from the payment. Also, glad to hear you are taking challenges in stride with a positive attitude.

Jaybird...did I read your post right? You are okay and just gave everyone a little scare with heart palpitations? If so, do you know what caused it?

And Missy-Prissy Beakers....I read your story and found it sooooooo sweet. It revealed what a tender little heart you have.

Amykins...praying that your new med will do the trick. I can imagine how frustrating it is to have to put things you really want to do on hold....ESPECIALLY writing. :(

Okay....as for me....got me new laptop (using it now) :superhappy but have been working on my roomates laptop she just got at a state auction and figuring out the hard disk drivers and reloading windows and GEEEEEEEEESH....you name it. Anyway, almost all done now but have to force windows to update all of the updates today, so decided to check in on y'all first.

Luv and appreciate you critters! Like for REAL and TOTALLY. I know "luv" is a strong word but you really are dear to me own little heart!

AnneRene'

Postby AnneRene' » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:49 pm

Okay...mes didn't forget pictures...just wasn't gonna chance loosing my loooong post. :mrgreen

bth_1232715875EGVT7Tx.jpg
bth_1232715875EGVT7Tx.jpg (2.34 KiB) Viewed 351 times

bth_cuteanimals16.jpg
bth_cuteanimals16.jpg (10.62 KiB) Viewed 351 times

K...this one's just for Sunshine! :D

[attachment=2]bth_1232715875EGVT7Tx.jpg[/attachment
]
Attachments
bth_cuteanimals12.jpg
bth_cuteanimals12.jpg (12.43 KiB) Viewed 351 times

deejay

Postby deejay » Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:13 pm

Okay, here's what happened the rest of the day after I was at the research center. I finally get to the library, use my 1 1/2 hours on their computers--or try to--the computer had problems, so I quit with 17 minutes to go, and switched to my netbook. Around 3 p.pm. I got the dangedest pain in the middle of my chest. It was steady, but came and went from time to time. One of the side effects of the approved medications I'm taking--if I'm not taking a placebo--is chest pain; the other med is being tested, but I could also be getting a placebo for that too. It's a double-blind study, so neither I nor the research center know whether I'm taking the generic form of Zetia orally or a placebo, or if what I'm self-injecting every 4 weeks subcutaneously is the trial medicine or a placebo. Anyway, I often get chest pains when I have a lot of gas, but usually it's to the side, in "the girls" and sharp; this was in the middle and dull, though I have also had dull pain with gas. I had a hard time sleeping that night; if I yawned or tried to take a deep breath through my mouth, the pain went lower and got worse; taking a deep breath through my nose didn't do this. I'd taken simethicone and eventually it helped, but the next morning I used a menthol stick on the middle of my chest hoping it would do something. Fortunately, by the time I got to work, I was fine. I didn't feel bloated or anything, but I'm sure all that high-fiber stuff in the snacks they gave me was the culprit. I will tell them at my next appointment Mar. 6th.
Luckily, I haven't had any "accidents" since then, so I'm okay, but doing quite a bit of "degassing" from time to time. I'm fine.

PreviousNext

Return to The Water Cooler