To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Southern Porch Extension

A place for general chat (non-writing related). Please keep political discussions to the relevant neighborhood forum.

Moderators: cori67, RedBaron, Shann

ready2go
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Re: Southern Porch Extension

Postby ready2go » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:28 pm

Hi,

Just a short note to let you know that paramedics quickly responded to my 911 call this morning and transported Carol to the hospital. She was admitted into ICU for tests, scans, and monitoring of her condition. The doctors there suspect a stroke; a possible heart attack while she was being transported; severe dehydration; a UTI; a hypo-thyroid condition; possible kidney failure; a stomach obstruction; anemia; and out-of-control diabetes blood sugar.

One doctor told me, "She is one very sick lady." Another said, "It is fortunate you brought her in when you did."

I spent most of the day at the hospital after only an hour of sleep last night. I'll keep you as informed as I can.

Don
John 14:6
Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me."

"My Journey To Jesus"
http://faithwriters.com/article-details.php?id=41225

http://faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?id=18654

"The Israel Connection"
http://theisraelconnection.blogspot.com/

"I have a story to tell...the saving gospel to share...and the fire of the Holy Spirit burning deep within my soul."

forHIM

Postby forHIM » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:53 pm

Don, my prayers are with both you and Carol tonight. I pray our Lord Jesus will comfort you both and that you will find rest in His loving arms.

With my love

Debby
When God calls me to account, what will I answer Him? Job 31:14

http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?id=29757

Ms. Barbie

Postby Ms. Barbie » Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:49 pm

Also praying, Don. (((((hugs)))))
Barb Culler

Edy

Postby Edy » Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:28 am

Praying for both of you, Don, and for the doctors to identify the problem quickly. Praying also for refreshing sleep to enhance healing and rejuvenation. Are your son and daughter able to join you for awhile?
"Jesus Never Fails!" Love, Edy
The Gospel is such Good News even Christians don't believe it!
The Power of Story
We are the third temple! Acts 7:48, 1 Peter 2:4-5
Essentially Lutheran
My StoriesMy Blog:The Prairie Nightingale

Carole L

Postby Carole L » Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:47 am

Oh, Don, so sorry! Will be praying for both of you for healing and wisdom, and for the doctors for wisdom.
God's blessings for you.
Carole

Proud to be a 500 member.
I don't know the master plan, but I know the Master has a plan.

http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?id=34113

Green Leaves

Postby Green Leaves » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:44 am

Also praying for you and Carol, Don. Maybe they will be able to find some real answers that will help her.

I too drop in very often. There are some serious family issues going on, but thankfully, for days now the lyrics to Matt Reman's song keep running through my head hour by hour, day after day.

Here they are:

Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death
Your perfect love is casting out fear
And even when I’m caught in the middle of the storms of this life
I won’t turn back
I know You are near

And I will fear no evil
For my God is with me
And if my God is with me
Whom then shall I fear?
Whom then shall I fear?

Chorus:
Oh no, You never let go
Through the calm and through the storm
Oh no, You never let go
In every high and every low
Oh no, You never let go
Lord, You never let go of me

And I can see a light that is coming for the heart that holds on
A glorious light beyond all compare
And there will be an end to these troubles
But until that day comes
We’ll live to know You here on the earth

Chorus:

Yes, I can see a light that is coming for the heart that holds on
And there will be an end to these troubles
But until that day comes
Still I will praise You, still I will praise You

If you want to hear it:
http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=A9Ya7ryN ... 9Ya7ryNob4
http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?id=45576

"God has not called me to be successful, God has called me to be faithful." Mother Teresa

"...not to advance in the spiritual life is to go back. But those who have the gale of the Holy Spirit go forward even in sleep.". Brother Lawrence

Laurie

Postby Laurie » Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:28 am

Don, praying here, too. Her condition is so severe, and it's a good thing you called 911 when you did. What a heartbreaking time for you. May you have an overwhelming sense of God's presence and love. And I hope your kids are with you and Carol.

ready2go

Postby ready2go » Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:38 am

We are having a MN snow storm, but leaving very soon to go to the hospital (about 10 miles away). Traffic and roads are terrible today. Not to worry, though. I think that MN humans are used as training tools for sled dogs. :lol:

Son will meet me there, and daughter is driving up from Iowa hoping to arrive by early afternon.

Received three phone calls from hospital last night, but they were just asking for routine information.

Nothing more to share now.

Don
Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me."

"My Journey To Jesus"

"The Israel Connection"

"I have a story to tell...the saving gospel to share...and the fire of the Holy Spirit burning deep within my soul."

Edy

Postby Edy » Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:34 pm

Don, your sense of humor coming through is encouraging! I hope that means you were able to get a good night's sleep, "around the edges" (as our family calls it) of interrupting phone calls. I'm glad your back-up team of son and daughter can join you, too. Praying for safe travel over snowy roads for everyone.

I don't plan to shovel around here until the snow quits. Perhaps a neighbor will run his snowblower down the sidewalk before I make it outside. 8)
The Power of Story
Essentially Lutheran

BeachGrandma

Postby BeachGrandma » Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:55 pm

This is the first I've been able to get into this site. FW somehow makes me jump through several hoops to gain admittance anymore. I suspect my computer needs attention, too, so I'll call the repairman Monday.

Don, I know this must be such a difficult time for you, torn in so many directions. But our dear Lord is in the commander's seat and will guide you and Carol every inch, step and minute of the way. I pray for peace for her, for rest for you both, for the safety of your kids as they travel to be with you, for God to pour extra strength into every limb and every part of your body, for Carol to be relieved of any discomfort and to have an unusual sense of God's presence around her.

Email me if you need to talk.

God bless, my dear brother.

Mariane
Mariane Holbrook

BeachGrandma

Postby BeachGrandma » Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:43 pm

Just checking in to see if Don has posted anything about Carol tonight. God be with this precious family.
Mariane Holbrook

ready2go

Postby ready2go » Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:28 pm

Carol's unstable state has improved slightly to something less unstable, but with some worsening issues is still very unstable.

First the better news:
1) The brain CT was clear, the stomach x-rays were okay, and the bladder/kidney ultrasound showed nothing unusual.
2) A recent heart attack and stroke has been ruled out.
3) She is being re-hydrated, and the anemia, the low potassium levels, and the low blood sugar levels are being carefully controlled, plus, her low blood pressure readings have been raised slightly.

Now, the not-so-good news:
1) Carol's heart pumping function has steadily dropped down to only 10% in the past 2-3 months with no way to improve it. It was about 20% six months ago.
2) Her kidney function crashed to less than 5% during the past month. Little or no improvement is expected. Dialysis is not possible with her weak heart - it would kill her.
3) Soon her weak heart and the almost non-existent kidney function will fight against each other with devastating results. It's only a matter of time before that happens.

Misc:
1) In a moment of frustration this morning she ripped out her catheter causing major tissue damage and extensive bleeding.
2) The hospital will soon have done about all they can do to help her. In-home hospice care with a nurse present 24 hr/day for Carol's remaining time is being discussed.
3) I'll try to keep you informed the best I can.

Don

"My Journey To Jesus"

"The Israel Connection"

Laurie

Postby Laurie » Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:41 pm

Hugs to you, Don.

With your status reports on Carol in recent months, it sure seemed like you'd be telling us something like this soon. I'm just so sorry. It's evident how deeply you love her. What a heartbreaking time for you.

Thanks for updating us when you can. I'm sure I'm not the only one checking here frequently. Anything we can say seems so inadequate for what you're going through. You know that you're in our thoughts and prayers during these incredibly difficult days.

Allison

Postby Allison » Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:51 pm

Oh, Don. I'm so sorry. Praying!

Well, I got rid of the pump thing this afternoon! The home health nurse came by today and said I was done. Woohoo! I feel free!! :D
Isaiah 40:30-31 (NIV)

Edy

Postby Edy » Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:30 pm

Laurie wrote:Hugs to you, Don.

With your status reports on Carol in recent months, it sure seemed like you'd be telling us something like this soon. I'm just so sorry. It's evident how deeply you love her. What a heartbreaking time for you.

Thanks for updating us when you can. I'm sure I'm not the only one checking here frequently. Anything we can say seems so inadequate for what you're going through. You know that you're in our thoughts and prayers during these incredibly difficult days.

Laurie covered so well what I would have written, I'll just "second the motion" and add my "Amen."
Our times are in His hands, and that's the best place, ever, for whatever comes. We continue to stand in the gap with you, Don, making up that hedge of protection against all the fiery darts of the wicked one. I am relieved to see that the load for Carol's care can be shared with another helper coming alongside. My prayer is for the best care giver(s) you could imagine to lend support.
Perhaps another Towana Carter, from this true account:

Investments
The Power of Story
Essentially Lutheran

PreviousNext

Return to The Water Cooler