To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Valentine's Day

If debating Theology isn't quite your style, but you love God's Word, please use this forum to encourage and be encouraged by sharing scripture, your own devotions and short questions to ponder. This is not a place for debate or argument.

Moderator: beaedwards

writermom
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Valentine's Day

Postby writermom » Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:28 pm

There are many of us on Faithwriter's who have previously gone through a divorce. Going through a divorce, single or widowed and know that today is Valentine's Day. I read an article yesterday from a writer here on F.W. and she reminds us that even if we don't have anyone we are still loved by God. I know in myself there is no greater love than God's love but those of us who don't have a spouse for whatever reason or a companion, it can still be hard on this day. There are those who are waiting on God to bring that someone special in their lives and that is the most difficult part. I also am waiting on God to bring me someone. I am pretty sure I know who that "someone" is and that makes it even more difficult. I am thankful for my two son's who live with me. I know those of you who aren't entirely alone are thankful for your loved ones. Let us try to remember that God loved everyone so much so that he gave His only Son. No matter which holiday we encounter throughout the year our heavenly Father is still on His throne cheering us on to victory. Blessings, Lori
"If you have only been published once, then you have been read by many" L.G.

eaglelion

Re: Valentine's Day

Postby eaglelion » Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:25 pm

Hi -

Thank you for that tender message. It truly encouraged.

I brought myself a box of chocolates for Valentine's Day and before I reached the register, our Lord told me to buy a box for a stranger. I did and when I exited the store, I gave it to a mother with a child in a stroller.

GOD is so purely loving.
Psalm 63:8 - KJV
My soul followeth hard after thee:...

My profile http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?id=42309

Return to Encouragement from the Word