To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Southern Porch Extension

A place for general chat (non-writing related). Please keep political discussions to the relevant neighborhood forum.

Moderators: cori67, RedBaron, Shann

Allison
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Re: Southern Porch Extension

Postby Allison » Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:28 pm

It will be 2 to 3 days in the hospital (I think I mentioned that already, though), then physical therapy at home, then, I'm assuming, out patient physical therapy. I'll be out of work 6 to 12 weeks. We have separate "sick" and "annual" (personal) leave. The good thing is that at my sick leave from my first job with the state of Missouri actually transferred to my new job, and I have over 12 weeks save up on sick leave. So I won't even have to touch my annual leave.
Isaiah 40:30-31 (NIV)

Joanney

Postby Joanney » Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:27 am

Allison, it is good that your sick pay rolled over, not only from changing jobs, but year-to-year. Many places put a cap on how many days you can roll over and it is usually only a few weeks at most. We will be praying for you.
ImageImage

"We are not sinners because we sin, we sin because we are sinners."

You have wearied the LORD with your words.
“How have we wearied him?” you ask.
By saying, “All who do evil are good in the eyes of the LORD, and he is pleased with them” or “Where is the God of justice?”

Malachi 2:17

Joanney

Postby Joanney » Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:19 pm

Well, I got approved for the townhouse with an extra $300 deposit. Their normal deposit plus pet deposit plus this extra deposit is still less than one month's rent, which is what one expects to pay for a rental deposit, so I guess that is okay.

But then I get home and I got a letter in the mail from Paul's attorney. She suggests that we go back to mediation since I am in default on the loan and cannot get Paul's name off the mortgage by August. When I asked him to extend the deadline, his answer was a counteroffer of him getting primary custody of the kids with me having parenting time every other weekend and Wednesday nights, adjusting the child support accordingly and me no longer getting spousal support. If this were to happen, I would not qualify for a studio apartment, let alone someplace where the boys could live with me even part time. I would have to drop out of school and take a full-time job on top of the part-time jobs that I am currently working in order to afford the townhouse. But my insurance is contingent on me being enrolled in school both fall and spring semesters, so that would also delay the needed surgery.

Right now, I just want to crawl up in a ball on my bed and cry, but I need to leave for class in an hour and need to get dinner in the oven for the boys before I leave.
ImageImage

By saying, “All who do evil are good in the eyes of the LORD, and he is pleased with them” or “Where is the God of justice?”

Verna

Postby Verna » Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:01 pm

Praying for God to soften Paul's heart and help him to be the man he could be--even more for God to make His provision to you so clear that you and your boys and all others would see He has His hand on you. Bless you, Dear.
Verna

A merry heart doeth good like a medicine...
Proverb 17:22

Facebook author page: Verna Cole Mitchell
http://www.magnificomanuscripts.com/

Green Leaves

Postby Green Leaves » Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:45 pm

So delighted to hear that all went well for you, dear Marianne. Wondering now how Allison is doing.

I am currently involved in a book I'm reading, "Proof of Heaven" by Dr. Eben Alexander. Have any of you read it? He is a neurosurgeon who had an Near Death Experience, subsequently became a believer. His story is fascinating and almost impossible for me to put down.
http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?id=45576

"God has not called me to be successful, God has called me to be faithful." Mother Teresa

"...not to advance in the spiritual life is to go back. But those who have the gale of the Holy Spirit go forward even in sleep.". Brother Lawrence

Green Leaves

Postby Green Leaves » Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:54 pm

I had missed reading the last few posts before submitting my comment.

Joanney, I too will be remembering you in prayer. It sounds overwhelming, humanly speaking, but a small matter in God's hands. Nothing can touch you without His permission. Just remember His unconditional love and power to control the universe.

It reminds me of the verse, loosely translated....Lord, we don't know what to do but our eyes are on You.

"God has not called me to be successful, God has called me to be faithful." Mother Teresa

"...not to advance in the spiritual life is to go back. But those who have the gale of the Holy Spirit go forward even in sleep.". Brother Lawrence

Allison

Postby Allison » Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:14 pm

Hey everyone! Surgery went well and I'm doing fine. No pain currently.

Edy

Postby Edy » Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:38 pm

Joanney - I haven't a clue what all is involved in mediation, but my first reaction is to reject the attorney's "suggestion" and proceed as planned letting the house foreclose (it's Paul's responsibility, not yours). Why should you be the one left holding the bag, anyway. Just thank her, but let her know you are done mediating, since it isn't in your or your sons' best interest.

For what that is worth, anyway.

I do add my second to what Verna and GreenLeaves have written. God is your protector. I'm praying you will have a special sense of His arms surrounding you with the comfort of His love and wiping away your tears.
"Jesus Never Fails!" Love, Edy
The Gospel is such Good News even Christians don't believe it!
The Power of Story
We are the third temple! Acts 7:48, 1 Peter 2:4-5
Essentially Lutheran
My StoriesMy Blog:The Prairie Nightingale

Laurie

Postby Laurie » Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:11 pm

Allison, I'm so glad your surgery went well. Thanks for checking in with us to let us know already. I didn't know when you would be able to post. Praying you'll have a smooth recovery.

Joanney, hugs to you. What a mess. It's bad enough that Paul would even think of such conditions. And then his attorney actually goes along with his ridiculous ideas. :shock: I'm so sorry to hear about all of this. Since you were approved for the townhouse, can you still go forward with moving and letting the foreclosure happen? And then can you say no to Paul's counteroffer? Or are you prevented from foreclosing now? I don't know if I understand all of the details right. I feel bad for you that everything is so complicated. :( I know you have a strong faith in the one true living God who has promised he will take care of you. You're human, though, and I can believe that emotions are high right now. More hugs.

Green Leaves

Postby Green Leaves » Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:00 pm

I have some serious concerns after reading "Proof of Heaven". Not once, at least so far in my reading, and I am more than three fourths through it, does it mention Jesus or the need for repentance. Can't say I recommend this book after all. I hope I haven't mislead anyone.

ready2go

Postby ready2go » Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:17 pm

Green Leaves wrote:I have some serious concerns after reading "Proof of Heaven". Not once, at least so far in my reading, and I am more than three fourths through it, does it mention Jesus or the need for repentance. Can't say I recommend this book after all. I hope I haven't mislead anyone.

I haven't read the book, and I don't intend to read it. God's Word provides all the proof I need. I am highly skeptical of the various books and stories about authors having been to heaven or hell and back again. Their "experiences" are not biblical, and are satanically inspired. The books prey on the human emotion while filling the mind with that which people want to hear.

The devil is a deceiver who is trying to turn our eyes away from Jesus. He would love to convince people they don't need Jesus to enter heaven, and that all will go there without a repentent faith alone in Him. Sadly, there will be many false conversions as a result of his schemes of easy believe-ism.

That's my opinion, and I'm sticking to it!

Don
John 14:6
Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me."

"My Journey To Jesus"
http://faithwriters.com/article-details.php?id=41225

http://faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?id=18654

"The Israel Connection"
http://theisraelconnection.blogspot.com/

"I have a story to tell...the saving gospel to share...and the fire of the Holy Spirit burning deep within my soul."

Allison

Postby Allison » Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:59 pm

I'm HOME! I walked 150 feet with the walker and went up and down a couple of steps. But now for the next 8 days or so, I have to put up with this "active care pump" that squeezes your legs every few seconds. It's to prevent blood clots, so I know I need it, but it's still entirely annoying.

Edy

Postby Edy » Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:12 pm

Good for you, Allison! Years ago when I worked at the University hospital in orthopedics such surgery kept people for a couple weeks, as I recall. Praising God for your healing!
"Jesus Never Fails!" Love, Edy
The Gospel is such Good News even Christians don't believe it!
The Power of Story
We are the third temple! Acts 7:48, 1 Peter 2:4-5
Essentially Lutheran
My StoriesMy Blog:The Prairie Nightingale

Laurie

Postby Laurie » Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:13 am

Woo hoo, Allison! Way to go! Look forward to more updates as you continue your recovery. :)

Joanney

Postby Joanney » Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:39 pm

Well, I stopped playing phone tag when my lawyer this afternoon. He advised to go back to negotiations with Paul, but said that the solution would be related to the property, not to parenting time, or support. It may mean that Paul ends up with the house, or a payment from a sale or Deed in Lieu. That was a major relief. One friend told me to let Paul continue to think that he can do as he suggested so that he doesn't start thinking up other stuff. I responded by saying that he knew nothing would matter more than the boys, so he slam dunked on the first shot. Anything else he comes up with will be an airball in comparison.

This situation has lead me to seriously consider the timing of me continuing my education at this time. I am not willing to give up my life-time dream of becoming a teacher, but I am thinking that perhaps I need to put it on hold. Is it really worth the sacrifice to the boys for me to be gone to class 2 nights a week and studying all of my spare time? Add to that the time it will take to pack and move. And that fact that I have noticed that stress increases the symptoms of my condition. I am wondering if it would be better to simply find a full-time job and focus on life and the boys. I can always go back after Simon graduates.

So, please pray for wisdom and direction on whether or not I should withdraw from classes and for a better job. Also for smooth negotiations with Paul. Thanks.
ImageImage

PreviousNext

Return to The Water Cooler