To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

A place for general chat (non-writing related). Please keep political discussions to the relevant neighborhood forum.

Moderators: cori67, RedBaron, Shann

Shann

Re: Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

Postby Shann » Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:11 pm

just a jar ever couple of weeks...a small three pound jar :mrgreen:
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

Shann

Postby Shann » Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:13 pm

I need to rant. Now it is my understanding that business and what not have to have federal tax forms out by Jan 31. Then please tell me why a business can be fined for neglecting the tax forms yet the federal government isn't finished with their forms and won't even accept my return until March! Come on seriously??
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

AnneRene'
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Postby AnneRene' » Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:15 pm

Shann wrote:I need to rant. Now it is my understanding that business and what not have to have federal tax forms out by Jan 31. Then please tell me why a business can be fined for neglecting the tax forms yet the federal government isn't finished with their forms and won't even accept my return until March! Come on seriously??

Now THAT'S scarry! Could be the beginning of good' ole Obama's 2nd term. Geeeesh....WHAT were people thinking when they re-elected him. NO MATTER....God is still in control.

BTW....SO HAPPY to see you, Jazzy-Tazzy-Terror! And even happier to hear about your weight loss. It is sooooo hard to loose weight but like Shannikins said....keep going, it's much easier when ewes young.

Leahkins....Hope you find a really nice place when you make the move. I always liked moving, especially when the new place is right up your alley (one without doggie poopie that is) :mrgreen: Anyway...I can take getting a place that might not have all that I'd like but not so much being in not so nice neighborhoods, so glad ewe moving.

Allison, Beakers and Shannikins....keeping you in my prayers cuties!

See y'all later! It's almost the weekend! :superhappy :superhappy :superhappy

Untitled1.jpg
Untitled1.jpg (42.1 KiB) Viewed 694 times

Don't know these people but the baby is trying his or her darndest! And look at those chubby cheeks! :)

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:39 am

WHAT were people thinking when they re-elected him.

RE-elected...? He was never elected in the first place. Only placed there by the lobbyists that actually control our government (mainly rich foreign nationals, disguised as europeans, that actually own our companies). They placed him there because the foreign countries controlling the worlds oil supply (mainly run by the Islamic nation) offered them free gas while he is in office. They are now planning to do away with the two term restriction so they can continue getting it free so they can charge the common folk a bucket load per gallon to stuff their own pockets.

Sorry, I don't like politics much, and politicians even less. They are so crooked they won't even pay me to not talk about what they are really doing. I guess they know that no-one will actually believe me anyway. :roll:

I mean really, look at facts. 75% of Americans DIDN'T vote for the man, but he still made it into office by majority vote. Mickey Mouse actually got more votes than him. Go figure. :(
....JesusPuppy (or just call me Pup) Image

And just for the record, I am a Male.

"I am a writer, I do NOT lie... I fictionalise." JP

"The Lord Bless thee, and keep thee.." Num. 6:24

JesusPuppy Profile

Cypress Times, online Christian news paper.

AnneRene'

Postby AnneRene' » Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:29 pm

JesusPuppy wrote:
WHAT were people thinking when they re-elected him.

RE-elected...? He was never elected in the first place. Only placed there by the lobbyists that actually control our government (mainly rich foreign nationals, disguised as europeans, that actually own our companies). They placed him there because the foreign countries controlling the worlds oil supply (mainly run by the Islamic nation) offered them free gas while he is in office. They are now planning to do away with the two term restriction so they can continue getting it free so they can charge the common folk a bucket load per gallon to stuff their own pockets.

Sorry, I don't like politics much, and politicians even less. They are so crooked they won't even pay me to not talk about what they are really doing. I guess they know that no-one will actually believe me anyway. :roll:

I mean really, look at facts. 75% of Americans DIDN'T vote for the man, but he still made it into office by majority vote. Mickey Mouse actually got more votes than him. Go figure. :(

LOL :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: No need to be sorry....I'm with ya ALL THE WAY buddy-boy!

Too funny about Mickey Mouse too! Okay....off to church...Sees y'all later.

Rebecky

Postby Rebecky » Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:56 pm

JesusPuppy wrote:Mickey Mouse actually got more votes than him. Go figure. :(

Hey! What did Mickey Mouse ever do to you?!

:lol:

So I got a valentines gift from my church today. They gave them to all the Single people in the church because God is our sweetheart. In the bag was tons of candy, a small notebook with my name written on it and inside is some bible verses written on a few of the pages and a small bottle of shampoo that smells like cherry blossom.

Sorry I've been MIA. I was sick and then I worked a few days last week and now I"m going to be "Working" for my grandparents and sitting with my grandpa while Nanny goes out for doctor appointments or dentist or whatnot. So far I'll be going to their house on Wednesday when she goes to my Aunt's house. She did see a woman in the neighborhood was looking for work I guess and interviewed her. I know the woman and I personally wouldn't trust her. She was even asking for $15 an hour. I don't know how anyone can expect an elderly couple to pay out that much money. We all decided we'd feel much better if it was family and I'm available so it works out. I definitely would feel better with it not being a stranger or anything.
Dum Spiro Spero

AnneRene'

Postby AnneRene' » Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:11 am

Rebecky wrote:

So I got a valentines gift from my church today. They gave them to all the Single people in the church because God is our sweetheart. In the bag was tons of candy, a small notebook with my name written on it and inside is some bible verses written on a few of the pages and a small bottle of shampoo that smells like cherry blossom.

Sorry I've been MIA. I was sick and then I worked a few days last week and now I"m going to be "Working" for my grandparents and sitting with my grandpa while Nanny goes out for doctor appointments or dentist or whatnot. So far I'll be going to their house on Wednesday when she goes to my Aunt's house. She did see a woman in the neighborhood was looking for work I guess and interviewed her. I know the woman and I personally wouldn't trust her. She was even asking for $15 an hour. I don't know how anyone can expect an elderly couple to pay out that much money. We all decided we'd feel much better if it was family and I'm available so it works out. I definitely would feel better with it not being a stranger or anything.

Hey Beakers! Soooo good to see ewes back!!!!! And how thoughtful of your church. Cherry blossom is my daughters absolute favorite scent of lotion, shampoo, body wash, perfume...you name it. :) As for me....like it too but I have developed an allergy to all scents and it bites! Can't use scented anything and sometimes I choke up even with peoples shampoos. :( Anyways....glad you are going to stay with your Nanny....it's downright scary having strangers or others you're not sure about, watching loved ones.

K....BIG NEWS....I got me a laptop! :) :) Okay it's thru fingerhut, but when ewes don't have the cash...it works! It's an ASUS (can't even pronounce it but am trusting God to make it work. I did get a 2 year warranty tho so that's some comfort. It's not here yet but it better hurry up 'cuz even typing this is getting squirrley...something says my pages are unresponsive and I can't even change the font color which is making me SUPER crazy.

K...gotta go guys. See y'all later. Luv, Hugs and Prayers

AnneRene'

Postby AnneRene' » Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:11 am

Rebecky wrote:

Hey Beakers! Soooo good to see ewes back!!!!! And how thoughtful of your church. Cherry blossom is my daughters absolute favorite scent of lotion, shampoo, body wash, perfume...you name it. :) As for me....like it too but I have developed an allergy to all scents and it bites! Can't use scented anything and sometimes I choke up even with peoples shampoos. :( Anyways....glad you are going to stay with your Nanny....it's downright scary having strangers or others you're not sure about, watching loved ones.

K....BIG NEWS....I got me a laptop! :) :) Okay it's thru fingerhut, but when ewes don't have the cash...it works! It's an ASUS (can't even pronounce it but am trusting God to make it work. I did get a 2 year warranty tho so that's some comfort. It's not here yet but it better hurry up 'cuz even typing this is getting squirrley...something says my pages are unresponsive and I can't even change the font color which is making me SUPER crazy.

K...gotta go guys. See y'all later. Luv, Hugs and Prayers

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:33 am

Rebecky wrote:Hey! What did Mickey Mouse ever do to you?!

What do mean...? I was one of them that voted for him. :mrgreen:

Bubbles..? You should check out nomorerack.com . good deals on new stuff. I saw a 10in. tablet on there for $50 or 55. (can't remember)

JesusPuppy Profile

Allison

Postby Allison » Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:06 am

My hip replacement surgery is tomorrow. I don't know the actual time of surgery, but I have to be at the hospital by 7:00 AM Central time. I am blessed to be going to Barnes-Jewish St. Louis, a hospital that is consistently ranked in the top 10 in the nation overall and specifically in orthopedics. I know I will be in good hands, and in the hands of God, but I'm still a bit nervous. I posted on the prayer request board too. :)
Isaiah 40:30-31 (NIV)

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:18 am

Will be praying for you Shortstuff. Let us know how it goes.

JesusPuppy Profile

jaybird
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Postby jaybird » Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:28 pm

I tried to post the other day, however my caps got STUCK AND I GAVE UP.

I scared people last Sat by going to ER with palpitations. But the beats went back to normal before we left. Tests turned out normal.

Agreed Pup, our government doesn't run us, a few select entities.

Oh if the next pope is named Peter, we're doomed. :shock:
I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. Philippians 4:13

"Why sweat the small stuff when it's really not a big stink" - my quote

http://www.journalhome.com/ThingsToShare/

violin4jesus

Postby violin4jesus » Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:52 am

What is that rumor about anyways about the next pope being named Peter equals the end of the world? Who started that one?

Well, had a fairly busy weekend which disappeared before I even realized it! Had a super busy night last night and stayed late an hour to chart after doing a delivery on a woman who didn't know she was pregnant! :shock: Not the first time I've had such delivery. She showed up for "abdominal pain" and they did an ultrasound in the ER and found a term sized baby. She said she felt a lot of pressure so they tossed her up to us really quick! Of course since she didn't have prenatal care we had the NICU team there, and they ended up taking it back to the NICU. I hope things work out for her okay. She just wasn't prepared to suddenly have a baby in less than two hours. Anyways it was pretty crazy. But I still love my job. :wink:

Tomorrow I have two classes from 9am-3:30pm. Hopefully it won't be too boring. I tried to cut my sleeping time short today so I'd be tired enough tonight. Just took my Benadryl and waiting for it to kick in. Why don't they ever schedule classes at 8pm? It would be much better for us night shifters. :roll: Mandatory this, mandatory that...but none of them have to show up at 1am for some mandatory thing. That's what it's like when I have to do something during the day. It's right during my personal midnight. :?

Hope your surgery goes well, Allison. Glad you're in good hands.

Night, all.

JoyAnn

Postby JoyAnn » Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:08 am

JesusPuppy wrote:
JoyAnn wrote:Me starve myself HA fat chance I would never and will never starve myself and that is kind of why I had 100 pounds to lose...now its just 48!!

Well, I did n't think you were that dumb, but wanted to check first. :wink:

I am glad you are doing ok, and keep up the good work. I know you can do it. Oh, and one morre thing. Get back to work on your books, lazy kid.

haha I have been, getting around 400 hundred in on the days that I get the chance too! first weigh-in tonight lost 2 pounds, though yesterday I the scale said I gained 3 so when I weighed in and it said I lost 2 so I like just lost 5 in a day...46 pounds left to go for my 100 by 1 year date which it may 26...38 for my biggest loser goal! My trainer was fired for no real reason on thursday so these last few days have been real hard I am having to meet with other trainers to find a new one, I will know but Sunday. And earlier today before the weigh in Justin's (my trainer) best friend (Peter) at the gym quite the day of weigh-in because of Justin was fired. So tonight before weigh in the gave everyone papers with an email to make their complaint, because it was a mad house the day Justin was fired and many people are still mad and then Peter quit and this is all happening at the beginning of the biggest loser right after everyone has just spent a bunch of money on the biggest loser and the supplements and sessions with their trainers so people are not happy that they have been cheated out of their trainer and their money, because all sales are final at the gym...so it hasn't been a fun week.
~Jazzy~Tazzy~
~Tazzarina~Terror~
~Terrorizer~Princess~
~Spunky~PopTart~JoyBells~

"Oh, I KNOW I'm not confused."

"Yeah, I am a Moron."

In His Love and Mercy, Tiara Joy

Terrorizer41192@hotmail.com
(I can't even get into this one, so if you sent anything to it I won't get it....)
TiaraJoy's Profile

Allison

Postby Allison » Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:10 pm

Hey everyone! I'm out of surgery and doing well. No pain currently.
Isaiah 40:30-31 (NIV)

PreviousNext

Return to The Water Cooler