To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Dialogue help

If Fiction is your forte, this is the forum for you. This is the place to share information and get help on the road to writing the next great novel.

Moderators: itsjoanne, Sparrow, RedBaron

missionsgirl
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Dialogue help

Postby missionsgirl » Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:34 pm

Hey all! I'm working on my first e-book right now. Just a short story, but hopefully going to do more in the future. I've really been struggling with writing realistic dialogue though, and have already done 2 or 3 rewrites of one of my key scenes, and I know I'll need to do at least 2 more rewrites probably.

The whole story is written first person, if that helps any. Does anyone have any tips on writing good dialogue?

Thanks!
Remember that the living God is everything. Not success, not victory, but God. Not winning, not losing, but God. A.W. Tozer

glorybee

Re: Dialogue help

Postby glorybee » Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:20 pm

There are several lessons in dialogue writing in the forum called "Jan's Writing Basics" right here on FaithWriters. A few of them are on the first page of posts, and a few are farther back. I hope they're helpful for you!
Jan Ackerson

missionsgirl
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Re: Dialogue help

Postby missionsgirl » Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:57 pm

Thanks. I'll have a look at them.
Remember that the living God is everything. Not success, not victory, but God. Not winning, not losing, but God. A.W. Tozer

Return to Fiction Forum