To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

A place for general chat (non-writing related). Please keep political discussions to the relevant neighborhood forum.

Moderators: cori67, RedBaron, Shann

AnneRene'
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Re: Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

Postby AnneRene' » Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:03 pm

Hello, howdy and hi...cuties, sweeties, guys and dolls. Take your pick. :mrgreen: Oh, well, maybe I should add street urchins and dogs.

Miss Leahkins...NOT weird at all feeling good and being proud of bagging the little one. It obviously saved his or her life. I actually felt relieved and good and proud with you and for you! Now THAT'S weird. HUSH PUP!!!!! Anyways...where do you get the stamina to press on when your sick AND sleep deprived. Geeeesh, I feel exhausted just reading about your schedule. Although, I do know you eat healthy and that says a lot.

As for you Miss Shannikins....Please don't let your fears twirl you into a spin of denial and then end up much worse than if you had gone in sooner. I really and truly feel torn up inside when you have to go through so much agony with being admitted 'cuz you didn't see the doc. I know you know this but, still....mes luvs ewe!

Amykins....C U T E beau ya got there. Of course, you are cute yourself and your dress color is mouth-watering goigeous! Glad all went well and his parents were generous and kind. Although, I didn't expect anything less.

And last but not least....YES, C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S to all of you for your EC's! :superhappy Makes this Mama proud! I mean, I did hatch this forum with Sunshines help. BTW, anyone heard from her? Me's misses her!!!!

Beakers...I'm actually glad about the Ravens winning 'cuz I'm sick and tired of the 49er frenzy with everyone around me. I mean, I wish they'd get that crazy happy about Christmas, Easter and the Lord in particular. O.k., I'm not a scrooge or anything about sports and I enjoy the superbowl too...just don't like the overboard fanaticism that goes with it.

Oooooooooooooooh....Kaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay...gots to git outta here. Luv, Hugs and Prayers Peeps!

image015.jpg
image015.jpg (28.3 KiB) Viewed 659 times

Shann

Postby Shann » Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:08 pm

I'm really hurting today. It feels like my joints are going to explode and splatter Shann goo everywhere. Then Phin will lick it up and I've already a horrible picture in my mind. Okay, gonna scream in my pillow, then do taxes, then work on editing job, and hopefully be able to do something with the dishes piled high in the sink.
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

Allison

Postby Allison » Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:46 pm

Found out today that thanks to the mild heart murmur I had as a child that no one has even mentioned in 10 years, and have been told isn't there anymore, I have to see a cardiologist before my surgery now. As if my over analytical mind (Miss OAM, as I affectionately call her) needs one more thing to worry about. I mean, I get it. I know it's better to be safe than sorry. (Plus I figure if I'm going to reach my out of pocket max this year, might as well get the full work-up done, right?) But it still gives my mind one more thing to think/worry about. :roll:
Isaiah 40:30-31 (NIV)

Allison

Postby Allison » Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:50 pm

:( I'm sorry you're in so much pain, Shann. And I'm sorry about the vision problems too. Praying for you!

Shann

Postby Shann » Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:00 pm

Allison wrote:Found out today that thanks to the mild heart murmur I had as a child that no one has even mentioned in 10 years, and have been told isn't there anymore, I have to see a cardiologist before my surgery now. As if my over analytical mind (Miss OAM, as I affectionately call her) needs one more thing to worry about. I mean, I get it. I know it's better to be safe than sorry. (Plus I figure if I'm going to reach my out of pocket max this year, might as well get the full work-up done, right?) But it still gives my mind one more thing to think/worry about. :roll:

I seriously wouldn't worry about it. For some weird reasons people with red hair or pale complexions tend to have heart murmurs as kids and then grow out of it. Even when I had endocarditis (infection around the sack of the heart) the childhood murmur caused no problems. that probably doesn't help a lot but I hope it will ease your mind. Tell me again when the surgery is? I am praying for you as you approach it but will be praying extra hard the 12 hours before and after. :loveyou
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

Allison

Postby Allison » Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:06 am

Shann wrote:
Allison wrote:Found out today that thanks to the mild heart murmur I had as a child that no one has even mentioned in 10 years, and have been told isn't there anymore, I have to see a cardiologist before my surgery now. As if my over analytical mind (Miss OAM, as I affectionately call her) needs one more thing to worry about. I mean, I get it. I know it's better to be safe than sorry. (Plus I figure if I'm going to reach my out of pocket max this year, might as well get the full work-up done, right?) But it still gives my mind one more thing to think/worry about. :roll:

I seriously wouldn't worry about it. For some weird reasons people with red hair or pale complexions tend to have heart murmurs as kids and then grow out of it. Even when I had endocarditis (infection around the sack of the heart) the childhood murmur caused no problems. that probably doesn't help a lot but I hope it will ease your mind. Tell me again when the surgery is? I am praying for you as you approach it but will be praying extra hard the 12 hours before and after. :loveyou

Oh, I know it's not a big deal, really. It's just one more thing for my over analytical mind to think about, is all, and one more "hurdle" (even if in reality the hurdle is more like a small speed bump or a turn you have to slow down a bit for. ;) ).

JoyAnn

Postby JoyAnn » Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:42 am

JesusPuppy wrote:Spunky... Hiya Terror. Sounds like you been busy exercising if nothing else.. better not be from starving yourself or I will come up there and beat you. :fingerwag

Me starve myself HA fat chance I would never and will never starve myself and that is kind of why I had 100 pounds to lose...now its just 48!!

And thanks Shann and Leah!
~Jazzy~Tazzy~
~Tazzarina~Terror~
~Terrorizer~Princess~
~Spunky~PopTart~JoyBells~

"Oh, I KNOW I'm not confused."

"Yeah, I am a Moron."

In His Love and Mercy, Tiara Joy

Terrorizer41192@hotmail.com
(I can't even get into this one, so if you sent anything to it I won't get it....)
TiaraJoy's Profile

violin4jesus

Postby violin4jesus » Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:26 am

Shann, you need to take care of yourself!!! Whether Becky or I gave you a buggie or somebody else, please please please sleep it away! I feel so much better after sleeping the whole weekend.

Holly, yes, the diet and mega loads of vitamins I take every day most likely has a lot to do with my general healthiness. This is the first time I've been sick at all (other than a random ear infection) in over a year and a half. And I kicked it by sleeping, tons of extra vitamin C & D, and this combo of OTC's: 1 generic Allegra (fexofenadine HCl), 1 generic Sudafed 12-HR (pseudoephedrine HCl), 1 Mucinex-D 12-HR (has cough suppressant & expectorant), Ibuprofen 800mg every 6 hours, and Fisherman's Friend cough drops (pretty much pure menthol) all night long while working. No coughing fits all over my patients, I kept my voice, and an additional cough drop while sleeping kept me breathing through my nose almost the whole time. I have friends who say they don't like to take drugs for anything. I kinda get it. But frankly I'd rather breathe when I'm sick, and get better faster, than be miserable for two weeks. So there's my secret power combo. I took it three days straight (only during the day because they'll keep you awake), and one extra day of the Allegra/Sudafed to ward off ear infections. Oh, and the vitamin C: 3000mg; vitamin D: 25,000iu.

I just missed being the nurse for my delivery yesterday morning because the doctor told me to stop pushing for 20 minutes while she was on her way. I stayed a few minutes over so I could watch, but I was pretty bummed to miss out being the official nurse. :roll: There still would have been time for her to gown up and catch the baby if we'd kept pushing. It's just frustrating to be there all night and do all that work and then miss the payoff at the end. Sigh. And better than my last delivery where the poor mom had a great labor and delivery, but tore a 4th degree and it took over an hour to repair.

Anyways, better luck tonight if I work. I want to work, but it's been a while since I got standby and I keep expecting them to call me and cut my hours. Although I did a preliminary estimation of our taxes and it looks like we'll get a refund. I wasn't sure what to expect because we paid last year, so I was preparing to save up to pay again. Ryan wants to use the money to move. We're pretty far out from my job, and all the shopping stuff and gym is closer to my work. The only things we have here is our church & my massage therapist. And our dentist & eye doctor, but it's not like we see them too often. I intentionally got a chiropractor closer to work because we were intending to move sometime this spring/summer. We'll have to have enough for deposit & first month's rent, the cost of renting a trailer to tow our stuff with the car (I think only $20-30/day with UHaul), the cost of having someone move our fridge, and the cost of a new futon because Ryan hates our couch and wants to get a futon instead. And the TIME it takes to do all this, and to find the right place. I like our place now but it is in the ghetto, let's be real. Last summer someone dumped a bag of poop in the alley by our gated parking. It was hot outside. And it smelled. For WEEKS. Not wanting to deal with that again. But I'll miss our ocean views. :lol:

Okay, time to wind down. Have a massage at 2pm, so I have to get up by 1pm. Which means I need to get to bed by 7am at the latest if I want decent sleep. I already sneaked in 3 hours on the couch. :roll:

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:46 am

JoyAnn wrote:Me starve myself HA fat chance I would never and will never starve myself and that is kind of why I had 100 pounds to lose...now its just 48!!

Well, I did n't think you were that dumb, but wanted to check first. :wink:

I am glad you are doing ok, and keep up the good work. I know you can do it. Oh, and one morre thing. Get back to work on your books, lazy kid.

Leah wrote:the cost of a new futon because Ryan hates our couch and wants to get a futon instead.
Ah ha, that's the reason for moving. To get new furniture. :heehee
....JesusPuppy (or just call me Pup) Image

And just for the record, I am a Male.

"I am a writer, I do NOT lie... I fictionalise." JP

"The Lord Bless thee, and keep thee.." Num. 6:24

JesusPuppy Profile

Cypress Times, online Christian news paper.

Shann

Postby Shann » Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:34 pm

Thanks for all of your concerns and prayers. It's silly I know, but I feel if I give into it then I'm a big time losing failure. Others deal with pain way worse than mine. Take Amy and Allison they both can travel, go to conferences, participate in church and have jobs while I'm crying into my pillow.

One thing good about the pain is Chris is being fantastic. He has always been good to me, but he is doing even more.

I am working on taxes and not only are we getting double of what I had guessed but I noticed a huge mistake from last year so am going to do an amended return and hopefully get even more back. I have no idea how I missed it. I really enjoy tax season and before it became state mandated that I have to refile, I would do it manually and figure out which way worked best. I still can't believe I missed it nor that the stupid tax program didn't catch it either. It counties Q who is four years older than Lyd as a dependent but didn't count Lyd. I put it aside for a few hours to double check. It would be awesome if we could get that money back.

Tiara congrats on the weight loss. I'd been doing good until I got on my rice cake kick, now I've gained half back.

Gonna go back and rest some more. Though I'm better still feel crummy.
Shann

Shann's Profile

Allison

Postby Allison » Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:11 pm

Shann wrote:Thanks for all of your concerns and prayers. It's silly I know, but I feel if I give into it then I'm a big time losing failure. Others deal with pain way worse than mine. Take Amy and Allison they both can travel, go to conferences, participate in church and have jobs while I'm crying into my pillow.

One thing good about the pain is Chris is being fantastic. He has always been good to me, but he is doing even more.

I am working on taxes and not only are we getting double of what I had guessed but I noticed a huge mistake from last year so am going to do an amended return and hopefully get even more back. I have no idea how I missed it. I really enjoy tax season and before it became state mandated that I have to refile, I would do it manually and figure out which way worked best. I still can't believe I missed it nor that the stupid tax program didn't catch it either. It counties Q who is four years older than Lyd as a dependent but didn't count Lyd. I put it aside for a few hours to double check. It would be awesome if we could get that money back.

Tiara congrats on the weight loss. I'd been doing good until I got on my rice cake kick, now I've gained half back.

Gonna go back and rest some more. Though I'm better still feel crummy.

I don't think my pain is worse than yours... I don't think it's that bad, actually, Which is why I can still work and do church and activities and such. I'm sure if my joints felt like they were about to explode I wouldn't be doing any of those things and I'd be crying in my pillow too!

Shann

Postby Shann » Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:40 pm

My minister says that God knows I can handle it. I confessed that I have felt guilty because if God told me to sacrifice my child like Abraham I'm pretty sure I couldn't do it. He answered in a much more eloquent way but said something like well if that's true, he wouldn't ask it of you. Instead you're asked to deal with your pain. Many people wouldn't be able to deal with that either so Jesus wouldn't ask them to do so. I'm not quite sure if I agree but it is comforting.

I had thought yesterday that things were starting to look up but today I can feel the cycle starting all over again. I so want to get through this without needing to go to Hosp but it doesn't look like that might happen. Excuse me while I scream in my pillow...oh ,an do I feel awful. Not only are my joints going to rxplode, but I think my bowels and other vital organs are going to fall out. The pain and pressure is unbelievable. I have so much stuff to do...zi'm finally getting paid editing jobs on a regular basis but if I have to go in and can't keep uh p people will lose faith in me and I need those jobs. Hugs to ya all. I love has. Amy is enroute to the West Coast. Talked a bit during layover in Minnesota. Should be home 7:30 her time.

Oh and Becky where for art thou? Haven't heard from you since your team won the super bowl
Shann

Shann's Profile

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:43 am

I am truly sorry if it seems that I am picking on you SHANN, but....

I'd been doing good until I got on my rice cake kick, now I've gained half back.

How in the world can a person gain weight eating something that looks like styrofoam in cookie form?? :roll:

JesusPuppy Profile

Shann

Postby Shann » Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:05 pm

Because it's like the only thing I eat, though I have been making myself try to eat yogurt, cheese, banana with PB, and sometimes a salad but because the rice cakes have no nutrional value my body thinks it is starving so it stores it ...or it could be the honey I put on them :?
Shann

Shann's Profile

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:35 pm

How much honey? :shock:

JesusPuppy Profile

PreviousNext

Return to The Water Cooler