To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

A place for general chat (non-writing related). Please keep political discussions to the relevant neighborhood forum.

Moderators: cori67, RedBaron, Shann

AnneRene'
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Re: Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

Postby AnneRene' » Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:04 pm

Rebecky wrote:might disappear for a while. I'm getting sicker. Aches. chiils. fever. headache. etc.

just want to sleep at this point.

Okay...it's been 3 whole days since you ran away and I'm hoping you feel lots better Beckykins! :handshake

Wren...SOOOO happy to see you around and ewes hair is goigeous!!!

And, Shannikins...I'm gonna try to read those two stories when I get home tonight. I can't wait to figure out which one belongs to who or is that whom?

Btw...cut me hair to top of shoulders and it feels WONDERFUL! No more pulling it in my armpit at night every time mes turns over. :mrgreen: Byeeee for now.

905c7e3e.jpg
905c7e3e.jpg (20.77 KiB) Viewed 1180 times

AnneRene'

Postby AnneRene' » Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:39 pm

OH YEAH...and Mr. Pupperoni..... :tongue

Are you insinuating that I'm....
bth_crazy-A.gif
bth_crazy-A.gif (739 Bytes) Viewed 1178 times

Or that I've lost these?
bth_marbles.jpg
bth_marbles.jpg (10.14 KiB) Viewed 1178 times

Oi Vey :roll: Can't wait to see what he comes up with now.

Untitled4.jpg
Untitled4.jpg (17.88 KiB) Viewed 1178 times

AnneRene'

Postby AnneRene' » Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:26 am

Oh Booo-yah! Nobody's been on. :(

Well....nightie-nite ya little party poopers. Sweet dreams and I really do hope y'all had a blessed day. :)

Gonna go snuggle up with Pepper, my roommates cute but smelly but lovable basset hooooooouuuund.
bth_bassethoundmagnet.jpg
bth_bassethoundmagnet.jpg (6.01 KiB) Viewed 1174 times

Shann

Postby Shann » Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:36 pm

Hey all just popping in to ask for prayers. I'm hurting in so many ways, physically, emotionally, spiritually. I just want to crawl in bed and never ever come out. Love ya alls
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

AnneRene'

Postby AnneRene' » Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:20 pm

Shann wrote:Hey all just popping in to ask for prayers. I'm hurting in so many ways, physically, emotionally, spiritually. I just want to crawl in bed and never ever come out. Love ya alls

Done Sweetie! :(

Snuggle up with your favorite binky and rest craddled in the arms of our Lord.

:grouphug2

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:58 pm

Bubbles I would never insinuate that you are donkers, that would be too much like fibbing, or stretching truths in needless gossip. Stating such things as a common fact, now that another story altogether. But I would never insinuate such a thing. :mrgreen:

Praying you had a rest filled night Shann. Just now got on to see your post. Oh wait, that was this morning, never mind. I will be praying anyway, you go take a nap.. or a nice hot soak.

And Bird, I sure hope and pray you don't come down with anything before the trip. Would be a real drag to get there, have that eye contact moment, then sneeze all over him. Definitely not the first impression I would want to make. :roll:
....JesusPuppy (or just call me Pup) Image

And just for the record, I am a Male.

"I am a writer, I do NOT lie... I fictionalise." JP

"The Lord Bless thee, and keep thee.." Num. 6:24

JesusPuppy Profile

Cypress Times, online Christian news paper.

Rebecky

Postby Rebecky » Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:02 pm

I'm being reminded over and over that life ends to quickly.

In the last 2 weeks several people that I or my family and/or friends know have died.

My dad's childhood friend. My friends brother-in-laws mom. a family friends mom. My Uncle's college student from many years ago and her two very young daughters. and now the older brother of a little boy in mom's class, who was only 3 yrs old.

Many deaths. Deaths of older people, the young and the in between. Death from disease, illness and accidents.

Sadness consuming the people and loved ones of those people, the hardships and pain.

We've all been there. We know what it's like to be in that sadness and that pain, we know what it's like to see the ones we love in the pain also.

Lets keep them all in our prayers. The people and families I mentioned and also the ones we don't know. There are many people out there we have never met, people our families have never met, but are going through the same things and they may even be all alone. So lets pray for them. Lets pray for the known and the unknown.
Dum Spiro Spero

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:03 am

I hear that. I can definately relate to that, having been in that darkened moment way to often myself. :(

JesusPuppy Profile

AnneRene'

Postby AnneRene' » Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:20 am

JesusPuppy wrote: Bubbles I would never insinuate that you are donkers, that would be too much like fibbing, or stretching truths in needless gossip. Stating such things as a common fact, now that another story altogether. But I would never insinuate such a thing. :mrgreen:

:roll: :roll: BTW...funny you said "Donkers"...I had 2 friends (a married couple) and he acted exacty like Shrek...even had that big stupid grin. His wife was a perfect Fiona and well, you know the rest. Sad thing is...I DO act like donkey (at times anyway). :mrgreen:
bth_b32a.jpg
bth_b32a.jpg (11.82 KiB) Viewed 1150 times

Praying you had a rest filled night Shann. Just now got on to see your post. Oh wait, that was this morning, never mind. I will be praying anyway, you go take a nap.. or a nice hot soak.

Thinkin 'bout ya Shannikins and to be honest...my gut had a little knot in it after I read your post.
On the spiritual drain...SO hoping nobody nutted up and made you feel like crawling in a hole and never coming out. You've had your share of being come against when you are actually helping. As for the body aches...you've had your abundance of freeeeeezing weather and I know what a challenge it can be to keep a wood stove burning hot enough to keep ya warm. Maybe you've just had too much going on with commitments. Sometimes when I get emotionally and physically burned out after going, going, going....trying to help others, my mind and body come to a screaching halt and I don't feel like doing ANYTHING. I hope you just needed a day off to yourself to do nothing and bask in warm fuzzies with your critters. :hugs2

Bird, I sure hope and pray you don't come down with anything before the trip. Would be a real drag to get there, have that eye contact moment, then sneeze all over him. Definitely not the first impression I would want to make. :roll:

How are ewe feeling today Amykins? I am also, SO hoping you aren't or don't get sick. I'm excited about the trip for you two.

Hows 'bout ewe Beakers? Mes heart is heavy for you. You are so young to be experiencing all this loss. And, yes, even tho we've all had our own experiences....doesn't make it sting any less. Praying for you to be lifted up and to continue to be a blessing to those around you.

Adios Amigos....off to getting busy for another day.

bth_bee_1-1.gif
bth_bee_1-1.gif (51.31 KiB) Viewed 1150 times

Sparrow

Postby Sparrow » Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:09 am

Hey guys, been a crazy last few days but I am not sick! However, my Dad went in for a routine colonoscopy yesterday and they found cancer. He didn't have any symptoms or anything, so folks, when you're over 50 go in for one! I don't care if you hate doctors or not. Dad does too, but because one took it upon himself to schedule the scope for Dad, that means they caught the cancer way early and it looks like it should only require surgery and then he'll be fine.

Bad timing of it all... the surgery will be on Saturday while I'm gone. But they tell me I can't do the surgery myself anyway, so I guess it doesn't matter where I am. :P

Becky, you're right that we have to cherish every moment we have with our friends and family because we never know how long we or they will last.

I was planning to be in bed by now since I have to leave the house at 4 am, but haven't quite made it. Still have to gather a few things but I'm mostly ready... as far as packing and stuff. I was ready ages ago! :mrgreen:
Amy Michelle Wiley
Check out my booklet, Bring Your Writing to Life: a writer's guide to "show; don't tell". Buy it here.
My Website, Sparrow's Flight

JoyAnn

Postby JoyAnn » Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:37 am

Yes I am still alive, just 50 pounds lighter and I am doing biggest loser going for 40 in the next 90 days. And then 10 more before May 26th! I feel really good health wise and mentally and emotional because of losing weight but I feel bad I haven't written anything in like months so I think I might try to get back into that soon..we'll see how that goes though...
~Jazzy~Tazzy~
~Tazzarina~Terror~
~Terrorizer~Princess~
~Spunky~PopTart~JoyBells~

"Oh, I KNOW I'm not confused."

"Yeah, I am a Moron."

In His Love and Mercy, Tiara Joy

Terrorizer41192@hotmail.com
(I can't even get into this one, so if you sent anything to it I won't get it....)
TiaraJoy's Profile

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:26 am

Spunky... Hiya Terror. Sounds like you been busy exercising if nothing else.. better not be from starving yourself or I will come up there and beat you. :fingerwag

Bird? What do you mean you can't do surgery? You are good at everything. I bet if you put your mind to it, you could do just as good as most doctors. :wink:

:heehee

As for that comment about going to see one of those supposed medical persons, and I know it had to be said about me... :tongue

Praying you have a safe trip, and enjoy your time.

JesusPuppy Profile

Ms. Barbie

Postby Ms. Barbie » Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:39 pm

Congrats Allison, Leah and Shann! Woo hoo! Hope I did not miss anyone else.

I had a vague idea for repeat but could not think of how to develop it. When I was a kid, we had a Choral Christmas record album-you know- those black vinyl plate- sized precursors to CDs? The song "Joy to the World" skipped during the second verse. It went " Repeat the sounding joy, repeat the sounding joy, Re-peat! repeat! Repeat! Repeat..."

Should have called on Shann to help me out. Brain not functioning these days.
Barb Culler

Allison

Postby Allison » Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:40 pm

Ms. Barbie wrote:Congrats Allison, Leah and Shann! Woo hoo! Hope I did not miss anyone else.

I had a vague idea for repeat but could not think of how to develop it. When I was a kid, we had a Choral Christmas record album-you know- those black vinyl plate- sized precursors to CDs? The song "Joy to the World" skipped during the second verse. It went " Repeat the sounding joy, repeat the sounding joy, Re-peat! repeat! Repeat! Repeat..."

Should have called on Shann to help me out. Brain not functioning these days.

Thanks! I had SO much fun with this one. And I'm glad to see others are enjoying reading it nearly as much as I enjoyed writing it.
Isaiah 40:30-31 (NIV)

Shann

Postby Shann » Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:15 am

JoyAnn wrote:Yes I am still alive, just 50 pounds lighter and I am doing biggest loser going for 40 in the next 90 days. And then 10 more before May 26th! I feel really good health wise and mentally and emotional because of losing weight but I feel bad I haven't written anything in like months so I think I might try to get back into that soon..we'll see how that goes though...

Man this is so awesome!! I'm proud of you. That's not easy to do. I like how after you met your goal you started another one. I had loct 65 pounds last year but my stupid rice cake consumption as messed me up and I've gained about half of the weight back. You go girl! I believe in you!

CONGRATULATIONS LEAH AND ALLISON ON YOUR EC!!!WH-OOT! HAPPY DANCE!! WHO-HOO!! :thumbs :coolsign :clap :superhappy :party :party
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

PreviousNext

Return to The Water Cooler